shape
carat
color
clarity

How'd I do?

jbhkhc

Rough_Rock
As this is my first post, I'd just like to say thank you to everyone on here for the education, you guys are awesome. If it wasn't for this site, I'd of wasted a lot of money on ridiculously marked up diamonds in HK.

As it happens, I read, I learnt, and sourced my own diamond. I then tried my best to design my own ring in order to propose to my gf. I just got it back today, not exactly what I talked about with the designer...but I'd still like some opinions to calm my nerves a little!

collage-1425304613961_4.jpg

Sorry for the bad quality pics

gemandjewelrylover

Shiny_Rock
Well, it looks like a classic solitaire, but it looks lovely from the pictures. How does it differ from what you asked for?

But good for you on learning and sourcing your own diamond and designing the ring on your own! :appl:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it looks beautiful! :love: Looks like you chose a really nice diamond!

yasssss

Shiny_Rock
so beautiful and classic! great job! i'm sure she'll love it!! :appl:

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
It's very beautiful! A classic design that lets the diamond take centre stage. Great job!

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
Classic and elegant!

jbhkhc

Rough_Rock
gemandjewelrylover|1425357856|3841064 said:
Well, it looks like a classic solitaire, but it looks lovely from the pictures. How does it differ from what you asked for?

But good for you on learning and sourcing your own diamond and designing the ring on your own! :appl:

I'd asked for the taper to be rounded and smooth, but it ended up pinching into a very sharp and thin knife edge, which is what accounts for the quite high shoulders. While it does make the diamond look significantly bigger...I'm not sure if I love or hate the knife edge

imag12871.jpg

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I actually like the way the band turned out :shhh: !

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think its lovely! If its not 100% what you want, can you get them to adjust it?

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the taper a lot, it's a good look!

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the taper. What an elegant ring, congratulations!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results