Somebody's Gotta Buy This Stone!

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maybe we can all chip in and do timeshares? [emoji14] [emoji14]

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I too would love to get that stone from Gene!

DK :love:

S

SparkliesLuver

I wish I wanted this much orange in my future red spinel...

red-orange Burmese spinel
2.78 ct
8.0 x 7.0 x 6.1mm
VVS clarity (I do see something in the picture, but not in the video...still, for the price)
He doesn't say anything about treatment
$300
http://www.finewatergems.com/spinel.html
He has a video, too

4712292_orig.jpg

Erin418

Rough_Rock
That red-orange spinel was bought last week. :naughty: What you see is a light scratch on the crown. I was actually just going to start a thread asking for advice since I'm very new to gems.

S

SparkliesLuver

Ah, okay. Thanks, Erin! Never mind, then. :oops:

LoversKites

Brilliant_Rock
Erin418|1422891012|3825980 said:
That red-orange spinel was bought last week. :naughty: What you see is a light scratch on the crown. I was actually just going to start a thread asking for advice since I'm very new to gems.

So you bought it? Congrats, I'm very curious about how it shifts.

GregS

Brilliant_Rock
If I had any reason for a brownish yellow stone I'd be all over this Zircon. It must be incredibly brilliant.

$148.50
Reference # YZI339ab
Light source Studio Daylight
Clarity Eye clean
Shape Round
Cutting Portuguese
Length 6.60 mm
Width 6.60 mm
Depth 4.2 mm
Weight 1.650 CTS
Enhancement (N) None
Origin Madagascar

http://www.multicolour.com/detail/?992414750

j2w_yzi339ab_0.jpg

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Did anybody see this sapphire on Gene's (precision gem for the newbies) twitter?

(to access his twitter, just click on it from his blog, close the annoying "join Twitter" window and you can see his stuff, because it's a public twitter. I say this because some expressed concern in earlier posts that they couldn't see his twitter without having their own twitter account. This is not correct, public twitters are open to all)

I emailed and he said it will be around 4 Carat :shock: when he's done recutting it.

It already looks pretty sparkly! :appl:

Can't wait to see the finished product.

4_carat_sapphire.png

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Such a lovely colour, too. This one will be a big winner.

S

SparkliesLuver

iLander said:
Did anybody see this sapphire on Gene's (precision gem for the newbies) twitter?
I emailed and he said it will be around 4 Carat :shock: when he's done recutting it.
It already looks pretty sparkly! :appl:
Can't wait to see the finished product.

Oh, yes; how could you miss it? ;-) So lovely, and that's coming from a non-pink person. +1 all around!

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah, that pink sapph has my name allllll over it. :naughty:

GregS

Brilliant_Rock
eastjavaman|1423498477|3829789 said:
I would definitely recommend the video shot sapphire :lickout: , but for the studio shot, it has that steely look :wacko: . I am confused as which one is the correct color of this sapphire.
http://www.finewatergems.com/sapphire.html
With this particular vendor I'd tend to believe the video over the picture. His pictures seem to show the stones at their worst, which I think is commendable. There has been a few times where I have seen stones that look much better than expected from this vendor.

LoversKites

Brilliant_Rock
I would definitely recommend the video shot sapphire :lickout: , but for the studio shot, it has that steely look :wacko: . I am confused as which one is the correct color of this sapphire.

If you're interested in buying, definitely ask him for his opinion on which is more accurate, and about colour shifts. Perhaps it looks more like the photo indoors and more like the video in natural light.

Xrisus

Shiny_Rock
Granted, this stone is set, it is a wonderful red spinel (the round is the one for sale). If I could afford it now, I would get it for my wife. NKOTB has immaculate taste and I have purchased multiple stones from her and never been dissapointed. I believe she also has it listed in the preloved Pricescope section, loupetroop's messaging system can be very unreliable.

http://loupetroop.com/listings/rings-colored-stone-center/finewater-red-spinel-ring

_26949.jpg

_26950.jpg

digdeep

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
WHOA! I looked at the pic's and thought to myself that's classic photo shopping.........until I saw whose ring it is! OMG.....that color is amazing!! That would definitely STOP people in their tracks................ :love:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I think the answer is both. It is likely that this particular sapphire does not hold its colour well indoors so it looks smashing outside then "dies" indoors.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Erin418|1422891012|3825980 said:
Feel free to start a new thread on it. Do the inclusions break the surface? There are several of these running across the crown.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Chrono, you are very eagle-eyed. I inquired about the red-orange spinel previously, and never even noticed the lines. Now that you pointed it out, they are very obvious in the picture.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Here is a whole pile of Fancy Colored Diamonds, over 4 carats worth, for just over $5,000! :appl:

These are not tiny, hard-to-see earrings. I emailed and found out they are 33 millimeters long, by 15 millimeters wide. That's pretty big. :shock: I think if they put the measurements on their jewelry, they'd sell a lot quicker, but I guess that didn't occur to them.

They're on clearance at Leibish, http://www.leibish.com/earrings-jewelry/447ct-pink-canary-and-fancy-grey-heart-shaped-fancy-colored-diamond-earrings-set-in-18k-white-yellow-and-rose-gold-557

Someone buy them, so I don't have to lust after them anymore.

_27205.jpg

S

SparkliesLuver

Leibish has clearance?! :shock: I shall check out that section. ;-) Thanks, iLander!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
3.82 carat limegreen Pakistan peridot cut by Alan Unangst, availably via Chris Auletta. 9.22 mm an 6.2 mm deep.
Asscher cut.

Price: $ 382

I love the cut. Unfortunately this color does not match with my skintone.

_27207.jpg

_27208.jpg

_27209.jpg

_27210.jpg

S

SparkliesLuver

Really, Acinom? Huh. I would have guessed it'd look great with your skin tone. Is it too yellowish? It's a very pretty peridot, plus I'm a sucker for that cut.

LoversKites

Brilliant_Rock
Acinom|1424354698|3834774 said:
3.82 carat limegreen Pakistan peridot cut by Alan Unangst, availably via Chris Auletta. 9.22 mm an 6.2 mm deep.
Asscher cut.

Price: $ 382

I love the cut. Unfortunately this color does not match with my skintone.

That's very pretty. I like peridot. This is probably one of the shallowest asschers I've seen. Sometimes theyre as deep as they are long/wide.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SparkliesLuver|1424355007|3834776 said:
Really, Acinom? Huh. I would have guessed it'd look great with your skin tone. Is it too yellowish? It's a very pretty peridot, plus I'm a sucker for that cut.

It's too yellow for me indeed. Also, I now have my dose of green with Gene's tourmaline. I was very very tempted though. What a beauty

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Or what about this dreamy pastel colored Rose de France Amethyst...
Beautiful stone. Since I am a winter type in terms of colors, I have to pass up on this one as well.

3.11 ct and 8.8 mm. Available via Chris Auletta
Price 175 $

_27212.jpg

_27213.jpg

_27215.jpg

_27216.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results