shape
carat
color
clarity

Got my new ring and a weird hole-like in the diamond

beekeeper

Rough_Rock
Hi PSers. I received my new ring earlier this month from Whiteflash and still admiring it.

The shank is symmetrical, crown is center and all four prongs are at the right height. I am very happy with it.

Here are a couple pictures. I'll take more when I ask the big question. Till then, I'm still trying to figure out how to take macro "glamour" pictures without it looking blurry.

Look at one of the pictures. There is a weird hole-like in the middle of the diamond. Must have taken it at a weird angle. Funny.. :lol: Any idea why it's like this?

Thanks to Todd G. You've been a great help and diamondseeker2006, JulieN and Gypsy. You guys don't know me but I've read a lot of your posts. :appl:

_26420.jpg

_26421.jpg

Madison2

Brilliant_Rock
Hello,
I dont know the specs of your diamond, do you know if the diamond has a cutlet?
Maybe thats what your seeing.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Please post your diamond cut specs.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you notice it IRL? Could be camera reflection.

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It's a culet.

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is just the camera shadow showing the refection of the table in the pavilion with the arrows shadow around it. It is not a culet, a round brilliant ACA has none and if it did a generic brilliant culet is tiny and not like an old European cut's one. Your picture is normal. It is basically the blue you see in your asset PIC but at an angle so you don't see it in the top of the picture.

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The arrow heads are like paddles as they name it, sometimes shows more in lower pavilions of 40.5 and 40.6. This is meaning that the shadowing shows up the whole kite facet on the crown rather than just the arrow.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If this is a WF ACA, which I suspect it is, based on your old post, what you are seeing is fine and normal. It will not look like this most of the time; you happened to have the light just so to create this effect.

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree with Chrono.

Ideal_Polish

Rough_Rock
Trade
Hi Beekeeper. +1 to Pyramid's reply. Although everyone wants a great close-up picture of their beautiful diamonds ,this means the camera which is generally black in color reflects onto the diamond when placed too close. Don't worry about a thing :angel:

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats!

The circle is the table reflection.

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the education. I am glad to have cleared up my misconception.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results