shape
carat
color
clarity

what size diamonds for Halo?

miszhka

Rough_Rock
I am looking at reseting my ring into a halo. It is a .53 diamond so l am not sure what size diamonds l should have placed around it?
I am attached a pic of my current ring and a halo design l love. I would like the halo diamonds to blend with my diamond.
thanks!

20150216_102657.jpg

_324.jpeg

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
Have you selected a vendor.....Why don't you go look at rings. It seems to me you want micropave so 1-2 pointers

miszhka

Rough_Rock

I'm just learning about the different types of Halos. Actually l would like the halo diamonds in the picture l posted above to blend even more with the centre. I want it to look like one big diamond :)

I'm not sure what that setting is. And when you say 1-2 points do you mean .01-.02?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
1/2 POINTERS.

toade

Rough_Rock
The image you posted is a hand forged Leon Mege. You're not going to do much better than that... but note, hand forged is going to cost you around $4k.

miszhka

Rough_Rock
How many points do you think those diamonds are? 2?
Because my wedding band is plain l won't be getting any shoulder diamonds.
I also like these rings...I can't decide!

r1218-double-basket-cluster-diamond-ring-01_large.jpg

70pt-flower-and-basket-cluster.jpg

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OP, I am not an expert, however, I would like to enquire what is your ultimate aim(s) for your re-set please?

E.g. to increase finger coverage; to give the illusion that the main stone is bigger; etc. etc...

It is quite easy to turn a halo ring into a cluster ring by choosing melees that are proportionally larger than the centre stone, and I would consider the 3 rings in your last post as cluster rings rather than halos (BTW, is it me or are the two top pics one and the same ring?).

If you would like to increase the finger coverage without choosing the larger melees, consider an air-line halo instead, as it will allow the centre stone to shine.

All IMHO, of course, however, that's what I had done with my EC re-set.

DK :))

WillyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
OP
Lots of threads on this.
+1 to Gypsy's comment above.

Most people who do what you want to do just trust the jeweler to fit the right size pave for the halo. Certainly BE, VC, SK will do this for you.

oh, one more thing.......if you want to have some fun and near a Tiffany or Cartier, go take a look at the Tiffany Embrace, and the Cartier Destinee.

Here is a cute video that Cartier did:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jZ6trvKVqM

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results