shape
carat
color
clarity

Three-Stone Bezel Reset - David Klass

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It's gorgeous! From one 3 stone lover to another, you created a stunning ring! The color of the gold is yummy and the bezels and basket design are TDF!! Nice job! Enjoy "her" in health and happiness! :love: :love:

cokitty

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It is lovely, congratulations.

cokitty

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It is lovely, congratulations.

yanaazul

Shiny_Rock
Thanks yennyfire and cokitty! yennyfire, that reminds me I should add this to the three-stone thread!

vintageinjune

Brilliant_Rock
Oh myyyy, that is just beautiful! I saw the pictures on DKs FB page and thought it was gorgeous, I LOVE that it's a PSers! :appl: He did a fabulous job, and it's so wonderful to hear that you're completely smitten with it. I love the ring DK made for me with that gorgeous and delicate milgrain in the gallery, it's just drool worthy and looks smashing in that yellow gold!

artdecolover71

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful!! Love the details.

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock
What an amazing ring. Great choices and DK did a beautiful job- this ring has a lot of presence but the details are all delicate and balanced and -wow- how stunning on your hand. Love it with the blue, as well- yum. Well done :love: :love: :love:

yanaazul

Shiny_Rock
Thank you vintageinjune, artdecolover71, and apacherose!

vintageinjune said:
I love the ring DK made for me with that gorgeous and delicate milgrain in the gallery, it's just drool worthy and looks smashing in that yellow gold!

Wait, are you saying that your ring is my inspiration ring? Even if not, I don't see any topics from you, please post your DK ring!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Its so beautiful! I love the profile!

luvsdmb

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, very pretty! He does a great job.

yanaazul

Shiny_Rock
Thank you tyty333 and luvsdmb! I've now spammed the David Klass, Bezel, and Yellow Gold threads! :lol:

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
What a stunning ring! Gorgeous details and perfect proportions! Enjoy!
:love: :love: :love:

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
So beautiful & amazing detail, I LOVE the YG!!! In your handshots with your bands, watch & bracelet it's so gorgeous :love: I like the mixed metals & the sapphire band pops!!! I'm a huge fan of bezels, I want a three stone & am loving seeing YG being used more often.
DK is a designer that I would love to work with.

Congratulations & enjoy your beautiful set :appl:

yanaazul

Shiny_Rock
Thank you CRYSTAL24K and woofmama!

I didn't do any unboxing shots, but I wanted to mention the presentation was lovely (and securely packaged, double shipping boxes and then a shipping envelope, then a suede pouch, then the ring box). The ring came in a lighted box! It's so cool, jewelry store lighting right at my desk! Impossible to get any pictures with my phone, though (I thought an 8MP camera in my phone would mean I didn't really need a real camera, but I guess manual exposure and light settings would be one reason.)

Here is the lighted box, making my ring look like one huge fire shot! :lol: :lol: :lol:

In person, I see facets not one huge blur, of course. It's fun tilting the box this way and that, it looks like those sparkle gifs we make for our avatars at holiday...

davidklassbox.jpg

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your new ring is just stunning!

And, how cool is that box?

EvangelineG

Brilliant_Rock
What a beautiful ring! I love the yellow gold, and the bezels!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Milgrained bezels, engraving, yellow gold -- so many wonderful elements! Enjoy your gorgeous ring! It's a work of art.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Wow, that is beautiful!

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love the yellow gold and in 18 kt, so so rich looking. ANNNNNND the match to the band beneath it? Spot on and you are right, it makes a difference, the rings altogether look fabulous.

I've not lusted after milgrain until your ring.

The three bezels, the overlap, I love it. That would be my preference.

It looks like a comfortable ring to wear, is it?

Are the details on the diamonds in another thread? I'm wondering about the carat size/dimensions/your ring size.

Congrats and enjoy every day!! :appl:

yanaazul

Shiny_Rock
Thank you KaeKae, EvangelineG, KristyDarling, pregcurious, and azstonie!

pregcurious, my computer kept correcting your name to "precarious"! :lol: Darn you autocorrect!

azstonie said:
I've not lusted after milgrain until your ring.

The three bezels, the overlap, I love it. That would be my preference.

It looks like a comfortable ring to wear, is it?

Are the details on the diamonds in another thread? I'm wondering about the carat size/dimensions/your ring size.

Congrats and enjoy every day!! :appl:

The milgrain: I know, right? Another thing I thank Pricescope for, because I know the existence of milgrain didn't even register for me until seeing beauty after beauty here, and it totally makes my ring.

The overlap on the bezels was a design element that I specifically requested, since three-stone bezel designs almost always seem to have the bezels sit right next to each other. But I was used to the look of an overlap, since my original setting was prong set -- so I'm glad it turned out well!

It is a very comfortable ring! For all that it's "chunkier" than my original setting (bezels, plus a wider shank vs. wire baskets and delicate shank), it really feels like nothing.

No, I don't have a thread for the diamonds, I was engaged, omg, almost 20 years ago. Waaaay pre-Pricescope, practically pre-internet, haha. I'm not even sure where the GIA certificate is, in a file somewhere... Anyway, the center stone is a 1.1ct G and I think VS1 -- I totally didn't realize until later that in the picture on the jade plant they look brown! :o They really really aren't champagne diamonds, as you can see from the other pictures!

The side-stones are 0.5ct each -- they were a 7th anniversary upgrade and we went back to our original jeweler to match the stones in cut and color to the solitaire stone.

The ring is a size 5.25.

Thanks for asking!

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Wait a sec, do you have a thread on that amazing french cut sapphire band?

kangaroocrazy

Rough_Rock
yanaazul|1424834652|3837792 said:
Here is the inspiration ring, from David's facebook page. If the owner of this ring is a PSer, please post!

Hi Yanaazul!!

I just saw this and that is my ring I designed!!

I am so glad you love it!!!
Your bezel set one is just gorgeous!!!

I have a new ring and earrings David just did for my 50th and it will be my first time putting a ring up here!
So as soon as I figure it out,..I will!!!

ashdawnp

Rough_Rock
I’m so excited to share my reset of my three-stone ring with you all. It’s still on its way to me (tomorrow!!), so I haven’t had a chance to take handshots, but I’m going to post David’s pictures first.

My original setting was very plain -- platinum wire four-prong baskets on a 18K yellow gold shank. I had been toying with a reset for a few years now, and really liked the idea of a bezel setting. The only problem was, I didn’t particularly care for the standard design when it came to bezeled three-stone rings, where the bezels are raised over the band like a bridge, with empty space under the stones. Very classic and sleek, but I craved something with more detail, something to fill in that empty space. But invariably, when I saw a three stone with filigree or other floral motifs in the gallery, they were prong set.

So, I’ve been lurking on SMTB, getting an idea of the style and workmanship of the different vendors. And David’s work caught my eye -- not because he had a ready-made floral bezel setting, but because of the fineness of the milgrain, and the beautiful engraving, both of which I wanted for my ring. Scrolling through his facebook photos, I saw a prong-set three-stone with a petal gallery that I really liked, so I decided to email him: can this be done with bezels?

David was wonderful. It only took a few emails back and forth, and two CADs, and here we are:

Center stone 1.1ct, side stones 0.5ct each. Ring size 5.25.

yanaazuldavidklass1.jpg

yanaazuldavidklass2.jpg

yanaazuldavidklass3.jpg

yanaazuldavidklass4.jpg

This is a stunning stunning work of art

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results