Depth:61.5
Table 56
Girdle: medium
Strong blue fluorescence
6.87-6.91-4.24

Crown angle 35.5
Pavilion angle 40.6

HCA:1.2

The first one is slightly cheaper, probably because of the very good polish - would this affect the appearance? if it doesn't, I don't really care about having a triple X stone.

Thanks in advance

Diamond_Hawk

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
As you can tell by the HCA scores - both are promising.

If you have no concerns over the Strong blue fluor, and have a guarantee it does not change the appearance of the diamond via a gemologist, then your concerns come down to ACTUAL light return and what gives the "Very Good" vs. "Excellent" polish rating.

In general you will find an Excellent polish means no polish features or just a few miniscule polish features that can only be seen with difficulty while face-up at 10X magnification. The Very Good rating will demonstrate minor polish features that can be seen face-up at 10X magnification. The range is fairly broad, so you need to investigate further.

Your best bet is to make sure the fluor does not change the appearance of the diamond and then request Ideal-Scope and/or ASET images of the diamonds to determine light performance.

If you will post those images here, we can provide more advice.

mmmdoan

Rough_Rock
Thanks for your post,

I just figured the strong fluor may help with the J colour. I have a friend who has a Very strong Fluor stone and it's just beautiful.

I would definitely make sure that there isn't a negative effect.

I am looking at bluenile, just because I feel like they ship promptly and hassle-free to Canada.

I'm not sure if they provide ideal-scope or aset, but I will ask.

Texas Leaguer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Of the two I would go with the Triple Ex, not that there a visual difference between Ex and VG polish (there isn't), but because more and more buyers are insisting on Triple Ex. So if you wanted to sell or trade it in the future you would have an easier time of it.

And unless future value is of no concern to you at all, you should read this thread where the impact of fluroescence is being discussed.
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/price-for-round-brilliant.210167/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/price-for-round-brilliant.210167/[/URL]

mmmdoan

Rough_Rock
thanks for that, this is my e-ring and I definitely want to hold on to it forever, unless I do an upgrade with bluenile later on.
So,it's not an investment piece.
Now I'm a little weary of fluorescence. Just from my internet reading, the possibility of neg effect seems to be low, but I will ask their gemologist.

Also bluenile does not provide ideal-scope/ aset - so looks like this is as far as I base my decision on.

the first stone is vvs1, but very good polish - which I am also now weary of
and the second stone is lower in clarity at vs2, but triple x

Texas Leaguer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
mmmdoan|1422661540|3824678 said:
thanks for that, this is my e-ring and I definitely want to hold on to it forever, unless I do an upgrade with bluenile later on.
So,it's not an investment piece.
Now I'm a little weary of fluorescence. Just from my internet reading, the possibility of neg effect seems to be low, but I will ask their gemologist.

Also bluenile does not provide ideal-scope/ aset - so looks like this is as far as I base my decision on.

the first stone is vvs1, but very good polish - which I am also now weary of
and the second stone is lower in clarity at vs2, but triple x
If you are going to explore fluorescence further you might want to see this discussion that is also going on currently :
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/opinions-please.210212/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/opinions-please.210212/[/URL]

mmmdoan

Rough_Rock
Thanks for that. It just seems like all the stones i've been looking at that fit my criteria and price range all have fluorescence, and mostly strong. I'll have to research more then.

thank you!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
mmmdoan|1422662999|3824690 said:
Thanks for that. It just seems like all the stones i've been looking at that fit my criteria and price range all have fluorescence, and mostly strong. I'll have to research more then.

thank you!
MMM
This is my VSB I colored fluorescence stone. The stone have no negative issues under indoor lightings,however I'd see a very light powder blue color under the direct sunlight, but not milky or hazy, it does not effect its performance what so ever it still sparkles like crazy under the sun.

img_6782.jpg

img_6783.jpg

img_6784.jpg

mmmdoan

Rough_Rock
[/quote]
MMM
This is my VSB I colored fluorescence stone. The stone have no negative issues under indoor lightings,however I'd see a very light powder blue color under the direct sunlight, but not milky or hazy, it does not effect its performance what so ever it still sparkles like crazy under the sun.[/quote]

Wow that is a beautiful stone!! Is that strong fluor?

Thank you for sharing that!

mmmdoan

Rough_Rock
I have another question,

There is a very suitable stone at 1.1 ct with similar specs to the 1.23 ct. Is there a noticeable visual difference btwn 1.1 ct and 1.23? I obviously want the bigger stone.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MMM
This is my VSB I colored fluorescence stone. The stone have no negative issues under indoor lightings,however I'd see a very light powder blue color under the direct sunlight, but not milky or hazy, it does not effect its performance what so ever it still sparkles like crazy under the sun.[/quote]

Wow that is a beautiful stone!! Is that strong fluor?

Thank you for sharing that![/quote]
AGSL graded the stone "Very strong blue fluor".

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is a "negligible" stone but in this pic it looks blue.

photo_1085.jpg

photo_1086.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results