shape
carat
color
clarity

How big for pearl studs?

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pearl paradise sent a teaser email for a sale on Monday, I'm thinking about going for a nice set of Freshadama white studs, how big should I go? Ear shots would be helpful! I'm aiming for the 8-10mm range.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Go as big as is comfortable for you. It also depends on the size of your earlobes. I prefer 8-9mm studs. Others love 10-12mm studs.

It all depends.

today_13.jpg

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
This pair is also 9mm, as you can see, they look like a smaller set on me than on FlyGirl, so it does depend on your earlobe size.

_26817.jpg

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
I like a 9mm stud. I have a few pairs, and they are usually my first reach.

I have a pair of 10.5 white; they are big. Just a caution, if you spend a lot of time on the phone, the bigger pearls get knocked out more easily. The last time I wore the 10.5, I found myself on my hands and knees under the desk looking for my stupid earring. Twice in the same day. :roll:

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you all for the pics and the info on the phone! I realize it's subjective of course but I like hearing people's opinions anyway :)

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here's a shot of PP's 9-10mm white metallics. I really like the size on me and don't have phone issues.

pp_fw_metallic_0.jpg

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
I have had a headset for my telephone at work for years. I love it so much, I purchased one for home as well.

Completely eliminates the earring issue, because the little earpiece rests above the lobe. Long conference calls are much more comfortable now. I highly recommend this technology.

headset.jpg

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It really depends on the size of one's earlobe IMHO, and here is a pic of me wearing a 10mm Tahitian from PP on my fat earlobe:

pp_tahitian_studs.jpg

And here is a pic of a pair of 12mm:

hk_tahitian_studs.jpg

Although my earlobe can take the 12mm, the big pearls protrude too much and make me look like a frog/chameleon (fat face with short hair, and the earrings stick out too much), so I don't wear the 12mm anymore and still with the 10mm only.

DK :))

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
Remember, as well, that a white pearl will appear visually larger than a black pearl of the same size.

It's like white pants vs black pants. :think:

Pearlescence

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
The bigger the better as far as I am concerned! I have some 14mm white and 14mm tahitians - both buttons which is a good plan to reduce the sticking out thing since a 14mm button will only have a depth of maybe 9mm. Because they are flat to my ear they don't tend to flop as much either.

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I quite like the fat buttons as well..they seem to sit better on your ear...but then they are not always easy to find when you want to buy something lol Isn't that always the way..

I think 9.5-10 is pretty safe regardless of ear size. I tend to like bigger ones .. they show up better as my hair covers my ears.

white 10-10.5 appear to be out of stock anyway.

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
12 in first piercing 8 in second.

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
My tahitians are 10.5 and I love them. Currently looking for round 12mm to 13mm Freshwaters. Bigger is always better.

dsc04308.jpg

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
Another vote for fat button pearls as stud earrings. I just looked, and my button pearl earrings are all around 10-11 mm. They are easier to wear than the rounds.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I guess I have smallish earlobes. I find an 8.5mm works well for daily wear and gives reasonable lobe coverage. I have to use a large backing for this size too.

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
cmd2014|1423416848|3829355 said:
I guess I have smallish earlobes. I find an 8.5mm works well for daily wear and gives reasonable lobe coverage. I have to use a large backing for this size too.

Me too CMD, my earlobes are small and I have a little lower pierce. I don't mind the look that a round hangs a little, I too use a large back (I love the large gold filled back from Rio Grande) it works so well. Loving all these photos thanks ladies!

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Just a friendly reminder that trade members cannot post photos of their own items or items from their stock, and as such some photos in this thread have been removed.

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a pair of 9.5mm Freshadama studs and they look just huge on me, even though I have decent-sized lobes. Wish I could take a photo, but Pearl Paradise has them at the moment! They do stick out, and I don't think I could have them any bigger at all.

Edit: A-ha! I already did a thread on them. Here you are. PP measured them and they are exactly 9.5mm, so if you ordered the 9-9.5mm but want the largest in that range, ask PP to pick you a max-size pair. The strand of 9-9.5mm Freshadamas that I had recently were closer to 9mm, and the size difference was noticeable.

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/9-9-5mm-freshadama-studs-pearl-paradise.207868/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/9-9-5mm-freshadama-studs-pearl-paradise.207868/[/URL]

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
This is a size 10 mm Round Metallic Freshwater.

dsc04050.jpg

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooooh, I love those round metallics Frost Me! I didn't realize they came that round! (I only have strands, and they are quite egg shaped). I'm jealous of your Tahitians too.

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
cmd2014|1423441271|3829531 said:
Ooooh, I love those round metallics Frost Me! I didn't realize they came that round! (I only have strands, and they are quite egg shaped). I'm jealous of your Tahitians too.

Thank you my friend! :wavey: I wish we both could have a strand of these, we would be very very happy.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jambalaya|1423426636|3829426 said:
I have a pair of 9.5mm Freshadama studs and they look just huge on me, even though I have decent-sized lobes. Wish I could take a photo, but Pearl Paradise has them at the moment! They do stick out, and I don't think I could have them any bigger at all.

Edit: A-ha! I already did a thread on them. Here you are. PP measured them and they are exactly 9.5mm, so if you ordered the 9-9.5mm but want the largest in that range, ask PP to pick you a max-size pair. The strand of 9-9.5mm Freshadamas that I had recently were closer to 9mm, and the size difference was noticeable.

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/9-9-5mm-freshadama-studs-pearl-paradise.207868/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/9-9-5mm-freshadama-studs-pearl-paradise.207868/[/URL]

Thank you I think this is exactly what I will end up with!

Thank you all for your suggestions and photos, looking fabulous ladies! Now I'm just waiting for today's special code from pearl paradise, I hope they're still available when the code finally get emailed out!

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So I ordered the 9.5-10mm white freshadama and requested as large as possible, I can't wait to get them!

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
Asscherhalo_lover - I'm a little late to the voting process but I think you'll be very pleased with your choice! Can't wait to hear what you think!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Asscherhalo_lover|1423517544|3829940 said:
So I ordered the 9.5-10mm white freshadama and requested as large as possible, I can't wait to get them!

can't wait to see them!

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I got them today! They are fabulous, just what I wanted! I tried taking pics but it's late and dark so they're terrible. I'll take good ones this weekend! Thanks for your help ladies :clap:

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So glad they worked out. Can't wait to see pics!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Asscherhalo_lover|1423793048|3831653 said:
I got them today! They are fabulous, just what I wanted! I tried taking pics but it's late and dark so they're terrible. I'll take good ones this weekend! Thanks for your help ladies :clap:

can't wait!! :dance:

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Finally an ear shot! These have helped me realize I really need to get one of my ears re-pierced, they were never spaced out right and you can really tell when you're wearing a big pair of pearl studs! This is a pic of the "good" side!

Thanks again for all of your help :appl:

pearlearring.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results