shape
carat
color
clarity

True Confessions

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jennifer, I'm in love with her too!!! Isn't it the best when they are cuddle bugs!

soocool

Ideal_Rock
Jennifer, she is gorgeous and eventually you will not even remember how small she once was. My dog is 8 yo and this past winter instead of snuggling up against me when I am on the sofa, he just goes directly to his bed. I once spent an hour searching for him in the house only to realize he was all snug in his own bed. I am grateful he is not a licker! A few weeks ago he woke us up in the middle of the night and led us to the downstairs powder room to alert us something was wrong. There was no water in the toilet and sewage gas was starting to permeate the house. Nearby a family's dog awakened them in the middle of the night and would not let up going to the basement door and was barking at it. They had a gas leak in the basement furnace and immediately called 911 and evacuated the house.

On another note, this past winter I started the downsizing project. We are not looking to move for about another 5 or 6 years, but do not want to put everything off till the last minute. I have been going through all papers and shredding those we no longer need and trying to maintain that on a monthly basis. Pulled out all the stuff I have been saving for my DD these 21+ years for her to do with as she pleases.( I offered to give her all the baby teeth I had held onto, but she does not want them and I, for some reason, cannot bring myself to throwing them out). Sold a lot of stuff via online garage sales and donated a lot of other stuff. Amazing what accumulates in over 20 years. We have already decided what we are and are not taking with us when we do downsize and to be absolutely honest, while I will miss this house, I cannot wait to move into something smaller and not spend so much time maintaining it.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Okay, here's a wildly politically incorrect viewpoint, hopefully no on will hate me after this.

Confession: I think the vast majority of 20-somethings look the same. The guys have some kind of beard thing, with very little hair (or it's shaved down because they're balding) and the girls seem to all have ponytails. WTH happened to hair? The guys and the girls all seem to hate hair unless it's on their faces. Maybe it's just my local area, but this is how they look to me, an old geezer. I notice this because my DD has big beautiful curly hair that hangs loose, and no one else seems to have loose hair.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
Update on my previous confession: in my search for the perfect nude-colored bag, I came across a bright yellow, caviar, vintage Chanel clutch that I just had to have. For the price, it was too good to pass up. Unless I can find another amazing deal, the nude handbag will have to wait a bit longer 8-)

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
iLander|1425245803|3840377 said:
Okay, here's a wildly politically incorrect viewpoint, hopefully no on will hate me after this.

Confession: I think the vast majority of 20-somethings look the same. The guys have some kind of beard thing, with very little hair (or it's shaved down because they're balding) and the girls seem to all have ponytails. WTH happened to hair? The guys and the girls all seem to hate hair unless it's on their faces. Maybe it's just my local area, but this is how they look to me, an old geezer. I notice this because my DD has big beautiful curly hair that hangs loose, and no one else seems to have loose hair.

I see this a lot too. My husband and I were at a restaurant and noticed a large group of teen girls (probably seniors in HS). Every one of the girls had their hair pulled back in a pony tail or one of those messy bun things. It seems to me that they just don't feel the need and/or desire to put any effort into their hair, which is fine I guess if that's what suits you.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
I cannot wait until my preteen daughter gets to my size, and our wardrobe can double in size 'cos she can wear my clothes and vice versa. We can already share shoes.......she took my uggs and hiking boots to science camp.

No, I don't think I wear clothes that at too "young", neither of us are trendy, so I'm looking forward to sharing t-shirts, sweaters, cardigans etc......

iLander

Ideal_Rock
momhappy said:

I see this a lot too. My husband and I were at a restaurant and noticed a large group of teen girls (probably seniors in HS). Every one of the girls had their hair pulled back in a pony tail or one of those messy bun things. It seems to me that they just don't feel the need and/or desire to put any effort into their hair, which is fine I guess if that's what suits you.

You know, it wouldn't bother me so much if they were just in HS. I think all the generations were trying to look alike in high school, at least somewhat. What bothers me is that, by the time you're in your twenties, you should be establishing your own identity, not following the crowd quite so much. It bothers me most that they're all the SAME. Still. :roll: If they all had their hair down and in a fancy do, or all were clean shaven with Beatles' hair, the sameness would still bother me. I feel like they all proclaim their uniqueness, while acting and looking like clones.

This is the kind of stupid thing that bothers me. :rolleyes: My husband says I pay too much attention. He's right. Don't tell him I said that. ;-)

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haha, iLander, sometimes I feel that way about all the young ladies I see running around my town which is a Big 10 college town in the Midwest! But every time I'm on Pinterest, I notice a gazillion pics of messy buns, messy braids, tutorials on ponytails, etc. I think it's just the style these days. Remember when Friends was airing on prime time and "the Rachel" hairdo? Same thing. Everyone did that, too. People just enjoy fitting in, at any age. I've always said I'll never be one of those ladies in her 80s with a short, white, curly perm....but ya never know. Maybe in my nursing home years I'll want to feel like one of the gang. :lol:

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
I've seen the messy bun/ponytail (done intentionally) and then I've seen just plain lazy. Perhaps they are just trying to fit in, but to be honest, it just looks like they are lazy and don't care to put effort into their appearance (which is not to imply that there's anything wrong with that if that's what suits you). The messy buns/ponytails that I see most frequently are paired with messy clothes (sweats, pajama pants, oversized t-shirts, Uggs, etc.). I'm glad it's not a look that was "in" when I was younger because I actually liked doing my hair, putting on makeup, picking out clothes, etc. =)

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
momhappy|1425268058|3840555 said:
I've seen the messy bun/ponytail (done intentionally) and then I've seen just plain lazy. Perhaps they are just trying to fit in, but to be honest, it just looks like they are lazy and don't care to put effort into their appearance (which is not to imply that there's anything wrong with that if that's what suits you). The messy buns/ponytails that I see most frequently are paired with messy clothes (sweats, pajama pants, oversized t-shirts, Uggs, etc.). I'm glad it's not a look that was "in" when I was younger because I actually liked doing my hair, putting on makeup, picking out clothes, etc. =)

Agreed. I think we've all seen "intentionally messy" done well and it's completely different from just looking like a slob. Show me a young woman going about her business with a well-done "messy" hairdo along with a nice handbag, some pearl studs, and nice footwear, and I'll show you 10 women of similar age just ruining it for everyone. But hey, I am one who has also always enjoyed putting forth some effort into looking well turned-out, so perhaps we're just biased. And maybe it's easier to go through life not giving a rat's behind... this really isn't one of my grievances, so I don't want to get too deep here, but I do understand where you, iLander, and probably others, are coming from.

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hate when I go to a restaurant with a friend and they suggest we split our dinners. I HATE it! It makes me SO mad!

I'm not sure if the confession here is how mad it makes me or just that I don't want to split food. Why? Why would I want half your dinner?

I think it makes me mad because it keeps happening, it's like a thing these days, and it never was before.

So here's the thing. We're at a restaurant and I'm looking over the menu with interest. I see something delicious and I'm looking forward to eating it. No, I do not want to give half of it away and have half of your choice, which is very likely to be something I would never have ordered, so I'm giving away half my delicious dinner in order to receive something I have no interest in eating.

Every time a friend suggests this splitting and sharing, my heart just sinks. I think I'm going to have to take to simply saying, "No, I don't split food."

Or, "Why would I want to eat your choice instead of mine? We're two different people with different tastes. Now get the hell away from my dinner and stop confusing everything!"

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jambalaya said:
I hate when I go to a restaurant with a friend and they suggest we split our dinners. I HATE it! It makes me SO mad!

I'm not sure if the confession here is how mad it makes me or just that I don't want to split food. Why? Why would I want half your dinner?

I think it makes me mad because it keeps happening, it's like a thing these days, and it never was before.

So here's the thing. We're at a restaurant and I'm looking over the menu with interest. I see something delicious and I'm looking forward to eating it. No, I do not want to give half of it away and have half of your choice, which is very likely to be something I would never have ordered, so I'm giving away half my delicious dinner in order to receive something I have no interest in eating.

Every time a friend suggests this splitting and sharing, my heart just sinks. I think I'm going to have to take to simply saying, "No, I don't split food."

Or, "Why would I want to eat your choice instead of mine? We're two different people with different tastes. Now get the hell away from my dinner and stop confusing everything!"

Jambalaya, I'm with you 100% on this. Fortunately my friends know how I feel and would never suggest this. I don't mind giving them a taste of my dish but no way am I OK with splitting it. Everyone needs to order what they want. And I don't go to those family style restaurants where everyone shares everything either. :knockout: I like what I like and make no apologies about it. Plus I am a very picky eater so I probably would not eat what the others are ordering any way. Just be honest and tell them you do not want to split dishes with them. There is nothing rude about that IMO.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Confession, glad my kids are BACK in school In North carolina, so except for 1 day have been at home, doing nothing for the past 2 weeks, mostly inside due to bad weather (many people we knew lost power as well) . As a friend posted on Facebook "I can see my kids getting stupider before my eyes." Yeah yeah we could have been teaching them things, but instead it has been lots of tv and computer time, with occasional forays out.
So Thank you public school system! After this I cannot imagine home schooling my kids, kudos to those who can.

I bought a couple loose sapphires. Hubby and I are supposed to tell each other when we buy anything over 100, but I haven't told him yet. Well got 1 more day since supposed to be delivered Tuesday. He has also been in cranky mood because of being around the kids all day, so wanted to find a better time. I don't think he will care, just that I feel guilty because trying to be good about spending. :whistle:

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Ooh, fun thread! I rarely make it over to this board. My confession: whenever I am at home, I am in pajamas. I feel so much more comfortable without a bra on, and I wouldn't wear regular clothes without a bra, so pajamas are my choice attire at home. :)

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jambalaya|1425306857|3840701 said:

Oh goodness, the ONLY thing that goes through my mind is cleanliness. Umm, no, I don't want to eat from a plate that is half covered in your saliva!

:knockout:

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tourmaline|1425313783|3840733 said:
Ooh, fun thread! I rarely make it over to this board. My confession: whenever I am at home, I am in pajamas. I feel so much more comfortable without a bra on, and I wouldn't wear regular clothes without a bra, so pajamas are my choice attire at home. :)

Hahaha, me too! I'm always worried that someone will knock on the door and it will be 10:00 in the morning on the weekend, or 6:30 at night on a weeknight and I'll already be in pjs! It doesn't worry me enough to stop, though.

iluvshinythings

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
There are so many things in this thread I identify with.

Jewelry addiction - Oh yes. I received a small bonus at work and have been stalking eBay, Ruby Lane, LT, etc looking for a good deal, which is ridiculous. I work in the oil and gas industry and companies are laying off employees left and right. The last thing I NEED is something sparkly yet I WANT it bad. What I really NEED is some savings. I say this to myself over and over like a mantra.

Sharing Food - Yuck! I have a friend that always wants to get something (one entree) and share it. I.hate.it. I hate sharing food and if I wanted two different entrees, I'd order two. I especially don't want to share one entree. I'm hungry and if I don't eat it all, I'll take it home.

Annoying pets - Ditto. I love my Herbie but it grosses me out so bad when he wakes me up licking himself. I'm glad I got him neutered so he has less area to lick. There, I said it and I won't take it back.

I also wear pajamas all the time when I'm not in public too. They're warm and comfortable and look as good as anything else when covered in dog hair. I hate it when we have houseguests and have to wear something respectable.

Another confession: I eat in bed a lot. My husband was out of town last week and I ate every single meal in bed. It was glorious. I enjoyed DH being out of town a lot more than I should have.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
iLander|1425263810|3840513 said:
momhappy said:

You know, it wouldn't bother me so much if they were just in HS. I think all the generations were trying to look alike in high school, at least somewhat. What bothers me is that, by the time you're in your twenties, you should be establishing your own identity, not following the crowd quite so much. It bothers me most that they're all the SAME. Still. :roll: If they all had their hair down and in a fancy do, or all were clean shaven with Beatles' hair, the sameness would still bother me. I feel like they all proclaim their uniqueness, while acting and looking like clones.

This is the kind of stupid thing that bothers me. :rolleyes: My husband says I pay too much attention. He's right. Don't tell him I said that. ;-)

I don't agree that all 20 something's look the same any more than all 50 something's or 70 something's do.

Facial hair is in style. So? Most facial hair looks different. So I see no difference in facial hair than I do head hair. The fact people are sporting it again is no different than any other hairstyle.

Also I guess I don't live where you do, but I find many women have many different styles of hair... Extra long, pixie, undercut, bob...

I am sorry its a pet peeve of yours.

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
This thread is hilarious and so true.

Wow, I never thought anyone else wore pj-s at home, I do and cannot stop it, sometimes I am scolded by my mom and I love doing this, viva pj-s! It can be really embarrassing as when I order food or the mailman comes in the morning I am always in pjs, I am pjs in the evening too after taking a bath when I am at home. I think there is a huge difference and people may not even recognize me or are shocked, well, they do seem to recognize me but when I go out anywhere I am always fully stylish, in a dress, heels, makeup, hair done, bling of course and then there is the pj girl. I am only slightly embarrassed about it anymore. To add I also wear a red hooded bathrobe over it, now talk about hideous, I think people down the streets used to laugh when they saw me outside in my home attire. I really thought I was the only one and it is a horrible addiction I cannot stop. In the summer it may be a night dress which is at least hmm somewhat sexy but forget it in the winter.

I sometimes hate my dogs, I hate to confess this, ok not hate them, but come on I am a cat person and have had cats all my life. Now two hunting dogs ruining my yard and driving me nuts, I never thought dogs were this hard, cats are so easy, even psycho ones lol, loved that story. My Niello was a psycho cat as a kitten but I trained him with a spray bottle, he used to enjoy hunting down my legs and bite and scratch them to pieces. He was a stray foster too. He truly changed though. Give psycho kitty time and some training. Niello remained a character through his whole life and I miss his naughty antics and screaming all night if he felt like it.

The dogs though, if they decide they are in that mood, they bang on my door nonstop. They make a horrendous mess, jump all over me even with the best training and keep wrecking the fence so they can follow me when I leave to work. I somehow must also confess that I cannot get used to all the slobbering they do, cats are cuddly, clean, good smelling. Ok, the dogs are growing on me but are hard.

I used to wear fake jewelry all the time. I have a huge collection, only one brand too, it was a designer that made really cool designs that I truly loved. I would not be caught dead wearing them anymore. A huge waste they were.

I cannot stop projects, hunting for gems and jewelry projects, I have one under way and I must already have two other projects lined up and a gem purchase going on. I am in serious trouble and talk about the sudden, impulse purchases in the midst of that. Worst addiction for sure. In addition, I must also hunt for shoes, bags, dresses, you name it. I am really strict with myself when it comes to perfumes anymore at least. I have tons. I also have no idea how much money I wasted on cosmetics and how many bags of it I have given away and not cheap stuff. These days I am at least not doing that anymore, I have really streamlined what I am using at the moment.

I also hate splitting food, it is not not wanting to share, I will happily buy the other person the same but I want mine to be mine and eat as much of it as I want.

I am a terrible worrier too, better by now but still bad. I am especially bad at worrying about not being good enough for others and not being able to make others happy. I am working hard on this.

I do not tell my mom about many of my purchases, she would never understand and think of it as wasting money. I never tell her about dresses as she thinks that it is only ok to buy them second hand and she is very controlling this way.

I hate people chewing loudly too. I cannot tolerate it at all.

What a fun thread.
We should come up with other stuff, I am sure there are tons more.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Niel said:
I don't agree that all 20 something's look the same any more than all 50 something's or 70 something's do.

Facial hair is in style. So? Most facial hair looks different. So I see no difference in facial hair than I do head hair. The fact people are sporting it again is no different than any other hairstyle.

Also I guess I don't live where you do, but I find many women have many different styles of hair... Extra long, pixie, undercut, bob...

It's no fun to have a confession thread if someone is going to call you out on it. :rolleyes: Especially if it's a personal opinion.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haha! Especially during this bad weather I would wake up with my pajama bottoms and not change for hours! I joke that they are my chastity belt (purple flannel with Eeyores on them) because they are such a turn off!

I'm one of those people who likes to share food. Not necessarily the entree, but to get an appetizer or 2 and share them. Obviously the way to do so it to put some on your plate before eating, no saliva sharing necessary! My Dad is one of those who always wants to try other people's food as well as having other people try what he ordered, so maybe that's why I think it's normal, maybe even see it as loving (sharing food).

I have been really good (for me) regarding jewelry, but see a stone I absolutely love, which costs around 1K, which would go great with the side stones I ordered, to make a beautiful 3 stone ring... Not a huge huge amount in the scheme of things, but we have so many other expenses coming up. I'm sure it will get snatched up, just need to wait it out....

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Lol, you should see my thick red robe with reindeer on it Part Gypsy, it is such a turnoff to most but I love it.:)))

You have been so good, 1 K is like my limit, if I see something stunning that is a great deal for 1 K I may snatch it up, in fact I have just done that a week ago. I do not want to be an enabler though.:)))

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
iLander|1425331463|3840855 said:
Niel said:

It's no fun to have a confession thread if someone is going to call you out on it. :rolleyes: Especially if it's a personal opinion.

If your confession is a negative view toward a group I am apart of, its hard not to comment a descenting opinion.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love the new additions to this thread. 8)

In light of that here is my next contribution. When I am at home (and not entertaining or having people over) I never wear a bra. I hate them and like to go free as often as possible LOL. So while I don't wear PJs in the house I do wear one of my light cotton beach dresses all year long while in the house and NO bra and without any socks haha. So just picture it. Dressed like summer when in the house in bare feet in the middle of winter and no apologies. :bigsmile: Comfort trumps all IMO.

I also can relate somewhat to iLander's confession in that I absolutely HATE facial hair on men. I HATE beards and hate mustaches and hate that grizzly look that is so popular. :knockout: I do however like ponytails and often wear one. See above (i.e. comfort) for reason.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy|1425332759|3840867 said:

In light of that here is my next contribution. When I am at home (and not entertaining or having people over) I never wear a bra. I hate them and like to go free as often as possible LOL. So while I don't wear PJs in the house I do wear one of my light cotton beach dresses all year long while in the house and NO bra and without any socks haha. So just picture it. Dressed like summer when in the house in bare feet in the middle of winter and no apologies. :bigsmile: Comfort trumps all IMO.

I also can relate somewhat to iLander's confession in that I absolutely HATE facial hair on men. I HATE beards and hate mustaches and hate that grizzly look that is so popular. :knockout: I do however like ponytails and often wear one. See above (i.e. comfort) for reason

I've always had a"thing" for beards, so I didn't mind them coming back into vogue. From age 14 i think all but one of my serious boyfriends had a beard. The ones that didn't couldn't grow one, or they would have had one too if i had a say!

find it annoying when men won't stfu about them though lol. For example, someone I work with and am Facebook friends with recently was growing his out over winter. He would constantly (and I mean constantly!) Post Facebook updates about things people would say about his beard, beard products he would purchase, articles about beard grooming, memes about how beards are manly.

I just wanted to shake him! It wasn't even filled out well! Bah...

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Missy, hey, at least you looks stylish at home! I wish I could wear a beach dress at home but it is chilly at my house. Even so, when I lived in my old apartment which was very hot, I still wore pj-s in the winter when home. Of course if I have people I expect to come over I dress up but last time my ex and his parents showed up at 10 p.m. I was in pj-s, now of course that can be excused.

Now, hear this, I am allergic to facial hair on men. Not only hate it but truly allergic. If a man with facial hair kisses me, I get hives all over my face and neck, even a casual, friendly kiss does this and imagine what this looks like, it also lasts till the next day.:)))

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Niel said:
missy|1425332759|3840867 said:

I also can relate somewhat to iLander's confession in that I absolutely HATE facial hair on men. I HATE beards and hate mustaches and hate that grizzly look that is so popular. :knockout: I do however like ponytails and often wear one. See above (i.e. comfort) for reason

I've always had a"thing" for beards, so I didn't mind them coming back into vogue. From age 14 i think all but one of my serious boyfriends had a beard. The ones that didn't couldn't grow one, or they would have had one too if i had a say!

find it annoying when men won't stfu about them though lol. For example, someone I work with and am Facebook friends with recently was growing his out over winter. He would constantly (and I mean constantly!) Post Facebook updates about things people would say about his beard, beard products he would purchase, articles about beard grooming, memes about how beards are manly.

I just wanted to shake him! It wasn't even filled out well! Bah...

OMG I can relate to that too. We have a friend who loves growing facial hair and loves changing it up. So lately he has been growing a goatee and loves it being the topic of conversation though he is adorable about how excited he gets about it. LOL. But yeah I'm with you Niel. Wish he could just be quiet about it. I mean I don't walk around bragging about shaving my legs do I? Men. And then there are the men that shave their bodies but that is a topic for another day I think. :wink2:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OVincze|1425334141|3840876 said:
Missy, hey, at least you looks stylish at home! I wish I could wear a beach dress at home but it is chilly at my house. Even so, when I lived in my old apartment which was very hot, I still wore pj-s in the winter when home. Of course if I have people I expect to come over I dress up but last time my ex and his parents showed up at 10 p.m. I was in pj-s, now of course that can be excused.

Now, hear this, I am allergic to facial hair on men. Not only hate it but truly allergic. If a man with facial hair kisses me, I get hives all over my face and neck, even a casual, friendly kiss does this and imagine what this looks like, it also lasts till the next day.:)))

Ovi, it is the same with me. I get a rash on my face if anything irritates it and yes facial hair on men kissing me is right up there LOL. Of course these days I am only kissing one man and he is clean shaven. Thank goodness for me! :bigsmile:

I think wearing PJs around the house is cute and I bet you look adorable in them. I am just not the PJ wearing type. And better you were in PJs than naked when they dropped by if you kwim. :o

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
ROFL, you really crack me up tonight Missy, yeah I guess you are right. I was never the pj type either but I somehow got into them, I used to always wear lightweight beach dresses even for night,I guess living in colder houses got me into the habit of wearing pjs.

Yes, somehow facial hair on men is so strong that it causes a worse allergic reaction than pet hair in me and it can also scratch my face up badly, it happens like I said if someone does the European kiss too.

Part of my confessions, I used to get eyelash extensions even though I had almost deadly allergies to them. Now I have none on and feel that I look like a goafer with no eyes. Not sure how long I can stand this.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results