carat
color
clarity

True Confessions

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What's yours? :Up_to_something:

I just bought myself a $100 pair of knitting needles. They're 24k gold plated. The moment I saw them all reason flew out the window - I knew I wouldn't be leaving that shop without a pair in my bag. The gold adds absolutely nothing in the way of performance, it's just a little secret bling.

Your turn!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I kinda hate my dog.

He just licks. Everything. All the time. He knows I hate it. He'll lick himself, the floor, our kids feet, table legs. There's a baby gate for our living room we use to keep him out sometimes when, say, M is having a snack or people are over. When he wants in he just sits and licks the bars on the gate. He licks and lick until I go crazy and am forced to let him in the room. It sounds like someone stirring a pot of kraft mac and cheese....

He's always done it, but now I'm home all day with an infant and a 2 year old with a speech delay and its got me high strung.... Then that dog all day just sits there and licks. :wall: :wall: :wall: I just want to punch his adorable face in

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my gosh Niel. I just snorted my pizza reading your post. I didn't know you could snort pizza. Too funny..

I am a quilting project horder. I see a kit, with all the fabric and do dads in it and I just can't stop myself. I probably have 10, ranging from 100. to 250 each. I don't know when I will get them all done.

I totally get the gold knitting needles. I don't even knit and I would have probably wanted to buy them and learn.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
luv2sparkle|1425092305|3839554 said:
I totally get the gold knitting needles. I don't even knit and I would have probably wanted to buy them and learn.

Thanks, L2S - I feel better already!

Niel - Poor you! Poor pooch! We once found a stray St. Bernard roaming around outside my father's house. It wasn't inside for more than 5 minutes before I banished it to the sideyard and decided that no way, no how would my father be adopting this dog, even if we couldn't find its owners (my father was looking for a dog at the time). I absolutely could not tolerate the slobbering!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am addicted to searching and buying jewelry on Ebay.
I'm somewhat obsessive compulsive, and when I get going on something, sometimes I can't stop.
I have always been this way, searching for just the perfect item I want, no stone left unturned.
I searched for months, every day, morning, noon and night for the perfect pair of diamond studs.
Then I had to have a Murano glass ring. I ended up with 5 cause I just couldnt stop myself from looking every day.
Then there was the search for Wedgwood jasperware jewelry. And the perfect diamond pendant.
I am currently hunting down the perfect sapphire ring, even though i just acquired one a few weeks ago. It's like I'm not satisfied, ever.
I have so much jewelry, more than anybody should, and it's still not enough.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Niel|1425089880|3839525 said:
I kinda hate my dog.

He just licks. Everything. All the time. He knows I hate it. He'll lick himself, the floor, our kids feet, table legs. There's a baby gate for our living room we use to keep him out sometimes when, say, M is having a snack or people are over. When he wants in he just sits and licks the bars on the gate. He licks and lick until I go crazy and am forced to let him in the room. It sounds like someone stirring a pot of kraft mac and cheese....

He's always done it, but now I'm home all day with an infant and a 2 year old with a speech delay and its got me high strung.... Then that dog all day just sits there and licks. :wall: :wall: :wall: I just want to punch his adorable face in
Have you ruled out a medical issue? Sometimes compulsive behavior can be tied to something medical.

That being said, mouth noises drive me straight to the moon. DOG mouth noises are enough to make me insane. When my big dog sits at her water bowl and lazily drinks from her water bowl while I am sitting at the kitchen table, I sit through it as long as I possibly can. Some days I am not strong. My left eye begins to twitch, the muscle spasms start, and I just have to call her name and make her quit!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
House Cat|1425131050|3839706 said:
I kinda hate my dog.

Have you ruled out a medical issue? Sometimes compulsive behavior can be tied to something medical.

That being said, mouth noises drive me straight to the moon. DOG mouth noises are enough to make me insane. When my big dog sits at her water bowl and lazily drinks from her water bowl while I am sitting at the kitchen table, I sit through it as long as I possibly can. Some days I am not strong. My left eye begins to twitch, the muscle spasms start, and I just have to call her name and make her quit!

Its not medical, he's just a dick. Lol.

Yeah I'm the same. Drives me crazy! He uses it like other dogs use barking.

For example, if I'm sleeping and he wants me to get up hell come and lick my husbands pillow until I loose my mind.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I was so happy to discover that there's an actual name for an intolerance of sounds - misophonia! For me it's when people make repeated kissy noises. Like ... kiss a baby once, it's adorable! Kiss the baby 17 times in a row and I am making a physical effort to keep from grabbing her away to make it stop. Argh!

Rena7

Shiny_Rock
I can't stand a lot of different noises, one of the worst is people chewing.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
Niel|1425133840|3839716 said:
House Cat|1425131050|3839706 said:
I kinda hate my dog.

Its not medical, he's just a dick. Lol.

Yeah I'm the same. Drives me crazy! He uses it like other dogs use barking.

For example, if I'm sleeping and he wants me to get up hell come and lick my husbands pillow until I loose my mind.

Has your vet actually ruled out a medical condition? Excessive licking could be an indication of a serious neurological problem or something more common like gastric reflux, allergies, etc. If it's not medical, it's likely that he's not just being a dick (I know you were joking) - he's probably dealing with anxiety. I'm sure that you've probably already researched/investigated the problem and you didn't come here to solve it - I just wanted to say that it sounds awful (for both you and the dog). That would make me insane too!!!

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
My confession - I'm stalking another handbag (again). I got a pair of nude Valentino Rockstud shoes for Christmas and ever since, I've decided that I have to have a handbag to match (it's a pinky kind of nude color and difficult to match). I already have a nude handbag, but it bothers me that it's the wrong shade. I know, I know…. it's lame :oops:

Oh, and my other confession is that I'm so darn tired of seeing stuff on that "what color is this dress" - I don't get the fascination with it and I'm ready for it to go away now :wall: :wall: :wall:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh I love this thread and am running out of time right now but the first thing that comes to mind re my big true confession is I worry about almost everything. Not a great way to be and I am working on it every step of the way believe me. It is not easy to change one's mindset but I am not giving up.

I also love a project so after a big purchase I feel let down and need to start hunting again for something almost immediately. LOL. I guess I am obsessed with the hunt more than anything.

Oh and I sort of want to kill Bobby at times so I relate to your post Niel. He drives me nuts with his constant meowing for no reason. He had a difficult childhood before we adopted him and I imagine that's where his constant neediness comes from but it is exhausting. Almost non stop at some times. MEOOOW, MEEEOOOW, MEEEOOOW. OMGOMGOMG. :wall: :wall: :wall:

That and the way for no reason at all he will swipe at you and cut you. I could be petting him with him purring up a storm and then BAM, he swipes at me. Same with when I am feeding him. We have nicknamed him psycho kitty with good reason. You have to be on alert at all times with him. But fortunately I do love him though I do want to kill him at times LOL.

_327.jpeg

April20

Ideal_Rock
Rena7|1425136007|3839724 said:
I can't stand a lot of different noises, one of the worst is people chewing.

I hate this noise. My MIL is a loud eater/chewer. I always make sure I am not seated next to her at meals or I lose my mind. She is so, so loud.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haha Missy I'm glad you know what I mean.

My Mort is a cav and that breed is notoriously needy. He follows me at my feet all the time. He has to sit right next to me all the time. When I was single (*cough cough lonely*) I loved it. He'd sit on my lap all day and it was adorable. Now with two kids it's like "bah Mort go away!"

He still gets all his needed attention from M or my Dh so don't feel bad for him.

260434_10150241502401801_6018661_n.jpg

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've got the most heinous confession of all, Pricescope-wise.

After many years as a die-hard, real-diamonds-only woman, in the last few weeks I've found a source of beautiful fake jewelry, and I'm wearing them with a huge amount of enjoyment. In my defense, so are the uk's royal family and other celebs. Via the style blogs about the european ladies that I follow, and the Royal Jewels thread here, I found this company. The 20% tax gets taken off. The stones shoot colored fire and the settings are delicate and lovely.....honestly, I never, ever thought I could wear fakes, but these are completely fantastic, and are apparently worn by a lot of celebs because insurance is so high now for borrowed jewelry. The duchesses of Wessex and Cambridge in Britain have been spotted in a number of their items, and George Clooney's wife recently wore some of their earrings. The company told me that they're made by a jeweler in London's Hatton Garden who makes expensive real jewelry too, but uses the same settings except in silver, and high-quality CZ. Thought I didn't like fakes, but it turns out I just don't like mediocre fakes. There's even a chart on the website to convert the size into carat weight if it was real, hahaaa! :D

www.heavenlynecklaces.com

I have not, and would not, post any of these things on PS. I've got the emerald-cut three stone ring in "diamond" and "sapphire", the emerald-cut full eternity, the pear drop earrings, the rose dangle earrings, the double rose necklace and the rose bracelet, and the three-stone "diamond" ring. Also, the "diamond" and pearl drop earrings that the two British royal ladies have worn. In my opinion these are the most real-looking of them all. I'd never have known.

So that's my secret. After being a longtime real-stone lover, I'm rocking some really beautiful fakes with pride.

I feel dirty.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This thread is hysterical!

Niel, My furbaby licks my husband often and it drives him crazy, she will sit on his lap and just lick his hand. She never does this to me. She will give me a couple kisses but never the constant licking. She also licks her favorite toy often and his pillow once in a while. I'm home with her during the day and she is never left alone for more than a few hours so I'm pretty sure she has some separation anxiety issues. She goes to dog daycare if I'm going out for the day. The first vet I took her to wanted to put her on doggie Prozac when she was two months old. I never took her there again.

Missy, I also worry about everything and it seems to have gotten worse the older I get :wall: I probably didn't need to you this though. I'm sure you have already figured that out.

Mom Happy, Please, please buy the bag and post a picture. I LOVE hearing about your bags :love:

Jambalya, You are hysterical. I wish I could fall in love with fakes! I just tried to order the 3 stone Emerald cut and they are sold out of my style. I figured I could always give it to a friend if I didn't like it. Some of the items look gorgeous on line!

I am a clothing addict. I buy multiples of the same items more than I care to admit. It wouldn't be a huge problem if I wore everything I purchased, but it never fails at the end of a season there many, many items I have never worn. The next seaon I just keep buying more.
You know it's bad when men you work with ask you if you own a million dresses!

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Callie, seriously, if a diamond snob and purist like me can love a fake, anyone can. It hasn't inspired me to buy any other fakes; I only like fakes from this company. Dare you to buy something and then tell me you don't love it!

Edit: Honestly, I don't know what's the matter with my brain. Just seen that you did try to buy something! Yeah, they're discontinuing the emerald cut ring, but did you see the same one in sapphire? (Central sapphire with two side stones.) As you say, they are lovely online and also in real life. I'd post mine for you to see, but I don't think we're allowed to do that on PS with fakes. You said about giving the ring away if you don't love it; well, since most people aren't jewelry nuts like we are on PS, I've found this company a great source for gifts. I bulk-bought a few items to save on shipping.

Missy, I also worry about everything. I worry about developing any and all diseases that my parents and grandparents had.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
missy|1425148370|3839790 said:
Ooh I love this thread and am running out of time right now but the first thing that comes to mind re my big true confession is I worry about almost everything. Not a great way to be and I am working on it every step of the way believe me. It is not easy to change one's mindset but I am not giving up.

I also love a project so after a big purchase I feel let down and need to start hunting again for something almost immediately. LOL. I guess I am obsessed with the hunt more than anything.

Oh and I sort of want to kill Bobby at times so I relate to your post Niel. He drives me nuts with his constant meowing for no reason. He had a difficult childhood before we adopted him and I imagine that's where his constant neediness comes from but it is exhausting. Almost non stop at some times. MEOOOW, MEEEOOOW, MEEEOOOW. OMGOMGOMG. :wall: :wall: :wall:

That and the way for no reason at all he will swipe at you and cut you. I could be petting him with him purring up a storm and then BAM, he swipes at me. Same with when I am feeding him. We have nicknamed him psycho kitty with good reason. You have to be on alert at all times with him. But fortunately I do love him though I do want to kill him at times LOL.

Missy - we sound very similar in some ways. I worry all the time too. I know it's not productive, but it doesn't keep me from doing it :(sad
I also find myself "hunting" almost all of the time. I've always got a project (whether it's jewelry, a new handbag, or a new pair of shoes), I enjoy the hunt and begin again almost even before the last one is over. I'm kind of embarrassed to admit that actually - it makes me sound very shallow :oops:

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DH slurps. Alot. Coffee, tea, soup, anything wet. Of course it drives me nuts. I won't say anything though. I dont wanna hurt his feelings, so I kinda slink out of the room sometimes---Shhhhh--don't tell him.....

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love this thread too!

Jambalaya, don't feel too bad. I ordered a 3 carat cushion and eternity band fake set just the other day. I can hardly wait till it gets here. Before I had a lot of real diamond pieces I bought quite a few fakes, trying to see what style and shape I would like in the real thing. After I had a few real pieces I completely lost interest in wearing them. In fact, I couldn't even get myself to wear them anymore. All of a sudden I have rediscovered them and I am enjoying wearing them.

It won't stop me from loving the real stuff. Embrace your dirty girl side, lol.

I ordered several hundred dollars worth of It cosmetics today. I hope I don't love them all. I found a new QVC channel on Dish today. I must back away. I haven't done that in a very long time. Although I did get a lovely pair of Judith Ripka earrings a couple days ago. I love them.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We got a new kitten before Christmas called Zig who is seriously nuts he has a schizophrenic personality and you never know until its too late if you are going to get nice kitty or psycho biting scratching kitty. Nothing sets him off he has no middle ground he is either nice cat or evil cat. It's lucky he is loveable 1/3 of the time and asleep the other 1/3 if we had evil cat all the time I would not deal with it.

To make matters worse we have 5 Scottish Terriers that love to sit at the back door. Zig's favourite thing to do to irritate everyone in the house apart from jumping into the toilet (which really grosses me out too) is to run up and down the back glass doors making the dogs go nuts. Two dogs in particular go crazy barking loudly like mad and this can happen for a long period of time at any time of the night or day and the more they bark the more the cat loves it and continues to stir them up.... It happens many times during the day, and sometimes during the night. I am trying to train the dogs to ignore him so now not only does he run up and down the line of glass doors he pretends he is beating the ones that bark at him up through the glass or he smacks toys and things they might like over near the glass to make them bark. Every other cat we have owned hated and was afraid of barking dogs this one, psycho cat loves it.

He also tries to get out the back door to beat them up in real life. So now I have to watch everyone coming in and out that back door because he rushes to try and get out.... Which is a joke because I have one young Scottie that I allow in to play with Zig the other 4, 3 in particular would rip him to shreds in under a minute (Scottish Terriers were original bred to hunt and kill weasels and little Zig sized animals, some of them have a very strong hunting and killing instinct). So not only is he schizo he is delusional as well (thinks he is going to take out 5 stocky sized dogs 3 of whom want to kill him, on his own).

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
VRBeauty|1425089132|3839517 said:

I just bought myself a $100 pair of knitting needles. They're 24k gold plated. The moment I saw them all reason flew out the window - I knew I wouldn't be leaving that shop without a pair in my bag. The gold adds absolutely nothing in the way of performance, it's just a little secret bling.

Your turn!

Several years ago, I bought a set of $60 needles that were safe to take on flights. They came in a pink case for breast cancer awareness and back then I was big into buying things and donating money and time to that cause. Confession: I've never used them! Like, not even once. i'm not a huge knitter but I thought they'd be good for flying if I wanted to knit while traveling.

One more: I would rather just be alone for 5 minutes than be greeted by a total circus coming home from work at night. I need a minute before hugs/being jumped on by the dog/being kissed. It makes me want to sit in the car for a minute but that isn't possible because the dog hears me pull up and alerts everyone anyway so they know I'm out there! :blackeye: I might be a horrible person for this. I think I've given up my "me" time forever and that sometimes really depresses me. It's like, work, traffic, home...I need a buffer in between! These days I walk in and don't usually sit down for another 2 hours, not even to use the restroom! :(sad But I love them!!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
momhappy|1425159624|3839873 said:
missy|1425148370|3839790 said:

Missy - we sound very similar in some ways. I worry all the time too. I know it's not productive, but it doesn't keep me from doing it :(sad
I also find myself "hunting" almost all of the time. I've always got a project (whether it's jewelry, a new handbag, or a new pair of shoes), I enjoy the hunt and begin again almost even before the last one is over. I'm kind of embarrassed to admit that actually - it makes me sound very shallow :oops:

Hi momhappy, yes it seems we are similar that way. I have always been a worrier and in fact worry about the fact I am a worrier LOL. How's that for a vicious cycle. :oops: I also LOVE the "hunt" and yes even when I am not yet completely finished with a project I start thinking about the next "hunt". LOL. I guess we PSers have much in common and that is what draws us here.

And I do not think it makes you(or anyone here) sound shallow at all. It just means we have active minds and enjoy pursuing challenges and whether that be the challenge a new hobby or intellectual pursuit or charitable activity etc it doesn't matter. We enjoy engaging in activities that bring us pleasure and nothing wrong or superficial about it IMO. Enjoy and please keep posting about your experiences and the pics that come along with your lovely new purchases. :appl:

Niel, I LOVE the pics you posted of your sweet baby. :love:

Jambalaya, hugs to you. Enjoy your jewelry whether real or a fabulous fake. NO judgments here! I'm jealous because I don't think I could pull it off. ENJOY!

And for all you like minded worriers out there...sending you big (((Hugs))). Sometimes we are too hard on ourselves and I wish for all of us a happy and healthy 2015 filled with much less worry and much more happiness and lots of bling! :wavey:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
monarch64|1425185386|3840025 said:
VRBeauty|1425089132|3839517 said:

Your turn!

Several years ago, I bought a set of $60 needles that were safe to take on flights. They came in a pink case for breast cancer awareness and back then I was big into buying things and donating money and time to that cause. Confession: I've never used them! Like, not even once. i'm not a huge knitter but I thought they'd be good for flying if I wanted to knit while traveling.

One more: I would rather just be alone for 5 minutes than be greeted by a total circus coming home from work at night. I need a minute before hugs/being jumped on by the dog/being kissed. It makes me want to sit in the car for a minute but that isn't possible because the dog hears me pull up and alerts everyone anyway so they know I'm out there! :blackeye: I might be a horrible person for this. I think I've given up my "me" time forever and that sometimes really depresses me. It's like, work, traffic, home...I need a buffer in between! These days I walk in and don't usually sit down for another 2 hours, not even to use the restroom! :(sad But I love them!!!

Monny:

Do you have a park near to your house? Could you not just take 5 minutes there before coming home? Climb the bars, swing or slide. You'll feel like a kid again, and ready for your evening.

cheers--Sharon

PS If I were to post my true confession I would never be allowed back here again!! :lol:

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Monarch64....A bit of time to yourself between work and home? Let me count the ways :naughty:

I recommend going to the post office. An old boss of mine used to "go to the post" every day at 5pm. To be fair, he did leave the office with some mail in his hand. But the mail took a second to be put in the mailbox, and the next half hour was spent blissfully sipping a drink at a bar that happened to be opposite the post office. But these days, the lines at the post office are awfully long, know what I'm saying?

And the traffic these days...Jeez. See above.

And if all else fails, I have always found refuge in the smallest room in the house!

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Monarch- can you go to the gym between work at home? Aside from the fitness aspect, an hour of peace and quiet has been my motivation to work out lately. And with a 4 week old and a 2.5 year old, I really need that hour for my sanity.

And (confession)- an added bonus is that means DH is alone with both kids for an hour.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Sharon and Jambalaya for your kind replies!

Sharon: there is a park just across the street from where I work. Unfortunately it is typically overrun by our town's homeless population due to gentrification and is not the safest place to stop and rest for a moment. Your idea is great advice, though! I frequently stop at a grocery store on my way home, but even that is not a stress-free environment after dealing with parking and the busy-ness of the place with so many others on their way from work to home. The place is always buzzing at that hour and not a peaceful respite. I appreciate your suggestion; thanks again!

Jambalaya: the P.O. is closed by the time I leave work, unfortunately. It's very close, though! :(( And the "smallest room" suggestion is a good one. Sadly, I must lock the door these days to avoid a toddler walking in on me and trying to share the moment because of potty training and general curiosity. When I DO lock the door, there is furious activity happening just outside and it still isn't very relaxing. LOL!

I was in a cab Friday and the driver was listening to a relaxation CD or station. The most bizarre things were being said in the loveliest voice/tone. It was very odd, but as other drivers were nearly missing us and honking, I quickly realized why he found it necessary to have some auditory sort of meditation happening. "Imagine you have a strip of Velcro. Now attach it to 7 people." ??? Hilarious, but I did take note and now I think it might behoove me to find myself something similar I can listen to on the drive home.

I will search for a relaxation/meditation CD when I find some time (aside from typing away on PS) and try it. I shall report back! Thanks again to you both for your suggestions!

Jennifer W

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Circe|1425134905|3839719 said:
I was so happy to discover that there's an actual name for an intolerance of sounds - misophonia! For me it's when people make repeated kissy noises. Like ... kiss a baby once, it's adorable! Kiss the baby 17 times in a row and I am making a physical effort to keep from grabbing her away to make it stop. Argh!
I'm relieved that this is an actual real thing. :bigsmile:

My confession is that I just spent more money than could ever be reasonable...on a deerhound puppy. They get quite big. DH obviously knows we have a new dog, but he *might* not fully appreciate that it is a tiny puppy and not in fact the full grown article...

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on your new furbaby Jennifer!

Jennifer W

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Calliecake|1425236281|3840286 said:
Congratulations on your new furbaby Jennifer!
Thank you! She's an absolute sweetheart. Snuggly, friendly, sweet baby. I'm totally in love.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results