shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling Gypsy/DiamondSeeker - Round 2 of EC Search

BlingObsession

Shiny_Rock
Premium
So, I wasn't happy with the ones from JA - so I took your advice and approached Mark at ERD.

He looked at a lot of stones for me and this is what he came back with - he said he's never seen an Aset like this on an Emerald Cut - I have no other specs, just the sneak peek pic at this stage. What do you think?

emerald_cut_aset.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, that is a far better ASET that most. Definitely has potential! Ask for images of the stone and see if they do videos. Looks like it has a nice table as well.

I am SO glad you waited and didn't settle for a mediocre/poor EC!

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
Wow! That will be a very bright stone, please request other images & post them. The ASET of my EC was very similar & it's extremely bright & a great performer.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very interested in seeing pictures and a video of this new EC!

BlingObsession

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Thank you everyone. Will revert with other info as soon as possible.

You have no idea how much your guidance is appreciated.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Looks great. See if they will get you a video.

BlingObsession

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Due to Mark's busy schedule and the tyranny of time differences, the info I have is a bit spasmodic so...

I now know it is a 0.76ct. G VVS1.

Hopefully I'll have pictures and maybe even a video tomorrow.

:D

teobdl

Brilliant_Rock
The photos look promising, but seriously it's nearly impossible to evaluate an EC without a video. You need to see how the flashes turn on and off with movement. For example, I would hate if, all the time, just the top half of the lower facets lit up and the center of the diamond went dark like that photo. Maybe it's an artifact of the photo set up (in fact, it likely is), but it's impossible to know without a video with it rotating around at different angles wrt the light source(s). Get a video if you can, and if you can't then make sure there's a good return policy.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree with needing a video. EC's are a pain to buy, unfortunately! I love good ones, though!

BlingObsession

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Video coming on Monday! =)

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am not sure what to say about that. I haven't seen that particular video set up before. It does go black in the center at one point, and I assume that is camera obstruction. But it might be the way the camera set up is and not an indicator of the stone being bad. Hopefully Gypsy will see this. The ASET was good so I am not sure I'd let the video rule it out. What does Mark say about the stone? He is the one who has actually seen it.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm with you DS. The one worry I had about the stone was head on all the facets would turn off at the same time, and that does happen on the video. But the video set up, with the stone on it's side like that and it going round and round is different.

I would put what Mark, etc. say about it above the video in this case.

BlingObsession

Shiny_Rock
Premium
He said it's absolutely stunning in the hand but I will ask specifically about the centre facets switching off at the same time. Thanks for the feedback.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
BlingObsession|1424849439|3837868 said:
He said it's absolutely stunning in the hand but I will ask specifically about the centre facets switching off at the same time. Thanks for the feedback.
That is my only concern as well.

BlingObsession

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Mark assures me it is as good an emerald cut as you can get in today's market. He says it is a beautiful stone and a great all round performer. So I'm going to go ahead and buy it and have him set it for me. I'll keep you all posted on the progress.

Thanks everyone for your help. :clap:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That sounds great! I would certainly have to trust his judgement because good EC's are not easy to find! Can't wait to see your pictures!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results