shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling all the Pregnant PS''ers

Huff26

Rough_Rock
April: I completely understand about the whole not wanting to spend money part. Like I said we are currently saving everything I make so it's so hard to let it go to all this baby stuff! I just feel like it never ends with furniture, crib, mattress and the like. But it's not like we weren't warned that kids are expensive by our friends and family.

I saw some Ikea hacks for gliders yesterday so I may make hubby do that instead. 300-ish vs 1000-ish is way better in my opinion. I would try to get a used one but my craigslist never seems to have any good baby stuff.
I'm glad your new Dr. was on your side. Those previous test results should be thrown out in my opinion. Hopefully he can be your Dr. for all of your appointments and even delivery!

Tbaus: Your bump is awesome! I am jealous of the weather that you have. Snow, sleet, and freezing rain for us today and tomorrow :nono:
I would try a mattress topper but sadly my mattress is one of the Tempurpedics with a dang topper on it… but it's just so hard. ;( Maybe if I am super sweet we could get another, softer one for on top but I don't think the hubs will go for it. Eventually I will just collapse into exhausted sleep is my hope. :)

AFM Nothing new today. Just waiting to hear back on the short sale and working away. I have so say that I can't wait to get out of here and into a little more space. My nesting urges are coming on strong!

JGator

Brilliant_Rock
Huff, if you are loooking to save money and having trouble on Craigslist, you might check out seasonal consigment sales in your area. You can just do a Google search and put in your metro area. For example, my daughter's pre-school has one twice a year and sells baby gear, baby/kids clothing, maternity wear, and kids toys. I also go to one hosted by a mom's group here for mothers of multiples - it is huge. You can find some great deals on nice stuff at these, and generally they are held in the Spring (March/April) and Fall (October). See if you can get any leads from this site - http://www.kidsconsignmentsales.com/seasonalsales.htm We paid about $500 for a brand new Best chair though so you don't need topay $1K for a chair and I'm sure you could score a much better deal used.

MuffDog

Shiny_Rock
tbaus|1424766433|3837354 said:
Trying to attach photo of me at 21+4 with twins in what was pre-pregnancy a loose and floaty top :errrr:

This was after work, so excuse the unavoidable creases in my linen top. It was a hot and sweaty day!

Muff, I guess I'm a day early posting my hump day photo? It is Tuesday afternoon here already, so I hope I'm forgiven :saint:

Great bump!!! Love the top as well - we are in a serious cold spell here and I'm tired of tights, leg warmers, sweaters and jackets that barely zip up!! You look so summery!!

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
Tbaus, looking good! I too am jealous of your warm weather right now!

I'll play along (at least for now). Not sure I'm going to be up for posting pictures too much longer as I'm already quite large at 19 weeks! I think my "bump" was much cuter last time around, but oh well!

20150225_073022.jpg

April20

Ideal_Rock
monkeyprincess|1424877271|3837967 said:
Tbaus, looking good! I too am jealous of your warm weather right now!

I'll play along (at least for now). Not sure I'm going to be up for posting pictures too much longer as I'm already quite large at 19 weeks! I think my "bump" was much cuter last time around, but oh well!

What are you talking about? You look adorable!

MuffDog

Shiny_Rock
MP - you look fantastic! Seriously - it is so funny. I think that all OTHER preggo mamas look incredible, but I think I look fat/huge/swollen etc. So think of it this way - 99.99999% of the world thinks you look glowing/radiant/gorgeous/beautiful/magical so that is pretty great.

Keep taking the pics - even if you are the 0.0000001% who thinks you don't look great, you will be happy to be able to look back at the amazing thing your body did!

Here's mine - 30w2d pregnant with my second. Belly is definitely softer/rounder/fatter than last time.

Symptom wise, insomnia is kicking my ass big time. If I'm not just wide awake, I'm wide awake with a throbbing headache. Good times. I remember this phase last time but I'd spend my awake time folding tiny baby clothes in the nursery. Of course, this time the nursery is still occupied by my son!

Hope everyone else is doing well :)

30w2d.jpg

April20

Ideal_Rock
So I think I'm feeling this kid. I'm not 100% sure, but there are too many twitches going on that I didn't have before.

Sha

Ideal_Rock
Looking good, girls!

MP - So excited about your boy/girl news!! :appl: :appl: How lovely!!

April20

Ideal_Rock
MuffDog, have you tried Magnesium for your headaches? I have been getting really nasty headaches. I asked the doc on Tuesday what I could take and he recommended 250mg of Magnesium Oxide every morning and evening. I started it immediately and had my first headache free day in I don't know how long yesterday. I'm still feeling pretty good today, so I'm hoping it's the magnesium and not just a fluke. I was going to bed with a headache and being aware of one the minute I woke up, so this is a major improvement.

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, Sha! I didn't think I had a preference, but finding out we were having one of each made me very happy!

April, yes, if you're feeling consistent little flutters or thumps, I'd say it's definitely the baby making his or her presence known. It's the craziest thing isn't it? Just wait until you're feeling it all the time and seeing it on the outside!

Muff, you look great and so fashionable for being 30 weeks pregnant in the winter! And thanks, I didn't mean to sound so negative. I just feel like I'm huge already, and I think that picture minimized it a bit (probably because my chest is comically huge this time!). Not that I'm going to complain, because I'm so grateful for this pregnancy. I just know that I was much smaller this time around the first time, and by the end I was HUGE, so it scares me to think of how big and uncomfortable I will be toward the end. All worth it if the result is healthy babies, but yikes, nonetheless. Sorry you're suffering insomnia and headaches! That's the worst!

MuffDog

Shiny_Rock
monkeyprincess|1425056544|3839198 said:
Thanks, Sha! I didn't think I had a preference, but finding out we were having one of each made me very happy!

April, yes, if you're feeling consistent little flutters or thumps, I'd say it's definitely the baby making his or her presence known. It's the craziest thing isn't it? Just wait until you're feeling it all the time and seeing it on the outside!

Muff, you look great and so fashionable for being 30 weeks pregnant in the winter! And thanks, I didn't mean to sound so negative. I just feel like I'm huge already, and I think that picture minimized it a bit (probably because my chest is comically huge this time!). Not that I'm going to complain, because I'm so grateful for this pregnancy. I just know that I was much smaller this time around the first time, and by the end I was HUGE, so it scares me to think of how big and uncomfortable I will be toward the end. All worth it if the result is healthy babies, but yikes, nonetheless. Sorry you're suffering insomnia and headaches! That's the worst!

MP - girl, you are allowed to complain here. It doesn't mean you are ungrateful for the chance to carry these babies and grow your family. I just wanted you to know that from where I stand, you look incredible. :)

April20 - I am for sure going to try that (scurries off to drug store)

AFM - I'm a little frustrated with my midwives (get ready - I'm going to sound super self-centred in a sec). While I really like my actual midwives (primary and secondary), 75% of my appointments have been cancelled at the last minute and rescheduled. Which I get and all, but 75%?! Seemed high. Anyway...my last appointment was supposed to be on Monday, and they called a few days in advance to reschedule to Thursday at 3. I checked Thurs in the morning and my midwife was on schedule. Showed up at 3 and they looked at me lkike I was crazy - apparently they were supposed to call and reschedule me to 1:30 (and they thought they actually did talk to me!). Anyways - they still snuck me in, only to find out that my secondary midwife is going on sick leave and all my other appointments will have to be rescheduled. I know she is probably going through something, but...well...the point of a midwifery clinic is that you really develop a relationship with your two midwives so that you are more comfortable during labour etc. Gah. Anyhoo - just me venting. I thought my OB was bad last time because I often had to wait an hour for my appointment. I can't tell what is worse.

April20

Ideal_Rock
MuffDog|1425072635|3839340 said:
monkeyprincess|1425056544|3839198 said:

MP - girl, you are allowed to complain here. It doesn't mean you are ungrateful for the chance to carry these babies and grow your family. I just wanted you to know that from where I stand, you look incredible. :)

April20 - I am for sure going to try that (scurries off to drug store)

AFM - I'm a little frustrated with my midwives (get ready - I'm going to sound super self-centred in a sec). While I really like my actual midwives (primary and secondary), 75% of my appointments have been cancelled at the last minute and rescheduled. Which I get and all, but 75%?! Seemed high. Anyway...my last appointment was supposed to be on Monday, and they called a few days in advance to reschedule to Thursday at 3. I checked Thurs in the morning and my midwife was on schedule. Showed up at 3 and they looked at me lkike I was crazy - apparently they were supposed to call and reschedule me to 1:30 (and they thought they actually did talk to me!). Anyways - they still snuck me in, only to find out that my secondary midwife is going on sick leave and all my other appointments will have to be rescheduled. I know she is probably going through something, but...well...the point of a midwifery clinic is that you really develop a relationship with your two midwives so that you are more comfortable during labour etc. Gah. Anyhoo - just me venting. I thought my OB was bad last time because I often had to wait an hour for my appointment. I can't tell what is worse.

Quick correction on the Magnesium dosage. Looked at my slip. He said 200mg twice a day. Oops.

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cute photos, ladies!!

Huff - Any developments on the house?

Muff - Sorry to hear about your scheduling snafus. I used to get really annoyed by extended office waiting time, but now I just bring some easy work with me, which helps me feel like I'm not wasting time. Or, I just read magazines, lol, which I quite enjoy since I never really have time to do that otherwise.

AFM,

I did the 3 hour glucose test last week and passed, so no issues. I am glad I did it because now I feel more relaxed.

29.5 weeks!

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
LV, great news on your glucose test, and I'm sure the temporary discomfort you felt was worth having peace of mind now.

Muff, that would be irritating! I guess those kind of delays and rescheduling go along with the territory, but it is hard not to be frustrated. I agree with LV, that I have started bringing in reading material or going through emails while waiting to try to ease my frustration.

So the first time I was pregnant, I didn't even feel the baby move until after 20 weeks, so I probably should know better than to to freak out, but yesterday and today, I feel like I haven't felt much of any movement at all. It's not like I have felt constant movement on other days, but just enough to reassure me. I know they are still small and have probably just shifted positions a bit or something, but I've been a bit rattled about it all day. I'm anxious to get home and take out my doppler just for some reassurance.

Ha, and posting was apparently all I need to do to get baby boy moving :) Hopefully, I'll feel something from the little girl soon too!

MuffDog

Shiny_Rock
monkeyprincess|1425326203|3840818 said:
LV, great news on your glucose test, and I'm sure the temporary discomfort you felt was worth having peace of mind now.

Muff, that would be irritating! I guess those kind of delays and rescheduling go along with the territory, but it is hard not to be frustrated. I agree with LV, that I have started bringing in reading material or going through emails while waiting to try to ease my frustration.

So the first time I was pregnant, I didn't even feel the baby move until after 20 weeks, so I probably should know better than to to freak out, but yesterday and today, I feel like I haven't felt much of any movement at all. It's not like I have felt constant movement on other days, but just enough to reassure me. I know they are still small and have probably just shifted positions a bit or something, but I've been a bit rattled about it all day. I'm anxious to get home and take out my doppler just for some reassurance.

Ha, and posting was apparently all I need to do to get baby boy moving :) Hopefully, I'll feel something from the little girl soon too!

How far along are you MP? I don't think you can have regular, noticeable movement expectations for a while so maybe try to relax. And have some cold juice :)

If you are a worry wart (I was the first time around) you should take your doppler with you to work!! That might stop you from freaking the F out and going to the emergency room just to see if the baby is okay (um...clearly something I did the first time around) haha.

It could also be that baby girl has an anterior placenta so harder to feel!

MuffDog

Shiny_Rock

How far along are you MP? I don't think you can have regular, noticeable movement expectations for a while so maybe try to relax. And have some cold juice :)

If you are a worry wart (I was the first time around) you should take your doppler with you to work!! That might stop you from freaking the F out and going to the emergency room just to see if the baby is okay (um...clearly something I did the first time around) haha.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MuffDog|1425403910|3841297 said:

I also wanted to say try not to worry. W was my second and I constantly compared him to M. m was a lot more active thought my pregnancy. With W, even toward the end he wasn't that active. When I was doing kick counts it would take him the whole time just to get to 10. Also he seemed to be on a 2 day cycle. One day he didn't do much of all, then the next he was more active. He was most active at night so I suspect he probably did most of his moving while I slept.

It just sucks when you're on your second pregnancy because its way too easy to compare it to your first even when they are totally different.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
I agree with Niel. B was moving all the time. I never did kick counts because there was no need. T rarely moved. I would have to do a lot of belly poking and moving around to let me know he was okay. Plus I had all that extra fluid, which makes movements harder to feel.

Huff26

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone- :wavey:

Work has been kicking my butt the past two weeks so I didn't post as much. Not good news on the house front- we went and saw the short sale two weeks ago and made them an offer but the current owner is being rather stubborn. We aren't much off the asking price- but we felt it was justified due to the fact that he had punched holes in sheet rock and that the floors need to be redone. Not too mention he has already taken his "expensive light fixtures" down because they were his personal property and we would need new appliances. For now the owner is holding out- and meanwhile our timeline has dwindled down so I think we will most likely be here.

Slowly putting together my nursery. I tried to follow everyone's advice on picking up a used glider but my area isn't big on baby stuff. I went to some church sales and consignment places like JGator suggested but none of them really had any furniture. :wall: So I will go back to my original plan of getting an ikea chair and just adding on the gliding mechanism.

How is everyone else doing?

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
Hey Huff, sorry to hear the house stuff might not be happening. Sounds like maybe this one just wasn't meant to be. Not to mention I would be worried that a person who punches holes in his walls and doesn't fix them might not have taken that great care of his house in general. The right thing will come along I'm sure. I didn't end up going with an expensive glider. We got a pretty basic one from Babies R Us that wasn't more than a couple hundred dollars. I personally didn't end up using it all that much, and for the past two years, it has essentially been a place to display the quilt that matched my son's crib bedding (also another unneccesary purchase!) and a few of his matching stuffed animals. In other words, I wouldn't sweat it, and I bet the Ikea one will do just fine.

Thanks Muff, Niel and amc, for weighing in on the movement thing. The babies have been a bit more active in the past 24 hours, so that was reassuring. The doppler doesn't reassure me as much anymore because now that they are bigger, it's hard to tell if I'm getting the same one twice or getting both of them, and their heart rates are always within a few beats of each other at every appointment. I think I'm just panicking a bit that something is going to go wrong before they're viable now that I'm getting closer to that point. I have my anatomy scan on Friday, and I'm really anxious to know that both of them are still looking good. My belly really popped even more in the past few days. It's kind of insane.

Hope things are going well with everyone else!

April20

Ideal_Rock
Huff, sorry to hear the owner is being uncooperative on the short sale. Look at it this way, if he stalls long enough it will go into foreclosure and you might get a better deal once it's available. I hope things work out the best way they can!

Has anyone taken the Bradley method class or planning to? I really want to go as med free as possible so I started looking into classes. There are three instructors in the city (plenty in the 'burbs) and only one has a start date that will work for us since it's a 12 week class. I emailed the instructor today and they have one spot left. It's $325 but I think it's going to be worth it- especially because I think my DH is a little clueless about the reality of labor/delivery. He's very supportive of what I want to do, but I think the dude needs tools and training! At any rate, I would love some first hand feedback if anyone has taken it!

Happy Thursday everyone!

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
One of my girlfriends did Bradley with her husband and she said it was well worth it. She still needed some medication and had a long hard labor but she was able to avoid c section and she said most importantly it trained her husband to be her advocate for when she was out of it.

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
I took a class that was heavily influenced by Bradley, but was a little more flexible. I found it extremely helpful.

Just remember that no matter how much you plan, things may not go quite as expected and your birth experience is no less meaningful/important/healthy, etc. if you have assistance or medication (whether b/c you elect to do so, or b/c it is medically necessary, or both). Several friends who took straight Bradley classes had a very hard time coming to terms with their birth when it did not go as they expected.

I would wholeheartedly recommend the class, but also to keep an open mind for your own sanity:)

April20

Ideal_Rock
Bella_mezzo|1425657343|3842820 said:
I took a class that was heavily influenced by Bradley, but was a little more flexible. I found it extremely helpful.

Just remember that no matter how much you plan, things may not go quite as expected and your birth experience is no less meaningful/important/healthy, etc. if you have assistance or medication (whether b/c you elect to do so, or b/c it is medically necessary, or both). Several friends who took straight Bradley classes had a very hard time coming to terms with their birth when it did not go as they expected.

I would wholeheartedly recommend the class, but also to keep an open mind for your own sanity:)

Thanks for the feedback Bella.

I'm actually very "I will see what happens". I'm not stuck on any one particular scenario, but if I'm going to attempt to go med free, I want some tools to actually achieve this. My mom had three of the four of us at home with a midwife (I was the only hospital birth). My last brother was born when I was almost 19 and I was able to catch him when he was born. At the time, when the midwives asked if this was something I'd want to do some day, I said "no way! give me the drugs!", but 19 years later, I feel very different. I told my husband that I want to try to go med free, but hey, if I end up needing them, I will not feel guilty about it at all!

MuffDog

Shiny_Rock
So my midwife appointment was cancelled again today. UGH. I've put in a request for a new back-up midwife as she is the one who is sick and is often not there. I just feel like I need to build a relationship with someone in advance of labour and that if she is (most likely) not going to be available for the birth, then I may as well start with someone else.

I'm trying to be sympathetic, but it is getting hard. The receptionist actually referred to me as the 'canary in the coal mine' when it comes to appointments - when she sees me on the daily list, she knows that everything will be cancelled. Very funny. UGH.

32 weeks today. Feeling pretty achy and with the stomach flu going around, I'm overanalyzing every feeling in my stomach.

Still working on the name thing. Down to Willa or Serafina, with a guilty pleasure name on the side (Leia) though that may be too matchy matchy with Luca.

How are you guys doing?

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
Muff, that would be so frustrating with the appointments! Good idea to get another backup. Your name choices are all beautiful. I don't think you can go wrong. I've given DH my top choice for boy and girl, and he just says, I'll have to think about it. I'm stuck on those twos names, although I'm not attached to them, and I feel like they both might be getting more popular than I'd like. I just can't think of anything else that I like better at this point. Naming people is hard!

April, I only took a generic childbirth class with my first pregnancy, and DH and I were uncomfortable doing the breathing and relaxation technique stuff without giggling and disrupting others, so we left early. So, I'm the last person to have any advice on classes. But I think you're smart to take a class if you're hoping to go natural, and I hope you find it helpful. It sounds like you have the right mindset about approaching labor with an open mind, and hopefully, you will get the kind of birth you envision.

Huff, LV and Tbaus, hope you are all hanging in there and doing well!

AFM, we had our anatomy scan on Friday, and the doctor said everything is looking as good as can be expected at this point. Babies are both measuring more or less a week ahead, and they each weighed about 14 ounces. As usual, baby girl was much more active and a little bit crazy with her kicking during the ultrasound. She might be a troublemaker! I had my first bout of bad acid reflux last night, so I need to figure out what I should take other than Tums. Is Zantac still the one recommended? I better put a call in with the doctor.

April20

Ideal_Rock
Aw Muff, I'm sorry your appointment got cancelled. Again. I would be very frustrated too. I would be looking for a new midwife as well. I love your name choices! They are both good, you can't go wrong.

MP: Awesome your anatomy scan went well. It's so funny to me that you can see personalities already emerging in the womb. :) I hope you get some traction on choosing names!

AFM: We went to Babies R Us yesterday. Neither of us had ever been in and I figured we needed to see some of this stuff in person. It wasn't as overwhelming as I feared, so that was good.

My anatomy scan is the 25th. I am not feeling this kid that often, so I really want to know everything's good in there! I want to be team green, but I'm still trying to convince DH. I think his reasons for finding out don't hold water. He says he wants people to know so if they want to buy us something they know girl or boy. I told him that's ridiculous and that if they know, they'll buy clothes and cutesy stuff rather than practical and I'd rather have practical!

We started some serious name discussions Friday evening. I think me might actually be set on a boy's name, though the order of the names is still under discussion. They're both significant family names and I've got him to agree to calling the baby one of the names whether it's first or middle name. I suppose I don't really care which order, but DH goes by his middle name (he's a "jr") and he always has to remember to fill out legal forms, airline tics, etc with his legal name. It can be a PITA. I threw out a couple girl names that I like but knew he's veto so that when I threw out the one I really love, he wouldn't be primed to veto. It seemed to work, but he didn't fully commit. I consider it a win for now.

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
30.5 weeks here. No complaints. People have been saying I just now look pregnant. This kid moves around a LOT. Like a lot of re-positioning, as opposed to just a kick or jab here or there.

Discovered that Target has partnered with Orla Kiely for some baby stuff - blankets, A&A muslin blankets (44X44 size though :(sad ) and bibs! Love them all!!

Looking into getting a new stroller. Lots of new options out there!

Anxious to start on the nursery, but it's still a storage room for my daughter's stuff!

MP - That's so funny that you had to opt out of class due to giggling! I do need to take a half day refresher course. I do not know how things are supposed to work because I was induced, so want a refresher on when to go into hospital, some coping skills, etc.

Muff - That is so annoying. When do you start moving to apptmts every two weeks? Imagine all of the cancellations you'll have then!!

April - I am a need-to-know and want-to-know right now type person! I couldn't imagine waiting. It's amazing how different we all are!!

Huff - Did you ever talk to your DR about your birthing concerns?

MuffDog

Shiny_Rock
LV - I'm on the two week schedule now. So yeah - I'm annoyed every two weeks. :) What strollers are you looking at?

April20 - I'm always impressed by the team green people. If your DH is concerned about the colour of the gifts, what about telling ppl no gifts until after the baby is born? Also - unless you have a massive clothing shower, most of the gifts would be 'stuff' that neutral works for right? Stay strong - my sister was team green and seeing her husband run down the hall shouting "IT'S A GIRL!!!" was awesome - I can only imagine how exciting it was for them!!

MP - I can't believe you are already at anatomy scan time!! Jeez - my pregnancy is dragging on and yours is SUPER FAST. Funny how that works!! I down a lot of tums every day. I like how they tasted and how immediate they are.

We spent the weekend starting to put together Luca's big boy room. The bed is assembled with sheets/etc and he seems to think it is cool. Just need to figure out the rest of the furniture layout and get rid of the junk that is in there (all my junk of course). I'd like it finished by the end of the month so he has about a month to transition in.

Any tips from moms who have done the transition to a big boy bed?

Huff26

Rough_Rock
Hello everyone! Hope you are all doing well-

LV: We are talking to her this Friday hopefully- pretty late in the game considering Sunday I am going to be 33 weeks, but better late than never right? I am swelling up like a little balloon and I feel ready to pop! I feel you on the anxiousness to start the nursery!

April20: I think I am just really stuck on this house. I hate to say it but we are still waiting around on it. I just feel so head over heels for this house- we have been looking for a long time and it had just this feeling to it. It has a little walking path behind it to a little baseball field and my heart is just SO attached.

MP: Thank you for the encouraging words about the glider :)

AFM I had a small freak out Friday. I realized that now that if I went into labor early or if they were to take him early, I may only have a few weeks left and we still had a bunch of stuff to get. Everything we like is always on back order but I refuse to shop any where but BRU because they will match Buy Buy Babies coupons for 20% off even on their clearance items. Plus they will match the $5 off $15 I get as well so I have been using them and my rewards card to save as much as possible. The down side to this is of course we have to wait until everything comes in! But yesterday we got our carseat/stroller system and mattress, so at least we have some of the higher ticket items.

**Side note- if anyone is considering getting an organic mattress-Simmons Serenity Nights-is on clearance on BRU's website- plus you can use a 20% coupon if you go to the store and order it in person. But they have limited stock :) Just thought I would put that out there because it made it very affordable for us to go with that option as it was about the same price as a regular one.

Now I am just trying to put the guest room/nursery/catch all room together into a suitable space for our little guy to come home too. Most of the big things are ordered so now it's just preparing all of the smaller things.

I still haven't tackled bottles yet- anyone here have a good suggestion? :errrr:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results