shape
carat
color
clarity

18-24" of Snow for NYC!

Modified Brilliant

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
We are getting hit very hard on the North Shore (Boston). About 26-30 inches of blowing fluffy snow. Been snowing 27 hours non-stop.
Schools closed today and tomorrow. One of the biggest storms in my lifetime!

Maria D

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It's still snowing here in Maine as well. No school tomorrow, a bit more snow coming Friday and possibly even more Sunday into Monday. It's going to be a long June for teachers. I wish they'd cancel February vacation as I'm getting it now!

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stay safe! We ended up with 17" and I live just a few miles away from where it was only 10", this storm is a fickle beast! I'm back to school tomorrow!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Asscherhalo_lover|1422419340|3823064 said:
Stay safe! We ended up with 17" and I live just a few miles away from where it was only 10", this storm is a fickle beast! I'm back to school tomorrow!

Everyone is saying that. VapidLapid pointed out some differences in snow fall totals in New York City. Modified Brilliant said there was 26" to 30" on the North Shore of Boston. My great nephew e-mailed me that the storm wasn't as bad as expected (from Cambridge, which is in the middle of Boston). He said it was the 3 foot drifts that made it look higher, but that he estimated that they got more or less a foot.

AGBF

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, I hope all of you who got so much snow are doing well and staying safe and warm inside.

AGBF|1422384156|3822802 said:
I love your pictures, missy! Does your sister live close to you? Do you get to see your nieces often?

Deb

Hi Deb, thanks. My sister lives in Long Island about an hour or so away from us via car. Not too far but not close enough to visit as often as I would like. I wish I could visit my nieces every week but unfortunately that is not possible. I wish we lived next door to each other. That would be ideal.

Snow totals:
Where we live in Brooklyn: about 8 inches
At our beach house: 9.2 inches
Where my sister lives in Long Island: 17 inches
Where my parents live in Brooklyn: 9 inches

One last picture. This is from one of our security cameras (backyard) at our beach house yesterday. Not too much snow as you can see. Looks like the wind blew much of the snow away in certain areas. This is the kind of snow I can handle. ;))

backyardbeachhousesnowstorm2015.jpg

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Maria D|1422414285|3823035 said:
It's still snowing here in Maine as well. No school tomorrow, a bit more snow coming Friday and possibly even more Sunday into Monday. It's going to be a long June for teachers. I wish they'd cancel February vacation as I'm getting it now!

Maria, I have a feeling we don't live too far from one another because we have the same exact forecast here too. I'm in the state next door. We're on our second snow day of the year so far. I wonder how much snow we'll get on Friday and on Sunday into Monday. My local news station hasn't said yet, not that I've heard anyway.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
HI, AGBF. Thank you for thinking of me.

It was not that bad in Rhode Island. We got around a foot of snow in my city. But those north of us got two feet or more. Thanks to the fact that the snow was powdery, we did not have many power outages here. Those that did, were fixed quickly. We did lose cable and Internet, though. Cox went down Monday night and did not come back until 10 AM today. So everyone at my house having the day off with no TV or computer did make for an interesting 24+ hours.

Just checked newspaper. Actually, we got 18 inches.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ruby59|1422481282|3823423 said:
HI, AGBF. Thank you for thinking of me.

It was not that bad in Rhode Island. We got around a foot of snow in my city. But those north of us got two feet or more. Thanks to the fact that the snow was powdery, we did not have many power outages here. Those that did, were fixed quickly. We did lose cable and Internet, though. Cox went down Monday night and did not come back until 10 AM today. So everyone at my house having the day off with no TV or computer did make for an interesting 24+ hours.

Just checked newspaper. Actually, we got 18 inches.

I'm glad you're OK, ruby! Nothing like losing cable to throw the family back onto its its own resources, though. Did you play board games?

Deb

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results