Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Random pictures/stories of our furbabies

Hoover, Your new baby is adorable!!!

hay joe

Shiny_Rock

My wife's "Hansom Ransom". She loves him greatly.

_26951.jpg

_26952.jpg

_26953.jpg

PattyCo

Brilliant_Rock

Awwww he looks like a sweetie!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

My sweet little kitten faced trouble maker is STILL yellow. It has been almost a full month but at least it is fading!

I left dinner on to simmer (look in the tea thread for one of my new favorite recipes :lickout: ) while I took "A" to the dentist. Got home to a rather frustrated DH and a cat in time out (to spare the rest of the house...).

Lily got up on the stove and pulled a dried lime out of the pot... With extra turmeric.
Yellow stained floor mat, counters, living room wall, chair cushion..... And the bright yellow culprit. I got a couple of pictures but none really caught the full horror/hilarity of this nearly neon yellow cat. Her entire front plus paws and (previously) white tummy.

Um.... Yikes!
Thank goodness for the thick covers protecting the couches!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

OMG Too Patient. That's hilarious. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

My Duncan likes food with dried limes and turmeric. We don't give him any, as anything with dried limes and turmeric has onion in it, inevitably, but he is a HUGE fan of Ab Goosht and Ghemieh and if I don't move fast enough he'll be in it. Heavy lids while cooking are a must. So is watching the table once it's being served. And immediately rinsing any dishes with the stuff on it.

It didn't even occur to me to tell you, I thought it was just his quirk.

And yes, turmeric stains like the dickens. They actually use it as a natural dye-- Persian Rugs for example the dyes are plant based and the yellow and oranges are from turmeric. And it stains permanently.

This is my Whitey (formerly known as Merlin) when he got into some turmeric. Fortunately it was only the powder, which doesn't really stain that bad, so he was only a light yellow, as compared as any that is mixed with liquid, which will give you a truly neon shade.

But he had the yellow blotches for weeks.

2012-04-05_19-17-06_225.jpg

2012-04-05_19-17-15_190.jpg

2012-04-05_19-17-01_232.jpg

Kelinas

Shiny_Rock

Ohmygaaaawsh Gyspy!
Your Merlin is too cute with his yellow stains! :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

No picture from me but it seems as if to mark being 5 months old, Sir Remington Astraeus has learned how to hiss.

And hasn't stopped since :wall:
Driving me insane!

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Heehee, that Merlin, he loves him some turmeric! Love those pics!

Handsome Ransom, oh I just want to HUG HIM and pet his beautiful coat. What soulful eyes he has!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

Merlin is actually my only cat that will not touch human food. He loves cat treats though. And the cabinet where he was trying to find treats happened to be where I store the turmeric, and he knocked it over then went to investigate, as a curious kid, so... yellow kitty.

Kelinas-- sorry about the hissing.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Not just your kitty's habit! Mine is awful that way too.

I have to keep the counters clear and dishes clean but she has never actually pulled anything out of a pot before :nono:

Oh well.

Plan to remodel the kitchen someday anyway. Hmmm.... I wonder what counter material won't be ruined by turmeric?
Good thing I have some more years to contemplate!

PattyCo

Brilliant_Rock

Yay, my daughter sent me some pictures of her kitties! I'll post more later as we are heading out the door...

chanel_and_oliver.jpg

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium

My cats believe that if it rolls or wobbles, it's a toy. Hence, my beleaguered apples. I found 3 red potatoes under the bed last week. :bigsmile:

apples.jpg

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

hay joe|1423759575|3831381 said:
My wife's "Hansom Ransom". She loves him greatly.

Aw, what a sweetie joe! Love his eyes! :love:

hay joe

Shiny_Rock

We all are so lucky to have such wonderful animals join us in life. Thanks for the kind comments. I made a picnic bench for the kids and load tested it. He's a good dog.

bench_test.jpg

PattyCo

Brilliant_Rock

Hey Joe, that is such a cute picture of Hansom Ransom.

Gypsy and Matata isn't it funny the kinds of human food pets like? We've had cats that loved peas, broccoli, and corn, but not tomatoes. My sisters dog love carrots, but only after they have been skinned. If you give her an unskinned one she backs away from it, lol!

My daughter currently has 2 Bengal cats named Oliver and Chanel. Oliver is a bit shy but Chanel is super friendly and vocal. She will even go for walks! I miss them since we moved...

chanel_at_the_park.jpg

_27093.jpg

oliver_impersonating_mufasa.jpg

oliver_and_chanel.jpg

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Beautiful Bengals. Out of my 4 cats, Atticus will taste human foods but he likes very few. Spinach is a favorite. He does, however, consider any human food within reach of his paws to be toys. One of the others will eat anything organic and the other 2 won't touch human food.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Happy 1st Birthday to my sweet handsome Atticus. His birthday presents are buffalo hide stuffed toys -- which he decided to play with in bed this morning which is when I found out the buffalo toys shed :bigsmile: And tonight he gets a salmon steak for dinner.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAq1EPHuaUw

birthday_boy.jpg

isaku5

Ideal_Rock

Our elderly Tuxedo cat has always loved Caesar salad dressing - especially if it has loads of garlic.

About four years ago, he became very ill and would neither eat nor drink anything. We force fed him and syringed water between his gums every four hours (night and day) for two weeks. We were at a loss as to what else to do. His long time vet suggested euthanasia; I couldn't face that yet so we took him to a state of the art veterinary hospital an hour away from us.

The vets there assessed his situation and then came to speak to us. They were almost certain that they could fix him for a four figure amount. I gave them permission to go ahead, but I asked to be contacted every evening.

Long story shorter, we picked him up after five days and he howled loudly in the back seat all the way home. He was in the house for a couple of hours before he started eating his kibble all by himself. What a breakthrough! There was no way he was going back to the hospital. He's still doing well and will be 16 next month; we hope he makes it. :appl:

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Isaku .... garlic is toxic to cats, even in small quantities it can damage red blood cells.

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Matata|1424118691|3833505 said:
Isaku .... garlic is toxic to cats, even in small quantities it can damage red blood cells.

Yes - please don't feed garlic (or onion) containing foods to them!

PattyCo

Brilliant_Rock

Matata, Atticus is such a regal cat! Look at that pose he is striking, like an Emperor. And Happy Birthday to him :dance: ...

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

OMG, love the new additions!

Hay Joe, Hansom Ransom is such a sweet baby. I can see why your wife adores him!

Hoover, Ooh Smudge is precious!

LOL Gypsy, what a personality your Whitey/Merlin has. Haha love the pictures. We renamed one of our kitties too. I thought we were the only ones who did that hehe.

And haha on Duncan loving dried limes and turmeric. Yay for heavy lids lol. Cats can be so fast and sneaky. :cheeky:

PattyCo, love your daughter's sweet kitties Oliver and Chanel. So beautiful.

Matata, happy 1st birthday to your sweet Atticus.

Isaku, I am keeping your dear Tuxedo cat (what is his name so I can think his name with my good thoughts and prayers) in my thoughts and prayers. Good for you for not giving up on him 4 years ago and hugs to you both. I hope he continues to do well. Happy birthday to him in advance. He sure knows he is loved very much! :appl:

PattyCo

Brilliant_Rock

Thank you, Missy.

And a very Happy Early Birthday to Tuxedo :clap: :appl: :dance:

isaku5

Ideal_Rock

Matata|1424118691|3833505 said:

Thank you for that info. Could I pass you over to Sammy? He's been loving that poison for years. No more from me :angel:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hey Joe,

Hansom Ransom is a beauty. It's easy to see why your wife is in love with him.

I read your entire thread "I am not to old to learn" the other night thru many tears. The love you and your wife feel for the children came shining thru in every one of your posts. You are a wonderful man Joe!

isaku5

Ideal_Rock

Thanks, Missy. His name is 'Sammy' and we love him to pieces. :love: :wavey:

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock

Home sick today from work. Opilio, Clementine and Goose took care of me. Well..Opilio apparently just sat on my head so I'm not sure how helpful that was but it's the thought that counts right?

img_7086.jpg

img_7087.jpg

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Packrat, Your babies are adorable and so helpful! I hope you feel better soon.

PattyCo

Brilliant_Rock

Awwwww, Packrat, your cats gave you the "Kittie Kure"! I am sure all that furry lovin' will soak in real good and you will be better in no time :appl:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

That is so sweet! I love it when all my cats join me on the couch. Funny how animals seem to have that sense when their
human isnt feeling well.

Kelinas

Shiny_Rock

Being cute :bigsmile:

cymera_20150221_010653.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results