carat
color
clarity

Healthy Living Thread

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday kids!

Curby, I hadn't see that particular kitchen--thank you for posting the link! There is a complex here called Marin Towers that is pretty famous. It's two separate buildings side by side on the river that look a bit like corn cobs. The units are kind of triangular (corn cobs are round, LOL!) and some of them haven't been touched since the building was built. I have shown a few where I have literally stopped at the door of the kitchen or bathroom (or both) and wondered if I suddenly entered a time warp. Aqua toilets, yello ovens, the whole banana. I will have to go through the listings for the building and see if there are any pics I can post.

Rod, your day sounds marvelous! And warm!!! It was ZERO when I woke up this morning and the wind chill is well into the minus 20s. Every year around this time I ask myself why why WHY I live here... One of my neighbors is also in financial compliance and he has an interview with the SEC in Miami on Friday of this week. Maybe ther's an extra opening... !

Deegee, love the caroon! Big grey pile of suck is about right... All the snow we got a few weeks ago has become truly disgusing and filthy, and has frozen into solid masses of ice in many places. Parallel parking is a whole new ball game when there is an ice shelf up to a foot high outside of the parking spot area, so you have to get enough motion going to get over the ridge to get into the spot, but not so much that you slam into the car behind you or the curb or the tree or the garbage can or whatever is closest. Super.

This weekend flew by! I went to an oriental furniture place this weekend in the 'burbs, but they didn't have anything I liked better than the big carved teak panel I'm already thinking about, and yesterday I had to go and buy a new suit for our company website photo shoot this morning becuase all the ones in my closet are, shall we say, a little *snug*. Ug.

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Dee*Jay-I know what you mean about the parking! I was going to cheat and park in visitor parking this morning so I wouldn't have to walk down the street on a sheet of ice. Visitor parking was piled high with snow and I really didn't feel like trying to navigate a snow bank. I found a spot near the building that really wasn't big enough, but I took it anyway. I really had to suck it in to get out of my car!

One of my meetings today was cancelled. The dude who commutes from Boston each week was in a rollover accident in a cab on the interstate on the way to the airport this morning. He messaged me that he was okay but heading to the hospital. I felt really bad for wishing his flight would be delayed so we wouldn't have our meeting just seconds before I got his message! A FedEx truck slid off the hill into our yard today when Matt was home at lunch. That guy was lucky because another foot into the yard and he would have rolled it due to the incline. He had to be towed out and my yard has some very deep tire tracks in it. I'm glad he was able to get stopped and wasn't hurt. I love my fedex guy. He wraps my packages in plastic on rainy days. I overdid it with food today-ate the wrong things and am paying for it now. I'm heading to bed. Have a great Tuesday!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday! Or One More Week for Rod.

Rod, no need to apologize for having lovely weather in Tampa. I am glad you are enjoying the lovely weather there. Your walk must have been so relaxing and yum to a Bloody Mary with your soon to be former place of employment in view. Did you fake it well at work today looking busy?

Deegee, I love your cartoon. I thought that kitchen was amazing. My parent’s house was bought in 1959 so their original kitchen was pretty close to that as well. Marty’s grandmother had one of those push button stoves. Pink countertops sound pretty cool to me. That is cool Matt likes to go practice his Spanish with people at a Mexican restaurant. I am sure they enjoy helping him learn the language as well. I hope you break even with your taxes; we’ve had a decent refund ever since I quit teaching and I need to adjust our withholdings to get that fixed. I don’t like the government having my money. Breaking even or paying a little bit is ideal. When I was teaching we always had to pay. You guys are really getting smacked with snow. I am glad you found a place to park close to your building. Poor FedEx guy. I am glad he wasn’t hurt. I hope your reflux didn’t keep you awake.

Dee Jay, the Marin Towers sound great. I hope there are some listings there; I’d like to see some pictures of some of those rooms. You are colder than we are. Marty has asked me that multiple times a day “why do we still live here?” Maybe we should all move to Tampa so we can enjoy walks along the ocean and have Bloody Marys with Rod and Charlie. The glaciers you have there sound absolutely awful to deal with both on foot and with your vehicle. Did your lace tablecloth show up yet? I hope your company group photo wasn’t outside.

I had a busy day. I gave 4 of my 5 appraisals and the one I was dreading went strangely well. He just said okay and he said he is working hard at his people skills already. I told Marty tonight he’s probably going to want to talk to me in a day or two with a long list of things he wants to argue with me about.

We went out for supper today and then went shopping. I got a new Kitchenaid stand mixer. We bought the aqua one. I got an extra bowl and the spatula beater they have for it which is what led to me buying a new mixer in the first place. I am going to give my old mixer to a lady at work. While wandering around Bed, Bath and Beyond I started looking at china and now I want new plates. We have some stoneware that's about 10-12 years old, the bottoms are getting chipped. They are really deep plates so they take up a lot of room in the cupboards and dishwasher. I liked a Lenox pattern called Larabee Road by Kate Spade. It's white with platinum colored polka dots.

Take care!
Marcy / Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday kids!

Deegee, that's crazy -- both about the guy in the roll-over and the Fed Ex truck! I'm glad no one was hurt, but I get it put a significant twist in how both of them thought their day was going to go!

Curby, my tablecloth showed up and it's beautiful... but no entirely flat, which makes it impossible to get it to hang nicely on the way. The CB and I have been trying, but it's a losing game...

Rod, hope you're having another fabulous day as you wind down!

Last night the CB made chicken tikka masala for dinner and then we sat around on the couch and read for a while before we went to bed. I am trying to move on from the idea of the 8' x 8' panel above the bed (there is one in a local store that's a bit more than the one that would ship directly from Thailand, but at least I know what I'm getting and it's HERE) and I stumbled on a rug that I really liked, but it's not available until April. They might have a sample in a local store by me, but if not I may order one in the smallest size and see if I like it enough to commit to an 8' x 11' version. It would almost be like "wallpaper" in that size becuase it would take up most of the wall, so that's an option I'm considering. What on earth will I do though when I get the bedroom sorted out? That's the last area left to decorate!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I managed to come down with a flu bug that is intestinal. I went to work yesterday and it hit me like a ton of bricks. I had a high fever, aches, sore muscles and liquid coming from both ends (sorry if that's too graphic). I slept for 12 continuous hours and couldn't eat anything. I'm feeling quasi human today, but man this dumped me on my butt hard..........

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Marcy-I noticed the Aqua kitchen aid mixer this weekend while we were shopping. Pretty color! I only own a pitiful little hand mixer that never ges used. I. Glad your evaluations went pretty well. I hope the one doesn't stew on it for a few days and come back to you. It's funny at the restaurant when Matt tries speaking English to them, they pretend they don't understand and make him speak Spanish. I hate it when they laugh and look at me because I can't help but feel that I was the subject of a joke!

Dee*Jay-I have decorated zero rooms in my new house, and we moved in June 2013. As I predicted, you'd have your place bought, remodeled and decorated before I even got one picture hung on the all. I picked up paint swatches last week. I'm working on it.

Rod-I'm sorry you feel so lousy. Stomach bugs are so, so bad. You feel lousy and can't really do anything about it. I hope you feel better really soon.

Nothing much to report today. I was booked solid with meetings 9-6, and then had dinner plans with out team to celebrate a birthday. At some point today I popped a jolly rancher candy in my mouth and bit down, pulling out a crown in the process. Unfortunately the tooth hadn't had a root canal (it was just a broken tooth), so it started throbbing right away. My dentist worked me tomorrow before the crack of dawn, (before I usually get up on a workday) so I need to get to bed. Have a wonderful Wednesday!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday!

Dee Jay, I wonder if a dry cleaner can starch the tablecloth to get it to lay flat. Did you hold it up on the wall and get an idea how it would look? Marty would have enjoyed your dinner last night. Poor guy has to eat bland American food with me this month. I have NO doubt you will find another project to work on after you get your bedroom finished. The CPA told me I would only have to pay taxes if I inherited anything from an annuity. She said we didn’t need to file anything for my dad since his only income was about $125. And wouldn’t you know it; I got one of his 1099? Oh well. When I close that checking account I’ll ask for a copy of it from their records.

Rod, you poor thing! I hope you are feeling better tonight. At least you can use some of your sick days from your current job. The flu and colds going around work have been really bad this year.

Deegee, I can’t believe how many colors they have in the mixers now. I liked easily a dozen colors online. I have a hand mixer and I can’t say I know where it is; I’ve been here 2 years and if I don’t use it all the time I’m clueless where I put it. I was just looking for a really nice fleece blanket I have; it was toasty warm and I want it. I might have to send Marty on a hunting trip through boxes in the basement. I am sure I haven’t heard the last thing from my employee about his appraisal. Everyone is supposed to go in to our system and acknowledge they received their appraisal. He was the only one who didn’t do that today, he's probably writing up his massive complaint and counterpoints to post in the comment section. He left at noon for the day too. That’s funny Matt and people at the restaurant laugh and look at you; I am sure they aren’t saying anything bad. How are you coming with the paint swatches? Ouch to breaking your crown; good luck tomorrow with your early appointment.

I had a rather unusual day. I had a busy morning then headed to the CPA. While I was out I got gas, bought some cleaning supplies for work then spent my entire afternoon moving my cube. I cleaned the old cube, cleaned the new cube and then cleaned my cube in our office. Everything looks so nice. I need to hire a maid at work.

Marty cooked some steaks on the grill for supper (yes it was nice enough today for that) and I made rice to go with it. Marty went grocery shopping for us today so I made a plate of raw veggies to munch on while supper was cooking.

Have a great evening.
Marcy / Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday kids!

Rod, I'm sorry you're feeling poorly. Look on the bright side -- better it happened this week rather than right when you start at the new company!

Deegee, if you want to post pics of your kitchen (or email them to me) and the paint samples I'll be happy to look at them! You know me--there's nothing I love more than a good decorating project!

Curby, I am not sure that the tablecloth can be starched into submission... That's the thing with vintage, it kind of is what it is. Oh well, onward and upward toward the next idea!

Last night we had leftovers and went to bed early. I think the CB and I are turning into boring old people -- HA!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday!

Dee Jay, well darn it the tablecloth can't be starched in to submission, it was probably folded up for decades in a closet or drawer. I am sure you'll have many new ideas; I have faith! IMO there is nothing wrong with a boring life. When I see some of the drama people have I'm glad that isn't our daily life. I made Marty a real gourmet supper today - Hamburger Helper. I really went all out on that.

We are getting a blast from Siberia or some damn frigid place. Tomorrows high is going to be about 12. We won't get above freezing until a week from Friday and there is snow forecast for every day. Rod, moving there is sounding more appealing all the time!

Deegee, I hope you aren't working too hard this week.

Rod, I hope you are feeling better today.

Take care.

Curby / Marcy

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks everyone. I am feeling human again. I ate a good dinner and kept it all down. And I slept through the night comfortably. I even went to work today. Well, I sat at my desk at work today. If I actually do anything, it won't help anyone. So I have to look busy, make phone calls, do system work, without actually accomplishing anything. Monday morning can't come soon enough.

I may be having a root canal in the morning. I have a tooth that has been bothering me and I figure I may as well have it checked out before I lose health benefits for 90 days.

I hope you all had a good day. Mine was certainly at least on the health front better.........

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thursday!

Rod, I am glad you are feeling human again. How did things turn out with your tooth? Ugh to a root canal but definitely it’s better to get that done on your current insurance. I am sure you are getting anxious to give your notice and start your new job. I am still so excited for you.

Cold, snow, ice; well they all just stink. That’s about all I’ve got to say about that.

I’ve been browsing dish patterns tonight. I think it’s going to be hard to pick out something both of us like.

We had cheese raviolis for supper tonight with raw veggies and crusty rolls. Marty made a toasted garlic, cheese olive oil dip for the rolls. Tomorrow night is poker night so I think we’ll order in pizza. No dishes. Woo hoo! Okay, a few but not as many as when we cook something.

Have a great day tomorrow.

Marcy / Curby

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy, it turns out I don't need a root canal, but I do have a cracked tooth, so Monday afternoon I'll be getting yet another crown. Funny story. I had never been to this Endodontist before, but when he walked in, I recognized him from the gym. He was one of the "uber" boys who pumped hundreds of pounds of iron, but he was a nice guy and we even spoke back in those days. It was a really good experience with him today and he even remembered Charlie.

I went back to the office and just sat there quietly pretending to do some work. I have to work tomorrow, only I'm not sure doing what and then Monday morning, after cleaning out my desk over the weekend, I'll give my notice and come back home. I'm ready for this to be over and get on with things.

Sorry about the cold and snow. Spring is just around the corner. Or so they say.........

Have a great Friday everyone!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Friday kids!

Rod, I'm glad you don't need a root canal but a cracked tooth is no picnic either. Yowch. I'm so excited for you to quit on Monday!

Curby, every once in a while I think maybe I want new dishes... but I never seem to get around to it. Maybe if I cooked or cared more about kitchen stuff in general it would matter. Note that I have MANY excellent wine glasses!!! :cheeky:

Yesterday I got the brilliant idea of running errands. I swear there we had three separate blizzards while I was out!

I'm considering painting a stencil pattern on the wall behind the bed. Not 100% sure yet, but it could be interesting. (Then again it could be a disaster -- HA!) The big question would then become whether to leave the headboard or remove it. Decisions decisions decisions...

Today I think I'm going to go to a rug store out in the 'burbs that has something I want to take a look at, and I am also going to go to a couple of paper stores on the way home and look at some papyrus and other things, just for kicks.

(The voice in the back of my head sighs and says, Geez Dee, get a frickin' hobby, will ya?!?)

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Friday,

It was a bitter-sweet day. I actually had to finish some training I do montly, which I really enjoy. But the rest of the day I just sat there pretending to be busy. I counted the seconds until I could leave. I'm going in tomorrow morning to clean out my personal stuff, then first thing Monday morning, I'll resign and come right back home. Monday afternoon I'm having my crown done. A good morning, followed by a not great afternoon.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Oh and DeeJay, by the sounds of your life these days, you'd never get to go to bed if you added a hobby!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Friday!

Rod, I am glad your tooth doesn’t need a root canal; good luck with the crown though. A lady at work told me her husband went to someone that printed out the crown for him on a 3D printer and finished him all up in one session. I thought that was awesome. Small world that you knew the endodontist from the gym. As for spring being just around the corner; it is on the calendar but not so much in Wyoming. I am glad to hear you spent your last day doing training you enjoy. If you have as much personal stuff at work as I do you everyone will know something is going on come Monday morning. When I moved my cube the other day I told my boss I have so much stuff there for job security. If he fires me he has to pack up all my stuff and send it to my house. Have a good weekend and what a good feeling to go pack up your stuff at work.

Dee Jay, wine glasses are very important to have and to have in abundance. Your snow must be coming in waves like ours. Today I saw sunshine, cloudy skies, then snow and then repeat all of the above over and over. The cold didn’t change though. Stenciling the wall sounds pretty cool too. I think no matter what you end up with it will look good. I agree though you need a hobby; you must have 5 minutes or so a week when you’ve got nothing to do.

Hi Deegee!

We did go look at dishes again today but I really can’t pick out one I really like. We do have china that was my grandmothers. It’s girly; pink roses so maybe I just need to get some of it down and use it. That would save me lots of money because I don’t really need any new dishes.

I stayed home from work today. I woke up about 3 not feeling too good; stomach was either queasy or telling me I’m hungry and that spot around my shoulder blade that goes numb sometimes was all knotted up and getting my attention. I got out the heating pad but it took me a long time to fall back asleep. I did some stretches today and used the old tennis ball therapy. It comes and goes and one thing that hurts is having my hand on my laptop. Maybe I am on this thing too much!

We went out for lunch, went to the mall and while we were out the CPA called to say my taxes were ready to pick up. Sweet. No taxes due on the estate and Marty and I are getting a refund. I need to adjust my W2 to not withhold so much. I don’t like the government using my money all year. Not that I am any more responsible with my money than they are but hey it’s my money.

Have a great weekend.

Marcy

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy, my dentist is actually a Prosthedontist and he does what you referred to. He'll use a digital camera to map my mouth, and while he's working on prepping my tooth, the crown is made out of a block of solid porcelain in this cool looking machine I can watch. Then he puts it on, adjusts it, and out the door I'll go with the permanent crown. It takes about an hour from start to finish. Being cursed with not the best teeth, he's put on about 7 crowns in the last few years. I love my dentist but I figure I've got about a 10 carat diamond in my mouth ($$$$$$$$). LOL

Sorry to hear you weren't feeling all that great today. A refund! Sounds like a great excuse to get some new bling, dontcha' think??

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Dee*Jay-you do need a hobby! Although I think you'd do a hobby to death!! I'd love suggestions for decorating. Mistake #1 when I moved in was buying beige and dark brown furniture, and a brown rug. I should have tried to work with the grey in the kitchen and fireplace, but I'm more of a beige and brown person. I was thinking maybe a grey blue would help bring stuff together. I have lots of pics from Houzz. I'm hoping painting the kitchen will get me going.

Rod-that crown technology sounds so cool. I've never heard of such a thing. I'm going to ask my dentist next time I'm in. He travels across the country teaching classes in laser dentistry. I'm going to ask when he's going to get that crown technology! I was happy he could just cement my crown back in the other day and I didn't need a new one. The one that came out (stuck to the apple jolly rancher) is about 10 years old. Glad you don't need a root canal. It sounds like you made it through the week at work. I bet you're excited for Monday!

Marcy-glad you don't owe taxes! We always try to break even too. I have grown to love my Fiestaware. That stuff is tough. We haven't broken or chipped any of it. If I had to do it over again, I think I'd pick two main colors and throw in a few pieces of a bright color. I bought square dishes, bowls and mugs because I can't be normal and go with round dishes! Good luck shopping. Is your refund big enough to buy something good?

I have been lectured this week about working too many hours and my immune system being down. I had 41 hours in by Wednesday. Anyhoo...I ended up with bronchitis and missed work Thursday and Friday. I slept all day Thursday, but ended up working 7 hours from the couch on Friday. 3 of us from our team and 2 vendor people went down this week with the same thing. Food yesterday and today-chicken noodle soup. I'm kind of stir crazy and hope I can go somewhere tomorrow. Probably not a great idea, but I sure would like to get out of the house. Have a great weekend!!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Morning all..........I woke up early, went into my office and cleaned out all my stuff. I'm glad this will all be over Monday morning, but must admit it is in many ways sad.

It's going to be a rainy day in the Sunshine State. I'm not sure what we'll get into, but it most definitely won't involve being outdoors much!

Marcy, if your dentist lectures on high level dentistry, I'm surprised he doesn't have the technology to make crowns while you wait. Most dentist here in Tampa do.

On the need to have better work life balance, just remember one thing...........no matter how much you do for a company, your tombstone will never refer to your valiant and heroic efforts on their behalf. I finally came to that realization a few years ago. I work hard, but I leave much earlier than I ever used to and go home and have a nice evening with Charlie. I don't work nights anymore and I don't work weekends. The stress and negative effect on our health simply isn't worth it.

Have a great Saturday!

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Rod-I know you're right about the work life balance. I was just getting ready to grab my laptop and get started, but your post made me put it back down. I'm sick. I think I'll have a "me" day and read a book. A fun book-not work! Yesterday while I was trying to work on the couch, Lily kept shoving my laptop off my lap with her snout and my fat cat Max kept plopping across the keyboard. Guess they were trying to tell me something! Glad you got your office cleaned out. Was anyone there? I'm sure it was kind of sad. I bet you have some good memories there.

Every time I dozed off last night, I woke up coughing. I kept poor Matt awake all night. He's been so sweet...making me chicken noodle soup, bringing me juice, rubbing my back. He gave up at about 6 this morning and went to another room. Lily seems rather sleepy today too. I had soup for lunch and now off to finish that Dean Koontz book I started a few weeks ago. Maybe a nap too. Have a great day!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deegee, I'm sorry you're not feeling well. I am glad my post made you put your laptop down. We all need to do that more often! Yes we do!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Saturday!

Rod, I am glad to hear your Prosthedontist has the latest and greatest equipment. That is great you can get a new crown in about an hour. My local dentist doesn’t have one of those cameras and printers but the one I heard about is only an hour away. I swore I was going to put our refund in the savings account but I am actually looking at bling online tonight. I am sure you have some very pleasant memories from your current job and part of you will be sad to leave it behind. Did it rain all day there today? I really agree with what you said about achieving a balance between work and life. I do my very best every day at work but I sure don’t put in the overtime like I used to; it’s not worth it. Marty has been on his new job 3 years now and still has absolutely no desire to go back to the kind of stress and demands like he had on his last job.

Deegee, I hope you are feeling better tonight. I am glad you put your laptop back down and relaxed today. I know Matt is taking good care of you. Marty was up most of the night with reflux problems but it was from beer or scotch or whatever he drank at the poker game. How are you doing on that? I started a new series of books by WEB Griffin. I am on the first of them but I do like them so far. Marty reads enough I just ask him what new author to read next.

I was really tired and went by bed by 10:15 last night. I slept with the heading pad again and was definitely better this morning. We had another lazy day. Marty didn’t really wake up until about noon. I ran some stuff to the post office and picked up window food. We had some leftovers for supper and I tried my new mixer so we had a piece of cake. This mixer is certainly more quiet that my old one was.

The expected snow didn’t show but we had flurries off and on all day. It is still way to darned cold here though.

Take care.
Marcy / Curby

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Marcy-I'm always glad when the snow doesn't show! My reflux is better as long as I don't overdo it. There are a few things I have absolutely cut out of my diet and so far so good. Sadly one of those is beer, and I do love my craft beers! I'm sorry to hear you're having to sleep with a heating pad. I hope that settles down for you really soon. Knots around the shoulder blades are tough little suckers to get rid of. Matt is like a whole different person since he changed jobs, away from that ridiculous management job he had. He's back to his happy-go-lucky self. Job stress sure can do a number on a person. Not worth it. I haven't heard of WEB Griffin. I'll have to check that out.

Hi Rod. Good luck tomorrow! I didn't pick up my laptop at all today. it feels weird having not worked at all this weekend. Okay, I checked work email, but I didn't answer any!

Hi Dee*Jay!

We decided to go out for dinner last night, which was a big mistake. I should have stuck with chicken noodle soup on the couch. I ordered grilled chicken (thought it would be safe), but I launched into a MAJOR coughing fit the second I took a bite. I guess the pepper didn't sit well on my irritated throat. So I'm at out table, coughing my head off and praying I don't start gagging (which happens when I cough hard, and usually has a really bad end), I' can't catch my breath, and then all of a sudden I started sneezing uncontrollably. The piece of chicken in my mouth went flying just as the server rushed over with a glass of water. I was coughing, sneezing and heaving all at the same time! When it settled down, I had chicken pieces and water down my front, tears streaming down my face, and half of the Outback staring at me. I think the twerpy teenager at the next table took a video of me on her iPhone. We stayed in tonight...it's ugly outside anyway. I'm determined to get some sleep tonight, so I'm going to wash down a dose of NyQuil with a glass of honey whiskey. Have a great Monday!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm counting the hours till I can go in tomorrow morning, hand in my key, parking badge and say so-long. I let a few people I've worked in other offices know as I've had great relationships with them and I didn't want them to hear it after the fact. They were all thrilled for me.

Deegee, I'm sorry about your dining experience last night. I'm sorry to say that as you wrote it, it sounded a bit like a comedy sketch, but I'm sure it wasn't at all amusing to you. You might want to check YouTube to see if the twerpy teen posted it.

Thanks for the good thoughts!

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Rod-it was not funny at the time. I was afraid I was going to start throwing up and ruin the evening of all of the nice people sitting around me. Except the twerpy teenager. I could tell she was a brat.

Marcy-I've been meaning to ask you how you're doing with the recumbent bike. I am giving serious consideration to buying an elliptical machine. I've got to do something to get myself moving, and I need low impact.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Deegee, I didn't mean to imply it was funny. I'm sure it was an awful experience. You just told it in a somewhat humorous way. My apologies if it came across that I found it amusing. Honest.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Sunday!

Deegee, how awful to choke on chicken in the restaurant and have a coughing, sneezing and heaving episode from it. I wouldn’t be surprised if someone would be so cold and uncaring as to film it either. What an awful outing for you. I hope you are feeling better. Sleep well with Nyquil and a drink tonight. That is good to hear your reflux is manageable by skipping some types of food and drink; rats that means skipping beer. Good idea to stay away from your work laptop this weekend. You deserve the break. I did log on to mine once to read the comments my employee finally submitted on his appraisal. He basically complained about the same things we’ve already talked about. I did sleep without the heating pad last night. It is still sore and I notice it more when I hold my arm different ways. It’s a tough spot to get aspercreme on too. LOL.

Rod, that is nice to let your colleagues know where you are going so they don’t hear it from somewhere else. I am sure they were all delighted to hear your good news. I am sure tomorrow morning will be both sad and happy at the same time. Then you can enjoy a week off and be totally psyched to start your new job next Monday. Good luck in the morning!

We had another lazy day. I made blueberry pancakes for breakfast, cooked Marty some bacon. He made some kind of curry for lunch and I heated up leftovers from my lunch on Friday. We had cheese, crackers, fruit and wine for supper.

I’ve been reading most of the day and we’ve watched a few movies. Marty is probably heading to Guatemala Tuesday.

Have a great day tomorrow.
Marcy / Curby

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Marcy. I'll just be glad to have it over. I'm guessing I'll be ready to walk out of the office as kid-wonder comes in. I do in some ways feel bad for him. He was hired with the understanding he'd have a team to manage. I'll be like......."nice to meet you, I wish you well, but I just resigned!" And on Friday, the only other member of my team will be resigning too. He can't take the week off because he needs the money, but he's starting with me at the new job on the same day.

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Rod-ha ha! I'm not offended! Matt suggested we stay in today after my little outburst last night. I think I was a weird shade of red by the time I got calmed down. I'm not sure where the chicken that flew out of my mouth landed either. Ha! That will be weird for kid wonder to show up to team with no one in it. Kinda feel bad for the guy.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rod, that is fabulous the boy wonder won't have a team to manage. He can start with an entirely new crew. How cool one of your other team members will be starting at the new place with you. I am sure you'll be glad to get your resignation turned in tomorrow.

Deegee, I haven't tried the bike or weight machine again. I did dig out my little 2 pound hand weights though. I don't think the recumbent bike will work for me and my limited flexibility in my knees. I have heard ellipticals are low impact. I really should have tried the bike (or one like it) before we bought it. Marty is using it though. I need to get moving as well. Walking seems to be my best bet but it sure needs to warm up first.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
GOOD MORNING..........Such a relief. It's done. I think they were floored this morning. And just as I was getting ready to leave the office, new Boy-Wonder showed up. In a suit and tie of course. But we don't wear suits in Florida. His buddy who started about 5 months ago also wears a suit and tie everyday. They're from New York and they say it's the only way they know how to dress for work. Goofy if you ask me. He seemed like a nice enough "kid" but not one I'd want to report to directly.

Anyway, I'm home watching the Today show, sipping coffee and feeling so much more relaxed! I have to go to the dentist this afternoon for my crown, but that won't be too bad.

Have a great day everyone. And Deegee, I'm glad I didn't offend you by making your not fun experience sound as though it was humorous. I'm sure it was anything but.........

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results