carat
color
clarity

Tiffany 7 stone ring

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
mrs-blop|1422595978|3824275 said:
Crystal24K, Sundial and Apacherose - thank you for your kind comments...which I only just saw! Sorry for being slow to respond. :)

Please forgive me, Apacherose, if I don't do hand shots. I'm not hugely fond of my hands, so tend not to post photos of them.

Crystal24K - I would gladly post some profile photos...except I am currently in negotiations for an upgrade - so watch this space!

And speaking of space(rs), no, I dont wear one and never have. I dont like the effect and in all my decades of wearing jewelry have never had a problem with things rubbing to a level where the integrity of any piece was actually threatened. And the BGD tapered Tiffany has a very small donut so, although my wedding ring doesn't sit flush, it sits jolly close to flush!

If all goes well and the new stone eventuates, I will post photos of its profile, as I intend to set once again in the BGD tapered solitaire (yes, I loved it THAT much!) The stone I'm currently trying to snag is well known to this forum, I think... :naughty:

And - yes - I do now (finally!!) have the Tiffany seven stone ring. I absolutely love it! It's a classic. :)

Oh, my goodness - now you've really got our curiosity up! We know the stone? I can't imagine how but can't wait to see it either. Best of luck with your upgrade - how exciting!!! Please keep us posted!

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
Wow- I just clicked on the link that you provided! I am anxiously awaiting some new pics from you with your newest acquisition! How exciting! I am also very glad that you love your setting so much that you are sticking with it :)

Thanks for answering my questions :)

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The last I read you were looking at a three carat stone from Blue Nile. Did you keep that stone or this one replacing your current round stone? Very exciting stuff indeed!!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MissGotRocks -

I decided not to go ahead with it. It was too much money for something I wasn't entirely sure I wanted. I ended up going with a smaller stone - 1.8ct - to wear in the short term while I found my 'dream stone'. The irony tho, of course, is that the 'short term stone' is still sitting in its Blue Nile spring clasp, while the dream stone is already bought!

Happy to post photos when the larger stone is set, or of the 1.8 if you fancy seeing an unset stone. Frankly, I feel like I've been spinning in circles for a while with this. I think I'm there now tho. I may sell the 1.8; not sure as yet.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We love pictures; would love to see the stone! What stone is in the mounting in your avatar? Is it the 1.8 stone?

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No - that's my 2.15 H SI1 - which I've used for a trade up, so no longer have.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
After rereading this thread I realized that you received your Tiffany ring a year ago. And now you are upgrading to that gorgeous AVR diamond! I can't wait to see that beauty set in BGD's wonderful setting. I have their half round classic Tiffany and I love it to death.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here's the unset 1.8ct G VS2 stone. I bought it on a whim and am now not entirely sure what to do with it. I'm sure I'll come up with something tho. :)

And can I just say - that photo was reeeeeally hard to get at night! It's not great - but it's the best I can do!

img_6821.jpg

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Most of the photos I tried to take this evening came out like *this* - very dark. I've included this one because you can see some tiny arrows, despite the conditions. And just to add - this is a BN stone.

ETa - Ugh! Added the same photo again. Fixed now, I think, but you can see this lovely stone is awash in fluff.

img_6824.jpg

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks like a beautiful stone! I think I'm a bit confused though - did you trade in the 2.15 on this stone? But this stone is not set and you're going to get the AVR for an ering stone instead? You could make a fabulous pendant out of this one!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
M-G-R -

No. I bought this stone a while ago. Then recently I traded in the 2.15 for the stone I'm in the process of buying. The 1.8 was simply an extra, bought on a whim.

ETA - ok - just to elaborate... I'd like to own a couple of different styles of rings. In recent years I have definitely wanted an AVR. And for years I've wanted a Leon ring - the style with the round center with the pear sides. The 2.15ct stone was originally bought for that purpose. Then I decided I wanted to do a 3 stone with rb's with the 2.15 and actually bought one of the side stones. But the AVR bug wouldn't go away and I also wanted something a little larger. So I did a BN upgrade from the 1.3 H SI1 I had bought, which I was going to use as one of the side stones to my 2.15ct stone in a 3 stone. When I upgraded that to the 1.8 G VS2, my intension was to use the 1.8 for the center stone in the Leon pear-sides 3 stone. And then I used the 2.15 as an upgrade for the stone that's coming. So basically, I'll end up with 2 rings - one a 3 stone Leon with pear sides using the 1.8, and a solitaire using an AVR. (It's not that complicated till you try to explain it in writing.)

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Then you're going to be a lucky girl with two rings! Thanks for the explanation - makes sense now. I was a little lost in the story for a bit - lol!

Any idea when either of these beautiful rings might be finished? I'm sure they will both be gorgeous!

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock
Okaaayeee...I think I follow!!!! Absolutely perfectly completely sensible and exquisite plan!!!

And, I get it on the handshots. Sorry :(( for being pushy, I hadn't noticed your prior remark in the thread-I mostly drooled over the pics without reading the details. The pics you posted are gorgeous. It is just a beautiful, classy set, I love it.

I am so thrilled for you. Your 1.8 is gorgeous, and I cannot wait to see the Leon three stone- what an amazing ring.

Aaaand, gotta tell ya, that 3.11 is one of the most stunning rocks imaginable. I'mma gonna fall over when I see new pics in the yellow gold tiffany setting, and with this band- ga-thud, I am a complete gonner.

Hats off, Mrs. Blop! Weee! :D

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Apacherose :)

I'm attaching a photo of the 1.3ct stone I originally bought, next to my 2.15ct stone in its setting. This is the pair I was going to turn into a 3 stone. In the end, the smaller stone was upgraded to the 1.8 I now have, and the 2.15 has gone to make way for the new AVR. As it turns out, I'm also planning a small 3 stone ring to use as a travel ring - .95 center, and .55 on each side (2.05ctw). I have the center stone and will probably get this done in spring, 2016.

As for settings - i tend to buy diamonds, and then they sit in my jewelry box for a looooong time. I'll get the AVR set quickly (well, quickly for me, anyway), and it should be done by the end of April, I hope - mainly because it's going into a setting I've already had and know I like. The Leon 3 stone with the 1.8ct center....maybe by Christmas? I've thought about putting it in a temp setting till I'm ready for something more permanent, but I know if I do that, it'll sit there probably till the end of time.

And I meant to say earlier - Sundial - thanks for your kind comments also. :)

img_6830.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results