clarity

Sourcing a Sapphire solitaire engagement ring

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
digdeep|1423525438|3829991 said:
SapphireHunter|1423498636|3829790 said:
digdeep|1423497157|3829779 said:
Where are you located in case someone has knowledge of a good bench to do the final work? Only other question is if you want a wedding band to fit with the solitaire?

Thanks. I'm in the DC metro area, technically northern Virginia. If anybody has a recommendation I'm all ears. I do think I want to get a wedding band to fit with the solitaire (is there any reason why I wouldn't?).

SparkliesLuver|1423497675|3829780 said:
Congrats on choosing #2! :appl: Such a beautiful stone. :love: Did you take your own pictures, by chance? :naughty: Had to ask.

Cannot wait to see the finished ring! :D

Hah, no I didn't take any pictures of it, but I will take some after it's set if you'd like.

Getting the wedding band at the same time as the engagement ring would allow for them to 'fit' and match. The reason I mentioned this is that the curvature of the ring you showed is not going to line up with a straight band due to the curves near the stone........for some folks that's bothersome. Then again, some women who are active wear the band all the time and add the engagement ring when not doing stuff that could be dangerous ---- so it all comes down to preference. These are all things you can discuss when you meet with a jeweler and they may have a suggestion or two that matches your preferences with the stone................very exciting stuff! I hope you are ready for part D'eux on this journey.......you're doing good!! And yes, I'm hoping to see photo's in the future. I think this is going to be a very special ring!

You don't have to buy them at the same time. But I would at least look at them with the band, make sure you like them together. Not like a strait band won't be there down the road of you find that a strait band works best.

Also, I can't see why the style you're looking at would have any issues with a strait band sitting just fine with it.

SapphireHunter

Rough_Rock
Dropped the gem off at Hunt Country Jewelers yesterday and they said it would be about 2-2.5 weeks, so I should have it in plenty of time to propose on March 21st. In the end I decided to go with an 18k white gold half round ring (no taper or cathedral) with a 4 v-prong setting. Will put some pictures up when I get it back from them. Thanks for the feedback and help everybody.

digdeep

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
And the countdown begins................... :dance:

SapphireHunter

Rough_Rock
Got the ring back from Hunt Country Jewelers today. Looks good to me. (note: that's my little finger, not on hers yet). Thanks so much to everybody for your help!

finger_topdown.jpg

finger_3-4.jpg

angle_view.jpg

side_44.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous! :appl:

deskjockey

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful! Clean and simple, very nice!

S

SparkliesLuver

Very pretty! :) Nicely done. Can't wait to see it on her finger. :appl:

LoversKites

Brilliant_Rock
Great high crown... I love it. Please return with hand shots once you give it to her. Good luck.

SapphireHunter

Rough_Rock
deskjockey|1424707126|3836928 said:
Beautiful! Clean and simple, very nice!

An extra thank you to you Deskjockey, since you were the one that pointed me in the direction the gem I eventually went with.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think that's a beautiful stone! I love stones with those big cushiony tops, and they throw a lot of colored light around too.

Good luck with the proposal and everything!

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Your sapphire is so beautiful!! And I love the setting - very classic. :love:

SapphireHunter

Rough_Rock
I proposed Saturday night and she said yes! She is still getting used to the idea of wearing a ring on her left ring finger and we are definitely going to need to resize it at some point (size 6 is too big), but overall she said she really likes it. Thanks for everybody's help here! Super helpful community. Pic on her finger below.

sun_finger_pic_0.jpg

digdeep

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
CONGRATULATIONS!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: It's beautiful on her hand!

deskjockey

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations!

LoversKites

Brilliant_Rock
Yay, it looks great, I'm happy for you :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results