shape
carat
color
clarity

What do you think of this Tahitian strand?

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
(Apologies to PGers for double posting.) Hello,
I have been looking for a while for a strand of baroque Tahitians that would appeal to me, and when I saw in the PP blog that they had new strands I contacted them to figure out if they had what I like. I am looking for something very colourful, with green body colour and ideally predominant cherry overtones, drop shaped and clean, preferably AAA.
Here are some photos (photographed under different light conditions in the first three photos) of the strand that I am considering purchasing; apparently it has extraordinary luster but some imperfections scattered throughout the strand (it is classified as AA+/AAA). Ideally I would have preferred cleaner surface, AAA throughout, but I love the colours and shapes of this strand. This would be my first strand of Tahitians, so I would appreciate your opinions.

img_7252.jpg

img_0968.jpg

img_0973.jpg

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
Here's a few more photos with the runner up -- the one I posted above is at the top, while a similar strand with less imperfections (also AA+/AAA) is at the bottom. The luster and coloration seems to be more intense in the top strand.

img_0986.jpg

img_0991.jpg

img_0993.jpg

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very nice, and it would be my choice between the two you have selected.

Thanks for sharing!

DK :love:

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it's beautiful. One of my strands has blemishing similar to that one pearl right of center, and it's easily pointed towards the back (so you don't see it when it's on).

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
Great choice! I think you'll love it when you get it into your hands - very colorful!

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
My first choice would be "extraordinary luster" and not worry to much about "imperfections scattered throughout the strand' I would also choose the top strand and if at all possible get the second strand so I could wear a double strand. :mrgreen: You have chosen well for a first of many Tahitian strands. Congratulations well done!

CRDKeshi

Shiny_Rock
Tics, both strands are lovely, and look fantastic together. I'd choose the top strand, and add the bottom strand if possible :)

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Both strands are great but the first one does seem to have sharper luster. What's the mm size of the pearls?

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks everyone! I really appreciate your input. I will go for the top strand. Unfortunately I can't get both right now -- sigh...

Baby monster -- they are both 8.4-10.9 mm.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone :wavey: did they show you the off round/oval strands that are multicoloured? I think they are marginally less blemished than the drop/oval strands. They sent me pics of one with a green body with a mix of green and cherry overtones but with less rainbow overtones than the drop/ovals. Otherwise stick to the one you like the best in the pics. I love the ones with what I call rainbow overtones personally.

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
Hello Arkieb1 -- thank you! They did show me a couple of the off round/ovals, and they are beautiful, but their colours seemed less intense to me in certain light conditions. Or maybe I just love these colours!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree the ovals I saw were mostly dark green with single over tones, of blue, green, and cherry - still very beautiful pearls. The three or four ovals with lighter colours sold immediately I think..... I only made the comment because they had less blemishes than the mixed strands. I also fell in love with the rainbow (multi coloured overtones) mixed drop/oval strands. Ironically I was looking for something totally different at the time..... I wanted a strand of the baroques with the greatest variation of mixed colours they could find they showed me one like your top strand and it is on its way to me too. :D They have not arrived yet, so I can't wait to see them.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
I voted elsewhere already, but hope you post more photos later on!

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
Lovinggems|1425282533|3840606 said:
I voted elsewhere already, but hope you post more photos later on!

I will, thank you Lovinggems!

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
My vote goes to the top strand. With those luster and color, you won't notice the blemishes. Very well done for your first strand! cannot wait to see more pics

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
It's here! love it, it's very colourful and has great luster. Size wise it's a little on the small size, but I like it, perhaps it fits my casual style better. I can't see the imperfections unless I am inspecting the strand quite closely. I am adding a few photos here but will also add a glamour photo and real life photo in the thread "vendor photo vs. IRL photo comparison".

2015-03-11_13.jpg

2015-03-11_0.jpg

2015-03-11_1.jpg

2015-03-11_14.jpg

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How fab! Looks great on you, Tucs :appl:

CRDKeshi

Shiny_Rock
Like it here just as much as "over there" :)))))) Congratulations :appl: :appl: :appl:

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks baby monster! And thanks again, CRDkeshi :)

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
Tucs, LOVE! :love: :love: :love:

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Frost Me!

Pirard

Brilliant_Rock
Wonderful photos and a gorgeous strand!

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Tucs, it looks gorgeous on you! Love the luster and the colors. What size are the pearls?

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Pirard and Kay! Kay, the pearls are 8.4-10.9mm.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
That's lovely, Tucs!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results