shape
carat
color
clarity

What Are You Doing for Valentine's?

MisterMadelise

Shiny_Rock
What are you doing for Valentine's Day today?

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
Today is chore day! I'm home cleaning house while my dh works 10am-9pm. Tomorrow, we're making dinner together and going to see a movie.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
We're going out for a special dinner tonight at our Country Club (with friends). We took the kids to breakfast this morning and stopped to pick up a bouquet of flowers for the babysitter, who so kindly agreed to babysit for us tonight because she had no plans =)

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Went out for breakfast with DH and DS to a new place. Total disaster. Now I'm sitting eating my vday present - a heart-shaped strawberry cheesecake.

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
we are doing nothing, hubby is working, the weather is horrible, currently white out conditions..I am however making snickerdoodle cookies and a good meal :appl:

ponder

Brilliant_Rock
Laundry and cleaning the bathrooms currently. Our annual super romantic dinner at IHOP might not happen tonight as the kids are super grumpy today. We had an awesome playdate last night that went wayyyy past bedtime and they are acting like a bunch of hung over 80 year olds today.

DH skipped the flowers this year and got me a very nice cabernet. We may stay home and grill as it is 65 degrees out and breezy. But I may have to make some snicker doodles. Sounds so very yummy.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Stringing snares for the shop. Taking a break to watch an episode or two of Walking Dead before he has to get ready for work. Daughter is the community theater children's play so will be taking her to that later. Then I shall relax and read some more of my book and watch some of my dvr'd murder mystery shows.

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
Appetizers and drinks at a friend's home before we all head to the bowling alley!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nothing much, cooked myself one of my favourite comfort foods, namely Spaghetti Carbonara washed down with a large glass of red wine, putting my feet up now to watch Roman Holiday on DVD, which is one of the best romantic film ever made IMHO.

I could have gone out on a function tonight, however, don't fancy the idea of mingling with other singletons on a Valentine's night, and prefer the company of my pets.

DK :))

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looking forward to fresh oysters at our favorite restaurant today! :lickout:

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Spin with DH this morning, lunch and shopping with DD this afternoon and dinner to night with DH and after dinner drinks with friends...maybe... :naughty:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
m-2-b|1423949975|3832622 said:
Looking forward to fresh oysters at our favorite restaurant today! :lickout:
Feed him a lot of oysters... :naughty:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mayk|1423950574|3832628 said:
Spin with DH this morning, lunch and shopping with DD this afternoon and dinner to night with DH and after dinner drinks with friends...maybe... :naughty:
Maybe what?... :confused:

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
DH made me breakfast, then we went and bought a mattress :naughty: and had some lunch. Now we're home, sipping on some good wine, munching on some chocolate covered strawberries looking for a movie to watch on Netflix or Amazon.

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
We are content at home, it is just awful outside, in the teens & windchill in negative territory. Its just good to be at home with my sweetie. We have a rain check for a nice night out, dinner would be our preference.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hubby is in NYC for business so I'm in Green Bay with the daughter. Already been to a totally packed Olive Garden!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not a single thing. DH is working. I bought the kids some Sees candy. I went to a mall and it was crazy packed with lots of couples looking like they were there on a date. I guess there are lots of restaurants there but it was the middle of the afternoon.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We had a wonderful homemade Italian dinner at the home of friends with a group of our friends! I am so stuffed! It was fun, though!

How about you, Mr. Madelise? Any Valentine's plans? Are you associated with our member here named Madelise??? I have been wondering about that!

ihy138

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
We are mid-blizzard here in the Northeast. I am snowed in with my hubby and the dog watching Boardwalk Empire after we had sushi take-out. They are both snoring. This is my bliss!

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1423976898|3832820 said:
We had a wonderful homemade Italian dinner at the home of friends with a group of our friends! I am so stuffed! It was fun, though!

How about you, Mr. Madelise? Any Valentine's plans? Are you associated with our member here named Madelise??? I have been wondering about that!

Yes!! It would be so creepy if he wasn't, haha!!!

This was actually the Mister's first Valentine's Day, and I put him up to the challenge of surprising me and planning the day :razz: He did good! We picnicked at Griffith Park. He cooked us chicken with Marsala wine sauce, Chinese Brocolli (I had no idea there was such a thing?!), and mashed potatoes.. and brought along Ferrero Rocher (mm my favoriteeeee), wine for him, and soda pop for me (I'm choosing to not drink).

Then we spent a few hours wandering the old abandoned historic Los Angeles Zoo. We crawled through the tiny (about 2 feet tall) crawl spaces the animals went through, and went inside cages. It's scary how tiny and cramped the spaces were. Thank god they closed the old zoo down. The stairs are extremely steep and I could hardly hold my own balance. I can't imagine animals being confined in there :( The place is completely covered in graffiti now and it's actually very urban pretty!

I saved 50 Shades of Grey for the girlfriends ;-)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hope everyone enjoyed Valentine's Day however and with whomever they celebrated it.

We had a quiet evening at home. Dinner prepared by my dh (as usual) and we watched 2 movies on Netflix. Just the perfect way to celebrate on a cold winter's day and night. I don't care for the special menus restaurants tend to have on these holidays so we prefer to eat out on non holiday nights.

Some sweet pics of valentine's day love...enjoy. :love:

dog-and-cat-sleeping-copy.jpg

boxofchocolatepuppieslove.jpeg

dog-etsy-valentines-day.jpg

kittyanddogkissing.jpg

RandG

Brilliant_Rock
We did a nice dinner out on Friday because of the anticipated Saturday weather issues here. I did treat myself to a pretty spectacular piece of bling but I'm going to wait to post :)

Missy, I have to add Eddie to your cuties. Vday is Eddie's one year anniversary with us. How insanely awesome is this little guy?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG Rand, Eddie is GORGEOUS!!! He reminds me of my sweet sweet Billy. Billy was a lighter grey kitty though. He was the love of our life and my dh and I miss him so much! Thank you for sharing your sweet kitty's picture. And happy Valentine's weekend to you both. :love: :wavey:

Oh and no fair being a tease! Please post a pic of the new bling...pretty please. :naughty:

ETA: OK I will post a classic Billy pic from 10 years ago. He had a love affair with food LOL and he was visiting my parents while my dh and I were away. They turned their heads for a moment and look where he went haha. They snapped this lovely pic. Now your turn for the bling pic. :cheeky:

billyfreezer.jpg

RandG

Brilliant_Rock
OMG-- he's adorable! He looks like he has a ton of personality! I'm so sorry he's not with you anymore. He left a legacy, for sure!

I realized last night the piece was posted to the vendor site so its out there. I'm not ready to share it here. There are a couple elements I'm not quite sure about yet. Its a great example of a really fine old cut though and I did something pretty special with it. It belongs in the PS library. Just not quite yet...

BTW, I adore your collection. Magnificent.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aww, thank you Rand. And I totally understand about not being ready to share your gorgeous new piece here yet. I can be patient... :halo:

I am sure it is amazing and look forward to seeing it when you are ready.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A couple days before Valentine's day cards came up and I completely straight faced told DH I got him a card. I really thought he knew that after 12 years he I hadn't. But he took me seriously! So I got a card. And we went out to a local caf for a full English breakfast. The just to Oxford Street for a bit of shopping. For dinner I cooked lasagne (and still messed it up, 2nd time in 2 weeks!) and we watched Big Hero 6.

A day like any other but nice!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awwww. I love the box of chocolate Weens, and the ween with the kitty. So adorable. I am a sucker for a wiener dog.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
We're both sick, so we didn't do anything but cough a lot and give each other cold medicine. Romantic, huh? :bigsmile: We had ordered a pizza in anticipation for the snow storm we were getting, so we watched a movie and had pizza.

Rena7

Shiny_Rock
I've been sick all week so I wasn't really up to much. We took the kids with us to lunch at Olive Garden and then came home where I promptly took a nap. That was all the excitement I was up for.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I worked...

...but we're going to dinner tonight. [emoji106]

imageuploadedbytapatalk1424031659.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results