shape
carat
color
clarity

Need help deciding between 2 settings!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
I prefer the more refined look of the setting on the right. I have a friend who wears a similar set with the matching bands on each side of the e-ring (sorry no pics) and it is very attractive. However it does take up a lot of real estate on the finger.

akoya

Shiny_Rock
i like the one on the right for the bling ./ settings of the side stones but its a very common design. so i think thats why u went for the left initially?

based on yr rings + fingers pics, i think the gold/right looks better. the thicker bands x 2 is too thick for yr fingers. doesnt look as good. The thinner band will still see some of the lower portion of the finger.

kelmel

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the input Sundial!

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I like the set on the right. Looks better balanced on your hand. =)

Judy

kelmel

Rough_Rock
Thanks guys! Yes, I initially went with the one on the left because it was a bit different than the traditional.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kelmel :)

There's a whoooooole lot going on with the round and baguette set, and if you don't want to overpower your center stone, that might not be the way to go. The bands take up a lot more of your finger and the round/baguette combo fills that space with detail. So if you want something not as 'big' - in all senses - and if you want your center stone to be the star, definitely the smaller, more delicate set. If you were to buy that set (the all-rounds set), I would also get a plain wedding band, so you can 'bling down' when you feel like it. I think that set is also a lot more classic, so won't date as much as the round/baguette set, and I think the wedding band from that set (the one with only rounds) would look lovely worn alone as well - giving you lots of options.

Just some thoughts - hope they're helpful. :wavey:

kelmel

Rough_Rock
Thanks mrs-blop! I really appreciate your input. I guess there are more options with the thinner set. A plain band could be worn, or two on either side, etc.

So, it seems everyone thinks my diamond would look bigger with the more delicate set...that is an important point to consider indeed because I know lots of ladies experience "shrinking diamond syndrome". lol In other words, after they wear it a while, they feel their diamond could or should be bigger.

I have also been told that the reason a lot of people pick a wider setting is to make up for a smaller diamond, but with my diamond that isn't really necessary. He speaks for himself. :)

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
kelmel|1422546540|3823853 said:
Thanks mrs-blop! I really appreciate your input. I guess there are more options with the thinner set. A plain band could be worn, or two on either side, etc.

So, it seems everyone thinks my diamond would look bigger with the more delicate set...that is an important point to consider indeed because I know lots of ladies experience "shrinking diamond syndrome". lol In other words, after they wear it a while, they feel their diamond could or should be bigger.

I have also been told that the reason a lot of people pick a wider setting is to make up for a smaller diamond, but with my diamond that isn't really necessary. He speaks for himself. :)

That's a lovely way to put it - and yes, he does. :) Too much detail just makes chatter in the background. I know you want to give him center stage, and I think it's a smart move.

Please let us know how you proceed and where you end up!

kelmel

Rough_Rock
I will keep you all posted.

I did look at a cathedral yesterday. Channel set with diamonds (like the delicate one in the pics, except cathedral). I decided against it because the shoulders did not appear to be wide enough for my diamond. The jeweler said he could shave off a little on the shoulders, but I'd rather not chance it. The particular cathedral I looked at would probably be better suited with a 4 prong head, and I prefer to stick with a 6 prong head.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results