shape
carat
color
clarity

Spacer - where did you order?

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Where did you buy your spacer? How thick?

What metal? My rings are platinum, should the spacer be platinum?

I had a not great experience with an Etsy vendor and I would like to purchase from a recommended vendor.

Thanks!

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Mayk--I bought a plat 2mm spacer from WF. WF advised to wear like metals together, rather than WG & plat, for example.

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
Mayk! I thought we agreed that your ring looked MARRRVELLLOUSS with my Cartier band stuck between the two? :razz: But you already have an idea about my intense obsession with rose gold. What mm width are you looking for, Ravens Refuge is a recommended etsy vendor.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/RavensRefuge

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Resonance.Of.Life|1424241310|3834225 said:
Mayk! I thought we agreed that your ring looked MARRRVELLLOUSS with my Cartier band stuck between the two? :razz: But you already have an idea about my intense obsession with rose gold. What mm width are you looking for, Ravens Refuge is a recommended etsy vendor.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/RavensRefuge

We went to Cartier in Boca the day after our adventure. Mr B wasn't wild about it. I couldn't remember the vendor. Thank you!!! :wavey:

You girls keep trying and I just gravitate back to platinum. :Up_to_something:

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I bought a 1.5mm WG band from e-weddingbands.com. Very happy with the quality - super smooth and feels like buttah. Great price too.

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
I have two from Le Cubicule, who's in Montreal. I have a 14kt rose gold .8mm and a platinum .8mm. The only downside is that it seems shipping is higher because it's coming from Canada.

I also have a 22kt band from Raven's Refuge and I love it. They were very easy to work with.

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you everyone!!!

fiona00004

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have ordered from the love knot shop on etsy several times. They are very helpful :)

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
I have a twist band from Little Sparkle Studio on Etsy. Great price, and I'd order again.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mayk|1424232422|3834178 said:
Where did you buy your spacer? How thick?

What metal? My rings are platinum, should the spacer be platinum?

I had a not great experience with an Etsy vendor and I would like to purchase from a recommended vendor.

Thanks!
I would get the same metal as your rings.

I got mine from Jeweler on the Roof on etsy but that's not going to help. I went with a 1.5mm.

alpackie

Shiny_Rock
I second Raven's Refuge! BF and I got our platinum wedding bands from them and went to check out their Portland studio in person. Dan's great to work with and he really knows his stuff!

Harpertoo

Brilliant_Rock
Also recommending Ravens Refuge.
I bought a thin (~1.7 maybe?) textured 21k YG ring from Ravens Refuge. I love it with my VC plat. French cut band.

Victoria10

Shiny_Rock
i am so glad i found this post too. I am afraid to order again from etsy because of a bad experience with a twist spacer in rose gold. it was like barbed wire it hurt. but maybe i will look up some of these. I was thinking rose gold to break up the plat and for color. I don't think there is a skin allergy to rose gold. but also there is leon mege i was looking at too.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've bought white gold spacers from two different etsy vendors. Didn't love them...

e-wedding bands on the other hand - i've bought 1.5mm and 2mm with scattered diamonds in white gold, and they are truly "like buttah" and the quality exceeded my expectations.

Here is a link to the 1.5mm platinum band http://www.e-weddingbands.com/store/product168156.html

SparklySoprano

Brilliant_Rock
I am reposting this topic here in hopes of some advice. Would you say my ering is like a "3-sided" pave ring since the stones do seem to go almost all the way down the band at times? Therefore, does it need a spacer? I'm guessing yes if so based on what I've read on other PS posts.

Here are a couple pics of it, one from the website (James Allen) and another of me wearing it with my wedding band and spacer. I'm wondering if I do in fact need the spacer. I'm also including two spacers I'm considering. I know the metals vary, but I have heard mixed things on this, no pun intended. :lol: I am wondering how safe it would be.

Also, what would you put with it?

1) just my wedding platinum pave band
2) my wedding band and .8mm palladium spacer (I got mine on Etsy from Blue Ridge Notions, and I like it.) As in the second picture below.
3) another color metal in between, e.g. 14K rose gold 2mm plain band
4) another type of band in between?
5) something different I have not considered?

I'm wondering if the wedding band and e-ring need some type of relief in the middle, hence option 3 & 4. :confused:

Also, is it very noticeable or bothersome that the ering is slightly more rounded out than the wedding band?

Thanks for your helpful advice!!!

_27358.jpg

_27359.jpg

_27363.jpg

_27364.jpg

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Logan Sapphire|1424272323|3834325 said:
I have two from Le Cubicule, who's in Montreal. I have a 14kt rose gold .8mm and a platinum .8mm. The only downside is that it seems shipping is higher because it's coming from Canada.

I also have a 22kt band from Raven's Refuge and I love it. They were very easy to work with.

I went with 1mm Platinum from Le Cubicule. She was awesome. Said it would be 7 days, it was 6 before she shipped it. Said it would be 7-10 days for shipping I think it was more like five. I was going to use Raven's Refuge but the wait time was five weeks.

Thank you for all the imput!!! Thank you Logan Sapphire for the reco! :wavey:

with_spacer.jpg

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had a curved, knife edge one custom made by Leon and it was a ridiculous price, but I can wear it with anything if I ever change my setting. I bought a small 2mm band from Blue Nile for a couple hundred bucks. You can buy a 2mm band from Sarraf.com starting at $260. in platinum. I have bought a few things from them and have been very happy with the quality, but 2mm is the smallest.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results