shape
carat
color
clarity

Cartier trinity trolling ring; go smaller or larger?

fiona00004

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I am really wanting to jump on the cartier trinity bandwagon and have my eye on a 2mm rolling ring. However, I don't know which size is best for me. I wear a 4.25 and this falls smack in the middle between their sizes 47 (size4) and 48 (size 4.5)... i don't know which size to choose..

Am I right to think that rolling rings have a general looser fit?

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No, they have a tighter fit, go larger. The Cartier ones do anyway, I'm not sure about other brands. I have the one where each band is 3.1mm which is one size below the classic.

fiona00004

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks!! It is a Cartier one that I plan on getting! Been wanting this awhile now..... what would be good price to pay for a preloved 2mm one? In case I have to put in a maximum bid on ebay right before bedtime... heehee :D

Harpertoo

Brilliant_Rock
I was between sizes also and was happy I went larger.
It's definitely more versatile for me depending on how I shift the rings.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fi Z|1424011946|3832937 said:
Thanks!! It is a Cartier one that I plan on getting! Been wanting this awhile now..... what would be good price to pay for a preloved 2mm one? In case I have to put in a maximum bid on ebay right before bedtime... heehee :D

I wouldn't generally go the eBay route, too many fakes. That said, I wouldn't pay much more than 1/2 of the current retail price. Is the 2mm one the ultra skinny one? If it is it's discontinued and no longer available at Cartier. This one in particular I thought I would originally get but then decided against it when I saw it in person, bc the bands are so small it's actually not very obvious that there are three gold colors. Make sure that you can return it if you're not happy.

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Like you, I was right between sizes, so mine is slightly larger than normal and it's fine. I think it would be uncomfortably tight if I'd gone the other way. So I agree with the other posters here.

It's true about so many fakes. I swallowed my pride and got the real thing, which was expensive but there is great peace of mind in knowing you have the real thing, and that due to the certificate with serial number that you get, Cartier will always service it for you.

Do you ever travel internationally? Cartier is much cheaper in Europe, especially if you get it tax-free at an airport. That's what I did, and saved about $150.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mine is one size larger than my normal finger size. I do believe they advise that on their website.

fiona00004

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I got an answer from Cartier... i inquired about their 1.5 mm version and they even say to go a size or two smaller!! :confused:

I just bought a 4.5 or 48 so we will see!! :???:

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
I have the 1.5mm ring and got a 46, which I think is a 3.75. Based on the way it fits me, I wouldn't go smaller!

fiona00004

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
majority of PS experience sys to go larger so that is what I did... hope it works out! excited to wear it!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I bought a full size larger. No regrets. Good luck!

cheers--Sharon

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results