shape
carat
color
clarity

Seeking suggestions, 8mm round

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:wavey: Hello CSers! I have been obsessed with the Sholdt semi bezel for a long time. I have recently been dabbling in yellow gold and I really love the way most CS look in yellow gold. Large RBs in diamonds aren't my thing (or in my budget) but I think a fairly large CS would be amazing.

So...what should I be looking at? I know I want as close to 8mm as I can get and I wouldn't want a stone that's insanely deep BC it would need to fit the setting. This ring would be an RHR so not meant for daily wear. Budget would be up to 1k but less would be better. I was thinking something like blue zircon could be pretty cool and budget friendly but I'm not sure who cuts the best ones or what I should really look for.

LoversKites

Brilliant_Rock
First, what colours are you interested in?

endless_summer

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
OMG - I so know what I mean! I love the Sholdt semi-bezels, both the traditional and the bypass, and have a CS that I intend on setting in one of the two. 8mm is a great size and should totally be doable. As LoversKites ask, what colors do you like? Have you started checking out various vendors webpages? I feel like Mastercut & Gemfix typically have a lot of variety and a great selection at reasonable price points, so you may want to browse their stones and go from there :)

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I mentioned blue zircon in my post so something in the blue/teal family. I am open to other suggestions though, I just think these colors look really good in yellow gold.

LoversKites

Brilliant_Rock
Asscherhalo_lover|1422893731|3826010 said:
I mentioned blue zircon in my post so something in the blue/teal family. I am open to other suggestions though, I just think these colors look really good in yellow gold.

Love zircon. Multicolour has some but their largest blue round is 7.3mm. They have a big inventory and could likely find you a larger one if you ask. Also, their photos tend to be more saturated than the gems IRL so keep that in mind. If you ask them to find you a larger one you may as well say you also want one with high saturation.

They have both step cut and diamond cut rounds.

http://www.multicolour.com/detail/?-535538279
http://www.multicolour.com/detail/?1213628772

These two are too small but it's the saturation I prefer, if going to by the pictures:

http://www.multicolour.com/detail/?-668716761
http://www.multicolour.com/detail/?-1632693334

You could go to a facetor for custom cut but they'll obviously be pricier.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you! I am def. going for saturated!

S

SparkliesLuver

Asscherhalo_lover said:
Thank you, does he do "drops" like other vendors or just post them up as they are available?

Sure thing. He adds them when available. I'd email him and tell him what you're looking for. :)

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
SparkliesLuver|1422904188|3826116 said:
Asscherhalo_lover said:
Thank you, does he do "drops" like other vendors or just post them up as they are available?

Sure thing. He adds them when available. I'd email him and tell him what you're looking for. :)

Thanks!

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So Roger posted this one on LP today and I put it on hold....3.29cts and 7.6mm, what do you all think? I'm just waiting to hear from BGD that the setting will accommodate the 6.1mm depth.

zirconbluerd3_29ct_1042b.jpg

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Did Roger cut this one?

ElleK

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Is this an existing setting? I believe that Sholdt makes their rings custom around the stone, so I don't know that there would be an issue with the stone fitting, unless it's an existing setting.

I think it was MakingTheGrade who had a teal blue tourmaline round in a YG semi-bezel a few years ago, if you want to do a search through her threads to get an idea of sort of what it would look like.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No this would be made for it, thank you for the info I was worried bc the depth is much more than a diamond would normally be of this diameter.

S

SparkliesLuver

I think it's lovely! :love: Great choice. Can't wait to hear back! Fingers crossed the depth is okay.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm going ahead with the stone! I called BGD and they said since Sholdt makes the settings to order it's not a problem, yay! I'm going to buy the stone now and wait a few months for the setting.

S

SparkliesLuver

Perfect. Congrats! You must post pictures of the stone when it arrives. ;-)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results