shape
carat
color
clarity

Help narrowing down ideal cut options

Highhopes

Rough_Rock
Hello! I've read a lot of articles and tried using suggested TCI & HCA specs to do initial searches, but I don't know how to narrow down my search results because they all seem to be excellent choices at the 4C level, but I'm not confident narrowing it down looking at inclusion diagrams or light performance imagery. At the end of the day I don't know how little changes in HCA factors translate to the untrained eye.

Diamond budget is $15K ...can go to $18K if a diamond presents an exceptional value. Would love any diamond suggestions that should satisfy what my girlfriend has mentioned:
1. Round cut solitaire, 6 prong platinum setting, ring size ~3.5
2. Cut: Most important aspect, hoping for H&A
3. Color: F or G
4. Carat: 1.3-1.7 (emphasize cut & color first, but of course would love 1.5+ if budget permits)
5. Clarity: eye clean is a must, was thinking VS1 or VS2 but have gotten a lot of SI1 suggestions
6. Faint to no fluorescence

I'm buying this as a surprise so she won't get to chime in on images. In general I can't specify if I prefer to emphasize fire, brilliance, or scintillation...so I guess my main goal is just for her to be amazed at the appearance of the diamond, from the most traditional and "sparkling" point of view, in any lighting.

Thanks for all the help!

Highhopes

Rough_Rock
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results