shape
carat
color
clarity

Who would you use to set cushion in 3 stone ring? (NOT LEON)

Green with Envy

Brilliant_Rock
I have a 5.25 blue sapphire that I wanted to take out of halo and set in a 3 stone ring using two old mine/cushions as sides. Leon Mege refused to set my stone since I did not source it from him.

Who do you think has same aesthetic eye to pick the right size side stones for my dream RHR?

This was my original dream ring, but without all the stones on shank. Love the more traditional old mine type cushions are preferred, but actually don't like AVC.. want stones a bit more wonky? (if that makes sense... more like traditional vintage old mines)

Thx.

This is my stone in halo... but I prefer to move it to a 3 stone setting.

love_this_color_and_setting.jpg

inside_by_0.jpg

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Who would you use to set cushion in 3 stone ring? (NOT L

Victor!

RosieR

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

simon123

Why not Leon - I think he is great.

Sorry just read your post properly....

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Goodness, I'm drooling over that sapphire!! :love: I'd go with VC on that -- can't wait to see it!!

Mrs2Ouch

Rough_Rock

This might be crazy or impossible but this guy is in Barcelona. I found him on YouTube today watching a video of his hand forged rings. Just figured I would link him in case you have no other great options.

Mrs2Ouch

Rough_Rock

One more thing, what about Brian Gavin? Do you need it hand forged because he doesn't do that stuff.
Sorry, I just realized you said Leon won't do it and forgot he was not Victor Canera (got them mixed up as the same person). VC makes beautiful rings, he is probaby your best bet.

jerichosmom

Shiny_Rock

I would just go cad/cast with erd/be. They did my 3 stone (oec with tapered bullets, hand forged) and their bench makes rings for Harry Winston. They can source old stones too.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Victor would be my first choice. Then probably Steven, Caysie and BE.

Green with Envy

Brilliant_Rock

Thanks for names... I want someone who will be able to pick the right proportioned sides because that will make the ring special, otherwise it is basically a regular 3 stone that anyone could do. I want rectangular old looking cushion and I don't like the more square shapes of the AVC or the square antique ones that VC is selling on his website.

I guess I should get a couple of different quotes! I thought VC was more the halo king? Who is BE?

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Brilliantly Engaged formerly ERD.

Mikla

Shiny_Rock
Premium

I love your stone! The color is mesmerizing. I think it deserves a hand-forged setting. When it's hand-made, the ring is shaped specifically for the dimensions of your stone. For a stone that beautiful, I would go ahead and go custom. I can't wait to see your stone reset! :wavey:

Emeraldcutlover

Brilliant_Rock

Hi:

I have to say that I "love" your current setting :) I understand your feelings with your apprehension with LM - sorry about that. I also was wondering where you are located bc I do know of a place does does great work for more simple settings that are not crazy expensive but have the "look" of LM. If you are close to NYC, perhaps, this would be a match. Again, they are a super high-end jeweler but I have worked with them many times (since my ER) and for a clear cut simple setting, I find them reasonable but GORGEOUS.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results