shape
carat
color
clarity

ABOUT TO PURCHASE THIS DIAMOND-Just want to be 100%

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Melissa, you are very wise to get additional confirmation! I am so glad your journey is leading you to a really nice quality diamond!

I do want to say to those who will reply that I looked through a LOT of other vendors to find stones for her. Yes, we don't have an idealscope image, but this stone has perfect numbers and has a high probability of being great or at least one of the best GIA EX stones. I did look through the BN Signature stones and the only one that fit her minimum specs was over $500 more. She is in Canada so she will apparently get free shipping which helps her stay on budget. She would have less to spend if buying in US dollars. I did go to VS2 because we can't see the clarity. But even in looking at US stones that were SI1 and had images, most were over budget. So please understand that this stone was narrowed down as the best prospect from looking at about 5-6 other vendors.

melissa8585

Rough_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1425052507|3839139 said:
Melissa, you are very wise to get additional confirmation! I am so glad your journey is leading you to a really nice quality diamond!

I do want to say to those who will reply that I looked through a LOT of other vendors to find stones for her. Yes, we don't have an idealscope image, but this stone has perfect numbers and has a high probability of being great or at least one of the best GIA EX stones. I did look through the BN Signature stones and the only one that fit her minimum specs was over $500 more. She is in Canada so she will apparently get free shipping which helps her stay on budget. She would have less to spend if buying in US dollars. I did go to VS2 because we can't see the clarity. But even in looking at US stones that were SI1 and had images, most were over budget. So please understand that this stone was narrowed down as the best prospect from looking at about 5-6 other vendors.

You are amazing Diamondseeker!!!! I have a really good feeling about this stone. I feel it is the best value for money. Total Canadian is under $2200 including all taxes and fees. My boyfriend is out right now trying to find one similiar and told him not to bother and it is very unlikly he will find like, kind and quality.

Thanks again for all your help and guidance :)

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You are very sweet, Melissa, and I am just happy you came here for help! Trust me, I learned the hard way as long ago we just went into a jewelry store and bought a ring without any grading (wasn't so common back then). Many years later my husband said he would get me a new diamond ring for an anniversary, and thankfully I found PS before buying again. Once I discovered Excellent/Ideal cut diamonds, I realized how far my old diamond was from that standard. I tried but could not find diamonds of this quality locally. They had lower quality for higher prices. So I am happy to help others find a diamond that you can be proud of for a lifetime! You will likely have a diamond that is better cut than most or all of your friends!

One other bit of advice, diamonds look best when clean! So you might want to get jar of jewelry cleaner (something like this:
http://www.amazon.com/Connoisseurs-Jewelry-Cleaner-Precious-oz/dp/B000QA2IHC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1425053490&sr=8-1&keywords=conniseur+jewelry+cleaner ) and try to soak your ring a couple of times a week, brush the sides of the stone, and rinse with hot water. It will stay sparkly and beautiful if you do that! Once and awhile you can have it cleaned in a jewelry store ultrasonic, too!

blackprophet

Brilliant_Rock
I think the diamond looks great.

DS is this diamond a bluenile in house stone?
Melissa are you in the Toronto area?

The only reason I ask is that you might be able to get this diamond from US Certed for cheaper (Martin is located in the GTA). Save you some more money to go towards your setting. If you ware willing to take the risk.

If you are not, or its an in house bluenile stone, I say buy.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
blackprophet|1425055552|3839185 said:

The only reason I ask is that you might be able to get this diamond from US Certed for cheaper (Martin is located in the GTA). Save you some more money to go towards your setting. If you ware willing to take the risk.

I think it is not in-house because it is not a BN Signature stone. So that is a good idea, BP!

Melissa, you can get the report number off the GIA report (and the color, clarity, and weight to be sure they are looking up the right stone), and call USA Certed and ask them if they can get the stone for a better price. Don't tell them the price you have until they tell you a price, though. Make sure they do free shipping and have a return policy, too!

http://www.usacerteddiamonds.com/usagia/index3.html

melissa8585

Rough_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1425055978|3839191 said:
blackprophet|1425055552|3839185 said:

I think it is not in-house because it is not a BN Signature stone. So that is a good idea, BP!

Melissa, you can get the report number off the GIA report (and the color, clarity, and weight to be sure they are looking up the right stone), and call USA Certed and ask them if they can get the stone for a better price. Don't tell them the price you have until they tell you a price, though. Make sure they do free shipping and have a return policy, too!

http://www.usacerteddiamonds.com/usagia/index3.html

Who is Martin? I'm confused. Won't USA certed give me the price in US dollars? Won't I have to pay an exchange rate?

melissa8585

Rough_Rock
Never mind, I just called and spoke with Martin and he told me that is a lovely diamond and will do his best to get it for me. If he can't get it for me, he will work his magic and get one similiar in my price point.

I can't thank you guys enough!! :)

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
melissa8585|1425057903|3839205 said:
Never mind, I just called and spoke with Martin and he told me that is a lovely diamond and will do his best to get it for me. If he can't get it for me, he will work his magic and get one similiar in my price point.

I can't thank you guys enough!! :)

That is great but if he suggests another stone, please post it here before deciding!

melissa8585

Rough_Rock
Oh you know I will!!! :)

melissa8585

Rough_Rock
Hi GUYSSSS

So Martin said that diamond was great but he didn't like the feathering clarity characteristics. So he found me an even better diamond for $2220 ALL IN. (Other one was $2190 all in) but with this one I get the benefit of having him spend a half an hour with me with the diamond examining it under microscope and showing me all the information. The depth on this one is also a little more shallow making the diamond appear bigger than the other one. I really think this is a no brainer.

Here is the info:
January 27, 2015
GIA Report Number ....................................................... 1166968999
Shape and Cutting Style ........................................... Round Brilliant
Measurements ............................................... 5.47 - 5.48 x 3.34 mm
Carat Weight ........................................................................ 0.60 carat
Color Grade ......................................................................................... I
Clarity Grade .................................................................................... VS2
Cut Grade ............................................................................... Excellent
Polish ..................................................................................... Excellent
Symmetry .............................................................................. Excellent
Fluorescence ............................................................................... None
Clarity Characteristics................................................ Crystal, Needle

Crown is 34.5%
Pavillion is 40.8%
Depth 61.1%

pfunk

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Table %?

Edit: I looked up the report number. Indeed it looks good to me. Hopefully the crystals are not black but even if they are, at VS2 you shouldn't see them. Diamond looks good to me.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results