shape
carat
color
clarity

Should I Take A Chance?

walkersareit

Rough_Rock
I found what appears to be a great deal on an old european cut diamond (approximately 1 carat). The only information I have in making an informed decision are pics, dimensions (6.30 x 6.20 x 4.10), and an appraisal claiming color K and VS2 clarity. Would you go for it? I have read some threads where some of you took the risk and it paid off. Thoughts of what to scrutinize in a picture?

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
No one can answer your question with the limited information you have for the stone. If there is a good return policy, you can take the chance yourself & have it appraised on your own once you have it in hand. I would ask the vendor for more images & post them here so that those that are knowledgable of older cuts can give you their opinions. If you have the stone appraised at an appraiser you are comfortable with & get the green light from him or her, I would consider sending the stone in to be graded by GIA or AGS.

All the best. :))

walkersareit

Rough_Rock
ccuheartnurse|1425231903|3840253 said:
No one can answer your question with the limited information you have for the stone. If there is a good return policy, you can take the chance yourself & have it appraised on your own once you have it in hand. I would ask the vendor for more images & post them here so that those that are knowledgable of older cuts can give you their opinions. If you have the stone appraised at an appraiser you are comfortable with & get the green light from him or her, I would consider sending the stone in to be graded by GIA or AGS.

All the best. :))

Thanks ccuheartnurse. I wanted to post a pic, but I was concerned someone would snag it on ebay. Unfortunately, it was bought by someone else. Thanks for your response. Much appreciated with the little information given by me.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results