shape
carat
color
clarity

Eternity Band Help and Recommendations!

Emeraldcutlover

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Everyone:

I currently have a Round Eternity Band (.27-.30 pts each). I think I would like to either trade it in for an upgrade to an Emerald Cut eternity Band (.40/.50 each) or to keep mine and then perhaps purchase a smaller one as well. PS anyone have any idea what the "trade-in" value would be for my band: F/G color (VS2/VS1) .27-.30 pts, Hearts and Arrows and in Platinum (size 6)

My questions are this:

1). Does anyone have any idea what that would cost to purchase an Emerald Cut Eternity Band with (.40/.50ct per stone) F/G color, SI Platinum Band (size 6) would be? Has anyone purchased one recently and can they show me it?

2). What is the most "comfortable" setting for that shape? I have a shared prong currently (the prongs are in the middle/inbetween the stones on my round band and it is very comfortable and sits lower to the finger which also it makes for devine stacking! 8-) ) I know I cannot set an EC this way due to the shape, thus, my question.

3). I would love to buy something already made if possible. Seawave in NYC had a beautiful one but it was sold. I prefer to buy it in the Diamond Distric as opposed to retail to save money. Open to suggestions.

4). I also am considering an eternity band like those made by Singlstone (but have priced them out and while I am positive they are well worth it, am not looking to spend that, as this is a separate purchase. Do any other vendors that you know of make anything similar to their bezel set eternity bands? Nothing large, more like their thinner 2mm ones.

5). I also need a recommendation for my Emerald Cut Diamond to be reset into a Halo. Does anyone have someone that they used that they loved? I know Leon and Victor are amazing, I just do not want to spend that for my reset. Also- again, would prefer someone in NYC area. I know I have been debating on doing this forever but I am finally at peace and have decided to just reset it! Leon would do a great job but I'm a visual person and need to see a drawing or something or even use a "cast" if need be? Although, once you go Leon, it's hard to go back - lol Kidding, I know there are plenty of great cast ones out there and need your help to find one or to have it made but at a more reasonable cost.

Thank you so much. I love reading everyone's posts and always learn something new. The information here is invaluable :)

Thank you so much!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Some shops will accept a single stone trade-in but I'm not sure how many shops will accept an eternity band trade-in. Loose stones are easy to turn around but an eternity ring is limited by both the style and size (cannot be resized). It is more likely for a shop to accept it as a consignment sale.

Brilliantly Engaged is in NYC and has benches able to do a great looking CAD/cast job.

Emeraldcutlover

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you so much for the Info! I'll look into them. Also- I could trade "up" w who we bought it from in the DD. Just not sure what the fair trade in value is. I know it's def worth a lot more than what we paid 10 years ago. What kind of a profit do you think they look for with something line that? Thank you again!!

Emeraldcutlover

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you so much for the Info! I'll look into them. Also- I could trade "up" w who we bought it from in the DD. Just not sure what the fair trade in value is. I know it's def worth a lot more than what we paid 10 years ago. What kind of a profit do you think they look for with something line that? Thank you again!!

Emeraldcutlover

Brilliant_Rock
Hi again. I just looked then up. Did they used to be "engagement Direct or something. Is it a new name? Who should I ask for to work with? Also- has anyone done the vintage halo clue tion? The halo w sapphires and diamonds? That is the one I am interested in. Thank you.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ERD is the old name. They contract several different benches to work on settings.

Emeraldcutlover

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Chrono: Thank you again. I appreciate your help. One more question: What is your suggestion for getting more feedback to my questions re: the halo, trade-in and purchasing the halo, EC eternity band? I think my post was too long, as I was surprised at how long my post was and I'm sure those reading it were like, enough :) I'm am open and interested in more feedback. PS I did email your suggestion! Thanks again. :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results