shape
carat
color
clarity

Comments on this OEC Spread Cut please?

therainbowradish

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I am considering this purchase but would like some feedback from unbiased diamond enthusiasts. It is a 1.37, VS1, L spread cut (7.54 x 7.51 x 3.95) and I am thinking of a bezel/halo setting. It has a girdle that ranges from thin to slightly thick. Would you go for it? Basically a 1.37 that looks like a 1.6 at a great price.
Thank you for any and all comments. I need to decide whether to buy or pass by Monday.

Here is a comparison video. The one I am considering is on the far right:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mTNw_bmDKc

here are the EGL stats

DIAMXRAY light return photo.

_26539.jpg

_26540.jpg

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
3.93mms for an over 7.5mm stone? That's called a shallow OEC or a flatty. :eh: Notice it has 52.5% depth that is really shallow for an OEC, so yeah ummm great spready, smucky stone. Look at the video, see the dark dead area in the centre that never really lights up at all, it confirms what I am seeing in the numbers....

So unless you have seen it in person and it knocks your socks off NO I'd never buy it.

retrogamer

Shiny_Rock
I may be a noob to diamonds, but after seeing the hundreds of my photos my wife has shown me and after purchasing and returning about 10 old euros, I can definitively say that is not a winner.

suzdaug

Rough_Rock
I saw this stone too am surprised by their huge talk up of it - saying it was one of the best they have seen. I was concerned by the dark black area in the center too and they assured me it was normal of OEC. My jeweler said no way!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results