shape
carat
color
clarity

Precision Gem green tourmaline ring!

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
A few months ago I purchased 3.85ct blue green tourmaline from Precision Gem, baby sister to Acinom and Sparkliesluver's gorgeous stones. It's a beautiful green with blue flashes in some lights and light green flashes at other times. I love it!

For a long time I debated how to set it - white gold v yellow, diamonds or no diamonds etc. I finally decided on a simple yellow gold cathedral style solitaire with double prongs. The ring was made by my local jeweller - Trevor Lester in Melbourne and he did a brilliant job. Finally picked my ring up today, perfect timing as its Valentine's day here and I love it! Hope you enjoy it too :wavey:

_27007.jpg

_27008.jpg

_27009.jpg

_27010.jpg

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Although I am not generally a fan of prongs let alone double prongs, I love the look of this ring as it shows off the stone nicely, thanks for sharing!

DK :love:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay :appl:
So glad the beautiful ring is on your finger. It looks fabulous to the max. I do not believe that stone can be called anyone's little sister 8-)
What's not to love about this ring :love: :love: The total look is so timeless and understated chique. The yellow metal combines so well with the green (Victor was so right about that combination). How lucky you are with such a local jeweller. I love the double prongs as well as the dimensions of the shank compared to the size of the stone. The stone takes center stage in your ring. I love that Gene's stones are fabulous in itself: they do not seem to need diamonds to make them shine.

Enjoy wearing your ring Ricezo: what a fabulous day to receive yours :wavey:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The colour of the nail varnish contrasts extremely well against the blue-green in the stone, well chosen!

If that is considered as "little", then mine is going to be an infant! ;))

DK :bigsmile:

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you ladies!! :wavey:

Acinom - I'm so so happy with how it turned out. I'm very glad that I went with yellow gold although it was a tough decision. I think the White would have brought the blue out more whereas the yellow emphasises the green. Both are beautiful! Also, had I not found PS I would have had no idea about the different prong types. Loving the double prongs!!

DK - glad you like my polish! I treated myself to a mani/pedi today to celebrate my new baby!

I went for a walk with the BF today and he was highly embarrassed as I insisted on stopping every 5 metres to snap pics!

_27019.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That came out beautiful!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Came back, hoping for more pics :naughty:
How do you evaluate your ring after wearing it for a few hours. Do you prefer the blue or the light green flashes or both? And is it ring comfortable. Does it spin a bit? You made some great choices Ricezo.

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful!!! I love the contrast with your nail polish. That is a gorgeous gem!

sparkleismyfavcolor

Shiny_Rock
Wow you did great!! That is gorgeous! :love:

I also love the beautiful color of the stone with your nail polish. :D

Wear it in health and happiness!

LoversKites

Brilliant_Rock
That's fantastic.

julesxxxooo

Rough_Rock
I am generally not drawn to green, but I LOVE yours!!!

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
TL|1423922792|3832472 said:
That came out beautiful!

Thanks TL! I'm so happy with how it turned out! I think I need a few more yellow gold pieces now!

Acinom said:
Came back, hoping for more pics :naughty:
How do you evaluate your ring after wearing it for a few hours. Do you prefer the blue or the light green flashes or both? And is it ring comfortable. Does it spin a bit? You made some great choices Ricezo.

Hi Acinom - after wearing it for several hours I have to say that I love it! Gene is so talented, I could spend all day admiring the amazing cut and colour play of this stone. I love the blue and green flashes equally - this morning I can see both and the interplay of the darker green of the stone with light green and blue flashes is beautiful! The ring is very comfortable to wear and fits like a glove, it does not spin at all. I have to thank my jeweller for this as he insisted on a closer fit and thicker shank than I'd normally wear so that the ring is substantial and supports the stone and to avoid spinning. I can't stop staring at it!!

As requested, here are some more pics!

_27033.jpg

_27034.jpg

_27035.jpg

_27036.jpg

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
mariedtiger|1423925406|3832476 said:
Beautiful!!! I love the contrast with your nail polish. That is a gorgeous gem!

Thank you marriedtiger! I feel very lucky to own this gem! Btw I absolutely love your 40th bday ring it is to die for! I'd love an asymetrical multicolour cluster ring of my own one day!

sparkleismyfavcolor said:
Wow you did great!! That is gorgeous! :love:

I also love the beautiful color of the stone with your nail polish. :D

Wear it in health and happiness!

Thanks sparkleismyfavcolor! Glad you like the stone with the nail polish! I wasn't sure what colour to paint my nails but I think this pink looks nice with the tourm!

_27040.jpg

_27041.jpg

_27042.jpg

_27043.jpg

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
LoversKites|1423927248|3832486 said:
That's fantastic.

Thanks for your kind words LK! I'm ecstatic! I think this is my new favourite ring.

julesxxxooo said:
I am generally not drawn to green, but I LOVE yours!!!

Thanks Jules! I've always preferred blues to greens but lately (since getting my tourm) I've started loving greens too. I love blues, green blues, blue greens and greens now but I'm not a fan of yellow greens like peridot. I would love to own a collection of stones in the blue green spectum - indicolite tourmaline, paraiba or cuprian tourmaline, seafoam green garnet/tourm, mint garnet, green blue zircon, teal sapphire!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
[quote="ricezo|
Hi Acinom - after wearing it for several hours I have to say that I love it! Gene is so talented, I could spend all day admiring the amazing cut and colour play of this stone. I love the blue and green flashes equally - this morning I can see both and the interplay of the darker green of the stone with light green and blue flashes is beautiful! The ring is very comfortable to wear and fits like a glove, it does not spin at all. I have to thank my jeweller for this as he insisted on a closer fit and thicker shank than I'd normally wear so that the ring is substantial and supports the stone and to avoid spinning. I can't stop staring at it!!

As requested, here are some more pics![/quote]

Ah, those new pics :love: :love: I love the chique substantial, yet delicate look of your ring. I am so glad to learn that your ring sits so comfortable on your finger. Very skilful of your jeweler. And Gene is a great artist indeed. Did you show him the pics of your ring?

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
I'm swooning over this :love: :love: :love: Your pictures really show the color, it looks amazing! Love the YG setting & those double prongs :lickout: The stone looks perfect on your finger, what size do you wear? What are the dimensions of the stone?

This batch of tourms from Gene really are spectacular! I love the color & soooo want one!

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Acinom|1423985856|3832866 said:
[quote="ricezo|

As requested, here are some more pics!

Ah, those new pics :love: :love: I love the chique substantial, yet delicate look of your ring. I am so glad to learn that your ring sits so comfortable on your finger. Very skilful of your jeweler. And Gene is a great artist indeed. Did you show him the pics of your ring?[/quote]

Thanks Acinom, I'm glad you approve! Yes! I sent a few photos to Gene and he asked if he could put them up on his site. :)) Did you send him pics of your ring?? I wore my ring to work today and it looks great in office lighting yay. I'm so paranoid of knocking it though! How are you enjoying your ring? Are you still wearing it regularly? Please keep posting photos!!

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
woofmama|1424010883|3832930 said:
I'm swooning over this :love: :love: :love: Your pictures really show the color, it looks amazing! Love the YG setting & those double prongs :lickout: The stone looks perfect on your finger, what size do you wear? What are the dimensions of the stone?

This batch of tourms from Gene really are spectacular! I love the color & soooo want one!

Aww thanks woofmama!! It is 3.85ct and 8.85mm. My ring size is 4.75 - 5 depending but I think this one is 4.75. Jewellers here use the British system so I get very confused with my ring size here lol. There are way too many letters!

Here are a couple of Valentine's day pics I took with my roses!

_27089.jpg

_27090.jpg

_27091.jpg

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hand model! You could make anything look gorgeous, but that ring is stunning on you! For some reason, it seems more saturated and greener than the others, but whatever - the ring is lovely and you rock it!

S

SparkliesLuver

ricezo, it looks completely at home on your lovely, lovely hand! :love: :appl: I'm so thrilled for you. It's gorgeous. The yellow gold looks great with it and the proportions of everything are perfect. You indeed have a talented jeweler! I'm so happy you got to wear it this weekend.

By the way, the bit about your BF being embarrassed on your walk is so like my DH! :lol:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely setting for a lovely tourmaline. It looks great on you (and off you too). :))

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Ricezo :wavey: Yes, I have sent a link to my thread and pics to Gene. He loves Victor's design.
I wear my ring quite often. It's a very easy going design. I am careful not to damage it though.

Your ring looks amazing surrounded by the Valentine flowers. :love:

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on your new ring! It looks just right on your hand. I think the jeweler was right to make the metal a bit more substantial - the buttercup yellow seems to balance out the tourmaline very nicely. The double claw prongs look very delicate yet sturdy --- great job by your jeweler!

And the tourmaline is simply beautiful - it looks captivating in your photos with the rich green colors with a hint of blue -- I can only imagine it looks much, much better in person! :appl: :appl:

In some of the photos, it looks like there is engraving on the inside of the shank - is this just the jeweler's hallmark or a custom engraving? (just curious!) :bigsmile:

Hope you wear this ring in health and happiness for a long time to come :wavey:

enbcfsobe

Brilliant_Rock
sigh...green + rich yellow gold. congrats on a lovely ring! your jeweler managed to make the setting look strong but graceful -- and with the finger coverage from that "baby" stone i think a narrow shank would have gotten lost. enjoy!! :praise:

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
minousbijoux|1424069316|3833286 said:
Hand model! You could make anything look gorgeous, but that ring is stunning on you! For some reason, it seems more saturated and greener than the others, but whatever - the ring is lovely and you rock it!

Thanks Minou!! I think it is a slightly darker green than the others, I love the colour!

SparkliesLuver said:
ricezo, it looks completely at home on your lovely, lovely hand! :love: :appl: I'm so thrilled for you. It's gorgeous. The yellow gold looks great with it and the proportions of everything are perfect. You indeed have a talented jeweler! I'm so happy you got to wear it this weekend.

By the way, the bit about your BF being embarrassed on your walk is so like my DH! :lol:

Thanks Sparkliesluver! Haha I think he's often embarrassed by me, glad I'm not the only one! I can't wait to see your ring! Glad it has arrived safely :D

Chrono said:
Lovely setting for a lovely tourmaline. It looks great on you (and off you too). :))

Aww thanks Chrono! I'm so glad you approve :))

Acinom said:
Hi Ricezo :wavey: Yes, I have sent a link to my thread and pics to Gene. He loves Victor's design.
I wear my ring quite often. It's a very easy going design. I am careful not to damage it though.

Your ring looks amazing surrounded by the Valentine flowers. :love:

Such a beautiful design, it's definately one of my favourites. Hopefully I'll have one of his masterpieces to call my own one day. :love:

mochiko42 said:
Congratulations on your new ring! It looks just right on your hand. I think the jeweler was right to make the metal a bit more substantial - the buttercup yellow seems to balance out the tourmaline very nicely. The double claw prongs look very delicate yet sturdy --- great job by your jeweler!

And the tourmaline is simply beautiful - it looks captivating in your photos with the rich green colors with a hint of blue -- I can only imagine it looks much, much better in person! :appl: :appl:

In some of the photos, it looks like there is engraving on the inside of the shank - is this just the jeweler's hallmark or a custom engraving? (just curious!) :bigsmile:

Hope you wear this ring in health and happiness for a long time to come :wavey:

Thanks so much Mochiko! I'm so glad that I've found a skilled jeweller (who happens to be a 2 min walk from my house!). The engraving is just the jewellers mark - I am thinking of having a quote or message engraved though just not sure what! I love the colour! The photos are pretty accurate - indoors it is greener like Gene's photo and outdoors it is that rich green colour with blue and light green flashes. The photos don't capture how sparkly the stone is IRL - I was pleasantly surprised as I know tourmalines aren't as refractive as sapphires and some other gemstones.

enbcfsobe said:
sigh...green + rich yellow gold. congrats on a lovely ring! your jeweler managed to make the setting look strong but graceful -- and with the finger coverage from that "baby" stone i think a narrow shank would have gotten lost. enjoy!! :praise:

Thanks enbcfsobe - I'm surprised my iPhone didnt autocorrect your screen name to something random lol. What does it stand for? I agree, my jeweller did a great job with the setting. I love that the ring is substantial yet delicate. I usually prefer thinner shanks but you're right, it would've looked ridiculous in proportion to the stone! And I'm so glad I decided on the yellow gold!!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
BEAUTIFUL classic setting. I hope you are still enjoying this ring. :appl::appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results