shape
carat
color
clarity

Any idea what era and type of pendant this is??

melsue129

Rough_Rock
This pendant is hollow. Ive searched high and low on the internet for a similar piece and I can not find it for the life of me. Its too pieces snapped together to make a pendant. there are no hallmarks or markings any where. There is a small slit opening in the bottom of this pendant which you can pop it open. Nothing on the inside either. It has a small flat tag (if thats what you want to call it) on the top of the pendant (attached to the back piece) to hand it from a ring for a necklace. I would like to know any info that anyone is willing to share. here are a few photos

photo_1087.jpg

antique_brass_cameo11.jpg

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
This looks like Art Nouveau to me, but the pattern on the flat area behind the lady's profile makes me wonder if it might be costume jewelry. Is there a gold stamp on the bale? Any stamps on the inside?

What a pretty pendant!!

melsue129

Rough_Rock
There are not any markings on the bail.. and no stamps on the inside either.. see these photos

If its some piece of costume jewelry what age/era do you think it from?

_26927.jpg

under1.jpg

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
I really don't know when it was manufactured, but it is in the style of Art Nouveau, which was quite popular and eventually made its influence apparent in later decades right through to the modern times, and was common in affordably-priced costume pieces. The metal might be brass if it seems heavy, or if light then possibly base metal with gold plating. If you get the sense that it might be gold, by all means have it tested by a local jeweller, but in any case it's a lovely little thing and such fun to wear.

Best of luck!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results