shape
carat
color
clarity

How many times have you upgraded your E-ring..

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
in the past 10 yrs?
in the past 5 yrs?

How about your E-ring setting?

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
None. I still have the original pre-PS engagement ring. It was purchased in Autumn 2004 for well under his $2K budget so is on the small side for PS. I also have a smaller vintage ring I regularly wear.

How many times have you upgraded, DF?

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Oh goodness, I am currently waiting on my fifth diamond upgrade. As far as settings go, I may have lost count. :oops: All within the past 7 years.

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Twice... :naughty:

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
Have upgraded the stone twice and the setting 3 times.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No e-ring to speak of, however, I have re-set my RHR once in the past 10y.

DK :))

Rena7

Shiny_Rock
I have been married 29 years and upgraded twice, once at 24 years and then just this fall with my AVC. I have never reset.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmm honestly I cannot remember all the details (I blame that on not enough sleep) but I think around 3 times or so...at least for the setting. Maybe 4. But all is well that ends well and I have had this current OEC and setting since January 2013 and I am still happy with it so WOOHOO! Though I cannot tell a lie...if another OEC and/or setting that stole my heart came around I might be tempted...variety is the spice of life, no? :cheeky: And as long as I keep the original dh (I cannot improve upon the original dh that is for sure) it's all good. :devil: :halo:

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not yet but would love to for the next milestone birthday/anniversary.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rhea|1424423344|3835262 said:
None. I still have the original pre-PS engagement ring. It was purchased in Autumn 2004 for well under his $2K budget so is on the small side for PS. I also have a smaller vintage ring I regularly wear.

How many times have you upgraded, DF?
None

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
lknvrb4|1424428892|3835268 said:
Oh goodness, I am currently waiting on my fifth diamond upgrade. As far as settings go, I may have lost count. :oops: All within the past 7 years.
Is this a PS record?... :read: :lol:

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I only "upgraded" after my rings were stolen. But I've replaced my wedding band several times due to workmanship issues, and same with settings. The last setting "upgrade" was due to my car accident. I wouldn't call them upgrades necessarily. They were replacements due to workmanship or damage.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I haven't upgraded as I have kept all my rings. I am on my fifth ring and I have been married for 23 years. I keep telling my husband that once I get to a 4 carat stone I will be done. I was perfectly happy with my last ring until I found Pricescope.

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Technically zero if you count just the last 5 - 10 years.
I have upgraded several times since I got married in 1980.

1st e-ring stone .75 E-I1 marquise now set in a pendant (the included crystal is difficult for many to see but I can see it)
2nd e-ring stone 1.50 F-VS1 marquise now set in a RHR with 2.32 ctw princess cuts (not worn anymore)
3rd e-ring stone was a 2.05 D-VS2 oval which I traded in for my (4th)
current 3.01 F-SI1 pear (and reused the mounting)

My 2.21 F-SI1 CBI diamond doesn't count since it is a RHR?

Oh and there is a .52 AGS0 in a three-stone ring (does that count)?

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
None, but I'm only married 3 years! If the day ever comes when I decide I like something more than what I already have, we will upgrade. I can't imagine limiting oneself to one ring for the rest of your life. I mean, you already make that commitment to the one you marry, you're not married to the ring! ;))

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
in the past 5-10 years I have not upgraded my e-ring or my setting...but I think might be the year to get a new setting..I would love to upgrade my diamond but funds are not available for that....

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
monarch64|1424452410|3835457 said:
None, but I'm only married 3 years! If the day ever comes when I decide I like something more than what I already have, we will upgrade. I can't imagine limiting oneself to one ring for the rest of your life. I mean, you already make that commitment to the one you marry, you're not married to the ring! ;))

Will you have a talk with my husband, please? Upgrades and changing rings just isn't the done thing in his mind. If it breaks you just wear your wedding ring. The other day I mentioned getting another diamond engagement style ring after having left it alone for a while. I don't think I've mentioned it for well over 2 years. His reaction? Once you're married you don't need your engagement ring anyhow, no married woman wears her engagement ring except for occasions. He has proof - most of his friend's wife's don't wear their engagement rings any longer. DH wouldn't stop me from buying a ring, but it's not going to be an "us" thing like I'd want it to be so that takes some of the joy out of it.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rhea|1424456754|3835505 said:
monarch64|1424452410|3835457 said:

Will you have a talk with my husband, please? Upgrades and changing rings just isn't the done thing in his mind. If it breaks you just wear your wedding ring. The other day I mentioned getting another diamond engagement style ring after having left it alone for a while. I don't think I've mentioned it for well over 2 years. His reaction? Once you're married you don't need your engagement ring anyhow, no married woman wears her engagement ring except for occasions. He has proof - most of his friend's wife's don't wear their engagement rings any longer. DH wouldn't stop me from buying a ring, but it's not going to be an "us" thing like I'd want it to be so that takes some of the joy out of it.

LOL! I guess he should've married one of his friends' wives! They sound like well-behaved women who understand that the engagement ring is only meant to stave off other would-be suitors and once the wedding band is in place no one looks twice anymore because they know you are paid for! Now, go back me a pie, Rhea--get back in the kitchen where you belong!

:lol: I am being facetious, but what I wrote above is how men come off sometimes about this whole ring/engagement/marriage stuff. So old-fashioned and traditional. I think the issue here is that your husband, like many others, thought he was finished dealing with the e-ring and could put it out of his mind for the foreseeable future. Like, check it off the list and move onto the next big thing. So that's understandable. He'll have to get over it, though, if he wants to keep you happy. We all have to make compromises in marriage, and the sooner he figures that out, the better. Just start calling the new e-ring an "anniversary" ring. You need a new ring to celebrate the years of putting up with his nonsense arguments. :naughty:

ponder

Brilliant_Rock
One new setting about 7 years ago due to damage to the original setting. Stone is the original.

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
1 Setting - Replacement for damaged setting after 1 year of marriage
1 New Stone- Replacement for chipped stone after 8 years of marriage

1 Upgrade Setting- Currently in the works :)

Hopefully an upgrade in size/color for our 15th anniversary!

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
In the past 10 years, only once.

however, we've been married 15 years this year, and I upgraded once in the first 5 years.

so total 2X

Different settings for each upgrade. So I've had 3 different stones and 3 different settings.

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
I have the same stone, and just changed the setting a couple months ago.

Victoria10

Shiny_Rock
In 10 years I have upgraded twice. All with different settings. The second upgrade was prompted because of white gold allergy (really got bad) so why change out setting without upgrading! But I still use my original as one lever back earring and the other lever back is my mothers original (just so happen to be the same size as my first)

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
3rd Diamond upgrade and 4 settings.. onto the 5th setting :) all within errr, 3 years of the proposal :rodent:

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Dancing Fire|1424442969|3835331 said:
lknvrb4|1424428892|3835268 said:
Is this a PS record?... :read: :lol:

Actually, now that I think about it a little more, I am on my fourth diamond upgrade....hopefully the last. I think it may be a little ridiculous.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh boy, this is embarrassing. When I first came to PS, I was amazed at people upgrading stones and settings so often. Then I became one of them! :-o :lol:

I wore my original 1 ct diamond ring and wedding band for 29 years. I had never heard of anyone upgrading or changing their rings. But I was wanting to change to white metals from yg, and my husband said that rather than reset, why didn't I just get a new ring for our next anniversary? So that began my quest, and I found PS because I was and am a researcher, and the rest is history!

2006...I got my 1.6 G VS1 H&A from GOG. Perfect diamond and I was worried the entire time that it was too big because I was sooo used to 1 carat. It's a wonder Jon didn't kill me because I talked to him several times about "upgrading" to a smaller stone! I went through about 3 solitaire settings (one was a cheap temp) and wasn't totally satisfied.

Yikes, not sure I can keep up with the years....

Maybe in 2012 (diamond prices had risen sharply in 2011), I decided to sell the 1.6 because I could make a profit and buy a non-H&A GIA XXX stone about the same size. I did sell it and was able to buy a 1.58 G VS1 with SBF and a 1 ct asscher for a Beaudry RHR setting that I had bought. I set the 1.58 in the Vatche U-113 and FINALLY had a solitaire setting that I loved and it was perfect with my Legacy band.

Okay, it didn't take long for me to realize this just wasn't my forever stone (if there is such a thing).

So in 2013 (maybe even the previous fall), I started looking for an AVR. They never seemed to have one with the specs I wanted, which at the time was the 1.6-1.9 ct range and H color. Finally I decided to look at a 1.8 I color, and the rest is history. I didn't choose that stone, but decided to bump up in size. I looked at a couple more and then finally twin 2.12 and 2.29 stones. After a lot of mental torture :lol: , I chose the 2.29! Honestly, I still think it is too big, but I love the facet pattern so much that I can't give it up! It is probably my forever stone unless they happened to get an H which is my favorite color for a round. The AVR went into the U-113 with a new head, so it was basically a new setting. While I'd love to set it into an antique setting, I have not been able to commit to one. I do enjoy it in the classic Tiffany setting, so I will not rush to spend money when I don't really know what I'd want long term.

So anyway, I am on my 4th diamond since being married, and the third since finding PS. But the main reason for my changes was getting to what I really loved most. I think that is true of a lot of us...we have to try things to end up with the best one for us!

I do hope to get a second diamond ring in the next couple of years rather than changing the one I have!

(The very bad thing is, I have done multiple studs upgrades with WF as well! I am always thinking I won't do it again, but the larger e-ring makes me think it would be a good idea. :lol: WF is infinitely patient with me, too!)

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I got engaged with a .33 diamond, lost it and wore various bands/rings over the years, and then received a 1 carat diamond ring for my 25th anniversary 5+ years ago, and then a 1.96 OEC for my 30th. I changed the setting on the OEC once. I guess I didn't really upgrade, since I kept the one carat. I don't see myself upgrading or changing my ering diamond again but I'm not ruling out another reset! I don't think I will but never say never :cheeky:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've had 4 erings in the last 10 years and the same number of diamonds.

kmarla

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Twice.
Our first anniversary I upgraded from a teeny little .002? to a .5 carat RB. I reset this diamond twice, once after 18 years and then again after 27 years.
Our 30th anniversary I upgraded again to a 2.03 carat Princess. I've already changed the setting once, going from a halo to a solitaire in less than two years.....and I just added a beautiful ACA RB to my collection. It's not technically an upgrade, but perhaps a sign that this diamond business can get addictive ?!?! :lol:

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
I've had four settings and four diamonds, but I have been married for a really long time and I've gone years between upgrades.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results