shape
carat
color
clarity

Please show me your Halo-setting diamond rings

ZoeChang89

Rough_Rock
Plan to buy a halo-setting diamond ring in the near future.

However, not sure how big the center stone should be, since the halo-setting will make the ring looks bigger.

I would like to buy round diamond with cushion halo setting. My ring size is 4.5.

Please give me some suggestion. Thank you!

My ideal one is like this:
http://www.brilliantearth.com/Sonora-Halo-Diamond-Ring-(1/4-ct.-tw..)-Platinum-BE1D32H-655390/?did=951876

gemandjewelrylover

Shiny_Rock
Sorry, I don't have any Halo diamond rings, but the link is broken. There's no ring photo there. And I'm bumping your thread for you. :)

newbie1234

Rough_Rock
Hi Zoe,

I can help... My center stone is small (by PS standard), 0.73 carat, size 4.5, round brilliant in a cushion shaped halo.

img_7272.jpg

eirwen

Rough_Rock
newbie1234|1425374997|3841132 said:
Hi Zoe,

I can help... My center stone is small (by PS standard), 0.73 carat, size 4.5, round brilliant in a cushion shaped halo.

newbie1234 - your ring is stunning. The melees are well balanced - do you know what size are these? 1/2 pointers?

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My EC is 1.19ct, and the melees are 1.5mm, in an air-line halo, size 10.5 US:

ecreset_d.jpg

DK :))

ZoeChang89

Rough_Rock
Thank you very much. The information is really useful. I really appreciated it. :clap:

newbie1234

Rough_Rock
eirwen|1425376090|3841137 said:
newbie1234|1425374997|3841132 said:
Hi Zoe,

newbie1234 - your ring is stunning. The melees are well balanced - do you know what size are these? 1/2 pointers?

Hi Eirwen,

Thank you for the compliment. The melees are 0.12 ctw not sure what the pointers are. They're from James Allen :)

facetgirl

Brilliant_Rock
dk168|1425386158|3841167 said:
My EC is 1.19ct, and the melees are 1.5mm, in an air-line halo, size 10.5 US:

ecreset_d.jpg

DK :))

Apologies for the threadjack, but every time I see this ring I just swoon.

Candygrl

Brilliant_Rock
Here is my Vatche Grace with my Tiffany Legacy band. Center stone is 1.80 RB I color. For reference my finger is a size 6.

_27619.jpg

_27620.jpg

_27621.jpg

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Like you, I love a round diamond set in a cushion halo... Here is mine.

2.43 J/SI1, size 5.25, setting is custom Christopher Designs

eringprofile_2.jpg _4257.jpg img_20130630_144051.jpg

irisheyes9

Rough_Rock
msop LOVE LOVE LOVE your ring!! Do you know what size the melee are?

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
irisheyes9|1425574180|3842273 said:
msop LOVE LOVE LOVE your ring!! Do you know what size the melee are?

Thanks, irisheyes... I'm not certain, but I think they are 0.75-1 pointers. Those on the corners are just a hair larger. :))

Angpsyd1

Rough_Rock
Mine is 1.5 CT rb center, size 5 finger... msops is one of my all-time favorites too!!!

2015-03-05_14.jpg

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
My ring size is also 4.5, and my hands are small. The center is 2.44 and the setting is Michael B.

img_6544.jpg
IMG_0370.jpg

bunfuns

Rough_Rock
Hi ZoeChang89,

I'm planning of shopping for a halo ring too and have the same question as you, what size center stone should i get. i think it also has to do with the size of the halo. I'm looking at Tacori's 2620 or full bloom. I think if i go with 2620, i will need at least around 1.5, verse full bloom i could get away with maybe 1.25?? I will be going to a jeweler this saturday. can't wait!!

i'm pretty new to this. What do you think about getting center stone from WF? Are their price good? Do they have good quality stuff??

Bunfuns

Angpsyd1

Rough_Rock
Bunfuns, I love that Tacori setting! I think the size of the center stone depends so much on where you live and your personal style & lifestyle. Either a 1.5 or a 1.25 would be beautiful in that setting. I personally like smaller halos around a round stone. One thing to think about with the Tacori settings or the brilliant earth one that this thread references is that the stone often sits above the halo, so the side profiles look quite different than a Harry Winston or Leon Mege halo. Mine is similar to the one that is linked in this thread. I love it from the top, but I think some profiles look more fluid with less "airspace"- just my opinion when thinking about a bloom halo....

also, whiteflash does have great prices, most online vendors do. I actually bought a diamond from blue Nile as well; criticism there is that you can't see them, but you can exchange/return them, which I did. I ended up with a great certified diamond at a great price.

Best of luck on your search- have fun! Enjoy the process- it is such a fun, fortunate thing to do :D

SparklySoprano

Brilliant_Rock
The first pic below: I didn't end up buying this setting, but it's very beautiful. It's the Tacori full bloom cushion halo. Here is a pic of me trying on the store sample. I believe the center is 6.5mm, so 1 carat.

The other pic is the one that I ended up getting. It's a James Allen setting: the twisted pave halo. I like that it does have a floral-like vibe and also isn't perfectly round. OP, you mentioned you are leaning towards a non-round halo, as well. You may wish to consider this one, or something like it. This picture is actually my ring and I have a 6.5mm round, 1.03 carats. The size for me is perfect with the halo. It provides plenty of finger coverage. I feel the type of halo design it has allows the center stone to still have it's spotlight. For reference, I'm a size 4.75, but my e-ring is actually sized as a tight 5 (in between 4.75 and 5) because I wanted it a little bit bigger. This is for seasonal finger changes, having the option of wearing it separately on my right hand, as well as giving me more room for stacking rings in between the wedding band and e-ring.

Try rings on as much as you can and go back to the ones you like more than once. And have fun!!! (But, I probably didn't need to say that!) :wavy:

P.S. msop04 has one of the most gorgeous rings on here, as others have already stated!!! :love:

img_7312.jpg

img_7313.jpg

bunfuns

Rough_Rock
Hi Angpsyd1,

I think (at least by the looks of it in online pictures) that the Tacori 2620 with a smaller halo should look pretty elegant. What I was worry about the halo is that it could get too distracted and the center stone doesn't pop. I think a lot of the better looking ones are bigger center stone with a small halo. Hummm... thinking thinking thinking... I guess I really have to try it out at the jeweler to see what you mean with the side profile though. (I'm quite green at this, still a lot of learn from all you girls!!) Maybe after I try the ring in person, I would not like it as much as the pictures or it might not look good on my fingers. Or maybe I'll like something completely different?? I do like that crown setting from Tacori though.

So I should definitely try to look for a loose diamond at Whiteflash or Blue Nile as well then. Thanks for the tips!! Let me read up on their exchange or refund policy.

Thanks again for your opinion. I can't wait to try it on this Saturday!!!!

Bunfuns

bunfuns

Rough_Rock
Hi SparklySoprano,

Thanks for posting the full bloom with 1 carat and your james allen, they both look great!! They look like the perfect size on your hand!! It's stunning!! And you pointed out one of the reason why I like the Tacori 2620 more than the full bloom, it's has a little too much of a floral flowery vibe. Not sure how I still like it 20 yrs later.

Bunfuns

SparklySoprano

Brilliant_Rock
Thx, Bunfuns! There is an older Tacori I really liked, too. I'll post in case you are interested. I believe you can still get it. This jeweler shows it for sale already mounted with 1.05 carat center. There would be a gap between bands with it though, just FYI. I thnk its style number is ht2299.

_27687.jpg

bunfuns

Rough_Rock
Thanks SparklySoprano,

Thanks for the suggestion!! I'll be going to the jeweler tomorrow, if they have it, I'll definitely try it on. I have a Piaget wedding band, so I'm wearing that so I could try them on together to see how it looks. I'm going to a blue diamond partner of Tacori to shop, so it should be fun!!

Bunfuns

SparklySoprano

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! Have fun! If they let you, take pics of your faves and post them. :sun:

ewozobski

Rough_Rock
Here is my 1.72 ct cushion cut in a halo. Enjoy!

emily_jaime_ac_0219.jpg
emily_jaime_ac_0432.jpg
image_753.jpg

SparklySoprano

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous, ezwozobski! It looks fabulous on you. I love the taper from double to open shank, too. :love:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Every one of these rings is so gorgeous! :love:

Mine is a 1.96 (8 mm) EGL J SI2 OEC - Simon G setting, size 4.25

img_7323.jpg

SparklySoprano

Brilliant_Rock
Junebug, your ring is spectacular! I am so glad you posted it here. I've only seen it in your avatar. I love your stone and setting!!! :love:

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
Here's my 1.35ct G SI2 in a Victor Canera Emilya with cathedral shank in a 3.75 ring size.

_27711.jpg

_27712.jpg

bunfuns

Rough_Rock
Here goes ladies! This is from my trip to the jeweler yesterday. RB doesn't look that great on my short fingers so I'm thinking oval now. So I tried a few ovals out. I am trying to find something that will go with my Piaget Possession wedding band. Please excuse my sloppy manicure, too busy researching on diamonds to pay attention to my nails. :oops:

Initially I tried a Dantela Oval 1.5ct, see first 2 photos. When pairing it with my wedding band, it looks a little too dainty even though it's a 1.5ct already.

So I decided to go bold and try something beefier. The last 2 photos is a Tacori 2550 Oval with a 2ct. Initially I thought it looked really tall on my fingers. But after wearing it for a few mins, I'm liking it. It is part of their Class Cresent Collection, and I was told this style came out in Sept 2014. (that's probably why I didn't see much discussion or photos on it online anywhere) I am planning to see if they could customize it to use the Dantela crown instead of this, so let's see.

What do you ladies think of both of these? Does the 2ct looks ridiculous on my hand?? I went in thinking I wanted a RB (and it's the cut that's most highly regard) but oval's not bad right?? Not to mentioned the price of a 2ct oval vs RB, I might actually be able to afford it. :love:

But now I need to do research on an oval diamond which I know nothing about. The salesperson said all the oval has a little bit of "bow-tie", is that true? He also suggest that I only need to go up to SI1, since the side profile of the diamond is sitting in the crown. Does that make sense? So look for SI1 that has a clean view from the top, never mind the side? What exactly is "eye clean"? Also, oval diamond doesn't have "Cut Grade" like "Excellent"? Why is that? :confused:

Also, I'm planning to take the plunge and get the setting in May. When should I actually start looking for a diamond? :think: :think:

Any opinion and whatever you could shed light on would be greatly appreciated. :angel:

Bunfuns

20150307_163902.jpg

dsc03796.jpg

20150307_163840.jpg

20150307_163733.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results