shape
carat
color
clarity

What is your favorite piece of jewelry?

ihy138

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I am taking advantage of this snowy day in Massachusetts to photograph some of my jewelry. Here is my favorite piece. It is an art deco dinner ring with OECs and emeralds set in platinum, estimated to be from the 20s.

What is your most beloved item?

img_6762.jpg

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a great thread for a very snowy day! :appl: :appl:
I think that my current favorite piece of jewelry is this watch that I got 2 years ago when I turned the big 5 - 0. :dance:
I think of it as a ruby (my birthstone,) diamond and gold bracelet that just happens to tell time. Form and function all wrapped up in one! :D

fullsizerender-9.jpg

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh! P.S. LOVE your Gatsby era ring.. it's a beaut!! :love:

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
my engagement ring. I clean it and stare at it all the time. I've had it about 5 months. I wonder if this will eventually wear off ;-)

shady2.jpg

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
Hands down my mom's ring that I inherited when she died after 9/11....

_26410.jpg

gixxerbabe

Rough_Rock
Besides my engagement ring, my favorite and most meaningful piece is an opal and diamond ring I inherited from my mom eleven years ago. My sisters and I adored the ring since we were little and used to watch in awe as our mom showed us all the beautiful pieces she'd collected over the years. This stood out because the colors seemed so magical to me as a little girl, and it was a gift from our dad to our mom (during happier times in their marriage). Opal is my birthstone, so it was agreed the ring would be passed to me. Here it is with my nosy, entitled cat in the background. :lol:

20150127_212408.jpg

20150127_212428_0.jpg

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
My favourite jewellery piece is my bi-colour sapphire which I bought and set into a ring to celebrate my CA graduation and work promotion. :))

_26422.jpg

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can see why these are everybody's favorite pieces!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The black opal ring my mother gave me years ago. My dad bought it for her in 1972 from Cartier. The black opal is from Lightning Ridge and the colors are so vibrant and rich that no picture I have ever taken does it any justice. You will just have to take my word for it that in person it is so much better than the pictures depict.

_26425.jpg

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What gorgeous rings everyone has posted.. what a pleasure to see each and every piece!! :love: :love: :love:
Missy.. that opal.. :o :o :o Wow.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous pieces everyone! Missy…wow…your opal ring is absolutely fabulous! :love: I do love a beautiful halo heehee :halo:

ihy138, I adore your ring! I'm obsessed with the 20's…looking at this piece makes me feel like I'm at one of Jay Gatbsy's parties!

Rubies are me, your watch is gorgeous! It really is a spectacular piece of jewelry.

HappyNewLife, that is a beautiful ring, such a pretty diamond, it could not look more perfect on you! I love that "new ring" feeling, hope it lasts a long time for you!

Heidi and gixxerbabe, not only are your rings stunning but they are also precious reminders of your loved ones, and that makes for a very special piece of jewelry!

Ricezo, love your ring, the color of the sapphire is so beautiful!

Mine is my current ering - still get a kick out of slipping it on!

img_6766.jpg

ihy138

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Rubies-r-me - That watch is so stunning!!

Happynewlife - Beautiful engagement ring! It's so classic. I doubt you will tire of it anytime soon.

Heididdl - That ring is gorgeous, and what a beautiful story. I'm so sorry for your loss.

gixxerbabe and missy - Love those opals! I think they are my new favorite gem.

ricezo - I love that! Congrats on your promotion.

Junebug17 - That ring is a stunner! I would get a kick out of it, too!

Thank you all for sharing these gorgeous jewels! Please keep them coming. :appl:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For sure, my VC set.

dsc_0427.jpg

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For sure, my VC set.

dsc_0427.jpg

Everyone's pieces are so amazing. :)

Gem Queen

Brilliant_Rock
Heididl. Sorry if I spelled your name wrong. Your ring is beautiful and your story took my breath away and broke my heart for you at the same time. Please show more pictures. Hope this post doesn't upset you

Snowyrin

Shiny_Rock
It's gonna be my very light yellow radiant diamond with trapz sides
image_2946.jpg

RosieR

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Stunning jewels everyone. Thanks for sharing :)

akoya

Shiny_Rock
Rubies-R-Me|1422393678|3822865 said:
What a great thread for a very snowy day! :appl: :appl:
I think that my current favorite piece of jewelry is this watch that I got 2 years ago when I turned the big 5 - 0. :dance:
I think of it as a ruby (my birthstone,) diamond and gold bracelet that just happens to tell time. Form and function all wrapped up in one! :D
this is nice! i love pearls so the MOP ? face is really nice :appl:

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Akoya! I love MOP watch faces too.. they really give it depth and personality.. just like people. :lol:
I have a very similar watch also with a MOP face.. minus the bling in yellow gold.

photo-230.jpg

RandG

Brilliant_Rock
Rubies-- GORGEOUS! Wow! All of these are just heavenly!

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks RandG. :wavey: You are sweet!

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
P.S. And thank you so much Junebug :wavey: and ihy138 :wavey:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the beautiful and meaningful pieces in this thread!!!

My favorite is my OEC set in Victor Canera's Sophia setting

_26446.jpg

_26447.jpg

ihy138

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom and Snowyrin - What gorgeous rings!! Oh so pretty.

Acinom - That ring is a dream! What a lovely stone.

Tanzigrrl

Brilliant_Rock
My tanzanite necklace (of course)

_26473.jpg

Sphene

Brilliant_Rock
I have died and gone to heaven they are all so beautiful :appl:

IE_Princess

Shiny_Rock
I have had many highs with my jewelry, and a few lows, but everything has balanced out and I am off the treadmill of acquisition. I have some treasured pieces (e-ring, WSS anniversary pearls), but truly my favorite is my vintage 1917 British 22k gold wedding band. I've had so many stackers and eternity bands that made wedding "sets", (including the thin little 14k band I was married with which was never substantial enough to wear alone) but never a wedding band that felt like something that was significant all by itself. This band is heavy and smooth and comfortable and almost never comes off my hand (I have never before had a band that I would leave on in the shower); I finally understand why DH loves having a plain band (his is platinum and even heavier and more substantial). Before this band I didn't like mixed metals, but I love this band so much that I also love it with my e-ring.

I suppose I can't really explain it. I have anniversary bands that celebrate the specific years and other special occasions. I have my upgrade e-ring which represents DH's love and esteem. But the band is about my commitment, about the promises that I made all those years ago and renew daily. When I look at my hand and see the e-ring, I think to myself, "Wow, he loves and cherishes me." When I look at the band I think, "I have made a promise and will live each day doing my utmost to be loving, loyal, and faithful to my husband."

Somehow, it is this band. We tried a beautiful Bev K wide eternity, but it was always off and on depending on what I was doing, and I mostly wore it to sleep in. Before I got this band we bought a different 22k gold band and somehow it wasn't the right one; it didn't feel right. I am of the opinion that this band must have already spent many years representing someone else's love and commitment, and thus that is imparted to me and now I am the caretaker. (But I am funny like that, I loved having a used crib because my boys slept like champs in it and I was certain that it was because it had already been well-slept in by their cousins.)

img_5648_2.jpg

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My Right Hand Ring, a 1.19ct E VS1 EC in its new forever home:

ecreset_b.jpg

The diamond was my 40th birthday present to myself, and I had it re-set in time for my 50th next month.

DK :))

ihy138

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous pieces tanzigirl and dk!

IE princess - what a lovely sentiment and write-up. That is such an amazing way to view your band. :errrr:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results