shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hi LLJsmom, so nice to see you drop by!!! I think I wrote to you a week or so ago but then I realized you were very busy, I always love talking to you and hearing from you. I have no idea how single moms do it. Right now though I am not a single mom but a single mom for my pets and having to learn to do everything on my own, I tell you I hardly get sleep too when I go to work. It has been tough, still I would be able to go to work even five times a week the emotional trauma of the last month has been really a bit much and the last couple of days I have been awfully down, really worse than in a long time. I know this is due to my hormones acting up to but also reality. I am so happy you will have DH back soon and we will get to talk more maybe. This coming week I will be working the first three days of the week I believe.

Missy dear, I am getting my haircut tomorrow, I thought of cancelling as really I do not feel like doing anything right now but I think that I will go just to do something for myself.

Sarah I hope you get to stay, it is really tough to read through so many pages and put the pieces together about everyone. I love this thread and the people here, there really are no greater people and I know I have said this before but you are my friends as much as my couple of really best real life friends. I am so glad you get to do your own business from home Sarah and that you have a wonderful son and husband, you have a great support system working at home too and perhaps soon you can work on your business again.

Let's see I do not want to get into it too much and of course you can read back, I too mainly work in my own business but have a job too. The last month I went through hell as some awful things have happened. I finally got out of a very abusive and dangerous marriage and that would be good but we also work at the same place and he is trying to ruin me there. He either stalks or threatens me or now he has reverted to no talk, secret plans cooking with his just as awful family as he is, so I went through a lot of anxiety. I also lost my two oldest cats in the last month.

I want to remind myself of what I love in my life, my business which is my passion, my gems, diamonds and jewelry, my work (as long as that lasts), my friends who mean the world to me and a few nice family members as well and my remaining pets. I have no children. As far as my past history I have talked about it some way back, some of my life has been just as traumatic as it is now, a rollercoaster really but also there have been many many ups and adventures, never boring I think, sometimes I would prefer a bit more boring.

Stay here Sarah and tell us how you feel whenever you have the time and of course feel free to talk about yourself, what you love3, enjoy at the moment, what is going on with you. Bone pain is the worst kind. When my wisdom tooth on the bottom was extracted and it was a surgery I got infection it was like I was in screaming pain for one month, I had to be on extremely strong pain meds, even narcotic derived for a short time. It turned out that they left a piece of bone in the wound and sewn it in, it was expelled months later but I never thought such pain was possible. I have broken bones before but not as severely and I think as we get older it also becomes more painful and harder for the bones to heal. I am going to be 39 in June so a bit younger than some of the girls here but I do not think age matters at all in life, other things do.

Hugs to everyone and please enjoy your weekends, hope you get to read some good books or watch something Sarah.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Ladies!

Ovi, this thread does seem to draw some pretty neat ladies. It’s nice to come here and just “chat” with each other. If only we had a way to not only foresee the future but to be able to prevent bad things from happening. We wish, huh? Our bumps, challenges and trials make us the people we are today and hopefully make us better and stronger people. Marty originally thought he might have to stay until Feb. 10th but his co-worker from the UK will stay until their project is submitted. I try to work out doing my errands and stuff during my lunch but even then sometimes I just have to take a day off from work to get things handled. A haircut always perks me up; it’s amazing how much even a trim can make my hair look better.

Hi Jimmianne!

Missy, it seems so long along you were dealing with your extreme pain and being sick from your medicine. Remember I told you about smashing her fingers and losing part of one? They wouldn’t give her nauseas medicine to take home. They gave her shots in the hospital but that was it. I sure didn’t understand that. Before I went to bed last night I looked through my memory box; it’s full of little personal or trinket things I picked from my parents’ house. Yes it seems like just yesterday and also a long time ago. I am okay though. I watched “Before I Go to Sleep” which I am glad I waited until today to watch; it was a little spooky / creepy but pretty good.

Junebug, I hope the snow passes your by this weekend. Thanks I did okay today. I am going to look at a few pictures after I post this then I’m going to line up the bunnies in our utility room where Marty comes in from the garage. I think I’ll put a note in his original killer’s mouth that says “Don’t ask. You don’t want to know what she did while you were gone.” I really like the idea of just changing out my posts on my earrings; that would be much cheaper too. Your bling list sounds great. A pink spinel would be perfect for Valentine’s Day gift. Bling is a great distraction!!! Sometimes I’ll go through the SMTB threads just to look at the pictures.

Sarahb, it’s nice to hear a bit about you and your life. I am glad to hear you are sleeping okay and have the pain under control. That is great you are coming along fine with PT and have at home health care. You’ll be fine. My dad broke his hip at 85 and he was always very healthy and active and recovered quickly. His doctors were quite impressed due to his age. My mom’s relatives are in the Sturgis / Coldwater area of Michigan. People definitely are what matters! How are your pretty ACA studs today? The cliff notes version of me: I’m married and my husband Marty travels quite a bit or works from home. We have no children but we are easily amused and play gags on each other with my teddy bears and his killer rabbits (of Monty Python fame). I technically work but my 5 employees make me feel like more of a babysitter. We live in Wyoming. I lost my both my parents in the last year and a half; they passed away within 5 months of each other. I have bad feet and knees and need to take your advice and exercise!

LLJsmom, I am glad your husband will be home today. You have been on very busy lady. I know my friends are running all the time with their kids and their activities. Good idea to make sure and get your minimum amount of sleep since you are driving so much. I so understand completely running out of patience. I sure get that way with my employees and I am there right now. Would it be bad to tell them to grow up?

I slept until 8. I am so glad I have such a dark bedroom now. I watched a movie then went to the cemetery.

I decided I’d stop and pick up a few things and spent $148. I think we’ll have food for a week. I made Marty’s favorite cake today. I had a piece for supper but after a bowl of mixed fruit.

I think I’ll make soup tomorrow. I bought snacks in case Marty wants to watch the Super Bowl. I am sure he’ll hang out on the couch most of the day. He posted my “family” picture on his FB page and said to get those darned bears off his couch. So while he was in the air I posted a picture of the rabbits only on the couch with the caption “mission accomplished”.

BTW my NMPP still alarms at 10pm and it makes me laugh every time. It’s working.

Take care.
Marcy

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sarahb,
I hope you woke up feeling a little more healed this morning!

Marcy - oh I envy you living in Wyoming!
I'm so sorry to hear about your parents.

My in-a-nutshell bio: I'm a retired experimental scientist and an artist. I have a "gentlewoman farm" outside Chapel Hill, NC with horses, dogs, a resident cat & Silkie chickens. The newest addition is Puff the parrot whom my petsitter found in a tree outside his house. Puff is currently teaching me how to get along with parrots without getting bitten : )
I sleep with a stuffed bear named Glen...there! now you know more about me than my best friends here do :lol:

A sparklie day to everyone.

Missy, fearless, yes!

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Wow Jimmianne, yes you are truly inspirational and impressive. You have gone through so much yet you handle it all with humor and an upbeat tude. Ok, I have to admit that over here I have been a lot more outspoken about how I really feel, etc. than I am even with some of my best friends IRL, I think this has to do with how we feel that if we really tell people we are not exactly doing awesome, then everyone will judge, want to run and not have to do anything with you. Most of my friends know me as a very strong, funny and upbeat person. They would never imagine the stuff I have said here and privately to my friends here, this makes me think people here are what I can call true friends. I have a couple of true friends with whom we can talk very openly. That said you truly inspire me though I bet it had to have been really hard for you too at one point but it is so nice to hear that you came to terms with everything that happened and are at peace.

Wow, an experimental scientist and also an artist? What science and art? Do you still do any of it? It is really nice to get to know you and hear from you.

Hi to everyone else, Marcy I am so happy for you! Missy I have missed talking to you and hope you are enjoying your weekend. Hugs to all of you girls.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom|1422733594|3825078 said:
Missy I have a good friend who just broke her wrist in 3 places and now has screws in her arm. She is extremely optimistic. At least that is what she shows the world. Can you give me a few words of advice as to what she should watch out for emotionally and mentally? She is extremely active and wants to work out and spin ASAP. And good luck missy. It will be Feb soon.

LLJsmom, I am so sorry about your friend's accident. My best advice for your dear friend is to allow herself to feel sad if that is how she is feeling. Never deny her feelings or else they will build up and cause more angst in the long run. During those first few months I ran the gamut of emotions.

Depressed, frustrated, upset, angry and just so sad about losing all those months. I worked my feelings out by allowing myself to feel how I felt and venting to you guys and some close friends, family and of course my dh. Now of course everyone experiences things in their own unique way but I always think no matter how you work through stuff life throws at you it is never good to deny your feelings and push them inside. Let them out so there is room for the good feelings and happiness to make their way in there eventually.

Please tell her to put spinning on hold until her surgeon says it is OK. I think you might remember that was one of the hardest aspects for me. Not being able to work out for 3 months or so was so difficult as that is how I work through my stress and feelings of anxiety much of the time so just another challenge I had to deal with without my usual coping mechanisms of exercise. A double whammy if you will. But, I allowed myself to mourn the (temporary) loss of my freedom and mobility always knowing it was only temporary so I couldn't feel too sorry for myself because I knew I would be OK eventually. And I was able to deal with not exercising by realizing I would be able to in a few months and that this was just a temporary blip on my life's radar.

Hopefully your friend's situation is not as bad and her wrist is not causing her complete loss of mobility and she will recover more quickly than I did. However she will most likely be mourning the (temporary) loss of certain activities that right now she cannot do and if she is in pain that is a whole other aspect that was very difficult to deal with for me as well.

Tell her if she is in pain to get ahead of that quickly as that can really take over your whole being. I remember those dark days and nights when I could not get my pain under control no matter how much medication I was taking and that just affected my whole mind. I could not think through the cloudiness that was that pain. I remember coming to PS and you guys and so many other PSers were there for me supporting me through that pain helping me, comforting me and offering advice and just their shoulder to cry on and it really helped me through.

So that brings me to my next recommendation for your friend. Make sure she has a supportive network to help her through. Share how she is feeling with those she trusts and those who will allow her to cry and vent and talk with about exactly how she is feeling. People that won't tell her not to feel that way but rather people who will accept the honest way she is feeling right now as that is the best help. Don't deny the feelings. Accept them so she can move past them when she has worked those feelings through. And it is not linear either. Meaning, you can get through certain feelings but they probably will come back now and again and that is OK. Deal with them, accept them and then you can move past them again when you are ready.

In a way it is like mourning the loss of a loved one. I had to mourn the loss of what was and that things would never be exactly the same again. I kept replaying the surgeon's words to me over and over- when he said my leg is no longer the leg I had before the accident. Only by allowing myself to mourn that loss was I able to move forward and feel content and at peace again if you kwim.

Now again, this is not your friend's exact situation because perhaps her injury was not as severe (hopefully) and she will regain full use her wrist and be able to do exactly what she was able to before her accident. I am just speaking from my experience of course.

I know having you as her friend she will be OK because I know you are there for her and will allow her to share all her feelings with you. I don't know her personality though so if she is the type to keep stuff to herself perhaps you can offer her a safe place with you and encourage her to share how she is feeling because IMO that is the best way to be able to move forward and deal with whatever the next few weeks/months and beyond have in store for her.

And eventually this will all be a distant memory. That is also what I kept telling myself throughout the ordeal. I knew I would reach a point eventually where the injury and surgery and healing process did not take over all my thoughts.

Another way I dealt with the trauma was when things got overwhelming for me (as in the first few weeks before the surgery and after when the pain was extreme) was to break it up in my mind. I took things one day at a time and when the pain was overwhelming one hour at a time. I kept telling myself this too would pass and I would be without pain one day and I could and would get through it. I stopped looking ahead so much and dealt with things as they were at the moment. In excruciating pain I told myself it would not always be that way and I was just going to allow it to take hold until it was no longer there if that makes sense. Breaking time up like that helped it not be as overwhelming to me if that makes any sense. So while I was looking ahead to the future of no pain I was still taking it one day, one hour at a time so I wouldn't be as overwhelmed with the future.

And of course and perhaps most importantly (along with the support of my dh) I was also able to deal with the emotional and physical trauma thanks to you wonderful ladies cheering me on and supporting me the whole way through. I know I have said it before but it certainly bears repeating-without you guys here for me I think it would have been a totally different experience recovery wise. You made those months not only bearable but enjoyable in many ways. I know that sounds funny but what was a traumatic time in my life also became a worthwhile experience because you guys were always here for me. Offering your wisdom (which is vast and wide and smart and helpful) and your comfort and support. I cannot overstate what that meant and still means to me.

Sorry my thoughts are all over the place here. Just sharing what I remember as I write and I hope that it is helpful for your friend. And if it is appropriate please share with her that she has a lot of internet people cheering her on and offering encouragement, hugs and good thoughts to her for a full recovery.

I am glad your dh is home by now and so happy he is such a wonderful and supportive partner. (((Hugs))) to you both. Enjoy your Sunday together!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry for the little break in my posting. My dh is going out on a search mission for me (looking for my favorite apple pear Sobe which seems to be difficult to find where I live) so I had to talk with him for a bit before he left. I'm back now. Where was I...

Junebug, I also don't want to go outside. So windy and cold ugh. And yes snow is unfortunately on the way. :(sad Totally not happy or excited about that.

Yesterday my dh and I went to my hairdresser and I got my hair cut and then we went out to eat at our favorite restaurant and it was a lovely day. I didn't feel like going out but I forced myself to and I was glad I did. I wore makeup which worried me because it makes my PD worse but I was able to cover it and I even felt almost pretty LOL. I barely remember what those days were like haha.

Hoping you have a good Sunday before the storm which is supposed to hit us in NY around 5 pm today. Wishing you calm weather and hoping the snowfall is small in amount and that it melts soon!

Sarah, it sounds like you are doing very well and I am so happy about that. You are doing everything right and in fact ahead of the game I think. Being in shape definitely helps your recovery and well having those gorgeous new earrings doesn't hurt either lol.

How are you feeling this morning? It is wonderful that you are sleeping well because that was a big issue for me. I could not get comfortable due to my leg so I had to learn to sleep on my back (side sleeper here) and in fact 8 months after the accident and I have just recently started being able to sleep on my side again. I am still not sleeping well though but that is due to my concerns about returning to work. A whole other story not for today though.

It's amazing you can get up and make coffee for yourself and your dh. I was completely unable to do anything for a long time after the accident and surgery so again you are way ahead of me. Way to go! Coffee is one of the small but great pleasures in life IMO and being able to make it first thing in the AM is awesome!

Good going with your PT and yay for muscle memory! We are here whenever you want words of encouragement and advice but it looks like you have all the info you need so we are here for you for support and sharing. Have a good day and keep up the good work Sarah. You are doing everything right. :appl: (((HUGS))).

Ovi , how was your day yesterday? I hope you enjoyed some movies and some down time just relaxing with Sapphie. I hope you get your haircut as planned today and that it lifts your spirits. Are you doing anything different to it today? I didn't chop my hair off so don't worry lol. Tuey blew it straight so it looks so long right now. I love my hair straight but my dh says he prefers my natural waves so better that way as I can never blow it straight the way Tuey does yanno? The only reason I let Tuey dry it straight is because in the winter I don't like to go out with a wet head and Tuey doesn't know how to manage my curls like I do so it's that or going out with a wet head. Nice having straight hair for a change anyway. I barely remember those days when I always blew it straight. I didn't start allowing my hair to be naturally curly until I was in my early thirties if you can believe it lol.

Enjoy your day Ovi and I am thinking of you hoping each day gets easier and better. (((Hugs))).

Marcy, How are you feeling today? It must have been good to visit your parents at the cemetery though I am sure it was also very sad.

How was your homecoming with Marty? Did you pick him up at the airport? He must be exhausted today so I am guessing you are going to take it easy and perhaps (hahaha I am sure you will) watch the Super Bowl. What is his favorite cake? I am getting hungry just reading you baked a cake yesterday and it is still early in the morning now lol. Reading your posts always makes me hungry haha.

Of course I remember what happened to your sister and her finger. Ugh. How is she doing now? What an awful experience for her and I hope she is A-OK and that it is now a very distant memory that she never gives thought to anymore.

Thanks for that movie recommendation. It sounds familiar but will google it and see. Was it a book perhaps? Maybe that is why it sounds familiar. I love scary and creepy as you know. So thanks for the rec and keep em coming if you have more!

Enjoy the day with your darling Marty. So glad he is back home with you!

Jimmianne, thank you for sharing more about your life. I love that you run a "gentlewoman" farm. I would love doing that I think. So wonderful to have those animals around you and to be able to work with them and the land. Those are very lucky animals you have in your care. Welcome to your newest addition Puff!

If you have the time and desire I would love to hear more about your time as an experimental scientist and artist. I am very interested in hearing about that if you want to share.

I spoke with Callie yesterday and she is having a lovely time in California and even fell in love with an amazing ring but she is not getting it yet...I will let her share but just wanted to say she is enjoying her trip! And she might be delayed getting home since they are expecting snow where she lives too. I can think of worse things than having to spend extra time in sunny California. Hope you are enjoying the rest of your vacation Callie and we are all sending big hugs to you!

Kristie, I hope you are buying yourself some gorgeous gems at the show and having the best time there! We are looking forward to hearing of your adventures at the gem show and most importantly hoping you are so enjoying yourself! :appl:

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Good morning all my new lovely ladies of NIRDI!! Oh my, just typed that out to see what it'd look like--ok, what does everyone think about being a NIRDI?!?

It is gorgeous outside my bdrm window now--the snow is falling, expecting 6-8, its a real fine snow, so without seeing the temp in the kit window, that tells me its pretty cold outside--maybe in the 20's or so. We have a line of mature pine trees at our prop line in the backyard, the snow is so graceful on the boughs. I'm looking at a blue spruce right now. Planted by one of the kids who lived in the house directly behind us. Little John had a pine tree in a dixie cup & planted it right in the 'line'. That was about 15 years ago, as he planted it too close to our wooden play structure, which now is gone. That tree is beautiful.

Marcy: Wyoming is one of my absolute favorite states. Had a client there for many years: Chuck Guschewski/Fremont Motors. The original in Lander, which grew to five locations, & now many more--he hired someone in-house to handle it all, a very upstanding guy/ Chuck was. Oh how I love your gorgeous state!!! The rabbit/bear routine you have with Marty is funny--laughter is great medicine. I'm so sorry Marcy for your loss, what a shock to the system, no doubt. I saw you have your sister, & hope you are able to find some solace being together. Yes you are correct, am so fortunate to have the home health care. When they were discharging, she asked if we wanted it--had no idea it was available. So at least until I can drive, having them come here saves so much coordination time etc & mainly dependance on others. No brainer. I have never been to Sturgis/Coldwater Marcy, I'll have to look on a map.

Ovi!! Hang in there darlin'!! Going through such an emotional crisis is like sawing wood all day long--very exhausting & mentally tiring. So important to take care of YOU right now, one day at a time sister & before you know it, you'll look back & think, man, I DID IT. You will survive this. Its just a plain shame that some people in this world are built the way they are (ex husb.). I just can't figure that out. Am so glad you have found such support here in this tread--from your posts I can tell you are a dear person. Hang in there dear Ovi. & one time I would love to hear about Europe, how interesting your life must be to live in such an area.

Jimmianne--it sounds like you live in a nirvana of sorts--how gorgeous!! & to have all those critters to mother, & now Puff the Parrot, love it! What color is he, how tall, I bet he is a character, & hope he settles down. & also, what is an experimental scientist? How interesting. Enjoy your southern weather today, Jan-Feb are so so cold up here!! I've had a good night & morning, got some good sleep yesterday afternoon--its been good here Jimmianne--hope your Sunday goes great!

LLJ, dear one you are gong though the crazy days. Thats what I called it back when my Jon was around the age of yours. I don't know how families do it with multiples. We only had one, tried for more, not in the cards. It is the most craziest time of life IMHO--15 million needs, then the school needs, then activities. Thats just kids, X how many you have. Then the house, cooking cleaning ARGHHH when does it stop. So yes, taking a moment now & then to step off the merry go round is a good thing, & glad your hubby is supportive. I hope this next week is a good one for you, have fun watching the SB today!

Junebug! Thank you for your warm welcome, am glad to have re-discovered this thread, of course with arkieb's help, you guys have been such an outpouring of support & warmth. Its all going well up here in my corner, have dr appt. Tues, 2 weeks post op, I imagine he'll take out the staples, the incisions, (3) all look fine & healed to me. This poor leg. The original unrelated to this mishap is about 7-8 inches long, now another 3, each about 2-3" long. My war wounds. :) I'll puff out my chest & think 'I survived it'!!!! Thank you Junebug!!

Missy--the den mother of den mothers you are Missy! Its all good here--I hope your morning has been a good also--am slowly weening down the pain pills, yesterday tried the hydrocodone for one cycle, did NOT like it, the associated nausea affect. So, doing 1 oxy every 3-4 today, then the midnight dose may go 2 for 5 hours. I'm in that phase where the pain management is getting increasingly easier--less need for drugs--its in a state of great flux right now. Went 6 hours last night, a bit much. So, progress sister, every bit counts! Have decided to cook dinner tonight, with hubbies help. Its a 5 ingredient sauce on chicken breasts, honey curry chicken, which he LOVES. Wants it over & over again. It'll taste good, just in the mere fact that its coming from our own kitchen! Everyone has been an amazing help for this week, am so blessed with friends & family. You have a great day as well, & sounds like work this next week starts for you? Best of luck, it'll feel so good to get out there I bet!!

Everyone, please excuse my typos, misspellings, missing words etc. Sometimes when I re-read a post of mine & notice, I cringe that I did catch it, so please bear with me!! Have a great day everyone, see you around soon!! XOXO sarahb

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
bio, con't: my particular brand of experimental science dealt with tissue culture. It doesn't sound very interesting, but it was fascinating - genetics, working with cancer patients, growing beating heart cultures and photographing chromosomes. I was part of a think tank that tried to figure out how get things to grow that had not grown before, so we had a lot of freedom to be creative.
I think there must be a great link between science and art. The head of my dept. at the hospital, who was a surgeon, was also an artist...and my head of dept. in art school was formerly a chemist : )
Any other artists on this thread???

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Amazing Jimmianne, never thought of scientists as being the artistic kind. I have done many arts in my life but cannot say I am an artist per say although I do design. I did act, paint, played jazz piano, sculptures, a lot of different things. I was supposedly quite talented at acting but unfortunately I did not pursue that though I had invitations to national theaters when I was in high school. I am not a scientist though. I left law for gems and jewelry design.

Sarah you are so very very sweet, please do not think of me or any of us too much at the moment, focus on your healing. I can tell you are a wonderful person too.

I did get a haircut, not sure, the cut is good as always as this guy is good and I had a good time. I am weirded out by straight hair though.:))) It is not going to last long though as it is already curling, I am just so used to it being wavey at least and prefer that. I do not think the straight was bad just unusual.

Yeah, yeah, I will take it one day at a time, it would be much easier if I did not have to work with him but I am already looking, asking contacts, etc. Have to try my best, everything else is left to whoever decides faith but I am using my anger and energy constructively as much as I can. I will not allow cruel people to destroy me, never have and never will. Good thing is I have willpower and such a strong will to live and prevail.

But again without you perhaps it would not have been possible, it is the people, the kind people that count to me the most. Priceless.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Ladies!

Jimmianne, thanks for the condolences about my parents. I loved your short bio. How cool to be an experimental scientists with tissue cultures. It sounds fascinating. Marty started painting about a year ago and does pretty well. Your farm and your herd sound awesome. Of course I was excited to hear about Glen. Yay for more teddy bears in the world.

Missy, your story for ideas LLJsmom can pass on to her friend is totally remarkable. What a journey and experience you lived through especially those first few months with so much uncertainty facing you. You are an inspiration to all of us. I am glad you and Greg went out and had a nice time. BTW - makeup can’t possibly make you any prettier than you already are! Really! That is great you are sleeping on your side again. Don’t worry about work; it’ll be nice to get back with your patients. I am fine today, thanks. Marty is happy to be home. Marty drove himself home from the airport. He’s been firmly planted on the couch all day. I brewed up a yellow cake with chocolate frosting. I made homemade beef noodle soup for lunch today. I am still working on dishes. I’ve done more cooking and baking today than I have in a month.

Callie, I am glad to hear you are enjoying your time in California and I hope you come home with that ring you like. Definitely stay in California away from the snow in Chicago.

Kristie, I am anxious to hear about the gem show as well.

Sarah, your view of snow and a beautiful tree sounds like a winter wonderland! I have heard of Guschewski/Fremont Motors. Small world! I agree laughter is good medicine. Marty and I try not to be too serious about things. Thank you for the condolences about my parents. I have 2 sisters and am close to one of them and try to stay in touch with the other. She sadly chooses to be bitter about things. Good luck at your doctor’s appointment. Glad to hear you slept pretty well. I like that you say your leg has “war wounds”. Marty would enjoy your chicken curry dish. He loves anything with curry.

Ovi, you have quite a diverse background full of many talents. Acting sounds fun and your art easily comes through in your jewelry designs. That is very cool. I am glad you enjoyed getting a haircut. I am going to work on growing out my hair for a while then find a new hair stylist. The lady I’ve been going to doesn’t seem to cut it very straight. That’s right, you will prevail and you’ll never let those nasty people get the best of you. Have a good day tomorrow!

Marty passed out about before 11 last night. He was impressed with our dark bedroom. He was excited to see the Sun today. Apparently it isn’t out too often in Romania.

Marcy

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A quick hit and run everyone...

Hi! PR'd today! Finished my half marathon in my fastest time ever, 1:39:55. Super excited!! All the stress and of the week had an outlet. There were times when I told myself to slow down even. Crazy...

Missy, thank you so much. Such a meaty post. Valuable info. Will go back and reread multiple times.

Jimmianne, your work is FASCINATING. Will ask about more soon.

Sarahb, you are sounding postive and upbeat. Awesome! I know it can't be easy, but you are brave and strong to get up each day and face it.

Marcy, so glad Marty is home. :). Hope you had a great SB Sunday with him.

Ovi, hang in there. Thinking about you and sapphie.

Callie, Junebug and Kristie miss you. Hope you guys are hanging in there and doing well.

I'm one-manning it for another week so I'll catch up again in six days. Hugs and blessings girls!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jimmianne|1422815436|3825565 said:
bio, con't: my particular brand of experimental science dealt with tissue culture. It doesn't sound very interesting, but it was fascinating - genetics, working with cancer patients, growing beating heart cultures and photographing chromosomes. I was part of a think tank that tried to figure out how get things to grow that had not grown before, so we had a lot of freedom to be creative.
I think there must be a great link between science and art. The head of my dept. at the hospital, who was a surgeon, was also an artist...and my head of dept. in art school was formerly a chemist : )
Any other artists on this thread???

Jimmianne, your past work was incredibly important. Did you see much change/progress in this research during the time you were doing this? Did any new treatments come about as a result? I wish we had more amazing people working on this so we could make huge advancements and find treatments for terminally ill people. So many diseases that have no successful treatments though I realize that compared to a few generations ago how far we have come. It's just we have so far to go...

I definitely think there is a strong link between science and art. Many people in both fields tend to be more on the creative side with a good imagination. Personally I possess no artistic talent whatsoever lol but I do come from a family of artists. My mom was in the field (went to Pratt and has a degree in the arts) and I have art from her hanging on our walls. My dad is a retired dentist but he designed a few pieces of jewelry for my mother and has a very creative eye and my sister also paints and draws but is a veterinarian career wise. So I am the only one who cannot draw or paint (unless stick figures count haha) but I enjoy art very much.

Marcy, glad Marty fell asleep at a decent hour last night. He sure needed that sleep after the last month he just had. Your cake sounds yummy! I am glad I wasn't there because I could have devoured it in one sitting last night. Sometimes my sweet tooth just won't quit but I am being good because I know it will not do my skin any favors. Don't I wish I could eat and drink without any consequence to my health sigh. If I could I would drink thick ice cream shakes all day long. LOL. :lickout:

You are so sweet. Thank you for that compliment. Not sure how true it is these days but I will accept your kind words because I know it comes from your heart and I appreciate that.

Sarah, how are you doing today? I remember that pain med haze very well and glad you are needing less of the pain meds. I hope you had a good night that was pain free. So glad you are doing better and better. Just the way it is supposed to go but sometimes when you are in the thick of things it is hard to see the forest for the trees (especially when the process of healing can take such a long time) though you certainly are and doing an amazing job at getting better. Woohoo keep it up. :appl:

It certainly is wonderful to have a supportive family helping you along this journey. Makes all the difference. And LOL on the scars and war wounds. Greg always says it means we have led an interesting life. With all my scars one would think my life is far more interesting than it actually is though haha. Oh what I wouldn't give for a little bit more boredom in this "interesting" life LOL. But hey you are right. We have survived it and are stronger for it. There is definitely something to be said for that.

I love trees and greenery and flowers and when we lost all of that after the Sandy storm we replanted and while it was a small fortune it was so worth it. I think we replanted the trees we lost with Cypress trees but now I am not positive. We chose based on our location at the beach and water and possibility of future storms. Our gardener said these trees stood the best chance of surviving the salt water should there be another storm surge. I think it was Cypress trees.

Is it still snowing by you? Here is a dirty slushy mess or was at least yesterday. We got some snow overnight but now it is a freezing rain. Slippery outside. I canceled my PT this morning as I don't feel like venturing out the half mile I have to walk via the icy sidewalks. I will do all my exercises at home today.

Ovi, we both have curly/wavy hair that was blown straight by our hairdressers this weekend. That's a funny coincidence. My hair is still straight however and not curling at all due to the dry air despite the precipitation. Winter weather is weird as it can be snowing and the air still feels dry at times. In any case I will be washing it this morning and letting it return to its naturally curly state.

I hope you had a good rest of the weekend and were able to relax and unwind a bit and get your mind off things for a while at least. We are all cheering you on and supporting you through this challenging time and we are here for you. Hang in there and you know that it is only a matter of time till the situation improves. Yes, it feels like it is taking forever and the unknown is always scary but I have no doubt you will not only get through this but you will be happy again. I know in my heart this is true and life will be good again for you. In the meantime take it one day at a time and we are here for you dear Ovi.

LLJsmom, WooHoo!!! You go girl! So proud of you. :appl: You are in amazing shape and wow broke your own record after the week you had too. Really great job. :appl: :appl: :appl:

Hope you have a good week that is not as crazy as last week. See you soon. :wavey:

Kristie, we are looking forward to hearing of your adventures at the gem show. Hope it was a successful trip!

Callie, I know you are still in California but just wanted to wish you safe travels back and hope you are having the best time.

Junebug, hope all is well by you and that you and your dh enjoyed the rest of the weekend and watching the SB last night. Who won? Haha I don't even know who was playing. Is that bad? :oops:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Someone's bound to blink!

Have a great day!

imageuploadedbytapatalkhd1422887756.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
marcy said:

Have a great day!

Haha my money's on the teddy bear. They can hold their own. :bigsmile: :cheeky:

Now if this was between Greg and me I would no doubt prevail. I can outstare him on my worst day. 8)

_26577.jpg

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
To quote LLJ, 'just a quick fly by':

I'll greet you all with a "Good Morning & Hello Everyone"!!

537 closings in our county alone this am re snow. It was not an epic snowfall total, but anytime its generally 6-8 inches or more, and depending on the timing of the fall--ie, how quickly did it accumulate, did roads get plowed etc., schools begin to close. Looking out my window now, it is crystal blue skies. Without cloud cover, the temps plummet. So its about 10-15 right now. Calm winds. Yesterday not so, gusting to 30 ish. Looking at my pine trees this am, (snow is pretty) the neighbor behind just got finished snow blowing his drive. Many here either have plow service or do it themselves with a snow blower. So Missy, yes, it is pristine right now, & not slushy. I easily could of been a weather person, I love it.

I have some work that must get done today--deadlines deadlines. Work last week went well, we were to be in FL, so not much to do as I had prepared well. Lesson to self, keep the advance planning work going. Work would've been a disaster!! Thank you Lord for small miracles.

I am laying here, woke up at 8a. Now, my last pill was 12 mid. Did not set alarm. Woke up at 8a. So 12a to 8a not too bad. Oh! But achy achy achy!!!! Gulped down 2 pills. Bathroom & right back to bed to wait for blessed relief. Will get coffee & oatmeal soon, hubby in shower. He has been a saint.

The biggest thing, that is the most uncomfortable right now, is the lack of activity. My muscles ache. I wonder if massage would help to relieve this? LLJ--what do you think--fitness gurus, I need some direction. Massage would just help generally I'm sure, but as for the specific 'lack of muscle activity', it would seem the only remedy is movement. Oh boy--just need to hang in there, in a few months this will have passed.

Marcy, enjoy having hubby home, always a relief to see the darkened doorway. Glad to hear you & your sister can support each other.

LLJ, congrats on your PR--that is cool, & doesn't it make you feel STRONG. I am hoping your week goes well with kiddos & all that jazz.

Jimmianne, how is Puff. Would love to see him--love his name. What awesome work you do--a creative mind you must have indeed.

Ovi, enjoy your new hair cut, I hope it gives you a pick-me-up. Hugs to you today, one day at a time.

Missy, you are such a compassionate dear. I so enjoy reading your messages of encouragement. Thank you, & to think we have never seen nor met one another, you have a huge heart, thank from mine to yours! Stay inside today, it is not worth the exposure to ice etc to go to PT. Had a friend a few years ago who simply went to her mailbox & broke her ankle in 3 places. Ice. Yikes. Sorta reminds me of the gal (cough) who turned in her kit & broke her hip.....good grief!!!!!!

Junebug, hope you had a good weekend, & have a great week this week. This winter weather is frightful--it is so constraining, wind, snow, ice slush you name it, I'll take dry SW climate any time over this--as beautiful as it is right now.

Everyone, have a great week ahead & keep your spirits up, XOXO
sarahb

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
marcy|1422887778|3825946 said:

Have a great day!
Thank you Marcy. Exactly the start I need!! I love killer bunny, but teddy is such a sweetie. Can't choose!!

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
sarahb|1422888493|3825956 said:
To quote LLJ, 'just a quick fly by':

The biggest thing, that is the most uncomfortable right now, is the lack of activity. My muscles ache. I wonder if massage would help to relieve this? LLJ--what do you think--fitness gurus, I need some direction. Massage would just help generally I'm sure, but as for the specific 'lack of muscle activity', it would seem the only remedy is movement. Oh boy--just need to hang in there, in a few months this will have passed.

sarahb

sarahb, that would make me very uncomfortable too!
I don't know if this would help, but I'll mention it.
When I wake up in the morning I feel very stiff. After hobbling downstairs for coffee, things get better.
But recently I started doing yoga - lying down in bed before I get up and I've found that tensing muscles and holding the position not only makes me NOT stiff when I get up, but produces a feeling of well-being.
Before your accident were you involved in yoga?

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone!

Lol missy, no it's not bad you didn't know who was playing - I wouldn't either if my husband wasn't a football fan! The New England Patriots won, and actually it was a pretty exciting game, a "down to the wire" type of thing. My son's friends ended up coming over and a good time was had by all haha!

Sarah, glad to hear you are doing well, it's great you are sleeping ok, I think that makes such a difference in coping with things we have to deal with during the day! Wow, you sound like you're getting around well too. I'm sorry to hear about the aches, I can see how that could happen - you are an active person so I bet that makes it even worse. I'm afraid to suggest anything because I don't really know and I don't want to suggest something that might end up being detrimental to you! Maybe the PT could suggest something. I was thinking you could do some upper body exercises, just some stretching and arm movements. Since you're mobile, maybe getting up and moving a bit will loosen things up? Thinking of you, you are handling all of this like a champ and I admire your positive outlook.

Marcy, so glad Marty is finally home! Love the pic, made me laugh!

LLJsmom, sounds like you have had quite the week! I agree with you, I don't know how single moms do it. It is so hard to be responsible for everything with no help or assistance whatsoever. My husband has always traveled a lot so I've been on my own a decent amount, but I was a sahm and didn't have the added responsibility of handling a full time job on top of everything else. Thinking of you, you are doing a great job. And congrats on the PR! Impressive, it must feel so rewarding!

Jimmianne, what a fascinating background and career you have had! You have done some important work, and it sounds very interesting.I am not an artist by any stretch of the imagination, but I do a little decorative painting and fool around with acrylics a little. I have no imagination though, so any artistic leanings I have are greatly hampered by that. I do have an idea to recreate a Vincent Van Gogh painting I like, just for fun. I'll post a pic when I'm done, it should be good for a laugh at least lol.

Ovi, thinking of you, I know times are tough for you, take care of yourself - you'll get through all of this.

Calliecake, hope you are having a fabulous time!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi ladies, hope everyone is having a good afternoon. It's a snowy one here.
In fact it was almost whiteout conditions for the last couple of hours but it seems to be calming down.
I am enjoying the snow from the comfort and warmth of my home and my sweet kitties are keeping me company.

Callie wanted me to say hello from her to all of you
and she said she misses everyone.
They are staying in California for an extra day
because they got 20 inches of snow in Chicago.
So yay for that kind of vacation extender.
Warm and sunny where she is in California.
A perfect 70 degrees. :appl:

Sarah, I am sorry you are uncomfortable
and I like Jimmianne's suggestion of tensing your muscles
while still laying down in bed and seeing if that helps.
I am going to try it too because I am very stiff
when I first get out of bed in the morning
and my limp is at its most pronounced.
I will let you know how it goes.

I also think that massage would be helpful for you
but make sure you get a rehab massage therapist
who knows how to work with our specific injuries.

Marcy, did anyone blink yet? C'mon Teddy. You can do it! :appl:
They must be getting tired. And hungry. :cheeky:

Junebug, glad you all enjoyed SB Sunday! What sport is next?
Or is football still being played now? Baseball starts soon right?
LOL I don't know why I'm asking you it's not like you are the sports expert
but I figure since both of your guys follow sports you might know. :bigsmile:

Did you get much snow?

And I almost forgot....HAPPY GROUNDHOG'S DAY!!!!!
Did Punxsutawney Phil see his shadow? Drumroll please..........................................................................................................................................................................................
.................................................................................................
.................................................................................................

YES he did folks! That means 6 more freakin weeks of winter! :nono:
LOL. Groundhogs are so darn cute don't you think?

von.jpg

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Since we are in for 6 weeks more of winter, here is something I recently discovered that's excellent comfort food:
McCann Steel Cut Oatmeal {Irish Oats} topped with Spanish Marcona Almonds, cream, honey and blueberries. The Irish Oats are a little "crunchy"; I never thought of oatmeal as spectacular until I tried this brand, and with the toppings it's like desert for breakfast.

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Well, have never done a yoga class, but have to say, have always been intrigued by it.

Jimmianne, I love your suggestion--so its been tense & squeeze all day--every time I remember. :lol: I never even thought about static movement--makes total sense. Thank YOU SO MUCH--will report back.

I did do quite a few laps around the house with the walker, it has wheels on the front, then the back 2 legs flex up & down depending on the weight applied. Concentrating on walking with foot pointed straight,instead to the side, & trying to replicate the entire leg/walking motion from heel strike to toe lift. Of course, standing as straight as possible. Pull in core :) PT is coming tomorrow again.

Junebug, yes will get my light weights out for upper. Good suggestion. I have to tell you this, my dear mother, sent me a few pairs of weights--as a gift--from Seattle. She is such a sweet thing. The postage was all I could think about.... Bless her heart.

Missy, are you a therapist? You seem to have the personality of a helper, supporter, care-giver etc. whatever, your capacity is seemingly endless & you're good at it!!

Hope everyone had a great day today!

OK I'll admit it, I love Bachelor/Bachelorette series :) & it is on, I've missed the last 2 Mondays....must get my fix. Its mindless junk TV in its purist form. :sun:
sarahb

TechieTechie

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone, hope everyone is well.

Sorry that I've been on hiatus as I have been staying with my Mom as we navigate thru the labyrinth of Cleveland Clinic. I'm back home to MA for a few days for a break from my Mom and to dig out my cars from last week's (and today's) snowmagadden...more than 3.5 feet have fallen here in the last week.

We've had a busy month with my Mom....a new primary care physician, 8 Cleveland Clinic specialists, 100s (literally) of tests and scans. We've found out and she has 2 pretty rare conditions, one on her neck (Carotid) veins and one on her parathyroid, as well as stage 3 (out of 5) kidney disease...along with her COPD Good news is that she is mobile and cleared to drive, the bad news is that she still gets tired very easily and most likely will have to retire this summer after her sick/vacation/comp time are exhausted (and sell the home she's had for 25 years)...a lot of change for her. But, for the first time in a looooooooooong time, we are confident that my Mom is getting good, proactive, health care. It's just so exhausting taking care of a parent...I don't really feel up to doing much at the end of the day.

And, I returned to MA late Friday night to find that my city plowers made the snowpile at the end of my street so big that it's covered 1/2 my driveway....and literally buried my car up to the roof (I'm the last house on a dead end and my driveway runs parallel to the end of the street). I know in the grand scheme of things, it's not a big deal, but when they came today and started plowing more snow into my yard, I lost it. It's just not fair that I have 2 streets of snow (and salt) in my yard. I'll take pics tomorrow for you all...unbelievable.

Headed back to Ohio hopefully later this week to work from Ohio until we have the final round of specialists appointments...then I will have to turn it over to my brother for the day to day stuff. Good times.

Missy....hope you are healing up nicely and getting ROM back.

Marcy...thanks for the picture....made me smile.

Ovi...your grace under incredible stress is admirable. Missy is right, don't go down without a fight.

Sarah...sorry to hear you've had major surgery. Two suggestions I might add given my 3 major surgeries in 10 year ordeal. With the pain meds, are you eating a super-mini meal (and plenty of water) when you have the Oxy? I found that did wonders for me and the nausea. A handful of cheese and crackers were enough for me. But, if this doesn't work, you may also have a sensitivity to Oxy. I can't take morphine as I get violently ill...but oddly enough, Demerol and Fentanyl worked wonders without any nausea. Just a thought.

Also, Missy is 100% right about the massage. I had massage + PT after my surgeries and it worked wonders. Your body and muscles are compensating and it's very normal to have new aches and pains. As Missy recommended, get a massive therapist that works with either sports or rehab patients as they will really understand musculature (someone who specializes in trigger point therapy is even better). And better to go gentle at first...you don't want to introduce any new trauma into the body, simply to increase the blood flow. Then you can increase pressure after you and they know what your body can handle.

Speaking of handling, I'm off for the night. Going to indulge in a nice Maine Beer Company Ale (and a sappy movie) to relax. Have a good night everyone.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oops.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marty says the bear blinked first. The Bears say the rabbit blinked first then went crazy and tried to bite off the Bear's head.

imageuploadedbytapatalkhd1422930461.jpg

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sarahb, PT and massage sounds like a great idea. Getting the blood flowing is key right. You strong brave girl. The laps in your house are doing a world of good. It's great that you are so disciplined in doing them. Last wen I received a Muscle Activation Treatment that did wonders in helping release tight muscles. It might be interesting to just look it up and see if you think it might me helpful. One 60 minute session helped me go from a 8:30 to 7:30 first mile. It basically helped release muscles that were tightened. The therapy was almost like a work out even though I was either face down or on my back most of the time. He had me pushing against him in various positions while he used his own strength and body weight to push against me. He worked on certain muscles with his elbows and knees. I'm not gonna lie. At some points he had me crying like a baby. But I didn't have to use any machines or weights and I did it all lying down. It might be worth a chat with one of these therapists who are certified using this treatment along your road to recovery.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
marcy|1422930477|3826337 said:
Marty says the bear blinked first. The Bears say the rabbit blinked first then went crazy and tried to bite off the Bear's head.

NO!!!! Is bear alright?!?! BAD bunny!! No soup for you!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Ladies,

LLJsmom, congratulations on finishing your half marathon in record time. That is awesome! :appl: :appl: :appl: You should be very excited and proud of yourself. Good luck with making it through another very busy, busy week. I am glad I started your day out right for you. Junior (the bear) is okay. I rescued him and he’s hanging out with some of the bigger bears now. I did tell the rabbit “Bad bunny!”

Missy, I have the same skill set you have with art. Stick figures are right up my alley. I am so awful at Pictionary; I can’t draw worth a darn. I have a sweet tooth too but try not to bake too often because we certainly don’t need it. What flavor of ice cream shakes do you like? Mmm is right. :lickout: Thank you for graciously accepting my compliment; I meant every word of it. Cypress trees are so neat. They have a lot of them at Pebble Beach. Good plan to do your PT at home today. That is awesome you can beat Greg in a staring contest. I always lose to Marty.

Sarahb, I’ve been wondering all day how you are doing. I love fresh snow and bright blue, sunny skies. It is such a lovely contrast. Glad you are able to keep up with work; it definitely helps to be prepared. Eight hours of sleep is great and I am sure your body needed it. You’ll probably find more ways to stretch and do things that will help with the achiness of not moving your muscles. My dad broke his hip and was doing pretty much everything again in about 2 months. He was 85 but very active. You are doing great walking around your home. Good luck at PT tomorrow.

Jimmianne, I kind of do the same thing in beg with my knees and legs. It is amazing how much it helps. That oatmeal sounds good; I only seem to like oatmeal in cookies though.

Junebug, I do like football games that can go either way until the end. It was a pretty even game. I think a sahm does more work than I put in at the office every week. I think it’s pretty cool you paint. I’d love to see one of your pictures.

Callie, California sounds quite nice; definitely better than 20 inches of snow.

Hi Ovi and Kristie!

TechieTech, 3.5 feet of snow? Holy snowdrifts! I hate to hear about the things they found with your mom but I am glad she is getting good, proactive health care. Going to the doctors and getting tests is so time consuming and emotionally draining. She and you have a lot of changes coming with her retiring and selling her house. How awful they are burying your yard and driveway in snow. We were the only house on our block the first winter we were here and I was absolutely buried here a few times. Naturally Marty was always out of town when those blizzards hit.

LOL, I just noticed you can see the shadows of the 4 other rabbits on the banister in my second picture.

Marty got up in the middle of the night to work Romania hours. He was sound asleep in the basement when I got home about 5:30. I made tacos for supper. He was in bed by 8.

Laters,
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning ladies!

Jimmianne, I LOVE steel cut oats. But rarely eat them as they take too long to prepare on a regular basis. And in any case I had to cut down on the grains and such to see if that helps my skin. Jury is still out on that because aside from a few known triggers for me (dairy, chocolate, peanut butter) what I eat doesn't seem to affect my face. Still working that out though. Thank you for that recipe and I am going to be sure to share it with my dh. He will LOVE it.

I tried your tensing muscle exercise and it seems to help with the stiffness. Thank you Jimmianne!

Sarah, how did you sleep last night? I hope you are feeling well this morning and less stiff. Did you get a chance to try Jimmianne's suggestion? I found it helpful. Hoping your pain keeps diminishing and your strength keeps increasing.

No I am not a therapist though I guess it seems I play one with my friends LOL. It's interesting you mentioned that though because IRL I am the one my friends come to in order to work out problems and challenges and I am glad to be there for them and help in any way I can. Of course take anything I say with a grain of salt as I am an Optometrist IRL and no background in psychology at all except for an intro to psych class and an abnormal psychology class in college 32 years ago. That was an eye opening class as almost everyone I knew (including myself!) fit into one of those "abnormal" categories lol. Thank you for the compliment Sarah.

Oh and as long as we are sharing true confessions about guilty pleasure tv shows I am right there with you Sarah re the Bachelor and Bachelorette lol! My dh cannot stand these shows so now I try watching them without him so I have only watched the first episode this year so far but have the others on TIVO waiting. It does seem as with each season I have less patience for the same old things. Like, "is she in it for the right reasons" LOL and other tired repetitions but I am still hanging in there wanting to see true love happen. I guess we are idealistic romantics at heart. :halo: Is it just me though or do you agree that they really don't pick out the best diamond rings. I guess I am not a fan of Neil Lane diamond rings.

I also like Millionaire Matchmaker...anyone watch that? My dh hates Patty Stanger. I like her though she can be a bit abrasive at times she does offer some good advice IMO.

Jen, OMG that's a lot of snow! I am so sorry about all you are going through with your mom and the confusing and complicated maze that is healthcare these days. But I am relieved to hear she is obtaining good care and will hopefully be A-OK. She is lucky she has you and the rest of your family who are supporting and helping her through this. You must be so exhausted. (((Hugs))) and I hope you can get some much needed rest and time to yourself soon. Remember you can only be as good a caretaker as you are to yourself because if you run yourself down you won't be able to help others. So please be good to yourself and try to get some rest.

Ugh about the snowplows. You are right, that is so unfair and frustrating. If you were just dealing with that it wouldn't be as huge a deal but given all that you are dealing with now I can see where that would be overwhelming. :blackeye: I hope the situation sorts itself out and I am also hoping the snow is almost over and done with already though I don't hold out much hope for that. We might have a few more weeks of snow events but here's hoping they are small ones!

I'm working on my ROM, thanks for asking. I'm like that little engine that could...just plugging along with my improvements as small as they might be. I know with time they will keep adding up.

Good luck with the next and final round of specialists. I hope it all goes smoothly! And I hope you enjoyed that beer and sappy movie last night. :wavey:

Marcy. Listen, I don't want to cause any trouble but I have it on good authority that the bunny is lying through his teeth. Yes that's right. Sorry but I stand for truth and justice as you know and well, that bunny is a big fat liar and that's all I will say on the subject for now. Bad bunny indeed. Give Mr. Teddy a big fat bear hug from me and tell him it's OK. We know the truth. :cheeky:

Aww, I cannot stay mad at the bunny though. Give him some XOXO from me. You know how they get. Like little babies. Now play fair everyone. Your mommy has a full time job as it is and doesn't need to be babysitting you as well as her employees yanno? Behave or as LLJsmom said, there will be NO soup for YOU! :nono: :bigsmile:

Marcy, I am sure your stick figures are way better than mine which look like a 2 year old drew them. Oh well. I must have hidden talents somewhere. Still waiting for them to make themselves known. I can be patient. 8-)

Callie Wishing you a safe flight! I think you must be in the air right now so safe travels!!!

Ovi, glad you had a decent day yesterday and hoping for the same or better today! Chat with you soon. (((Hugs))).

Junebug :wavey: hope you enjoy the day!

Kristie, so excited to hear about your gem trip. We are all waiting patiently to hear the details. Hope you both had a fantastic time. :appl:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi all!

Missy, actually my husband and son aren't really into basketball or baseball so I'm not too up on those sports! Yep, football season is over and my husband is already wondering how he'll spend his Sundays lol I suggested board games but that didn't go over too well haha! I guess we'll try to find some golf tournaments to watch. He does follow college basketball a little, and March madness is coming up so he'll probably tune in for that. We lucked out down here in the Philly area and ended up with hardly any snow. My mother lives in North Jersey, in the NYC area and they were hit much harder so I haven't gone up in the past few days because it's just a mess right now. I'll head up tomorrow though, my brother is hanging in there but I think he needs a break.

Techietechie, wow, sounds like you and your mom have had a very stressful and exhausting month. I can relate a little, my mother is 90 with mobility issues and just a trip to the doctor for a check-up is very draining so I can imagine how tiring and overwhelming all those doctor visits and tests were for you, and for your mother too. I'm sorry to hear about your mother's health issues, but it's great that you feel like you have a good handle on what her health problems are and can now get proper treatment for them. She is lucky to have you! Make sure you take care of yourself too, the stress involved with helping an aging and ill parent can take its toll. Hugs to you, it's hard when our parents get older and start to face some life changes and tough challenges.

Marcy, love the pic but I'm glad to hear the bear survived lol! Yikes, that rabbit has some wicked teeth! Being a sahm wasn't always easy but honestly, I didn't feel the stress and pressure that's involved with holding down a full time job so in some ways I think working outside the home is harder. Sometimes I second guess myself and think maybe I should have worked part-time but to be honest, just knowing myself, I think it would have been really hard for me to handle both the stress of working and raising kids. I really admire women like LLJsmom who can do it all.

Hope everyone is having a good week!

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If I had a bunny, I would post that photo instead!

BG posted photos of the diamond I bought from their new shipment on their website just now...
http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/diamonds/diamond-details/0.944-g-vs2-round-diamond-ags-bl-104076722008

Thanks to spending time on PS I felt confident buying it without seeing a photo and it was just what I had been searching for - strong flour., just under 1ct, and ideal cut. With the small table it should be a very happy stone.

It will arrive here tomorrow! Boy - did I miss buying diamonds...this is so much fun, Unfortunately not the kind of fun you can have all that often : )
But it IS almost Valentine's Day lol.

[thanks for indulging me with this post. I've learned to be very careful posting on other forums if I don't want negative feedback, but will probably do a little thread on SMTB at some point].

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results