shape
carat
color
clarity

Help finding antique art deco halo

MJ0911

Rough_Rock
Hello everyone!

I've been on the lookout for an engagement ring for quite some time now (turns out I'm picky and indecisive :roll: ). Anyway, I started wanting an antique ring and after a detour via modern ovals have come full circle. Though I love the modern cuts, whenever I go to a jewelers it's the antique stones that steal my heart.

Anyway, the SO and I are in the States for the holidays, then back to they UK on 5 Jan. Before we left London I found an amazing art deco halo but it sadly sold about 15 mins after I looked, and so now I am trying to find something similar in the States while we're here, largely since it tends to be a bit better value even when I take into account import tax. I'm hoping you guys can help me out. I'm also torn between cushion and round so I've attached pics of both - any opinions gratefully received!

Both stones below are around 0.6ct. The features I like are the halo with the airline gap, the bezel setting, the decorative shoulders and the triply band (though I also like double). It's really important to me that the whole ring, not just the stone, are from the art deco era.

Do any of you have ideas on where I might find a similar ring in the States? To give you an idea of price, the ones attached cost around 5000gbp/$7500, but as we'd have to pay import tax on anything we buy here I'd like to keep the budget at around $5000. We're in Tallahassee, Florida, so we'd have to find a vendor that could ship to us before the 5th.

I realise it's a big ask in a short timeframe, but if anyone has ideas I'd love to hear them!

img_6516.jpg

_25634.jpg

LondonGal

Rough_Rock
I'm in the UK and have seen quite a few of this design on my travels.

I've found some in antique shops, but more in smaller independent jewellers. They've ranged from £2000 - £5000, depending on the size of the centre stone.

I trawled eBay searching antique jewellery for a while and came across BJ Antiques - though I found the prices a bit steep (I have a string of cherry amber like they have and paid half what they're asking).

I've also seen nice items on Perry Hall and AC Silver - again, expensive.

They're out there if you look. Good luck.

ETA: Oops! Just noticed you were looking in the US. I've found quite a few retailers there that will ship. One is Brilliant Earth, another is Trumpet & Horn - they were very helpful and told me there's no import taxes from the US to the UK on certain items.

A good place to find sellers is 1stdibs.com. I know a lot of people here have rec'd SingleStone and Goodoldgold.

The only reservation I'd have about importing from the US is not being able to face-to-face haggle. I've usually managed 25% off on s/h items from my local jeweller.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Any luck? Did you check with Dover Jewelry www.doverjewelry.com??? They have a website online. I think you can find something like this in the UK. I was just in London last week. I think you can look at Hatton Gardens?

I know u want the whole thing to be authentic, but you could get a stone from Old World Diamonds and have it set in a Beverley K setting.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results