shape
carat
color
clarity

My new unset Emerald 2.34 cts 8mm ascher cut

Mrs_Ace

Rough_Rock
:shifty: So wise ladies of pricescope, how should I set this emerald so the bottom doesn't look so see through? It's my first Emerald, completely natural(untreated) and not the best, but its mine and I love it! Let me know what you'd think is best setting wise. Thank you!

_27464.jpg

_27465.jpg

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here are my suggestions:

1310590733_10_1_4303__2_of_4_.jpg

images__2_.jpg

3_adsemeralddiamondring.jpg

deco_step_octagon_aqua_and_diamond_ringa.jpg

Looking forward to see the end result.

DK :))

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would definitely get a ring with a heavy gallery, or a u-prong style with metal underneath, in order to conceal the window you speak of.

treasurehunter

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Sorry to say this.
I wouldnt bother setting it in Jewellery..

In my opinion its better to get a good quality Sapphire or other Coloured stone than a commercial quality emerald

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Something with a heavy gallery, cup or plate will make the window less obvious.

Sphene

Brilliant_Rock
Mrs_Ace|1424978576|3838614 said:
:shifty: So wise ladies of pricescope, how should I set this emerald so the bottom doesn't look so see through? It's my first Emerald, completely natural(untreated) and not the best, but its mine and I love it! Let me know what you'd think is best setting wise. Thank you!

What country of origin is the Emerald?

Mrs_Ace

Rough_Rock
I don't remember what country the seller said it was from. I kept going back in my emails( bought it a long time ago) but I couldn't find it.

Mrs_Ace

Rough_Rock
Thank you all for taking out of your time to reply! :) DK I really love the first one you posted,do you think with the stones color rose gold would look good? I have a local jeweler who works pretty cheap, and he can do almost anything- I like the idea of a heavy gallery and a plate underneth.

Treasurehunter- you're not the only who thinks its not worth setting, my mom even offered me her antique emerald ring just so "I wouldn't waist my time" setting this one. But I really like, it the surface has no scratches or chips and I got it for dirt cheap, so I don't mind forking over the setting cost, wich I can eventually use for another stone.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love that first setting.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mrs_Ace|1425050460|3839115 said:
Thank you all for taking out of your time to reply! :) DK I really love the first one you posted,do you think with the stones color rose gold would look good? I have a local jeweler who works pretty cheap, and he can do almost anything- I like the idea of a heavy gallery and a plate underneth.

Treasurehunter- you're not the only who thinks its not worth setting, my mom even offered me her antique emerald ring just so "I wouldn't waist my time" setting this one. But I really like, it the surface has no scratches or chips and I got it for dirt cheap, so I don't mind forking over the setting cost, wich I can eventually use for another stone.

It would look nice in 10k rose gold, and that would keep it lower cost. I've reused settings as well for stones I eventually tired of. I think as long as you love it, and you said you know it's not the best, who cares what people think. In this thread you're not asking people to judge your stone, but how to set it. :)

You could even do silver if you wanted to. I have some stones set in silver, and I think that's a great option, although many here would gasp. I hate gold prices these days.

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
I like your stone regardless of it being only commercial. And as you say, it is yours.

I also love working in 999fine silver; since it is not worth a thousand dollars it is fun and stress free.
I agree rose gold would help the stone stand out. A bit of green gold fashioned as a reflector in the gallery under the stone could also help manage the window.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Silver band and yellow or Rose gold bezel?

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I believe rose gold will accentuate the green in the emerald in the Lang Antique's setting (the first one).

Good luck with choosing the setting, and I look forward to seeing the finished ring.

DK :))

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results