shape
carat
color
clarity

Worried About Cut And Twinning Wisps

rllicero

Rough_Rock
Hi, I am seriously considering buying a diamond but wanted to see that the PSers had to say first. My key concerns are that the grade making inclusions are twinning wisps that run directly over the center of the diamond. Also, The cut grade is only very good with a polish of good and symmetry of very good with surface graining on the diamond. However, when I plugged in the dimensions to the HCA it said it was excellent. Here is a photo of the report. Any help is much appreciated!

Attachments

• i_si.pdf
    124.4 KB · Views: 52

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have you asked the seller if it is eye-clean? Ask them to what standard they are saying yes or no...3 inches away, 6 inches...etc.

Ask them if there is any haziness to the stone.

Texas Leaguer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I agree with the concern tyty raised. Plotted twinning wisps, plus additional twinning wisps mentioned, combined with surface graining and mediocre polish can add up to compromised transparency.

If you are evaluating this stone in person, it would be important to look at it side by side with a stone of similar size and proportions of high clarity. Transparency problems are often subtle, but are important to factor in to your buying decision.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results