shape
carat
color
clarity

BGD Tapered Tiffany Paired with Tiffany's 1.7mm Bezet

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
I joined the BGD 6 Prong Tiffany Club :)

It was a hard decision, but I chose the tapered tiffany ring and I LOVE IT! I couldn't decide between the half round tiffany and the tapered tiffany. I post stalked Mrs. Blop's gorgeous yellow gold BGD tapered tiffany, Sundial's stunning BGD half round tiffany and Ame's amazing tapered tiffany and I wavered back and forth until I stumbled upon one of my first posts asking PS'er opinions on settings. In the post, I agreed that the tapered tiffany was perfect for me and after re-reading the post, I decided that I was right so I ordered it-LOL. I also love how the tapered tiffany looks great with a larger sized diamond like Mrs. Blop's (keeping hope alive for a major upgrade for me someday!). I was also really impressed by how much Ame, a jewelry perfectionist, loved it! Ame took amazing photos and better photos than me so here is the link to her post: https://www.pricescope.com/forum/sh...y-bgd-tapered-tiffany-setting-t209359-30.html

I just picked it up today.

First Impressions: I always felt more comfortable with a wider shank 2.4 or more, but this shank which looks delicate, feels substantial and super comfortable on my hand! My diamond does appear to be slightly larger than it was in my previous setting which was not tapered.

I chose the 1.7mm Tiffany Bezet to complete my classic set.

Why did I switch from my other setting? I loved my previous diamond setting from antiqueengagementrings.com, but when I received my Time Stealer (BGD Blue) after chipping my original diamond, it was a bit too big for the setting. Also, as the SAHM to toddler twin boys, I need some simplicity in my life. A classic tiffany setting with a platinum wedding band is perfect for me at this stage in my life! I love it!

Did I say that I love it? I love it!

Size 6.75
1.258 Brian Gavin Blue H VS2

I am so excited to post pictures on PS for show and tell ;-) .

screen_shot_2015-02-27_at_5.png

briangavin_tiffany_cwilson2b_022715.jpg

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love how your diamond glows in that 2nd pic! It looks perfect on your hand!

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, M-2-B!

Here are some more pics.

briangavin_tiffany_cwilson1b_022715.jpg

img_7229.jpg

img_7230.jpg

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Crystal, it's stunning!! You just can't go wrong with a Tiffany style solitaire! Classic AND classy. And your diamond seriously pops and glows. Excellent choice of the plain band, too. :love: Congratulations!!!

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
I ordered the Tiffany band online and still felt like I received a bit of the Tiffany experience. :appl:

img_7231.jpg

img_7232.jpg

img_7233.jpg

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
More pics

_27517.jpg

_27518.jpg

_27519.jpg

_27520.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is such an elegant and chique set!!! It looks great on you.
You made some great choices :love: :love: :love:

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
So classy! Love your set!

Vampira

Rough_Rock
Just gorgeous, and your set looks killer in the perspective shots! Congratulations!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Oh Crystal this is so exciting! Your ring looks incredible and is just sheer perfection on your lovely hand. I hope you wear it for many happy years. Congratulations and welcome to the Brian Gavin Tiffany solitaire club!!! And I wanted to add that it looks amazing with your new band. Gotta love those plain solitaire sets.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! You just can't beat this classic and timeless look. Glad you got the Tiffany experience and a very beautifully cut solitaire diamond!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is gorgeous, Crystal! :love: You can't go wrong with elegant and classic, that is my opinion! I love the fluorescence, too!

Rena7

Shiny_Rock
Your rings are so beautiful. I love that BGD blue as well, I would love to have one someday.

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
Crystal this is so perfect!!! I love that setting & paired with the bezet band, it's a timeless classic :love: So beautiful!!!

summerlove6

Rough_Rock
This is beautiful, and perfect for any stage of life IMO! Your set showcases the stone perfectly!!

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The simplest designs can be the most difficult to perfect. This is simply gorgeous! It suits your diamond well (love the fluor!) and the curves and flow all complement the entire setting. Wear it in good health and happiness!

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
Kristydarling- Thank you! I am totally loving the plain band. This is a different look for me compared to my previous set, but I am completely in love with it!

Acinom- Thank you so much! Surprisingly, it was quite difficult making a decision regarding my plain simple band :confused: Some were too thick and some were too thin for my liking, but this one felt just right. :lol:

Kathley, Vampira, MissGotRocks, Summerlove6, Woofmama, Rena7- Many thanks for your warm words and compliments!

Sundial- You are quite right, the journey to my simple solitaire set has been quite exciting. Hubby is certainly glad that this part of our 10 year anniversary is over. We agreed to split our (my?) 10 year anniversary present into 2 years. Setting this year and a diamond band next year on the actual anniversary. I am so smitten with the simplicity of the plain band that I may forgo the diamond band next year and get diamond earrings or a diamond pendant instead. I am so glad to be part of the club. :appl:

Diamondseeker2006, Mochiko42- Thanks for your kind words! I am a fluorescence fan! If I get the opportunity to upgrade size in the future, I will definitely get another diamond with fluor!

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it! So classic and elegant!

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous!!!!

Thanks for all the photos- looks just beautiful! Wow :love: :love: :love:

Really perfect that you went with the tiffany band- ouh lala. The whole set is perfection, wear it in good health!

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It's classic and beautiful! Love your set! I didn't know the width of the Bezet ring is so similar to bgd 6 prong's band.

Polished

Brilliant_Rock
A lovely choice, your rings look beautiful together - I love the slight gap between them. I related to your idea of wanting some simplicity in your life!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW! Now THAT'S a ring!

Crystal, ever since I had my diamond set in yellow gold, I've always wanted a second ring in platinum as well because I thought the flow from diamond to metal would be such a soft, elegant look. Your ring is everything I had thought that combination would be. It's eye-catching without being jarring and it sings rather than screams. I love understated rings. They're so easy to wear and they go with e-ver-y-thing!

I love the mirror hand shot. It looks so casually classy, and I think the stone size is perfect in showing enough of your finger so you can get the feel of the taper, while still having a substantial sparkly balancing it out perfectly in the middle. (and what a sparkly!!) And that Bezet underneath it is just perfect for complementing it - what a gorgeous match!

Congratulations - it's beautiful. :appl: :love:

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
I love both of your rings! :love:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Well done. Classic and elegant.

cheers--Sharon

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
Nala, Apacherose, TheCat, Lknvrb4, Canuk-Gal, Thanks for the gracious words! I am totally smitten with my set.

Mrs-Blop- Awww, thanks so much! Your consistent posts regarding how comfortable and versatile BGD's Tapered Tiffany setting is were instrumental in helping me to go ahead and select the setting for myself. I thought I was going to go with the setting in yellow gold- your set with the Tiffany 7 stone is just too perfect! However, when I tried on yellow gold rings on my engagement ring finger, the yellow gold didn't look right to me- weird, because most of my other jewelry is yellow gold. I am probably just used to seeing platinum on my engagement ring finger. I hope your platinum dreams come true and I can't wait to see your new sparkly in its new setting :)

Polished- I was nervous about the donut and the taper, but I happen to really like the slight separation of the bands. :)

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks just beautiful Crystal, very classic and elegant on your hand, a wonderful choice! :appl:

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
AAAAAAMAZING! It looks gorgeous! I love it with that band. I went to try that on locally and they didn't have it and would only bring it in if I'd pay for it up front. Our Tiffany store sucks. I ended up buying a 1.5mm elsewhere.

Man that's gorgeous!

SapphireStyle

Shiny_Rock
So very elegant. Wonderful choices!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your rings and diamond are absolutely gorgeous. Congratulations. :appl:

yanaazul

Shiny_Rock
That's just the perfect set. I love that you call your diamond the Time Stealer!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results