shape
carat
color
clarity

My collection (SSP, GSSP, Tahitian, Akoyas, Ripples, SoC)

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Re: My collection (SSP, GSSP, Tahitian, Akoyas, Ripples, SoC

Fly Girl|1422938010|3826397 said:
ennui|1422936782|3826392 said:
I just know that it is so heavy, that fine chain starts to cut into my neck within an hour. Just for reference, that bottom fireball weighs 17 grams. It would be OK on a different chain or cord. I do love that pearl. I call it the Rorschach pearl, because everyone sees something different.

That pendant is lovely. If the fine chain is the problem, I would remove the chain (remove the bar at the end, and have it repaired later), and add a larger bale (a simple ring through the top twist on the akoya would work) to the top. Then you can wear it with a larger and more comfortable chain.

Second this idea.

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade

Well if all they have done is to run a wire through and create loops at the top and bottom .. then the jeweller can just nip the last wire out (the one holding pearl #2) , this will release the Fireball but keep the eye pin intact . Then run another wire through pearl #2 and reloop it ... add another pearl at bottom and just put a little eye pin in it and attach when making the bottom loop. You're talking about 2 inches of wire .. even if it's gold it's not that much and a gold eye pin .. again not too much ... and a pearl. That way your fireball is still intact with an eye pin and you can put it on a different chain either as is or attach to enhancer.

Wendy does that sound reasonable? :think:

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock

You have an absolutely amazing collection!! I Love that soufflé, opal necklace!!

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock

What an amazing collection, cyndaco! My favourite are the mixed SSPs, but they are all so pretty. Thank you for sharing!

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade

Pearlescence|1422896610|3826039 said:
if you do get that laser welder can I fly over once a month to do my welding/soldering, Katbran?

Of course .. no problem what so ever ... well...maybe a little money issue to over come... on my part...

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock

cyndaco - This has been an incredible treat! Your collection is amazing - no wonder you love to wear them so often! If I had to pick a favorite it would be the mixed SS pearls but they're all so lovely. Congratulations on your pearls!

ennui - I can't help you with how to redesign your necklace but that fireball is stunning! Can't wait to see what happens!

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I can't believe I missed the neck shots earlier....so pretty!!!

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock

These are amazing!

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock

Thanks for sharing, Cyndayco. Delicious collection!

cyndayco

Rough_Rock

Hello, everyone.

Here are my latest and biggest addition to the collection: AA/AA+ golden south sea pearls. They are huge--12.9-15mm and about 18-inches long.

I bought them from an online seller on Facebook, and I was so afraid they wouldn't meet my expectations. They've got shallow pits here and there, but from a foot away, you'd never notice.

img_7765.jpg

img_7766.jpg

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock

Omg. I'm speechless. :love:

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock

O M G, :love: :love: Love this so much I'm so jealous :Up_to_something: , you have such lovely new pearls the color is fabulous! You look like a queen! Who is the vendor if you don't mind me asking? Also, can I borrow them? :angel:

cyndayco

Rough_Rock

Thanks, icy_jade and Frost Me.

I bought them from Lorrie Daloma who runs her business out of her FB page L's Pearls and Accessories.

She sells mostly SSPs. She claims to get her A-AA golden south seas from Jewelmer's farms, possibly those that didn't make the cut. I was skeptical at first, but her golden pearls are consistently superior to the rest of her inventory.

Not sure I can ever lend this to anyone, but perhaps icy_jade host a pearl party in Singapore someday. Then we can fly and compare baubles!

Bailey1856

Shiny_Rock

Wonderful!!! They look great on you.
I like Lorrie she is so nice,she answers all my questions.

krissy7

Shiny_Rock

Amazingly beautiful necklace! I hope you enjoy wearing it.

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock

cyndayco|1430236681|3869026 said:
Thanks, icy_jade and Frost Me.

Not sure I can ever lend this to anyone, but perhaps icy_jade host a pearl party in Singapore someday. Then we can fly and compare baubles!

OK :tongue: !

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results