color
clarity

How do you relax?

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

What do you like to do to unwind?

Shop? Watch movies? Bath? Spend a day with friends or alone? Sports? or exercise?

I always look forward to my alone time--at heart I am kind of a loner and am really happy on my own. I am very active with sports and exercise and find that helps me to unwind--but again on my own. Not to say I don't enjoy long walks with a friend and have a good wag, but most often my activities are solitary.

Your turn!

cheers--Sharon

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pricescope! A walk with my dog. I also love to shop or get coffee or lunch with a girlfriend.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like to read, knit and enjoy looking at pretty pictures of jewelry on Pricescope.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like to read and watch tv...I love true crime shows, like the ones on ID. I like to garden. My husband and I take "tours" of our yard during the nicer months, and we sit outside a lot.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Shopping...or laying in bed watching Golden Girls. Yes, seriously.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If I'm really stressed, I will watch cheesy B movies. I don't know why this works for me, but it does help me relax. I've had a one a day habit for a while now. :shifty:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Walk the dog, cooking, dining out, listening to music or watch TV while participating in messaging boards (jewellery x 2, and a camping one), go to the cinema, gym, driving my car, and cuddle the cat, etc...

DK :))

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sitting on the beach, hunting shark's teeth on the beach, taking a walk, stalking jewelry sites on my iPad, getting my butt kicked in Scrabble on the iPad (winning sometimes), cat naps! Hanging with my hubby and having a nice glass of wine...

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Bubble baths are big for me--I have one almost every night! And I love the way the house smells after--that is relaxing.

MayK--you reminded me that I love Scrabble, I must start playing again! I used to play online with my sister--but i think she cheated a lot! :saint: :lol: ;))

cheers--Sharon

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bubble baths, a cold beer, a movie... Among other things.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Calliecake|1422204284|3821826 said:
Pricescope! A walk with my dog. I also love to shop or get coffee or lunch with a girlfriend.

I dunno CC--some of the threads on PS these days are not very relaxing to read! :saint: :bigsmile:

cheers--Sharon

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Play my flute or go for a walk with dear hubby. Soak in the tub.

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
I go to the pool and beat the crap out of the water (swim). After an hour I'm pretty relaxed :lol:

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I usually read or watch a movie or TV show. I also love going to the beach. Being near the water is very relaxing.

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
A cup of coffee and pricescope, reading a book, or going for a long run.

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A nice cocktail-Bourbon and gingerale-tall with lots of ice. I then find something good on Hulu, Netflix, Amazon Prime or YouTube and binge watch a few shows. Just caught up on Season 6 of Doc Martin. I do this after all chores and tasks are done for the day and the next day is prepped too.

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Go out for a walk, bake something yummy (baking is meditative!), explore Netflix and zone out in front of the tv, play music, play silly games on my iPhone, cuddle my dog and inhale the scent of his fuzzy neck. Used to be that I'd cuddle my kids for relaxation but their patience limit for that is about 5 seconds now and comes with a lot of :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:. Thank goodness for our fur babies!

Reactions: AV_

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love long showers, cuddling with my kitties, watching movies/series, and surfing the net.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
canuk-gal|1422235136|3822029 said:
Calliecake|1422204284|3821826 said:

I dunno CC--some of the threads on PS these days are not very relaxing to read! :saint: :bigsmile:

cheers--Sharon

Sharon,

Trust me. I learned my lesson and won't be going down that road again anytime soon!

Callie

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Bath
Walk alone
Cup of hot Tea
Eating out on the patio
Sitting in the sun
Yoga
Reading a book
Listening to music
Breathing ( I think people forget to take deep breaths)

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Skippy|1422413599|3823030 said:
Bath
Walk alone
Cup of hot Tea
Eating out on the patio
Sitting in the sun
Yoga
Reading a book
Listening to music
Breathing ( I think people forget to take deep breaths)

Yup.

:)) :wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Working out with my favorite workout music playing.

Listening to my favorite (non workout) music while sitting next to my dh on the couch either reading or online or just listening to the music.

Hanging out with my kitties sitting around me purring.

Taking very long walks.

Shopping in the stores or online. Shopping and buying relaxes me unfortunately for our pocketbook lol.

Enjoying the Show Me the Bling threads and visiting some of my favorite other threads on Pricescope.

Sitting outside on our deck at the beach house listening to the waves and enjoying the sun.

Watching a good movie or anything else that is enjoyable with my dh in the comfort of our home (i.e. not the movie theater).

And soon, when the weather warms up, we hope to get back to what was my most relaxing activity. Tandem cycling at the beach. Long bike rides (around 80 miles or so) by the ocean. That's when I felt the most free and at peace and that is my goal. To get back to cycling which was where I truly felt free, happy and at peace.

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I watch TV or read and if it is the weekend I will have a glass or two of wine (or a whole bottle lol) while doing these things..my life has been very stressful lately and not a whole lot has been working for me...but I still keep trying...

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Read in bed, or play words with friends in bed.....I also love cooking, shopping (alone) to relax.

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Relax? I don't know what this word means, I work during the week and then play heavy metal shows and chase apex marine predators on the weekend for 'fun' :D

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I pretty much look at PS, ebay, etc. in the evenings. My husband likes movies that I don't really like (scary or war movies, etc) and so I just play on the computer. I do enjoy movies, though, when I get the chance. Like you, Sharon, I am generally happy alone.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
For me, relaxation is quiet coffee on my own. My eldest is in school & my youngest attends a private Nursery for 3 mornings per week. On those mornings, I drop them both off, run between 5 & 7k depending on leg power, shower, then head for my local Costa Coffee. I read the paper, I talk to strangers & I indulge myself in calm...

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Nice posts, ya'll! Reading the newspaper with a glass of wine after work or while in the tub is definitely relaxing for me also--because I have to make time for it.

cheers--Sharon

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Going for a long walk, gym workout, reading a good book or a trip to the beach. Or if I'm really knackered...lying on the couch with the iPad!

ETA: I really miss bubble baths! Our new apartment doesn't have a tub :(sad

MisterMadelise

Shiny_Rock
Watch a movie or play a video game on the couch. Or make a movie.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results