shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond purchase - please check out this stone for me!

achromaticmike

Rough_Rock
Per a lot of the advice of this website I purchased this diamond based on the numbers which I input into the Holloway Cut Advisor and got a score of 1.7. I just received the images and was hoping someone experienced could tell me what they thought as I haven't seen the Diamond in person yet and still have the ability to cancel the order.

I am basically looking for a perfect diamond to the naked eye; colorless, eye-clean to an expert, great light return, ideal cut, etc. Now honestly; the pictures look a bit underwhelming and it appears that the inclusion/s is/are directly in the center of the stone so I'm a bit worried they will be visible. It might just be that I'm holding this Diamond to the generic ultimate standard and it's in fact really good? This is my first Diamond purchase and I truly appreciate your honest opinions.

Cost was $44xx but again price really isn't an issue. I just want the best deal on a perfect to the eye Diamond in the carat size of the birth year and basically was attempting to avoid paying for improvements that are only visible under magnification.

GIA info:
Measurements 6.03 - 6.05 x 3.74 mm
Carat Weight 0.84 carat
Color Grade
The absence of color ranging from colorless to light yellow or brown when compared to GIA Master Color Comparison Diamonds.
F
Clarity Grade VS1
Cut Grade Excellent
PROPORTIONS

Depth 62.0 %
Table 57 %
Crown Angle 35.0°
Crown Height 15.0%
Pavilion Angle 40.8°
Pavilion Depth 43.0%
Star Length 50%
Lower Half 80%
Girdle Medium to Slightly Thick, Faceted, 3.5%
Culet None
FINISH

Polish Excellent
Symmetry Excellent
FLUORESCENCE

Fluorescence None
CLARITY CHARACTERISTICS

Clarity Characteristics Crystal, Cloud

real_image_stock_6549533_0.jpg

aset_stock___6549533.jpg

idealscope_stock__6549533.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Too bad an inclusion is directly in the center of the stone, under the table. I'd be eternally fixated on that....

cheers--Sharon

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sharon,
Are you saying you can spot this with the naked eye on a VS1 diamond?

achromaticmike

Rough_Rock
If that inclusion is visible I'd be eternally fixated on it as well....Any idea?

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono|1422562213|3824027 said:
Sharon,
Are you saying you can spot this with the naked eye on a VS1 diamond?

Mind clean issue. Remember, I am the person who would "waste" money buying IF diamonds! :))

cheers--Sharon

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
achromaticmike|1422562371|3824028 said:
If that inclusion is visible I'd be eternally fixated on it as well....Any idea?
It will not be eye visible. If it is, GIA will not grade it as VS1.

Sharon,
I understand the mind clean issue. ;))

Roqsteady

Shiny_Rock
On a VS1 diamond, you have absolutely nothing to worry about, trust me. The ASET and Idealscope image look very good to me. I think you've found a winner. Is this from B2C?

achromaticmike

Rough_Rock
Roqsteady|1422562793|3824038 said:
On a VS1 diamond, you have absolutely nothing to worry about, trust me. The ASET and Idealscope image look very good to me. I think you've found a winner. Is this from B2C?

Yes. I originally found two I liked on Blue Nile and then per the recommendations here on all things being equal besides price I went with B2C. B2C required me to purchase the stone before they would provide the images as supposedly it wasn't in their possession initially.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
it looks great.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results