shape
carat
color
clarity

The Official TTC Thread!

mousey

Shiny_Rock
Re: The Official TTC Thread!

Dang it! Never mind. They are coming from the US. I don t think we have them here.

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium

JGator|1424201768|3833972 said:
Babymonster, I got a BFP with a wondfo at 10 DPO this cycle - yesterday. I have gotten BFPs with them in the past at 12 and 14 DPO. The line is light so you have look hard! I think FRER could be as early as 9 DPO - I think NEL got her previous BFPs at 9 DPO. That's unusual though.
Congrats on your BFP! How exciting :dance:

Asscherhalo_lover said:
8 is the earliest I've seen and if I have a ton I start at then, if not I would wait for 10. Not that I've had a BFP yet though.
Hmm, maybe I'll buy more FRERs. I ran out of them a few months ago and have been relying on wondfos.

JGator

Brilliant_Rock

Mousey, those are what they look like. Pink packaging. Also, don't take too much stock in the test your husband took. When they do a SA, they look at them under a microscope for count and motility. I am not sure how a store kit could tell you much, and/or would be accurate for something like that. I would not worry if I were you. Easier said than done, but my advice!

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium

April20

Ideal_Rock

April20

Ideal_Rock

These are the ones I have.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004AOMAOG/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

They're just as sensitive as the FRER that I used.

My offer still stands to mail the gazillion I still have (it's probably 40) to someone if you want to find me thru my Etsy shop (I sell flower magnets and thumbtacks. if you maybe searched flower magnets in handmade and saw a white, mint green and gray mixed flower set, it might be me). They expire in August, so please, someone use these suckers!

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium

April20|1424205954|3834024 said:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004AOMAOG/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

My offer still stands to mail the gazillion I still have (it's probably 40) to someone if you want to find me thru my Etsy shop (I sell flower magnets and thumbtacks. if you maybe searched flower magnets in handmade and saw a white, mint green and gray mixed flower set, it might be me). They expire in August, so please, someone use these suckers!

I tried to find you April but there's a shocking amount of magnetic flowers on etsy! Can you give me any better clues?

April20

Ideal_Rock

Asscherhalo_lover|1424230403|3834170 said:
April20|1424205954|3834024 said:

I tried to find you April but there's a shocking amount of magnetic flowers on etsy! Can you give me any better clues?

Sorry! When I searched I was the first hit!

Okay, search mint, gray, white flower thumbtacks. I should be the only result.

Lilac

Brilliant_Rock

Hi everyone! I used to post here years ago but life got in the way and now it's been a while. I have a 20 month old son and DH and I have decided we want to TTC again! I always wanted kids 2 years apart (although it's too late for that now, so we're aiming for 2.5 - 3 years at this point). I'm half terrified and half excited.....

I went off the mini pill at the beginning of January, but I think it took a little while for my body to figure out what it's supposed to do again. I don't think I've had a normal period since before I got pregnant with my son, which was 2.5 years ago! When we were TTC my son it took 3 months to get a normal period after the pill, but then luckily got pregnant shortly after that (with the help of OPKs, Pre-seed, acupuncture, and taking Mucinex around ovulation time), so this time I wanted to try to get off the pill sooner, but ended up waiting till January.

Anyway, I don't think I ovulated in January, but I got my first period 1/31, and started using OPKs to see if I would ovulate last week. Finally got a strong positive on Sunday! I felt so sick on Monday (nauseous, pain in my stomach and back - maybe related to ovulation??) and then OPKs went back to negative yesterday. I have a feeling this cycle I won't get pregnant, but happy to just have ovulated (assuming I actually did).

Anyway, happy to be back and hope we all get BFPs soon!! :appl: :wavey:

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Welcome Lilac :wavey:

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thank you April20 and welcome Lilac! May your stay be short!

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock

Oh, goodness, I guess I need to catch up! Congrats on your BFP, JGator!! :appl: :dance:

Welcome back, Lilac, and welcome to TTC! Too funny, because I just did the exact same thing a few weeks ago. I came back to PS after a long hiatus, mostly motivated by us starting to TTC for the first time and my wanting a fun group to vent/chat/cheer with along the way. :D

Mousey, did you end up having any luck finding Wondfos that ship to you?

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock

April20, your etsy wares are adorable! Also, it turns out we have the same first name. :)

April20

Ideal_Rock

ladyciel|1424383055|3835043 said:
April20, your etsy wares are adorable! Also, it turns out we have the same first name. :)

Thank you! Believe it or not, I woke up on my 35th bday and thought, "I'm going to sell magnets and thumbtacks!". I already sell the flowers in my supply shop, so I only had to buy the magnets and thumbtacks to adhere to them. The shop has done better than I imagined it would.

As to the name, are you a child of the 70s or early 80s? Growing up, there was always someone in a grade either above me or below me with my name, but you never hear it anymore!

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock

Haha, yep, I hear ya. I'm an 81 baby, and I was one of 3 in my first grade classroom. The irony is my mom liked the name in part because she'd only met one person with the name her entire life. Whoops. Though, we were still outnumbered by the Jennifers, Jessicas and Lindsay/Lindseys...

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I also never knew there's such a variety of flower magnets but yours are very pretty. I know 1 person with your first name - my friend's 4 year old.

AFM, completely ocd about cramps today. Cramps aren't a typical pms symptom for me so lots of "what if" on my mind. 6DPO so way too early to test and i don't want to build it up too much. So good to be able to vent here!

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Something good could be burrowing! Fingers crossed!

Lilac

Brilliant_Rock

Ladyciel - happy to have a group of people to talk to about this stuff! I don't talk to any of my friends/family about TTC, but it's so hard to keep it all inside and only discuss with DH, so it's great to have a place to talk to other people about it!

baby monster - Looks like we're almost at the same point in the 2WW - I'm 4DPO (for some reason I thought I was 5, and now I'm sort of disappointed it'll be an extra day before I can test!), but I also always overanalyze any cramps, nausea, other symptoms. Cramping was a big thing for me during my pregnancy with my son, so every time I feel a cramp I get those little twinges of "maybe I'm pregnant??", but 4DPO is way too early for me to really feel anything... You never know with 6DPO though :Up_to_something: maybe implantation!

I keep having these moments of being REALLY excited to TTC and I really want my son to have a sibling relatively close in age, and then suddenly I have a moment where I completely panic and wonder 'are we ready for this?? what if my son feels jealous and sad and we'll be taking our attention away from him and maybe he deserves more time with just us? Where will we put a new baby - can a baby share a room with our son, maybe this means we need to buy a house, where will we buy a house, we need to make a decision on that.. how will I get through work with morning sickness? what if my boss is angry when I tell her if/when I get pregnant? etc etc' and my thoughts just spiral out of control a bit from there.

Most of the time I think it'll be amazing, and then my son will have a particularly *difficult* toddler tantrum-y day and I wonder what in the world we are thinking?! Is that normal?? I remember having similar fleeting moments before TTC the first time, and once he was born the feelings went away, but I was hoping my anxiety wouldn't start off this high this time around!!

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Lilac, I have the same exact thoughts you have. Lots of ambivalence. DS is 4 but still very much attached to me. I worry about his world sort of crashing down if we have another child. On the other hand, I always loved having a sibling and everyone :wall: keeps telling me a sibling for DS would be great.

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock

mousey|1424420288|3835254 said:
I ended up getting these ladyciel

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00379DV3O/ref=pe_385721_37038051_TE_3p_dp_1

They look sort of like wondfos.

Mousey, if they truly are 10IU/ml then they should be really sensitive! I'm glad you were able to find some that don't break the bank. Let's face it - POAS addiction is nearly impossible to cure without a BFP, and even then it may continue until the on-hand supplies run out. The best we can hope for is a relatively cheap addiction until that BFP. ;))

We're trying for #1, so I can't speak to the anxiety about a #2 throwing a wrench into life with baby #1. We of course have apprehensions about how a baby will change our lives, but we have zero doubts about it being what we want, craziness and all. As for #1 adjusting to not being the center of attention, I think I've always viewed that (without first-hand experience to complicate it, mind you) as potentially a good thing/lesson/change in the long run, despite the growing pains. It's why I've always wanted/planned to have 2 (maybe 3) if we can be so lucky. Every child is different, of course, so some will welcome the big sibling role more openly than others. I was a stubborn independent kid, with my favorite toddler retort being "no, SELF!" any time somebody tried to help me do something. That independence probably made it easier for me to accept sharing the attention as the eldest of 3, though I was that annoying "second mom" that little brothers hate. Brother 1 showed up when I was 22 months, and brother 2 arrived when I was a month shy of 5.

April20

Ideal_Rock

Okay, shameless plug related to my flower tacks/magnets since several of you saw them. They're on page 51 of the March issue of Country Living if you want to take a peek while you're in line at the grocery store. :cheeky:

mousey

Shiny_Rock

Amazing April20. Congrats. You must be v proud. They are lovely by the way.

Is it a bit crazy to start crocheting baby clothes right now? Don t want to tempt fate, but really itching to do it....

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I do crazy things. We already have the "nursery" room painted, new rug, and a dresser just waiting :) I also have some bedding I just couldn't not buy lol. DH doesn't mind, he wants a baby more than I do lol.

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock

I've been tempted to start knitting a baby blanket or make a quilt, but I have way too many other unfinished projects to justify it. In other words, the "crazy" factor isn't the deciding issue. :) There is a pregnancy book sitting on the coffee table, I have plans to hit the library and take a look at some others, and DH and I have a pretty decent list of baby names picked out (though I'm not sure we're 100% settled...plenty of time for minds to change). I went shopping for some tops the other day and picked ones that could last a good while into pregnancy. I keep a running calendar in my head of "if we get pregnant this cycle, that will mean I'll be X weeks at Y, Z, A, B and C dates/events/holidays". That one is impt for work because there are conferences scattered through the year I would normally plan to travel to. If we hit the jackpot this month, I'd be ~24 weeks at the one I really want to go to and ~34 at one I'd be ok missing. I would also be due within days of my birthday and Thanksgiving. I started looking into how you decide what to buy for a stroller/carrier/carseat/etc and my brain exploded. Setting up a nursery isn't high on my priority list, in part because we rent and are limited in what we can do re: paint, window treatments, etc. Also, we plan to keep baby in our room at least for the first few months, both to make going back to sleep after feeding easier and since our only available room for a nursery is currently the guest room, which we'll need for visiting grandparents. As a result, my reading has been more into bedside co-sleepers and easy to move bassinets, rather than dressers and cribs. :)

ETA: In other words, if it's crazy, then I think we're all right there with ya in one way or another. :whistle:

mousey

Shiny_Rock

So glad to have found this thread! You two have given me permission to let the crazy out.Yay - off I go wool shopping.

Have you painted the nursery in neutral Asscher?

Ditto on the renting Ladyciel. Our landlords had a baby, and they have a nursery done up already. Its in the brightest hues of pink possible. If we end up with a boy, it might be a confusing.... I guess we could start him early on refusing to bow to gender stereotypes.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium

We also rent but our landlord doesn't live here and is pretty relaxed about anything we do as long as it's not dark colors. The room is very small so we painted it a neutral cream, walls and ceiling the same color to help it feel more spacious. The rug is a golden yellow with a cream pattern, neutral and non babyish (I actually don't like "baby" things) and the dresser is stained white pine. I bought it bc it was on clearance and I just can't pass up a good deal when I see it. I'm big into gender neutral so I'm not concerned about anything I already have. We plan on staying in this apt. until we buy a house which will be at least 5 years so I don't mind putting in work here in the meantime. I wouldn't bother if we would only be here for a year or so.

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock

Have fun wool shopping!! A good shop is so dangerous... I have a couple small hanks in a gorgeous rich garnet tweed that I intend to use for a hat, but before I can start that I really should finish the gloves and scarf that have been halfway done for, I can't believe it, years. I get distracted, put something down, and then have great difficulty getting motivated to figure out where I was and pick it back up to finish. Sigh.

Over the last 1-2 weeks I've started taking a B-50 complex, 500mg of vit C and drinking raspberry leaf tea (1 or 2 cups a day), and, dare I say it, my libido has perked up considerably. That can only mean good things for my hormone balance, right? I started them hoping to help with all the wonky late LP spotting, but this is an unexpected bonus!

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Nothing wrong with knitting some hats and booties. My friend's mom knit an adorable set for DS. It was the cutest thing ever.

mousey

Shiny_Rock

I prefer neutral for a baby room as well. Maybe with brightly coloured soft furnishings and some wall stencils.

I love this one:

http://momzinthemix.com/celebrity-daily/new-momz/new-momz-tiffany-amber-thiessen

Anything with trees and birds. Maybe I ll ask the landlord about redecorating their nursery.

My libido is up too ladyciel. I put it down to 'the more you do it, the more you want to do it...'.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results