shape
carat
color
clarity

Cushion Cut Diamond Help!

jimmyjoe101

Rough_Rock
Hello everyone!

I am hoping you might be able to assist me in picking between these two diamonds. I have found both on James Allen and I am trying to decide which one would be better. I have been researched these diamonds extensively and have read several of the articles on this site as well as the Cushion Guide 101. They are both listed as modified cushion brilliants, but the second one has a pavilion pattern I haven't seen listed... and that is what is most confusing. So I am not sure which pavilion pattern is more ideal. I am going for a more square cushion if that helps at all!

Carat weight:1.02
Certificate:GIA
Color:g
Shape: Cushion
Clarity: VS1
Depth %:69.30
Girdle: Slightly Thick - Thick
Table %:60.00
Culet:None
Polish:Excellent
Crown ∠: 0.00
Symmetry:Very Good
Crown %:
Fluorescence:Faint
Pavilion ∠:
L/W/D (mm): 5.79*5.44*3.77
Pavilion %:
L/W Ratio: 1.06

or

Carat weight:1.01
Certificate:GIA
Color:g
Shape: Cushion
Clarity: VS1
Depth %:69.60
Girdle: Slightly Thick - Very Thick
Table %:61.00
Culet:None
Polish:Excellent
Crown ∠: 0.00
Symmetry:Very Good
Crown %:
Fluorescence:None
Pavilion ∠:
L/W/D (mm): 5.87*5.59*3.89
Pavilion %:
L/W Ratio: 1.05

I have attached the certificates for each.
Any opinions are greatly appreciated!

_27181.jpg

_27182.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Links to the cushions in question please. Cushions cannot be bought by the numbers or by any charts.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If those are the 2 cushions, they have significant mush or leakage under the table and would be stones I would pass on.

jimmyjoe101

Rough_Rock
I really appreciate all of your feedback. I asked James Allen for ASET images of both before I made this thread, but I am still waiting on them.

My budget is about $6500 for the diamond and the ring but I can push it to $7000 if needed. I was hoping to get a 1 ct square.

I was looking to set it in this: http://www.jamesallen.com/engagement-rings/halo/18k-white-gold-pave-set-engagement-ring-cushion-center-item-31888

I saw a few on Good Old Gold, but they seem to charge tax? I live in Florida which I am sure would be tax free, but I am not sure if that is just what their website defaults to?

jimmyjoe101

Rough_Rock
Is there any settings you recommend that are similar to the one from James Allen I posted?

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
jimmyjoe101|1424286479|3834448 said:
I really appreciate all of your feedback. I asked James Allen for ASET images of both before I made this thread, but I am still waiting on them.

My budget is about $6500 for the diamond and the ring but I can push it to $7000 if needed. I was hoping to get a 1 ct square.

I was looking to set it in this: http://www.jamesallen.com/engagement-rings/halo/18k-white-gold-pave-set-engagement-ring-cushion-center-item-31888

I saw a few on Good Old Gold, but they seem to charge tax? I live in Florida which I am sure would be tax free, but I am not sure if that is just what their website defaults to?

Hi Jimmy,

For clarification tax is assumed on checkout but as soon as you create an account and put in the state you live that is eliminated due to the current tax laws. Nothing to worry about.

Kind regards,
Rhino

jimmyjoe101

Rough_Rock
I received the ASET images back from James Allen today.

The first diamond isn't even worth considering. The ASET for the second was noticeably better.

This is what they had to say:

I'm happy to report that diamond 304320 offers excellent light performance and is noticeably a stronger performer than diamond 305327. Its brightness balances beautifully, and it's especially lively in the center. Its faceting is uniform and the gemologist found its shape to be very attractive. As you would expect, it's white in color and completely eye clean.

What they say about it is nice to hear, but I am unsure if that is just salesman talk.

I am curious to see what you all think of the ASET and if you still recommend that I should look elsewhere?

I do like the ones from Good Old Gold, but I am somewhat uneasy about ordering a diamond from once place and having it shipped and then sending it to another company to set it. Just seems like a lot of moving parts. Maybe someone can ease my fears?

Thank you!

_27437.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
That's a beautiful stone with a great ASET.
I do think it will be a lively performer but would need to see the video to confirm. Do you have a link to it (the video on JA) too?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
It's a very nice stone.

jimmyjoe101

Rough_Rock
Thank you Gypsy

I really appreciate your input.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results