shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthy Living Thread

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There is also a third option but I don't like it as much becuase of the design in the corners (I can post it if you want to see it though).

Out of these two the first one looks lighter and arier to me, but I just can't decide which would look better as a headboard (not to mention it will take up most of the wall behind the bed). I think the wall color will show through the first one more becuse of the scroll work, if that influences anyone's decision. Help me decide!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It just occurred to me that I should post a pic of the bedroom. Not sure why I only had one of the bedside lamps on...

ETA: The ceilings here are 11' and the space is 12'5" wide so there will be a foot and a half above and below the panel and about 2'2" on either side.

ETA2: Damn, this pic went onto a second page. Sorry about that -- it would probably be easier to look at all this if it was on the same page of posts!

_26426.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee Jay, I vote for panel 2. It has a bolder pattern which IMO would look better since your wall space is large.

Will post later today but just wanted to cast my vote early before the polls close. Ha ha.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday.

Rod, I’ll be very anxious to see Charlie and your finished rings. I’ve got your article printed and on the dining room table to show Marty. After he wakes up Sunday I’ll even have him read it. I am sure he’ll be passed out on the couch most of the weekend.

Dee Jay, I am glad to hear one of my Marcyisms is becoming part of your vocabulary. Marty is kind of a grammar nut and it drives him crazy when I make up words. One that really gets him is I call sunglasses “sunny glasses” because you wear them when it’s sunny. Yes, I am easily amused.

My cleaning lady came today and I went out to supper with a friend so all I’m working on tonight is washing a batch of towels. I sure wish Saturday would hurry up and get here!

Take care.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Curby, I'm so torrrrrrn! I was *this* close to deciding on the first panel but the more I look at it the more it looks like a bulls eye. Not that the other one doesn't have a similar aspect, but I think it's the multiple concentric circles in the first one that make me feel like that. ARGH! Now I don't know! The CB basically said it's choosing between Awesome Option A and Awesome Option B, but still. I was also thinking that the imperfection in lining up the panels would be less noticeable in the first one than the second one (and neither one will be perfect from that standpoint so I've already wrapped my head around that), but really who knows.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy, I promise to post pics when the rings are ready, but that won't be for about a month. And of course we can't wear them until the "speical day" in April. I'll be interested in Marty's thoughts on my watch article. I hope he likes it.

My brother and my future SIL flew in today and we had dinner with them. I don't know if I mentioned last night that my brother and I were never very close. He's 7 years older than I am, and we never had much in common. When I finally moved my parents from Maryland to Tampa almost 4 years ago, my mother passed away in her sleep 2 weeks after they got here and then my father had an accident and went blind, requiring he be put in a nursing home. And to top it all off, my brother was diagnosed with Leukemia two years ago and while he's in complete remission, it scared me to death when I thought I might lose him. During this time, we've become extremely close, talking almost daily. I'm beyond grateful for the closeness. So having him and his girlfriend excited for us to get married and then joining in on a double wedding is very special.

We gave his girlfriend my mother's wedding ring tonight. It's an odd ring. One I don't really like very much. One of my mother's regrets was she never got to have the kind of diamond most of you have. Her ring was comprised of three smaller diamonds all older miner cut. None of which are particularly well cut. Not that they're ugly, they're just not beautiful either. And it's set in an odd setting, where the stones are not straight across the finger, but are angled, with teeny tiny pave in an odd loop. I don't have a picture, or I'd post it.

While my new SIL really appreciates the stones as having been my mothers, she didn't like the setting. She's not into large, so she'll keep the stones, but we're going Saturday to the jeweler who is making our rings and look at more modern settings. One of the things she really wants is the diamond ring with a wedding ring next to it. The ring as it is simply would not permit one.

We also need to get my brother a wedding ring. Boy are we different. He's not into precious metals or diamonds, so after a lot of research, I think he'll wind up with a ring made of Cobalt Chrome. It's not a precious metal, but looks like platinum, is harder than platinum, very scratch resistant, is same color through and through and it can be sized. Which for him is a good thing as he's the type to lose and gain weight often. One of these rings can run an astonishing $300.

That's my contribution for the day.

Sleep well everyone.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee*Jay|1422455687|3823184 said:
Happy Wednesday kids... and HELLO ROD!!!!!!!!!!

So glad to hear you and Charlie are doing well and I thing the rings are just stunning! The double wedding idea is great and I hope you'll post pics -- of the event and the bling once it's on your hands! My trip to Florida to visit my dad last September was super short (only the weekend) but maybe this year I can squeeze in an extra day and take a trip down to see you guys -- it's been too long!

Deegee, OK, since it is so much money maybe trying a paint job is the way to go! It really is amazing how much a different color transforms a space. Are there any other small changes you could make that might also improve the situation? New hardware on the cabinets and drawers? Some artwork? Just throwing ideas out there.

Curby, 1-800-SPENDITNOW -- I love it! I am pretty much fully committed at this point but I need to pick between two of them. I'll post pics and you and Deegee and Rod (and whoever else might be lurking) can help me decide. And honestly, either one would probably be just fine, but you know me... obsess obsess obsess! I use your phrase "window food" now BTW. I'd never heard before I heard you say it. You're now a part of my vocabulary!

Here are the panels.

Definitely let us know the next time. I still have pictures of us at dinner the last time we got together!

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Dee*jay-it IS between awesome option A and awesome option B. Either will look wonderful in your space, I think. Although, now that you mention the bullseye thing, I'm leaning towards option B. I can't wait to see pics when everything is finished.

Marcy-i like your Marcyisms. Do you say "noon-thirty"? Matt often tells me I don't use real words. Whatevah. I got a shipping confirmation for my ring today and I should have it by Friday. Yay! They sent glamour shots, but I can't really tell how much they were able to shave down based on the angle of the ring in the pictures. I hope you figure out what's wrong with your earrings. You can't have itchy earlobes, and your earrings are way too pretty not to wear!

rod-wow, you've sure had a tough time of it. I'm so sorry to hear about all of the sad things that have happened, but glad you and your brother have gotten close. That makes the double wedding a little extra special. Matt doesn't wear a wedding band or any other jewelry, including a watch. He mentioned he may like to get something different. He's an engineer, and he is fascinated with bands with little movable gears. Not my preference, but I want him to get something he likes. I'd LOVE for him to be interested in a band with diamonds. I could help him out with that!

Not much to report today. I was in a work meeting today from 9am until 7:30 this evening. My brain is just about finished for the day. Food-oats for breakfast, 1/2 roast beef sandwich and an apple for lunch, and a salad for dinner. Lily and I have been relaxing by the fire all evening. She's trying to nudge my iPad out of my hand right now, so apparently she isn't getting enough attention! Have a wonderful day tomorrow!

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I tried to post the before and after glamour shots but I can't get them to post right. I'll try later.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thursday kids!

Rod, I'll dig through my closet and try to find those crazy flowered pants I wore last time for when I see you and Charlie again!

Deegee,I can't wait to see your ring! I'm sure it's going to look fabulous! And no matter whether I pick Awesome Option A or Awesome Option B I will always wonder if I should have gone with the other one, LOL.

Last night I made the decision to eat dinner, have a glass of wine, and sit on the couch starting at pictures of the panels rather than do any work for the accounting firm. And tonight I'm going out for drinks with some of my old colleagues. Oh well, there's always Friday and the weekend, right?!

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Dee*Jay-there are always better things to do than work! I have the best intentions when I bring my laptop home at night, on weekends, and when I travel. Most of the time I don't even open it. I do much better putting everything off until the last minute. Did you decide in a panel?

I had an interesting day at work today. We officially started the next phase of the project, and it will last a minimum of 7-8 months. Today was orientation day for one of the modules for which I am the lead, so I got to learn new stuff today. It was nice to sit back and observe rather than the usual go-go-go. I had oats for breakfast, the inside of a burrito and rice for lunch, and a salad, chili & grilled cheese for dinner. I'm so happy tomorrow is Friday. Yay!

I'm going to try to post my pic again. Before is on the left, after on the right. It's hard to tell from the angles and my pics are a little blurry how much they were able to thin it. I should be able to pick it up from FedEx tomorrow. As a matter of fact, our airport is on the top of a mountain, my house is on the side of a mountain, and I can see the FedEx planes as they approach the landing strip when I'm outside with Lily before I leave for work. I'll be watching the sky tomorrow! Have a great day!

_26454.jpg

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I remember those pants. Don't be mad at me, but I just couldn't help myself!

copy_of_dsc_02781.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thursday. :wavey: Two more days!!! :appl:

Dee Jay, I think either awesome option A or B will look terrific. I remember that picture of you in your flowered pants visiting Rod and Charlie. Cool! How were drinks tonight? You definitely work enough that I think you deserve a night or two off.

Rod, we will be watching for your ring pictures. That will be hard to wait until April to not wear your wonderful rings. I know you’ll “test” them out now and then. I am sure Marty will enjoy your article. I do remember what happened with your parents and brother and I think it is wonderful you and your brother are close now. I am so glad his leukemia is in complete remission now. I am sure the jeweler will be able to come up with something to incorporate the diamonds out of your mom’s ring into a set and band that your SIL likes. I think its awesome you and your brother gave her the ring. A cobalt chrome ring sounds perfect for your brother. To catch you up on “Curby” that is my nickname since I keep driving my wheels in to curbs. All the rims on my Audi are ripped up.

Deegee, I like noon-thirty. I’ll add that to my vocabulary. Thanks! I use Wine-thirty. Your after glamour shots are fuzzy. I can’t tell much by looking at them either. I asked Vera today how your ring looked and she said it looked great. I’ll be anxious to see it on your finger tomorrow and see what you think. I did use a polishing cloth last night and most of it came off but my ears are itching today. I spin them and it helps. I may have to try platinum studs. Darn. Maybe Lily wants to use your iPad. That is progress you are starting phase two of your project. Definitely keep your eyes on the skies tomorrow.

It was a babysitting day again at work. My over achiever guy went off on my just do enough to get by employee while I was out of the room. He was out of line and hostile plus chastised her pretty well in front of everyone. I pulled him aside and said I run that room, no one works for him and I don’t want people treated like that. To his credit he told me before we started he had more “heat” in what he said then he meant to and agreed he shouldn’t have done it. He of course kept going off on his complaints about her and I kept taking it back to you were out of line. Joy! I am glad I was meeting a friend for supper. I ordered the 9 oz glass of wine rather than the usual 6 oz. I savored every sip of it too. I had a small steak, baked potato and salad too. We skipped dessert.

Marty is awake now and it’s 4 am in Romania. He is going to be exhausted when he gets home Saturday.

Have a great Friday.

Deegee, post pictures as soon as you can or shoot me an email how your ring turned out. I am so excited.

Curby / Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Lookie what I picked up on the way to work. I love it! Before on the left, after on the right. Yay!!!

_26474.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deegee it looks fabulous! Is it pretty close to 3mm? I think I may follow suit and copy you. I bet you are excited.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Friday! One more day!

Deegee, I have looked at your picture now on my phone, iPad mini, iPad and laptop. It looks great on all of them. Did you have problems keeping your eyes off hand today? I really think I'll get mine trimmed down too.

Dee Jay, it sounds like snow if coming your way. Oh no!

By the time tomorrow Marty should be on his way to DIA. Woo hoo!!!!

Marcy / Curby

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Friday Ladies! I'm so grateful this week, which had to go on for a month, is over!

Tomorrow we'll spend the day with my brother and future SIL helping her pick out a new setting for the 3 stones which are currently in my mother's ring. Should be fun!

Deegee, I couldn't tell from the earlier pictures you posted of the before and after, but now that I've seen it on your finger side by side, I see the difference and I agree it looks much better! Congratulations!

Marcy, I'm betting you can't wait to have Marty home tomorrow! Treat him to his favorite meal!

Have a great weekend everyone!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Rod! Sounds like we've both had long months. Marty has been in Romania for 4 weeks now. I think I'll marinate a london broil for dinner Sunday. Ring shopping with your future SIL will be really fun this weekend. How long will your brother and his finance be visiting?

Laters :wavey:

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy, they go back to Maryland Sunday. But they're back and forth every couple weeks, so we get lot's of time with them.

When I said long month, I meant this week felt like a month, but I'm sure your month without Marty was a loooooooong time. I'm sure you'll be so happy to have him home.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rod, that is nice they get to come visit often. I am sorry your week seemed to last so long. My month without Marty seemed to last for months. I am glad we can at least talk on FaceTime on the weekends so I can see him.

Deegee, not only do I want to get my ring trimmed down now I want a new setting. I swore I wouldn't buy another setting without trying it on first. Maybe Marty should take me to Sugarland, Texas when he gets home. :lol:

Dee Jay, did you order option A or option B yet?

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Marcy-I loved this ring before, but now I really really love it! The diamonds seem to sparkle even more. My coworkers thought I traded my ring for one with bigger diamonds, and Matt asked if I was sure they sent the right ring back. Ha! I think it is right at 3mm, but I'll measure it again after I take out my contacts and put on my old lady glasses for the evening. I think it's still wide enough to wear on its own and it sure is sparkly enough! You crack me up with the new setting. Visiting WF would be so fun. Tell Marty you deserve it!! And YAY! He's on his way home! And yes, I had a hard time looking away from my band. I've been staring at my sapphire ring daily for a month now, and this ring totally grabbed my attention today.

Rod-thanks! I wasn't sure from the pictures they sent what I was going to find today when I opened the box. I took a deep breath because I had this horrible fear that I had messed up by having it thinned, but I love it. What a relief! Have fun picking out a setting with your brother and cuter SIL tomorrow. I'm sure you can give some great guidance. I can't wait to see your and Charlie's rings finished!

Today actually went by fairly quickly. The 3 of us who share an office decided to start the next phase of the project with a new office arrangement, so we spent half of the day rearranging just the way we wanted it and figuring out where all the cords and wires for the computers, printers, my fi, hubs, etc. went. Marcy-would you believe we're actually on phase 4b? The first 3 went fairly quickly, and then we were stuck in 4a hell for months. I had oats for breakfast, soup and salad for lunch, and then soup and salad from Panera Bread for dinner. Soup always tastes so good on a cold day. I'm sooo looking forward to sleeping in tomorrow. Have a wonderful weekend!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Saturday kids!

Holy cow Rod – those were some LOUD pants, ha ha! I am so excited about your future SIL’s new ring! I think it’s great to use the diamonds but pick out a setting that she likes and with your and Charlie’s wonderful input the ring will be a stunner for sure!

Deegee, - WOW!!!!! :love: What a difference a little modification makes! The stones really DO look bigger (I guess everything is a matter of proportion) and I love it even more with your e-ring! Good idea to rearrange your office. Sometimes a small chance like that makes such a big difference.

Curby, the CB was looking at the forecast this morning while we had coffee and he was lamenting the impending 8-10 inches. I told him if it’s anything like the snowmagedden that missed most of the east coast last week we’ll be lucky to get a dusting! Happy welcome home to Marty! :wavey:

Last night the CB made hot dogs and tater tots for dinner. We were talking on the way home and he suggested it and it sounded so good I said , why not?! I’ve also been experimenting with my new big round ice ball maker (which is pretty much the extent of MY cooking, LOL, and I can’t figure out why the balls are so cloudy even though I’m using distilled water. I would think they would be perfectly clear… ?

Today I’m going to do a bunch of work for the accounting firm while the CB fixes the pipe that burst in his two flat a few weeks ago, and then we’re going to go to Salvage One and Architectural Artifacts, which are two store near me that carry interesting things they save out of old buildings when they tear them down. There’s also a store that carries awesome Asian things near my office that I went to last week to see if they had any carved panels like the ones I’m looking at on-line, and they do, but they are MUCH more expensive. Welcome to the land of buying things in downtown Chicago rather than direct from the source in Thailand! So the point here is to make one last pass around the local options before I commit to shipping some 200+ lb thing around the world. I’ll keep you posted on whether I find anything!

Oh -- and you guys will love this! I have to get some sort of protective cover for my phone screens because my studs scratch the glass up like crazy. When I got my iphone 6 I got one of those "indestructible" covers that are also made out of some sort of glass (tempered, maybe?) Well the stud on my right side, which is the ear I always hold my phone up to, has eaten a HOLE in the protective cover. So much for indestructible! I think I'll go back to the cheapie plastic cover I got from Walgreens for my last two phones! (And man, talk about First World Problems! :cheeky: )

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DeeJay, most malls have a Ghost Armor Kiosk. They have a film for iPhone 6, which is virtually indestructible.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Saturday! 2 More Hours.

Deegee, that is funny your co-workers thought you had a new ring. I am glad you are so happy with the results. I have my email ready to send Vera but I’ll hold off until I “tell” Marty what I want to do. I doubt he’ll care but I’ll at least run it by him first. Now you have two great views to enjoy on either of your hands. I hope you’ll like your new office arrangement. Phase 4b sounds like progress; how many phases are there? Do you ever watch South Park? Phases make me think of the Underpants Gnomes episode. How is your reflex doing?

Dee Jay, so did the snow forecast turn out to be fact or fiction? We’ve had snow flurries here all day. Hopefully the road is clear for Marty to drive home. Tater tots and hot dogs sound pretty good. I stocked up on food today. I am sure Marty is going to want more food than I’ve had in the house for a month. I read one time why ice cubes are frosty but heck if I remember. Of course I drink so that could explain it. Did you find any cool things at the salvage stores? Did you approach the local dealers about discounting the panels for you? Do you like them better than the ones online? Holy cow your earring is scratching up your phone cover. I switched my iPad back to my Tumi case. I bought a clear back cover (so me and the teddies could see the iPad is gold) and got a red smart cover. Well I kept picking up the iPad with the cover and hence dropped the iPad right on the floor. About the 3rd time that happened I decided I’d best get out my one piece cover; it’s much safer for a klutz like me.

Rod, I bet I can find a way to destroy an indestructible cover. I am still not allowed to play with knives.

I slept until 8. I am so glad I have such a dark bedroom now. I watched a movie then went to the cemetery. My dad passed away a year ago today.

I decided I’d stop and pick up a few things and spent $148. I think we’ll have food for a week. I made Marty’s favorite cake today. I had a piece for supper but after a bowl of mixed fruit.

This afternoon I watched Before I Go to Sleep. I am glad I waited to watch that on the day Marty gets home.

I think I’ll make soup tomorrow. I bought snacks in case Marty wants to watch the Super Bowl. I am sure he’ll hang out on the couch most of the day. He posted my “family” picture on his FB page and said to get those darned bears off his couch. So while he was in the air I posted a picture of the rabbits only on the couch with the caption “mission accomplished”.

Take care.
Curby

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy, I'd be surprised if you can destroy Ghost Armor. It was designed by the government originally and has been used on Shuttle parts to protect them during re-entry into earths atmosphere. Now my nits with Ghost Armor. It's a wet application and for a few days after it's put on you get a slight orange peel effect and it feels less smooth than glass.

Sorry about the anniversary of your dad's passing. My mother passed away 4 years ago on the 29th.

We had a fun day today. We spent a few hours at the jewelers. My SIl-to-be picked out a Scott Kay wedding ring 2.5mm with pave diamonds in half eternity in platinum to go with the new setting. What we ended up selected for the 3 stone ring is a platinum band with diamonds down the sides, but keeping the prongs from the current ring and re-attaching them as they are to the new platinum band. My brother chose a Cobalt Chrome ring with 3 black diamonds, which looks really nice. Their rings will be ready sometime in early March at hopefully the same time our rings are.

I hope everyone had a nice Saturday!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Sunday kids!

Curby, we've got about 4" already and another 18" on the way, if you believe the weather man (which I typically don't but in this case I just might... ). As for running into the store for a few things and then spending $148 -- happens to be all the time! Part of the problem is I usually only go to Costo so there's really no hope for me...

Rod, thanks for the advice on the screen protector, I'll definitely check it out. I'm a little peeved because I can't find the receipt for this one I bought, to the tune of thirty bucks, and I do plan on returning it. Apparently the lifetime warranty people didn't take diamond studs into account!

I plan on doing a bit of work today, at least until the power goes out (and it WILL because that's what happens in Chicago in a big storm...). I've got the rechargeable lights and all my devices charging right now in anticipation, and the CB has a crock pot full of split pea soup on (which I hope has a chance to finish before the black-out!). At least I can put my prosecco outside for chilling purposes!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Sunday!

Rod, thanks for believing in me that I can’t destroy something that was made to withstand re-entry on the shuttle. Then again I can break thinks with the best of them. Sorry about the 4th anniversary of your mom’s passing. It gets easier some of the time, huh? The ring your SIL picked out sounds very pretty. I think it look look fabulous with the diamonds from your mom’s ring. Your brother’s band with black diamonds will be really neat too. I am so anxious to see pictures of all of them, and pictures of the weddings of course. Not TOO demanding, am I?

Dee Jay, 22 inches of snow? I hope you are stocked up on alcohol. And well after that the survival stuff. The weather sight wunderground.com seems to be the most accurate for snow amount here. They are saying you have a blizzard warning and a total of 12 to 16 inches with the storm. We are the same at Sams as you are at Costco, the longer we are there the more the final total ends up. Screen protectors should be strong enough to withstand diamond earrings. What were they thinking? Stay safe and warm!

Marty passed out about before 11 last night. He was impressed with our dark bedroom. He woke up about 8 noticed light under the bedroom door. He was excited to see the Sun. Apparently that was not visible because of all the clouds in Romania.

I made pancakes for breakfast and him his required “dead animal” which today was bacon. I’ve got homemade beef noodle soup cooking now which if I’d get off email and PS I could go finish cooking.

I am working on Marty’s stack of laundry today. Luckily half of it will go to the dry cleaners.

I showed him Deegee’s ring and the difference and he said he thinks I am wrong to want a thinner band. He likes chunky rings and even thinks I should get a chunkier band for my diamond. Decisions, decisions.

Okay, my dryer is done, my washer is done and lunch needs my attention. Off to do my chores.

Have a great day!
Marcy / Curby

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy, it sounds like you were just given permission to buy a new ring. Yes, that's what it sounds like to me. You need to get shopping!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rod|1422829582|3825661 said:
Marcy, it sounds like you were just given permission to buy a new ring. Yes, that's what it sounds like to me. You need to get shopping!

Like :wavey:

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just had to pop in and say, YAAAAAAAAY, congratulations on your upcoming wedding Rod, that is fantastic :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: sounds beautiful about the double wedding and being closer to your brother. huge hugs my dear friend. I am so HAPPY for you guys

Hi Deegee, Marcy, and DeeJay!!!!! :wavey:

Marcy is Curby your nickname?

DeeJay, what city are you living in?

Deegee, beautiful rings

Good to see everyone. I am busy with lovable 3 year old boys!!! lots of energy and hugs too!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results