carat
color
clarity

Vent/Rage of the day thread

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on your 60th birthday :dance:

What a way to start the day! I'm glad you and your cats were not hurt by the broken glass.

Rena7

Shiny_Rock
I hope your day has been getting better Matata. Happy Birthday.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rena7|1422572215|3824105 said:
I hope your day has been getting better Matata. Happy Birthday.
Thank you very much. Three more hours until a nice dinner and martinis with DH.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
autumngems|1422449063|3823140 said:
Calliecake,
I have a feeling his mother has no idea why they broke up or if he is telling her a different story. I am just glad it ended when it did before anything more transpired.

It sounds like you're on the right track (getting your daughter help, keeping the lines of communication open with her, etc.). I will say, though, that teenage boys are not exactly equipped to deal with emotions. Many adult men that I know can barely deal with an emotional woman, let alone a teenage boy. Don't get me wrong, I'm not defending his behavior, but I can't say that I'm surprised to learn that he couldn't/didn't want to deal with heavy emotions at his/their age. It sounds to me like your daughter is much better off without him and perhaps she needs some time to focus on herself (as opposed to putting energy into male/female relationships).

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MATATA!!!!! :dance:

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Matata, that is right up there with me having a breast biopsy on our anniversary!
I believe you must be well into that dinner with martinis as I've just now seen this and I hope you have one for me, too!

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
movie zombie|1422586426|3824205 said:
Matata, that is right up there with me having a breast biopsy on our anniversary!
I believe you must be well into that dinner with martinis as I've just now seen this and I hope you have one for me, too!
I had two martinis with dinner and one was definitely for you. After the 1st I started having improper thoughts about the young, yet legal, very handsome young man who was serving me my dinner. Then I remembered I was old enough to be his grandmother and tried to console myself with the decadent chocolate torte for dessert.

MisterMadelise

Shiny_Rock
Matata|1422594755|3824264 said:
I had two martinis with dinner and one was definitely for you. After the 1st I started having improper thoughts about the young, yet legal, very handsome young man who was serving me my dinner. Then I remembered I was old enough to be his grandmother and tried to console myself with the decadent chocolate torte for dessert.

Happy birthday :appl:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Birthday Matata!... :wavey: :appl: :appl:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

:lol:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
tyty333|1422629805|3824439 said:

:lol:

Double LOL from me too. LOL. In our minds we will always be young though...and therefore no fantasy is off limits. :bigsmile:

Hope you had a wonderful birthday Matata!!! And hugs to you and your dear kitties from me.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock

LOL, I still have these thoughts as well on occasion and i'm glad to know i'm not alone!
the body may be old but the mind and eye is still appreciative........... :oops: :lol: :twisted:

aviastar

Brilliant_Rock
Printers are the bane of modern existence.

That's all. :angryfire:

Kelinas

Shiny_Rock
6 days ago, I got news that someone I considered my sister passed away.

She had breast cancer and beat it.
Didn't tell me, I even asked after I saw a suspicious Facebook post.
That was 2013.

She went in Christmas 2014 for a checkup where they found a "shadow" on her liver.
Further testing showed that it was a tumor that had metastasized to her spine. They were waiting for results from genomic testing (for specific chemo) to come back when she suddenly became delirious and was in so much pain that she was rushed to the ICU. She died not 2 hours later.

I knew of NONE of this,
Was I that sh*tty of a friend that she didn't feel able to talk to me?

I miss her so much it's not even funny.

Plus, this is the 4th death in 4 months.

Life is short, and cruel :/

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kelinas, I am so sorry. :cry: (((Hugs))) to you.

Cluless

Brilliant_Rock
Kelinas, I'm truly sorry my condolences to you xo.

No you're not a sh@tty friend, I think your friend didn't tell you because she didn't want to burden or trouble you with her troubles she didn't want you worrying about her. I kept my illness from my parents not because they were sh@tty parents because I didn't want them to worry about me and after all it is what it is and there's nothing anyone can do about it.

I agree with you life is cruel I lost my parents 9 months of each other I'm still shaking my head thinking wtf ,her 2 year passing was on Jan 28. still feels surreal.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so very sorry Kelinas, you have my deepest sympathy. I'm sure you were not a bad friend to her, it just sounds like it's the way she chose to deal with her illness. My guess is she didn't want to worry or upset you. I know it is very hard, but try not to take it personally if you can. Hugs to you, this is a shocking and traumatic thing to have happen, please take care of yourself.

PattyCo

Brilliant_Rock
If you move your household items in a pick-up truck be sure and tie down the mattress so it doesn't fly out at 50+ miles per hour and knock the motorcyclist behind you off his bike and send him rolling down the street. And don't keep driving!!!!!!!!!!!

Kelinas

Shiny_Rock
PattyCo|1423531859|3830026 said:
If you move your household items in a pick-up truck be sure and tie down the mattress so it doesn't fly out at 50+ miles per hour and knock the motorcyclist behind you off his bike and send him rolling down the street. And don't keep driving!!!!!!!!!!!
Omg Patty!!!! Did it happen to someone you know or did you just witness it??

10 days ago, I had a very rude run in with 2 random college girls, who long story short, told me I was fat.
I'm not fat. I've had issues with depression where I resorted to binge eating and got up to 160 pounds but I lost 15 pounds and felt super good about it.

So... Now I'm back on the diet from hell.
10 days, 14 pounds, 10 more pounds to go.

So tired of eating eggs. :wall: :wall: :wall:
My cat eats better than I do.

JanesJewels

Shiny_Rock
It's one thing that you're a cruel, uncaring *******. It's one thing that despite having been best friends for 38 years, you haven't called, emailed or written once in the ten months since my lovely mom died. I don't even care that you dropped me like a hot brick the day she died and haven't bothered with me since, not even when I turned 40, not even when I expressed my grief in an email, and not even on the first Christmas without her. I don't care that despite Mom having been kind to you your whole childhood, and despite eating at our table all those years while we were growing up, you couldn't come to the funeral even though you have six weeks' vacation. Oh, yeah - remember when you slept with our mutual friend's fiance and you lost every friend in town except me, who stood by you because I believed in you? I don't care, because you know what? Karma is a pre-menstrual so-and-so who must be royally pissed off with you by now, so you'll be getting yours one day.

The thing I really can't stand about you?

That you think "hisself" is a word, and you're unable to conjugate the verb "to be". The sentence "We was going to the park" is also not a sentence.

Did you know that the last time we met, you punctuated literally every other sentence with "if ya know wha' ah mean"? Yes, actually, when you said you liked the wine or that you were going to the bathroom I did, in fact, know exactly what you meant. There's no need to check one hundred times in an evening.

At least you no longer embarrass me in public with your "interesting" dialect.

Even more interesting is that your pre-Higgins Eliza speech never bothered me before you treated me so terribly during major bereavement and I barely noticed it. But now I just think you're a gutter-dwelling pathetic little urchin with two brain cells and a mouth to match. I should have dumped you like the rest of the town when you alley-catted around with your friend's man - not once, but a handful of times. And what had she ever done to you, may I ask? Nothing, she was lovely, and you took her man.

Bitch. The word doesn't seem to cover it.

PattyCo

Brilliant_Rock
Kelinas, it happened to my husband. He has broken ribs and serious road rash but is alive. We are left with the ambulance bill, the ER bill, the tow truck bill, repair/replace the motorcycle bill... We have insurance but still, we shouldn't be the ones covering it. But we look at each other and can't seem to get angry because, after all, my husband lived. The ambulance took him to the ER and not a mortuary. Skin and ribs repair themselves. The bike can be repaired/replaced. And husbunny can ride it again. Because he lived.

And about those "college" girls, my wise mother would say, "What do they know when their immaturity is hanging out a mile." So please eat so you can get to your target weight wisely, and because YOU want to. Not because of someone else's immaturity.

JanesJewels, I am sorry your friend abandoned you when you needed her most. I know this can't replace the real thing but here are some cyber hugs...{{{{hughughughughug}}}}

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Patty: you and your hubby have your priorities right.

Kelinas, insulted by college girls with the maturity and manners of a 2 year old?! I hope you told them to grow up and get a life. they must be very very insecure.

Jane: that is one of the best worded posts I have ever read.
it is obvious she was never a real friend. however, You Were A Real Friend and it is her loss.
you are so very right that the karma she is and has built will one day find her.
and i'm betting when it does she'll contact you.
be prepared.
some people are takers. you and your mother were not.
I sent you major cyber vibes and remember you always have us here.

Kelinas

Shiny_Rock
Patty! I'm so sorry! Is there no way to track the guy who did it?
Wishing a speedy recovery to your husband!!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
PattyCo|1423531859|3830026 said:

PattyCo,
I'm so glad your husband is "ok". People that do things like that and then keep driving :snooty: .
Kudos to you and your husband for having your priorities well placed.

tyty

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Patty-- Yikes! I am glad your husband is recovering. That is the only thing that really matters. That said.... The police should put a priority on tracking people who do that sort of thing. People die all the time because some lazy, incompetent, self-centered dim-bulb can't be bothered to secure their load.

Kelinas -- please don't let their dumbness cause you to lose weight too fast. Come chat in the weight loss thread.
Oh.... And the same sort of dumb college girls walked up to me the other day and asked me to be in a commercial for the school showing how diverse it is.... You know because they needed someone to show that old people are students here too.... Umm... I'm not even 30 yet!
Don't let them get to you.

Jane -- Big hugs. I'm sorry your friend is being that way. She doesn't sound like she even knows how to be a good friend.

PattyCo

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you all for the good wishes towards hubby's recovery. :wavey: The police said the traffic cams were "live feed" and news stations used them to report on traffic flow. Plus they were not designed to zero in on license plates. Even though the pick up truck kept going other people did stop to help. We laugh because one lady said she were going to call 911 for him and then handed him the phone! We think she was just as rattled by what happened to hubby as he was and wasn't thinking clearly. But she was sweet and stopped to help. Another guy picked up his motorcycle and moved it. A nurse stopped and checked him for major injury and then had him sit down until the ambulance came. Others drove up and rolled down there windows to ask how he was doing, then drove on so as not to create more of a traffic jam. All in all the good outweighs the bad.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Walking from point A to point B in the living room, I managed to stub two of my toes this morning, and they still ache a bit. grr... :wall:

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kelinas, I'm sure, from your posts here, that you are incapable of being a shitty friend.

What I know from working in a hospital is that people often feel guilty for having cancer. The "battled" cancer verbiage plays into that too although until you've had cancer you might not parse it that way. It sounds to me from what you've written that she did not beat the cancer, it was undetectable in her body until it wasn't.

If you can, be glad your friend didn't suffer from 'treatment' that would have given her a poor quality of life with no increase in life span/effect on disease.

I am sorry for your loss; you've had too much recently. Perhaps your friend wanted you to remember the balance of your friendship and not her end time.

fiona00004

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I hate it when i am driving correctly and then I get the finger...

situation 1) this week I am driving just fine and this person in a Dodge Charger decided to pass me but think he can squeeze between me and the parked cars next to me to cut me off...so I honk him and he sticks out his hand out the window to give me the finger

situation 2) several years ago, I top was at a stop sign and so does the lady facing me in the oncoming lane. We both start to inch forwards after stopping and I continue straight while she almost drives into me as she turns left...she then gives me the finger....HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO KNOW THAT SHE WANTED TO TURN IF SHE DOESN't USE THE DARN BLINKERS?!?!

fiona00004

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
PintoBean|1424467701|3835635 said:
Walking from point A to point B in the living room, I managed to stub two of my toes this morning, and they still ache a bit. grr... :wall:

I totally know that feeling!

This past Xmas, I stubbed the same toe twice in one day....and today, it STILL hurts.... I somewhat feel like I broke it or something..... :confused:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results