shape
carat
color
clarity

Id Jewelry found me a winner!

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
I loved my antique cushion but had always wanted a well cut RB. I was in love with the solitaire thread and the solitaires with plain wedding band thread. I knew that I liked the simplicity and clean lines that a RB solitaire could offer me. I took the plunge and sent off my cushion halo to JBG to be consigned. (It is listed on her website if interested ;-) )

I thought that finding a well cut RB would be an easy task, I was never so wrong. I did not have a huge budget so I had started off looked at K in color diamonds. I figured I could be happy with that and almost pulled the trigger on a BGD Blue, but decided to to hold off. I have to say they do have excellent customer service and I would not hesitate to buy from them either. I looked around at a couple other online vendors and was not impressed by their customer service at all and was disappointed. I then decided to reach out to Luann at Id Jewelry because I know many others on here have had great success with using them. I am so glad I did and you will not be disappointed if you give them a chance. I originally asked about a diamond they had listed but it ended up not being the quality I was looking for. Luann said she could find something for me and even though it was Valentines week and they were busy, she still pulled it off for me. I was impressed how quickly she found me a suitable diamond and it was a J in color as well. It was also a diamond from overseas, so if I wanted it, it was not refundable. I got a picture from their source and was assured it was a stunning diamond and eye clean, I was brave and went ahead.

Needless to say, I am so thankful I did. I am blown away by how beautiful my new diamond is and I could not be more happy with it. I wanted a simple six prong solitaire setting similar to the Vatche U113, or the BGD six prong head. I was on a limited budget, so Id Jewelry was able to have something made for me that cost a lot less.

Now on to the good stuff:
GIA#2161845936
1.51 J SI1
Triple X
HCA 1.3
Very Strong Blue Fluorescence
7.39x7.41x4.55
Ring size 5

It really does look white most of the time, I have not seen any tint of color. I do notice a blue/purple look to it a little bit outside but more so in the gym at my school I work at. I am very happy with my J and can't imagine paying more for a higher color.

2015-02-26_07.jpg

2015-02-25_14.jpg

2015-02-26_14.jpg

2015-02-25_0.jpg

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Of course I have more.

2015-02-25_1.jpg

2015-02-26_0.jpg

2015-02-26_10.jpg

2015-02-26_13.jpg

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Some outside shots

2015-02-26_1.jpg

2015-02-26_2.jpg

2015-02-26_3.jpg

2015-02-26_4.jpg

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Last ones....I promise!

2015-02-25_2.jpg

2015-02-26_5.jpg

2015-02-26_6.jpg

2015-02-25_07.jpg

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks classic and gorgeous on you! :appl:

So what are your thoughts on the different cuts (pear vs cushion vs RB) now that you've had all three?

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
m-2-b|1425036678|3838972 said:
It looks classic and gorgeous on you! :appl:

So what are your thoughts on the different cuts (pear vs cushion vs RB) now that you've had all three?

I liked the pear because of how large it was but the sparkle factor was missing for me. If I could have afforded to keep my cushion for a RHR, I would have because it was very sparkly and the chunky facets really did win me over. There is something to be said though for a well cut RB, they just knock your socks off. My first ering was a RB from a mall store. Of course this was pre-Pricescope so I knew nothing.

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock
Oh honestly! That is so gorgeous I am so smitten!

Fabulous :appl: Here on pricescope I have seen so many beautiful mrb's- I think, at least in photos- 'J' in a well cut mrb is a complete sweet spot for me- just beautiful. Looks great on you, well done! I hope I get to work with IDJ someday- they seem fantastic.

eirwen

Rough_Rock
Stunning ring! I love SBF now!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a gorgeous MRB. :love: It looks beautiful on you! Classic and elegant. Enjoy in health and happiness!

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my goodness, this is just gorgeous! The crisp and beautiful faceting is amazing..

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It's classic and gorgeous. Love all the pastel colors in the diamond. So pretty :appl:

kmarla

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow, your new diamond is stunning and looks perfect in it's classic setting :love:

natascha

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful diamond and ring!

Also noticed a gorgeous watch in one of the photos, might I ask where it is form? :D

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So fab :love: IDJ is awesome :appl:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful choice!!! So classic and versatile. A solitaire looks wonderful on you. I loved your cushion ring as well :love:
This is such a versatile ring. Is that a band with french cuts? :appl:
Enjoy wearing the ring in the different combinations.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So beautiful. You are a brave girl to just take the step and make the change. So glad you love your new stone. It looks stunning on you!!

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow what a beautiful stone and the setting is so classic. IDJ did a great job finding you what you wanted!

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So beautiful! I see almost no tint even in the profile view. And that fluor is awesome!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring - so glad that they were able to find you something that you love!

While I can certainly appreciate the look of an old cut, there is nothing for me like a well cut round brilliant stone! It looks fabulous on you! Congrats!

artdecolover71

Brilliant_Rock
beautiful-so classic!

PattyCo

Brilliant_Rock
Your ring is so beautiful. And I love how the fluorescence make is glow!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous! Cant go wrong with a pretty solitaire!

vintageinjune

Brilliant_Rock
I love it when the pieces finally come together, beautiful ring, thank you for sharing your journey with us, and the photos too!

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it. Great choice!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A beautiful classic ring!.. :love: Congrats!.. :appl:

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
That diamond is gorgeous :love: I think you made a fantastic choice & it looks absolutely smashing on your hand! I was surprised when you gave up your pear, such a lovely stone, but completely understood the how hard it is to resist wanting everything you see on PS.

Having followed your diamond quest thru the last three rings, I really think you nailed it with this stone. It's a fantastic size on your hand, the facets look so perfect, smart choice on color/clarity & I love the VSBF. Great classic setting.

I have been very, very strongly considering an MRB in exactly the specs you bought. I get caught up looking at fancies but then a post like this comes up & all I want is a perfect MRB.

Love!!! Congratulations :appl:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wondered what you were getting! It is beautiful! :love: All these rings posted with strong fluorescence make me so jealous!!! I love it so much!

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
A Winner Indeed! Gorgeous diamond! Classic, beautiful setting! Looks great on you! :appl:

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! Life's too short for only one diamond! I am a big fan of your previous ring, but I can understand why you wanted a change. It's lovely!

SparklySoprano

Brilliant_Rock
Really beautiful! I love the sparkly rounds, too. Congrats! Enjoy!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results