shape
carat
color
clarity

Would you pay extra for a Tiffany & Co. solitaire?

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would not.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not a chance!

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No, I wouldn't pay extra, but then I would still like to own one of the classic 6 prong tiffany solitaires. So, for some people it is worth it, be it the style they like, or the confidence in the name, rather than value.

Tiffany has been the inspiration for many beautiful rings over the decades. I have quite a few "inspired" pieces. I like their bezels for instance. Their Schlumberger ring was also always a favourite. I guess it just depends.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
While I do like and buy some Tiffany jewelry, I just couldn't buy their solitaire unless it was second hand making the price more reasonable and IF it was one of their best diamonds. Tiffany, Cartier, etc. use nice diamonds, but they are not usually superideal, hearts and arrows cut and some wouldn't even fall into ideal cut territory. If I am paying megabucks for brand, you'd better believe I expect to get the BEST quality diamonds. So since I am unlikely to be able to get the best diamond solitaire ring there, I would pass on that and diamond studs. But for small diamond items like a pendant, etc., I am happy to have Tiffany pieces. I have a few things and enjoy them very much, but until they increase diamond quality, I will stick with vendors here for larger diamond items.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
A diamond solitaire isn't my big desire anyway, but I definitely wouldn't pay a premium for one from Tiffany. I could find more for the money in many other places.

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
For me, no, but my sister who has a Tiffany & Co. solitaire, yes.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
arkieb1|1422710969|3824922 said:
No, but I'm a size W@#$* so the extra money would be put into increasing the size of the stone.... :lol:

+100

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Re: Would you pay extra for a Tiffany & Co. solitaire?

For a vintage piece from their heyday, yes. For a mass-produced modern piece ... no, probably not. Then I'd seek out whoever the modern counterpart might be. If we're talking about giving a premium to somebody for a six prong solitaire, Mark Morrell comes to mind ....

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not a chance. I've looked at their jewels in Scottsdale and I was not impressed although their pieces are very nice and the store is pretty. I don't mean that in a snotty way but when you compare Harry Winston or Graff or even Bulgari, Tiffany doesn't hold up for me. Its a combination of metalsmithing and aesthetics, then the POW effect of the stones themselves.

RandG

Brilliant_Rock
While I wouldn't do a solitaire, I love my Tiffany 3-stone.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Myself no (I'd go for another "prestige brand") BUT for some it is a dream to open that little blue box and find a pretty sparkly thing inside. So if they/ their SO wanted to spend the money on that, then I think the extra $ is worth it.

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Circe|1423011761|3826911 said:
For a vintage piece from their heyday, yes. For a mass-produced modern piece ... no, probably not. Then I'd seek out whoever the modern counterpart might be. If we're talking about giving a premium to somebody for a six prong solitaire, Mark Morrell comes to mind ....

For a vintage piece, yes - for a new T&C solitaire, no. But I do have a special fondness for Tiffany & Co. and certainly can understand someone preferring a T&C solitaire.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I adore the classic T & Co solitaire, but no. Way too overpriced IMO.

Polished

Brilliant_Rock
I would in a heart beat for their solitaire. On a recent trip to Melbourne I tried on a .34 carat with my Tiffany channel set band. At this size the diamond sat so low, close to the small diamonds in the band, in its dainty, perfectly proportioned setting; for me it was the perfect look. I left the store feeling like I had left part of my heart behind. Possibly Tiffany is more cost effective at the smaller diamond end.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Not I. It doesn't appeal to me, the brand, but it does to some. AVC/AVR, that appeals to me and I paid extra to get my stones, and the Single Stone name means something to me...but on that front, now that I have my three stone from them I think that would be my only piece unless something came up preloved. I like the color of the Tiffany box tho.

retrogamer

Shiny_Rock
No, unless it was a vintage piece. My lovely wife does not care for brand names, just quality pieces and vintage Tiffany would be the bee's knees for her.

RosieR

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
No,
Because I would just end up with an ice chip and I could get larger else where. also you cannot wear the box, so no one will know where you bought it

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results