shape
carat
color
clarity

"Wood" tile floors

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you guys. I appreciate it very much. ((HUGS))

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
re cork: cork is more porous, even flooring cork. I looked into it for this place but because we have cats and aging cats at that it was a no-go.........I guess if someone is home 24/7 and can get to barf and other feline excretions then it would work. but anything moist left too long on cork will leave a mark.

and I actually was having it laid down upstairs when I had to have it removed: proper installation is 100% necessary or you get a rolling effect like a washboard..........up it came, out it went, and even the upstairs is tiled.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
movie zombie|1424823034|3837708 said:
re cork: cork is more porous, even flooring cork. I looked into it for this place but because we have cats and aging cats at that it was a no-go.........I guess if someone is home 24/7 and can get to barf and other feline excretions then it would work. but anything moist left too long on cork will leave a mark.

and I actually was having it laid down upstairs when I had to have it removed: proper installation is 100% necessary or you get a rolling effect like a washboard..........up it came, out it went, and even the upstairs is tiled.

Yeah, while cork is great for the joints it is not lifestyle friendly with our 6 cats.
I do think that engineered hardwood with a 3mm wear layer (hickory or white oak) or high end vinyl planks are probably where we will end up for most of the house. The bathrooms would be tile of course. I have to be able to bleach the bathrooms. I'd honestly like to do tile in the kitchen too (bleach again) but I can make do with hardwood there.

RE: Herringbone: I adore herringbone patterns. So much so that whenever we see herringbone tile patterns my husband points it out now. And he still doesn't know the difference between cream and white.

This is my 'dream home' hallway inspiration pic, notice the herringbone. I'd do normal hardwood pattern (all different lengths) in all the large spaces,but hallways and probably the kitchen would all be herringbone floor pattern to set them apart.

herringbone_hallway.jpg

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Gypsy! I will look into that. I have never thought of that color, and I have to say I am not really drawn to it. That is not to say that it wont be just the perfect thing- it's just not a color I would have thought of! After reading about all the struggles you have been going through, I started to think that I may look again at natural wood floors. When I stand on the tile for any length of time, I ache all over. We are on concrete slab as well. Soon I will have a kid free home, and it doesnt look like any of them are going to pop out any grandkids, so we can probably avoid issues with the pool and water. I do hope you and your hubby can find some relief, many hugs to you.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
luv2sparkle|1424898286|3838156 said:
Thanks Gypsy! I will look into that. I have never thought of that color, and I have to say I am not really drawn to it. That is not to say that it wont be just the perfect thing- it's just not a color I would have thought of! After reading about all the struggles you have been going through, I started to think that I may look again at natural wood floors. When I stand on the tile for any length of time, I ache all over. We are on concrete slab as well. Soon I will have a kid free home, and it doesnt look like any of them are going to pop out any grandkids, so we can probably avoid issues with the pool and water. I do hope you and your hubby can find some relief, many hugs to you.

thank you honey. I'm drawn to darker woods as well. But once I went to look at lighter/natural stain floors not in sample sizes but installed in larger pieces, I really started to appreciate them.
My personal favorite is either pecan or hickory because of the variation in the floors. http://st.houzz.com/simgs/ea017c12012be603_4-1430/modern-hardwood-flooring.jpg

This is pecan: http://s3-production.bobvila.com/articles/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/Lumber-Liquidators-1.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results