carat
color
clarity

Fragrance of the Day Thread

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What do your guys like to wear ladies?

I just placed an order for my dh as per his request for refills on his Carthusia Mediterraneo, Diptyque Tarocco and Tom Ford Azure Lime. He is one delicious smelling man I can tell you lol.

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy|1422543133|3823813 said:

I just placed an order for my dh as per his request for refills on his Carthusia Mediterraneo, Diptyque Tarocco and Tom Ford Azure Lime. He is one delicious smelling man I can tell you lol.

He has several Creed fragrances

Green Irish Tweed
Himalaya

And he's put in a request for the Virgin a island Water. Ver summery.

He's also a good smelling thing!

Me today... Layered Creed Love in Black over Love in White.... Just a little of the love in black. It's strong!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
I love fragrances on DH but he hates wearing them, so the best I get is when he uses extra soap in the shower and it stays on him for a few extra hours :nono: :rolleyes:

My Favorite fragrance on men is Le Male from Jean Paul Gaultier, it's so spicy and sexy! :love: :naughty:

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
I didn't feel like wearing a "spring" scent today, so I went for something woody and velvety (does that count as a fragrance description???)

Oud Cashmere Mood by Maison Francis Kurkdjian... oud!!! oh how I love oud!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

My DH loves Creed also. His fav is Royal Oud. But he wears what I buy him... :lol: Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille is another go to for him. I bought Virgin Island Water for both of us, but ended up using it all for myself! Bois also has interesting scents.

cheers--Sharon

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mayk|1422549747|3823886 said:

Green Irish Tweed
Himalaya

Me today... Layered Creed Love in Black over Love in White.... Just a little of the love in black. It's strong!

Ooh Mary, I love Green Irish Tweed too...GIT is my very favorite on my dh. I swoon when he wears this fragrance. Unfortunately it is not his favorite and he only wears it for me. It's not his go to fragrance but I wish it was. I tried wearing it since I love it so much on him but it's too masculine for me.

I like many other Creed fragrances as well but unfortunately none of them have any staying power on me whatsoever. They all go poof (on me) after a short time of wearing them so poof to them. :wink2:

Sharon, my dh loves Tom Ford fragrances. Tobacco Vanille is yummy but my dh prefers anything citrusy and is not a big vanilla fan like I am.

ckrickett, I never had the pleasure to smell Le Male from Jean Paul Gaultier but will see if I can take a sniff next time we are fragrance shopping.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
canuk-gal|1422402530|3822923 said:
House Cat|1422389097|3822845 said:
I was in Ulta during the fall and they had a sample bottle of Philosophy's Sunshine Grace, but none for sale. The only way I can describe this scent is to say that it was like laying on the beach. I smelled suntan lotion, floral notes, and I swear I smelled warm sand and sea gulls calling :bigsmile: . I tried finding it everywhere but it was sold out. It is available on Ebay, but I don't know if I trust Ebay for fragrances.

I live in California, but winter is still very tough for me. I really don't feel truly alive until it is at least 70 degrees outside. I am trying to implement little things to make winter less depressing. I think a set of scents that are reminiscent of summer would help greatly.

Do any of you have any suggestions?

HI:

I think we were separated at birth. :bigsmile: I am sure you will gets lots of suggestions, but this is "summer" to me. I like their dry oil in this scent.

http://www.esteelauder.com/products/9781/Product-Catalog/Fragrance/For-Women/Bronze-Goddess

cheers--Sharon
Thanks! I really want to try this one out too! I am going to ask if they bring this back each summer.

It will be 66 degrees outside today. I might go outside without my down jacket. I won't get too crazy though, it is still sweater weather. :bigsmile:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
House Cat|1422626979|3824416 said:
canuk-gal|1422402530|3822923 said:
House Cat|1422389097|3822845 said:
I was in Ulta during the fall and they had a sample bottle of Philosophy's Sunshine Grace, but none for sale. The only way I can describe this scent is to say that it was like laying on the beach. I smelled suntan lotion, floral notes, and I swear I smelled warm sand and sea gulls calling :bigsmile: . I tried finding it everywhere but it was sold out. It is available on Ebay, but I don't know if I trust Ebay for fragrances.

I live in California, but winter is still very tough for me. I really don't feel truly alive until it is at least 70 degrees outside. I am trying to implement little things to make winter less depressing. I think a set of scents that are reminiscent of summer would help greatly.

Do any of you have any suggestions?

HI:

I think we were separated at birth. :bigsmile: I am sure you will gets lots of suggestions, but this is "summer" to me. I like their dry oil in this scent.

http://www.esteelauder.com/products/9781/Product-Catalog/Fragrance/For-Women/Bronze-Goddess

cheers--Sharon
Thanks! I really want to try this one out too! I am going to ask if they bring this back each summer.

It will be 66 degrees outside today. I might go outside without my down jacket. I won't get too crazy though, it is still sweater weather. :bigsmile:

LOL It has been unseasonably warm here--snow is all melting; but that is all to change this weekend...snow and -12C. :knockout:

Anyway, EL often has a special edition in Bronze Goddess since it is popular. Creed Royal Island Water is another scent that reminds me of warmer temps and climates.

cheers--Sharon

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For all you Creed fans Rue La La is having a good sale on Creed..50% off for some fragrances! Hope some of you can enjoy the savings. :appl:

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Today is Amouage - Journey Woman. It has a very delicate warm scent, you get hints of honey, jasmine, tobacco and faint musk. :love:

I am still deciding on my spring scents. I think this might be a must!!!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
missy|1422979612|3826597 said:
For all you Creed fans Rue La La is having a good sale on Creed..50% off for some fragrances! Hope some of you can enjoy the savings. :appl:

you are dangerous!!! :naughty:

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
missy|1422565315|3824059 said:
Mayk|1422549747|3823886 said:

Green Irish Tweed
Himalaya

Ooh Mary, I love Green Irish Tweed too...GIT is my very favorite on my dh. I swoon when he wears this fragrance. Unfortunately it is not his favorite and he only wears it for me. It's not his go to fragrance but I wish it was. I tried wearing it since I love it so much on him but it's too masculine for me.

I like many other Creed fragrances as well but unfortunately none of them have any staying power on me whatsoever. They all go poof (on me) after a short time of wearing them so poof to them. :wink2:

Sharon, my dh loves Tom Ford fragrances. Tobacco Vanille is yummy but my dh prefers anything citrusy and is not a big vanilla fan like I am.

ckrickett, I never had the pleasure to smell Le Male from Jean Paul Gaultier but will see if I can take a sniff next time we are fragrance shopping.

Please do! It is a very strong scent, and oh so spicy. But I think it is so amazing on men!

TechieTechie

Shiny_Rock
Hi Ladies...I'll chime in :)

Name of fragrance and type, eau de toilette, eau de parfum, parfum extrait, cologne: My go to is Bvlgari White Tea

A description of how it smells, what does it remind you of, any pleasant everyday scents or other fragrances: Woody, warm

How does it last on the skin and it's strength, would you knock a skunk out at 20 paces or does the fragrance behave quietly and hover in the background: I think it's overwhelming if not judiciously applied

Availability, where to buy or discontinued? Sephora, IIRC

Do you need to reapply it or will the fragrance last you most of the day? Once a day

How does the scent evolve on your skin or does it stay fairly linear? Linear, I think

Do you use or like any body products that go with it? I use the gel soap, particularly when I can get the free samples from the Ritz Carlton :) That's where I found out about this lovely fragrance

Past Fragrances: Winter: Coco by Chanel, Lancome Magie Noire. Summer: Chanel Allure, Elizabeth W Vetiver

But I admit, I don't usually wear it often enough to wear out the bottle before it goes bad. :wall: I do love it, but not sure I want to smell like (or remind my future prince charming of) a Westin hotel :angryfire:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Must have a look! But our $$ isn't worth a dam!

Did you know Le Labo doesn't provide samples? A friend is in NY and...nothing...is coming my way! :o Really???? How DISAPPOINTING. Must rethink supporting them.....Doesn't Estee Lauder provides samples?? :bigsmile:

cheers--Sharon

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh that is disappointing! But I believe Lucky Scent does provide samples to purchase from Le Labo. That's how I sampled it before I bought. Not sure it is offered all year long however. Just checked and you can get certain samples...

http://www.luckyscent.com/shop/category/468/section/1/page/1/brand/Le_Labo.html

canuk-gal said:

Did you know Le Labo doesn't provide samples? A friend is in NY and...nothing...is coming my way! :o Really???? How DISAPPOINTING. Must rethink supporting them.....Doesn't Estee Lauder provides samples?? :bigsmile:

cheers--Sharon

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
missy|1423057234|3827148 said:
Oh that is disappointing! But I believe Lucky Scent does provide samples to purchase from Le Labo. That's how I sampled it before I bought. Not sure it is offered all year long however. Just checked and you can get certain samples...

http://www.luckyscent.com/shop/category/468/section/1/page/1/brand/Le_Labo.html

canuk-gal said:

cheers--Sharon

I get disheartened too when companies don't offer samples. I have no issues paying 300-400$ a bottle, as long as i know it will smell nice on me and last throughout the day. But Lucky scent makes a fortune off of me from samples (especially when I am trying to buy 1-2 new scents)

I am wearing Le Labos Rose 31 today (a sample from lucky Scent) Still sure I will stick with the Biae rose though.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Even Sisley and La Mer (also owned by Estee Lauder) provides samples!!

I do not expect anyone to understand--but I will never pay for a perfume or make up sample.

cheers--Sharon

TechieTechie

Shiny_Rock
Where do you all go to get samples? I am thinking that I may want to branch out and not smell like a Westin everyday...find something lovely and a bit more rare :wink2:

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
canuk-gal|1423071587|3827277 said:
HI:

I do not expect anyone to understand--but I will never pay for a perfume or make up sample.

cheers--Sharon

I don't think there is anything wrong with that!

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
TechieTechie|1423073035|3827293 said:
Where do you all go to get samples? I am thinking that I may want to branch out and not smell like a Westin everyday...find something lovely and a bit more rare :wink2:

For most hard to find fragrance samples I order from Luckyscent. I have also used Surrender to Chance on occasion, too. But you do have to pay for samples from both of those. If you live close to Barney's they are pretty good about giving samples and carry some great lines. Likewise, Sephora is generally pretty generous- but don't carry a lot of the rare scents. Neiman Marcus, Bergdorf Goodman, Saks, and Nordstrom will give out samples-but generally depends on your relationship with the SA or if you're buying something they will be more generous,too.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
pinkjewel|1423076242|3827321 said:

For most hard to find fragrance samples I order from Luckyscent. I have also used Surrender to Chance on occasion, too. But you do have to pay for samples from both of those. If you live close to Barney's they are pretty good about giving samples and carry some great lines. Likewise, Sephora is generally pretty generous- but don't carry a lot of the rare scents. Neiman Marcus, Bergdorf Goodman, Saks, and Nordstrom will give out samples-but generally depends on your relationship with the SA or if you're buying something they will be more generous,too.

When in LA last summer--the gals in these stores you mention were very generous with samples other than Le Labo! Professional service! The Killian gal gave me a HUGE sample :appl: in addition to the bottle of fragrance I purchased. I didn't even think to ask Le Labo for samples....I simply purchased a product. Now I know. Really turns me off.

cheers--Sharon

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ckrickett|1423073556|3827300 said:
canuk-gal|1423071587|3827277 said:
HI:

cheers--Sharon

I don't think there is anything wrong with that!

whew! :bigsmile: :wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sharon, I also do not see anything wrong with your philosophy in any way! Believe me. It is crazy how some companies just don't like to give samples. And yes La Mer can be quite generous with their samples. I was just able to get so many samples from them without any problem whatsoever and I never purchased anything from them.

Also I just wanted to add that actually one can get samples of Le Labo...I just did with the evening deliveries LOL. I ordered 2 perfumes for my dh from LuckyScent and they arrived this evening along with 6 sample perfumes- 2 of which are Le Labo. So one can get "free" Le Labo samples if you make other purchases.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy|1423091391|3827442 said:
Sharon, I also do not see anything wrong with your philosophy in any way! Believe me. It is crazy how some companies just don't like to give samples. And yes La Mer can be quite generous with their samples. I was just able to get so many samples from them without any problem whatsoever and I never purchased anything from them.

Also I just wanted to add that actually one can get samples of Le Labo...I just did with the evening deliveries LOL. I ordered 2 perfumes for my dh from LuckyScent and they arrived this evening along with 6 sample perfumes- 2 of which are Le Labo. So one can get "free" Le Labo samples if you make other purchases.

Missy:

I am glad to be wrong! I purchased a product in LA, so perhaps I might have been "entitled" ;)) to something else...but the Tuberose is only available in NYC and a friend was there but I don't believe any purchase was made (in fact, she went on my behalf...) Of course, now, I am whining....

cheers--Sharon

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
canuk-gal said:

Missy:

I am glad to be wrong! I purchased a product in LA, so perhaps I might have been "entitled" ;)) to something else...but the Tuberose is only available in NYC and a friend was there but I don't believe any purchase was made (in fact, she went on my behalf...) Of course, now, I am whining....

cheers--Sharon

Sharon, you are not whining at all. I totally understand you are disappointed you were not able to get it. When I place my next LuckyScent order I am going to ask for them to include a sample of Tubereuse 40. Right now it's sold out in all sizes but I asked for them to email me when it is back in stock. It doesn't show that they offer samples of this but when it is back in stock perhaps they will. It won't hurt to try and I am happy to try getting you a sample. If I can I will let you know and send it to you. It would be my pleasure. :wavey:

TechieTechie

Shiny_Rock
Sharon, great suggestions, thank you. I'm in Boston....and we have all of these retailers, save Bergdorf's...I just usually stop into Sephora because it's so convenient...but I need some new foundation too, so maybe I'll make it a beauty day. I am not sure they carry Le Labo, but I could have sworn I've seen it somewhere locally...I'll have to hunt & peck as some of their scents seem quite intriguing. Thanks for the reminder!

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
missy|1423095920|3827488 said:
canuk-gal said:

Missy:

cheers--Sharon

Sharon, you are not whining at all. I totally understand you are disappointed you were not able to get it. When I place my next LuckyScent order I am going to ask for them to include a sample of Tubereuse 40. Right now it's sold out in all sizes but I asked for them to email me when it is back in stock. It doesn't show that they offer samples of this but when it is back in stock perhaps they will. It won't hurt to try and I am happy to try getting you a sample. If I can I will let you know and send it to you. It would be my pleasure. :wavey:

Missy, if Tuberose is the "New York" scent, then Luckyscent only has samples of the city exclusives 1 or maybe 2 months a year. Usually in September they can sell the city exclusives for one month, and the month preceding that they sell the samples so you'll know if you want to purchase a full bottle. Le Labo sometimes changes the month they do it, but the last 2 years it's been early Fall if my memory is right. I have Le Labo's Vanille 44 which is the Paris city exclusive-love this scent! Also, if you want a split of a Le Labo there is a woman on Basenotes that does splits of just Le Labos. I have participated in some with her and she's great to do business with.

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
TechieTechie|1423113872|3827610 said:
Sharon, great suggestions, thank you. I'm in Boston....and we have all of these retailers, save Bergdorf's...I just usually stop into Sephora because it's so convenient...but I need some new foundation too, so maybe I'll make it a beauty day. I am not sure they carry Le Labo, but I could have sworn I've seen it somewhere locally...I'll have to hunt & peck as some of their scents seem quite intriguing. Thanks for the reminder!

Check Barney's for Le Labo. I know they carry it in some of their stores, although I'm not sure I remember seeing it in the Boston store.I think they said it was too small of a store for it when I asked. Saks also carries Le Labo-at least in Manhatten, but again- I don't remember seeing it in Boston. Since Le Labo has been purchased they will probably be adding more sites offering it for sale.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
pinkjewel|1423141389|3827672 said:
TechieTechie|1423113872|3827610 said:

Check Barney's for Le Labo. I know they carry it in some of their stores, although I'm not sure I remember seeing it in the Boston store.I think they said it was too small of a store for it when I asked. Saks also carries Le Labo-at least in Manhatten, but again- I don't remember seeing it in Boston. Since Le Labo has been purchased they will probably be adding more sites offering it for sale.

That's an excellent point pinkjewel. I bet you will be able to find some great samples this way Jen. I always find the salespeople at the department stores very willing to give out samples. Also when you go into specific perfumeries they are also very obliging that way. Even at the heftiest price points.

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock

If you stop at Neiman's check out Profumi del forte which they have just started to carry (again, not sure if they have them in Boston). I have purchased them from Luckyscent in the past as they were the only place in the US that carried the line. Anyway, for a lovely spring/summer perfume look at Vittoria Apuana and Versilia Aurum-my 2 favs from them. :))

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results