shape
carat
color
clarity

Marquise masterpiece for M... (created by CvB ID)

SparklySoprano

Brilliant_Rock
This ring truly is a masterpiece! To die for gorgeousness!!! :love:

drk14

Brilliant_Rock
OK, Niel, this is for you...

The Profile

I have to start by saying that I've been a bit hesitant to post the profile pictures, because one of the things that is special to my fiancee about the ring is that it is the only one of its kind in the world, and posting pictures from every angle does unfortunately open up the risk of someone copying the design. But on the other hand, it turned out so beautiful, that it would be a shame not to share the pictures with the world... So, after some deliberation, we are now comfortable sharing the profile views with PS, so please enjoy!

mqring02.png

Some close-up shots:

profile01.jpg profile02.jpg

So much work went into creating this filigree design for the basket! If you've read the testimonial thread, you'll recall that it took 5 weeks of brainstorming to come up with this design. I am very proud of the final result, because the final design sprang from a true collaboration between Caysie and me. The design looks deceptively simple, but it was actually really difficult to find something that would work subject to all of the constraints imposed by the shape of the setting. I hope you like it as much as I do.

artdecolover71

Brilliant_Rock
It is gorgeous! Love every detail.
Let me tell you, I recently saw a copy of Caysie's Casablanca halo and the angles were so different that the end result made it obvious that it wasn't a cvb. So even though you are sharing these detailed shots, it will be unlikely someone can properly execute it!

Enjoy it all. Engagement is such a magical time!

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on your engagement!

And congratulations on one stunning diamond and ring! I love the setting and it looks amazing on her pretty hand.

You did a wonderful job at the proposal and in hunting up a diamond and a jeweler and then in arriving at a setting for the diamond.

Now what will you do with all that free time on your hands? :bigsmile: Wedding planning!

drk14

Brilliant_Rock
Let me just leave you with some shots for now...

mq_handshot03.png

mq_handshot04.png

jenncent

Shiny_Rock
Trade
This is so gorgeous!!! Congrats to you both!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well that m you so much for sharing. It'd as lovely as I had assumed it would be. That second photo of the gallery really shows how nice that crown is for your stone.

Also the hand shots are lovely. From the few photos you've shown, seems like she really does love pink :))

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
She has the perfect long fingers for that ring! Thank you for the additional hand shots! I'll be her friends are envious!

drk14

Brilliant_Rock
I want to thank everybody again for your support and encouragement through my journey, and for all of the kind words expressed in this SMTB thread. Below are my individual responses (which I have arranged alphabetically by user name):

Acinom: Thank you, Acinom! I'm glad you enjoyed the ring. Your CvB set turned out spectacular, too!

apacherose: Thank you for your nice post. I remember you from the RT thread, as well, thanks for your interest in my journey. Hope you enjoyed the additional pictures that I posted, and let me know if you want more!

arkieb1: Thank you! As to my "good taste", I definitely have PS to thank for refining my tastes in jewelry! At the very start of my journey, before joining PS, I was considering this setting as an option. :oops: Months of studying the resources on PS, countless hours reviewing probably thousands of engagement rings on SMTB, along with great advice I received on RT, helped me reach the point where I am now. :read: :read: :read: :ugeek:

artdecolover71: Artdecolover71, thank you for your kind words! CvB ID is definitely one-of-a kind.

athenaworth: Thank you, I'm glad you like it! Hope you enjoyed the additional pictures that I posted, and let me know if you want more! And I appreciate your kind words about my testimonial post.

azstonie: Thank you so much for offering your congratulations, and for all of your kind compliments. This project has definitely consumed my thoughts, energy and time for the past eight months or so, but now I have a huge backlog of work to catch up on at my job!! My fiancee wants us to elope, though, so there may not be a crazy amount of wedding planning after all. :mrgreen: I think the next big thing to do will be to get her an amazing wedding band, so stay tuned... (this one will not be a secret surprise though!)

baby monster: Thank you! Yes, I totally agree. The double halo and flared shoulders really bumped up the finger coverage, without eclipsing the presence of the center marquise.

CRYSTAL24K: Thank you, CRYSTAL24K! I will relay your congratulation to FI.

diamondseeker2006: First of all, I remember you were one of the first to help me out in RT, so thank you for your support through this journey. Thank you, too, for your gracious compliments about my fiancee's beautiful fingers, as well as the setting design and the finished ring. A lot of people have been ogling the ring IRL!

I also greatly appreciate your kind words about my testimonial post, and I'm glad to be able to contribute something of value to the PS community. Your own reviews about your experience with Caysie were very helpful when I was researching my options, and definitely were one of the reasons why I ended up seeking out CvB for my project.

Finally, your wishes for a happy marriage are well received. In the 17+ years since we first met, she has always inspired me to want to make her happy. Getting engaged just makes this commitment even stronger. So we are looking forward to another 17 happy years and beyond. :love: :love:

eirwen: Thank you, eirwen! I will relay your congratulation to FI.

Gem Queen: Thank you, Gem Queen. Yes, it took a lot of hard work on the part of Caysie, Shayne and Alejandro to get all of the proportions and curves just right.

HotPozzum: Thank you, HotPozzum! I will relay your congratulation to FI.

jenncent: Thank you for saying so, and for offering your congratulations.

kmarla: Thank you for your congratulations, which I will share with FI. The incorporation of fancy pink diamonds was one of the most important features of the design, and I love CvB's idea to feature them in an interior halo. It really makes the ring.

KristyDarling: Thank you, KristyDarling, for your nice compliment, and for offering your congratulations. I hope that you enjoyed the additional pictures that I posted, and let me know if you want more!

kroshka: Thank you for the congratulations. Hope you enjoyed the additional pictures that I posted, and if you want more, I'll do my best to oblige. =)

Maisie: Thank you for your well wishes, and for your nice compliments, which I will make sure to relay to my FI.

makeable: Thank you for the compliment and congratulations. I will pass on your sentiments to my fiancee.

missy: Thank you, missy! I will relay your nice compliment to FI.

Niel: I am gratified that the ring has your stamp of approval, as I respect your opinions tremendously. Thank you so much for all the nice things you wrote about the marquise stone, the setting, and how it looks on my fiancee’s hand. I will definitely share these words with her, and I am sure she will be flattered to hear it.

Yes I wasn't kidding when I said she loves pink! :)) The incorporation of pink diamonds was definitely the one aspect of the design that I was most certain of all along. It just wasn't immediately clear to me how to best feature this color in the setting. Caysie's design concept was brilliant, and I knew it was the right solution when I saw her first sketch.

purplesilk: Thank you for the compliment! "Amazing" is my FI's word of choice to describe her ring, too.

SparklySoprano: A great way to put it! Thank you.

sweetpea&babycorn: She is amazing, so she deserved an amazing ring. Thank you for your kind words about the ring and the proposal. It was a special moment for sure.

telephone89: Thank you for saying so!

tyty333: Thank you, I’m glad you like it. Yes, I was very lucky that this stone was on the market when I started my search, and that Niel brought it to my attention.

vintageinjune: Thank you! Yes, the proposal was perfect, which was especially amazing considering I had less than a month to plan it (with all the unexpected delays, I wanted to wait until the ring was in the final stages of production before pulling the trigger on Valentine’s weekend reservations...).

woofmama: Thank you for following my journey in RT, and for reading through my lengthy review on the Testimonials board. I'm glad you like the finished ring! And thank you for congratulating us, I will definitely share everybody’s kind words with my fiancee.

yanaazul: Yes, it was a long journey, but totally worth it in the end. Thank you for your congratulations and your nice words about the ring.

Finally, a big THANK YOU to Caysie and her team at CvB Inspired Design for bringing this ring to life. It was a pleasure and an honor to work with you!
:appl: :appl: :appl:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DRK14, WOW! I can't believe I missed this. I was telling Niel about a week ago that I wished you would come back and show us the finished ring. As soon as I saw the ring on Caysie Facebook page I knew this was your fiancées beautiful ring. After seeing the ring on her beautiful finger you can tell it was made especially for her. This ring was truly a labor of love on your part and I'm so glad you found the designer that say your vision for this beautiful ring. I wish you and your fiancée a wonderful life together.

drk14

Brilliant_Rock
Calliecake|1425259495|3840494 said:
DRK14, WOW! I can't believe I missed this. I was telling Niel about a week ago that I wished you would come back and show us the finished ring.
Calliecake,
Thank you so much for your well wishes and for your compliments. All the labor that went into this was truly worth it in the end. And thank you for your support in my old RT thread.

I didn't even realize that Niel had posted Caysie's pictures to the CvB thread already, lol. Sorry to keep you guys waiting for so long! I have just posted an update there.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
drk14|1425267791|3840554 said:
DRK14, WOW! I can't believe I missed this. I was telling Niel about a week ago that I wished you would come back and show us the finished ring.
Calliecake,
Thank you so much for your well wishes and for your compliments. All the labor that went into this was truly worth it in the end. And thank you for your support in my old RT thread.

I didn't even realize that Niel had posted Caysie's pictures to the CvB thread already, lol. Sorry to keep you guys waiting for so long! I have just posted an update there.

I wished the old thread was still around. I would have loved for your fiancée to see it. You put so much time and effort into finding the perfect ring for her. It was obvious how much you loved her and what she meant to you. You are very lucky to have each other.

artdecolover71

Brilliant_Rock
drk14-
what is the height from her finger to top of the stone? That is a number I always love hearing bc it is hard for me to tell from the pics- thanks!

drk14

Brilliant_Rock
artdecolover71|1425297180|3840650 said:
drk14-
what is the height from her finger to top of the stone? That is a number I always love hearing bc it is hard for me to tell from the pics- thanks!
I had told Caysie up to 8mm HOF would be ok based on other rings my fiancee wears. I'm pretty sure it ended up being 7mm.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh My Gosh, it is absolutely stunning! I can't tell you how much I have fallen in love with marquise stones and yours is amazing. Congratulations!! :love:

drk14

Brilliant_Rock
Catmom|1425313374|3840729 said:
Oh My Gosh, it is absolutely stunning! I can't tell you how much I have fallen in love with marquise stones and yours is amazing. Congratulations!! :love:
Thanks, Catmom! The ranks of the Marquise Appreciation Society are definitely swelling on PS. :))
CirqueDuMorte is due to come back soon, so hopefully he'll be posting more pictures of his fiancee's marquise solitaire.

lorrissey

Brilliant_Rock
everything about this ring is superb~! just gorgeous.

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Huge congrats to you and your fiancee, it is apparent that you truly and deeply love her and wanted to have something very special made for her that is what she loves and fits her style, your trying to make her happy is really touching, all the best to you two and it was lots of fun to read your threads on the making of this one of a kind ring.

aac2013

Shiny_Rock
I followed all the original discussions around the stone and ring design. This really turned out breathtakingly beautiful :appl:

artdecolover71

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the HOF- always a fun fact

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh wow.. how did I miss this when you first posted your amazing ring journey?? :o
What you chose is so beautiful.. the pink is so romantic.. the setting perfection.
Congrats!!!! May you both enjoy the ring (and each other) in happy times and good health!

maccers

Brilliant_Rock
Lovely! What an exciting project, and congratulations!

Talk about finger coverage!

drk14

Brilliant_Rock
drk14|1425267791|3840554 said:
Calliecake,

For any future readers who may be looking for the above referenced CvB thread, please note that as of March 26, 2015, it has been replaced by the "new & improved" CvB Eye-Candy thread, available at the following link:
https://www.pricescope.com/communit...-jewelry-the-new-cvb-eye-candy-thread.211825/

Enjoy! :bigsmile:

drk14

Brilliant_Rock
lorrissey: Thank you very much!

OVincze: That is very sweet of you to say, thank you.

aac2013: Thank you for following my journey, and for the nice compliment!

artdecolover71: You're welcome.

Rubies-R-Me: Thanks for the kind words and well wishes, we appreciate it!

maccers: Thank you, thank you! Yes the ring does have amazing presence IRL!

drk14

Brilliant_Rock
Even though we had a snow storm :o here on the first day of Spring, I was finally able to get some "real" flower pictures. I need to work more on my photography skills, but hopefully you will enjoy some of the new pictures posted below.

mqflower01.jpg

mqflower02.jpg

mqflower07.jpg

drk14

Brilliant_Rock
And a bonus hand shot: :love:

mq_handshot05.png

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for sharing new pictures! :love: I just wanted to say how beautiful the sides of the shank are leading up to the center. Caysie did a great job with the design of the whole ring!

minidancer

Shiny_Rock
Congrats to you and your fiancé! Beautiful ring :)) I love how the ring looks on her hand!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results